Posted by SFilp • January 10, 2013 at 9:24 a.m. PST
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale makes top 10 best sellers for December for both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita Sony has released the list of top of the selling PlayStation 3, PSN and PS Vita games for the month of December. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was able to get in top 10 for both PS3 and PS Vita.

Top 20 PSN and PS3 Full Games

1. Journey
2. Mass Effect
3. Far Cry 3
4. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Top 10 PS Vita Games

1. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
2. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
3. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation
4. Persona 4 Golden
5. UNCHARTED: Fight for Fortune
6. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS Vita

Comments

Hadouken_Os said on January 10, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.

Good news. Hopefully the game flourishes.

TheShadowDancer6 said on January 10, 2013 at 9:36 a.m.

I thought it hadn't sold well... good to read this.I hope this encourages my DLC dream:

Tombi
Raziel
The kid from Heart of Darkness
Harry from Silent Hill
A dinosaur from Dino Crisis
A car from Gran Turismo

CrimzonWolf777 said on January 10, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

Good stuff

jtir123 said on January 10, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.

@2 The disk version didn't sell well. But that's mainly because a great amount of people bought the digital version which wasn't included in the statistics previously. If you combined the sales of digital and disk, then things look more accurate. Meaning overall, the sales were quite positive-- at least, it met their expectations.

Zalgo_Cometh said on January 10, 2013 at 10:03 a.m.

So happy i saw this. preordered this game from i found out Nariko was gonna be in there and i havent regretted it one bit even bought a PSVITA just for the free PSVITA copy got as preorder bonus. this game rocks.

revolvingsun said on January 10, 2013 at 10:03 a.m.

darkblade13 said on January 10, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.

The new Smash game will blow this game into dust.

jtir123 said on January 10, 2013 at 10:08 a.m.

@7 And? I'm buying Smash too. Don't bring up console war stuff, makes the community (and you) look like crap.

Well, actually, do what you want.

Hypermarth said on January 10, 2013 at 10:10 a.m.

It's obviously just because I bought it yesterday while waiting for Kat to come out. xD

BoscaBat said on January 10, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

I didn't get the game, but I am happy to see this, cause maybe more effort will go into the sequel or a alot of DLC will come. Tombi and Abe would be amazing.

FullAnime said on January 10, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.

Hats of too PlayStation All Stars. It's a fun game and needs more players

korosuuu said on January 10, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.

well, thats good to hear...
hopefully not everyone is disappointed by the game, like i am...
i didnt want to play this game competetivly to begin with.. and when you are only looking for fun smash is the much better game imo.

The "dont fall" mechanic in smash is just much more exciting and makes for more awesome matches and comebacks as the "dont get killed by supers" mechanic in allstars...

Just that one difference makes the game so much less fun to play imo.

Recoil said on January 10, 2013 at 10:28 a.m.

Good to hear it's doing well.

Damn, I have no desire to play this game. =( (Not a bash) I only really play fighting games and RPGS and I really have no connection to any of these characters. But anytime a fighting game does well, it's good for all of them.

tktktk43 said on January 10, 2013 at 10:47 a.m.

The PS Vita top ten is a joke especially when the console only has a handful of games. Top ten doesn't really mean much imo. As for the ps3 it's good news. The game is fun and anyone can play and be decent at it. PSA may have future installments.

antisimagenius said on January 10, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

now if they can fix all the game breaking glitches...

vicious1024 said on January 10, 2013 at 11:49 a.m.

@14 tktktk43

Aren't there like 70 games for the Vita? Or did you mean, "...handful of "good" games?"

dc4lsvtec said on January 10, 2013 at 1:15 p.m.

@15,
just an absolute fantastic contribution. Please STFU you fanboys

edrigo said on January 10, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.

worst comment ever

mrambitious said on January 10, 2013 at 2:35 p.m.

Good to see the game isn't being shunned by the "anti-fanboys" as I will call them.

Not really too many game breaking glitches... the sir daniel one is easily countered if you dont just let him set up the glitch..... takes like a good 5-7 seconds to set up properly... just get off YOUR a$$ and do something to stop it lol.

THIS GAME DESERVES MORE INSTALLMENTS, and crash... and spyro... lara croft.... like seriously Crash what ever but tomb raider was a playstation exclusive FOR YEARS. Crash was all over sega and sh*t he really isn't a PSAS but does deserve his spot over Fat Princess anyday ha.

mrambitious said on January 10, 2013 at 2:40 p.m.

Dude so glad to see more vita users. Anyone who says f*ck vita doesn't own one and is just riding the hate wagon with the other haters. i ONLY play on my vita and am a Black Belt with Drake. So awesome to go from my house to my homeys house to my girlfriends and not have to re-enter passwords and sh*t to go online. Best PSP yet. You lame a$$e$ keep using your ps3 and carry 100 wires and parts around all day, I'm good with my vita.

HabinoBR said on January 10, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

^ this

TrueGamingGuru said on January 10, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

@20 I've heard from a friend who found a website of possible details that the characters might be possible or not possible. Like from Activision: Crash & Spyro were consider as impossible due to Activision holding the rights for the two characters very tightly.

Square Enix/Cyrstal Dynamics: Lara Croft was also impossible, because Crystal Dynamics didn't approve her to appear in Playstation All-Stars and Crystal Dynamics has a contract with Microsoft for the Tomb Raider (reboot) DLC to be on Xbox Marketplace first (while other consoles have to wait longer).

The_Barry_Gibb_Talk_Show said on January 10, 2013 at 4:54 p.m.

This information makes sense. I had been hearing that the game flopped in sales. I bought the disc version but was ->this<- close to getting the Digital version. I love this game as much as I love Marvel. And it broke my heart to hear that it wasn't making it into Evo as I was going to go to my first Evo. Had the hotel reserved and everything. I don't have any faith at all in the whole Player's Choice thing.

But they need to fix the online issues and holy crap they need to rebalance the characters. I don't care if they say we need to explore the game more. We were right about Sentinel in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and we were right about Sackboy in Allstars. Kratos needs a drop in AP for all his moves that earn 30, which is basically all of them. Why should he get 30 when everyone else only gets 20? He's so scrubby. Nate Drake also earns AP way too quick for doing nothing. And whoever thought his barrel should be 2 hits is an idiot.

bunny said on January 10, 2013 at 7:54 p.m.

kinda overboard vita cheerleader but when the price is right ima upgrade to that vita myself