Doomsday spotted on the Injustice: Gods Among Us arcade stick

Posted by SFilp • January 15, 2013 at 2:20 p.m. PST
Many readers have pointed out that Doomsday, a character rumored to be on the roster, has been spotted on the newly announced arcade stick that comes with the Battle Edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us.

This isn't a confirmation that he will be playable but it is very interesting that NetherRealm decided to put his portrait on this fight stick.

This is the first time we've seen any official artwork of Doomsday, a character that is known for killing Superman. Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine with no feelings or sentiments beyond his unfocused hatred, murderous rage and the sheer malicious joy of destruction.

If he turns out to be a playable character, it'll be interesting to see what kind of move set these traits may lead to.

Click images for larger versions

Via TestYourMight, jtir123, H1tm0nl33, and many other commentors.

Comments

BoscaBat said on January 15, 2013 at 2:29 p.m.

Have a feeling he'll be the Goro/Kintaro of this game.

FullAnime said on January 15, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.

@Sfilp Didn't Black Lighting restarted superman's heart after Doomsday first fight with superman?

revolvingsun said on January 15, 2013 at 2:31 p.m.

jtir123 said on January 15, 2013 at 2:31 p.m.

@2 Might not be an issue since they don't have to deal with fatalities.

SHAZAMforInjustice said on January 15, 2013 at 2:47 p.m.

Dat cameo..
You know when you are a real nerd?When you roll your eyes at people explaining Superman's death and return and laughing in the inside on how superior your comicbook knowledge is.I feel so alone...

Dutchling said on January 15, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.

@7 I hear ya.

mario3d said on January 15, 2013 at 2:54 p.m.

If they explained how Catwoman could defeats Super man, is certain to make Doomsday playable like a normal char, its boring, more chars style Goro not please

old_school_rival said on January 15, 2013 at 2:55 p.m.

Doomsday would be a good addition, he was what could only be described as a brute. He tore through JLA and killed Superman,as an adversary he was Supermans equivalent to Bane.

FatMus2 said on January 15, 2013 at 2:56 p.m.

Doomsday possibly a final boss? I know next to nothing about the DC Universe so I'm not sure if he's relevant enough to play such a role but I reckon it's a possibility.

Oroku_Saki said on January 15, 2013 at 2:59 p.m.

Why is Supes still around? For the retcon and that US Dollar.

SHAZAMforInjustice said on January 15, 2013 at 3:06 p.m.

@9 Sorry if it sounded like an insult I didnt mean it that way.
I was just realizing that as a comicbook fan I know more about the characters than casual fans.For example knowing every single origin story of Superman or knowing the individual histories of each of the four characters that have been a Robin.

trufenix said on January 15, 2013 at 3:08 p.m.

to be fair, death and return of super man is one of the few death arcs that actually went somewhere, and it wasn't just like, oh, he'll be back next week like it was with Batman and Johnny Storm and Jason Todd and Joker and Captain America and Red Skull and Peter Parker and Juggernaught and Venom and etc. . .

Oroku_Saki said on January 15, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

Although, I have to say that the ElseWorlds [DC's What If¿] and other self-contained graphic novels are still awesome.

BestAlgorithm said on January 15, 2013 at 3:27 p.m.

@SFilp

Has Alfred died and come back yet?

AugustAPC said on January 15, 2013 at 3:28 p.m.

As far as I'm concerned, this is pretty damn hard evidence that this guy will be playable in this game.

CheeseCakez said on January 15, 2013 at 3:43 p.m.

The final boss is gonna be.... Galactus. Kappa.

Otter_of_Death said on January 15, 2013 at 3:48 p.m.

#2 is right. He's most likely going to be a boss or sub-boss.

draw2 said on January 15, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.
Doopliss said on January 15, 2013 at 4:26 p.m.

@23 So it's SFW?

Boogityboy said on January 15, 2013 at 4:31 p.m.

FullAnime said on January 15, 2013 at 4:58 p.m.

@Sflip: Thank you for answering the question. I wasn't to sure. Im still catching up with Superman wasn't a huge fan. I rather Wallace West.

SilentBob said on January 15, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.

@SFlip
Well to be fair, Alfred died in Dark Knight Returns which is a future where Bruce Wayne is old.

Though my favorite death has to be Barry Allen. The way they brought him back was pretty damn good and it took them 23 years to do it. As for Aquaman, I think the only reason they brought him back was because Geoff Johns found a way to make him badass (see Aquaman series since the new 52).

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 15, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.

@SFlip

Read Aquaman its so good give a try :-D

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 15, 2013 at 6:13 p.m.

Aquaman out sold a lot of the Marvel comic

draw2 said on January 15, 2013 at 7 p.m.

@ Dooplis & Boogityboy

...Oh...sorry...yeah, thanks for correcting me.

NSFW Language.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 15, 2013 at 7:07 p.m.

@SFilp

Thanks for giving it a try when you get to issue #15 it get's crazy with Aquaman and the Justice League.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 15, 2013 at 8:28 p.m.

@SFilp

Green Lantern

Swam Thing

Animal Man

Batman

Wonder Woman

Justice League Dark

The Flash

Action Comics

Storm Watch

Justice League

Blue Beetle

are the ones I love there from the new 52

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 15, 2013 at 8:28 p.m.

Hope you enjoy ^_^

MALDA_IS_BACK said on January 15, 2013 at 8:37 p.m.

@SFilp

Cool there is a DC app for the phone they give deals for the comics there you should check it out when you got time.

Boogityboy said on January 15, 2013 at 8:41 p.m.

jtir123 said on January 15, 2013 at 9:16 p.m.

I really need to read Justice League Dark. That series gives DC's magic characters a lot of needed love. Gotta be ready to throw down at least thirty bucks though so maybe next week.

Deyrax said on January 15, 2013 at 9:57 p.m.

#4 Are you a retard or what ? Doomsday not only killed Superman, he ripped entire JLA like they were nothing, he owned Darkseid with ease, go read on Doomsday before talking crap about him. He is the most powerful out of the roster right now, so I fear that would mean he is the boss of the game.

cnorw00d said on January 15, 2013 at 10:19 p.m.

Funfact: Doomsday can rape Goku as well.

EyePawd said on January 15, 2013 at 11:38 p.m.

For anyone who read Injustice #1 today, I think it's a high liklihood that Doomsday is somehow brought in to be the one thing that can take down a Superman that, in the Injustice universe, has created a Totalitarian state.

Batman clearly mentions Doomsday when talking about Superman in the beginning. It wouldn't surprise me if, in the story, Batman is somehow able to bring Doomsday into the picture to try and stop an out-of-control Superman who has cracked mentally after Joker murders Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen.

SilentBob said on January 16, 2013 at 7:26 a.m.

@SFlip

Justice League is ok, Action Comics is interesting, Batman and Robin is pretty good, Batman Incorporated started again recently and I really like the art in it.

Though I really have to recommend The Flash. It's been my favorite series since the new 52 started. The art, the coloring, the way the panels are layed out, how he integrates the title and credits into his full page art is just simply amazing. For that last part, this is the only example I could find off Google Images, but he does this in every title page for each issue and some of them I had to go back and read to actually notice it.

Sunforged_One said on January 16, 2013 at 9:56 a.m.

"Doomsday is a nearly mindless, berserk killing machine with no feelings or sentiments beyond his unfocused hatred, murderous rage and the sheer malicious joy of destruction."

Sounds interesting.

I still don't know if I should buy this game :/

streetfighter_x_tekken said on January 16, 2013 at 10:03 a.m.

I told you on my previous post that Doomsday will be playable ...