Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 10, 2013 at 4:47 p.m. PST
Over 60,000 people responded to Capcom's digital survey, Sven said results were 'very telling' Capcom received over 60,000 responses to their digital survey they ran back in late December 2012. Christian Svensson noted that the results were "very telling" and that it should give the company a prioritized list of things to tackle.

He noted that conveniently enough, fan feedback coincided with things they've been pushing for. Because digital titles take a year or more to make, and a couple of months to greenlight, Svensson added that fans shouldn't expect to hear news in the short term — but they already have some digital titles in the works which will be announced some time in 2013.

Josh: In your opinion what will Capcom Japan think of the digital survey results?

Svensson: I think the breadth of feedback we received was fantastic (more than 60K respondents) and I think Japan will think the same. So thanks everyone for taking the time.

The data collected was very telling and in my opinion easily gives a prioritized list of things I think we should do (conveniently enough, many of them are things we've been pushing for for a while). My next task is to convince the gatekeepers in Japan with the data (which they have in their possession) and ensure what we're working on fits with the complete digital strategy for the company.

Games of this sort take a couple months to greenlight and usually a year or more to make, so again, to set expectations, please don't expect any new news being driven from this survey in the short term. That said, we do have games already in development in this segment, some of which you'll hear about a bit later in the year.

Source: Unity Boards.

Comments

phoenixkusanagi said on January 10, 2013 at 4:53 p.m.

Sweet. Fingers crossed for CVS sequels!

TeenIdol said on January 10, 2013 at 4:53 p.m.

A CvS2 revival is so close that I can taste it.

NyuBomber said on January 10, 2013 at 4:56 p.m.

60k, wow. Glad I'm one of those.

Here's hoping they show signs of listening, going forward.

ZrogiX said on January 10, 2013 at 4:57 p.m.

gtfopanda said on January 10, 2013 at 5:19 p.m.

Hopefully everyone of them asked for Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and some more Megaman.

BoscaBat said on January 10, 2013 at 5:26 p.m.

I didn't ask for anything to do with Megaman tbh, I just don't see the appeal. But great for all the MM fans if he gets a real comeback.

Tensa said on January 10, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

Cool,love what Capcom u.s has been doing :)

error3 said on January 10, 2013 at 5:39 p.m.

Hopefully take my request and they reduce the amount of buttons on fighters to 2. Fighting games are too hard to play...

caramell_dragon said on January 10, 2013 at 5:39 p.m.

Street Fighter EX3 HD! Let's go!

BumblebeeCody said on January 10, 2013 at 5:41 p.m.

@TeenIdol #2
I agree, why bother asking Capcom for a new IP and really put more games like Asuras Wrath and Dragons Dogma out there when all we want is a HD remake of a 12 year old game that'll be forgotten about in a month?
#SayYesToPropCvS2.

rekonyz said on January 10, 2013 at 5:42 p.m.

not to be "that guy" but i think 'greelight' should be greenlight; and 'nears' should be news? I'm pretty excited to see what the next big thing Capcom works on is.

Catalyst said on January 10, 2013 at 5:48 p.m.

@rekonyz

My bad, should have re-read for typos. Fixed, though.

Gamogo said on January 10, 2013 at 5:49 p.m.

Talk and Internet polls are cheap. Time will tell.

J_Tier said on January 10, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.

I voted, but myeh. I think what was telling was how split we are in what we want. Though hopefully at some point in the future, things work out nicely in terms of games they release.

Combo_Knight said on January 10, 2013 at 6:28 p.m.

Here's Hoping That a sequel to a beat em up rises up.

Dungeons and Dragons Shadow Over Mystara is one of if not the best Beatem ups ever. Needs a sequel or at least a Reboot.

SnakeX said on January 10, 2013 at 6:38 p.m.

Is that 60,000+ world wide? Could have been way better, all things considered.
If the intent of the survey was to persuade the head honchos in Japan to budge on more digital titles in the future, especially bringing back things like MegaMan, Onimusha, CvS2, etc. then around 60k may not be enough.

hursh said on January 10, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.

the main thing i wanted from this is a new sprite based MMX game like they did with MM9&10. that would be pretty cool to see, at least for me anyway

RedWaltz79 said on January 10, 2013 at 6:44 p.m.

Here's hoping for some Rival Schools/Project Justice love.

Louiscipher said on January 10, 2013 at 6:48 p.m.

So Alpha collection or at least A2 and 3. Possibly Alpha 4. CVS2 re-release (worst kept secret easily) and possibly CVS3.

rakuko said on January 10, 2013 at 6:49 p.m.

@5: my purpose of responding to that survey was just for AAI2

alphagen said on January 10, 2013 at 6:54 p.m.

@Combo_knight (I still play those game on rom, but would love to play online with people, and I voted for it the survey....(Here's Hoping).

alphagen said on January 10, 2013 at 6:58 p.m.

wish capcom would release the survey result's the public....

KissofPoison said on January 10, 2013 at 6:59 p.m.

The sad thing is... after filling out that survey. They are now going to get the stupid idea that "hey people would rather just have straight up ports of our products than newer installments and improvements to existing current titles" seeing as how every question was answerable with "port of (insert game name here)".

The worst was how generic it was. I laughed seeing the "Port Resident Evil 6 to current consoles" or however it was worded.... clearly they didn't proof-read the survey or make it least bit relevant to the information they SHOULD be collecting.

hazelnut1112 said on January 10, 2013 at 7 p.m.

All I ask for is unnecessary iOS games that no one asked for or were completely unnecessary because of no buttons like MvC 2 port and SFxT for iOS.

bahamutknightzero said on January 10, 2013 at 7:36 p.m.

Less of certain series (RE, Ace Attorney), more of others (beat 'em ups/Final Fight and Captain Commando, Rival Schools, Muscle Bomber)

bunny said on January 10, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

if i get a re thats back to survival horror ill name another kid after capcom ip ...if not than wheres the megaman fps sign up at?

SquallSaga said on January 10, 2013 at 7:55 p.m.

Oh no.... They can't give me tiny hope for something new about Cvs... Not again ! T_T

bahamutknightzero said on January 10, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

Oh almost forgot, MORE SENGOKU BASARA

illness690 said on January 10, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.

theshredder39 said on January 10, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.

#29: Yeah, that pretty much sums up the internet, complaining about sh*t that doesn't matter or anything they can find like the people who complain about Street Fighter X Megaman for example, yeah Capcom didn't make it but for the love of all that is mighty it's a free game and who cares if it's a fan game I'm sure many of the same people played the hell out of Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

mozart0341 said on January 10, 2013 at 11:16 p.m.

@25 Don't forget Battle Circuit.

Batsu said on January 10, 2013 at 11:23 p.m.

I just hope they don't do anymore crossovers and Street Fighters. I'm praying the general public has some sense about themselves when they took this survey.

neogm said on January 11, 2013 at 12:31 a.m.
rosy said on January 11, 2013 at 4:07 a.m.

please, Port DRAGON DOGMA for PC, O mighty Capcom

neogeo_city said on January 11, 2013 at 5:03 a.m.

i hope its sf 5 cuz i believe darkstalkers 4 is in development

no need for anything else :P

Existent said on January 11, 2013 at 6:34 a.m.

Final Fight 4. The time is right.

drunkendan said on January 11, 2013 at 9:02 a.m.

bet I was the only one who voted for Breath of Fire lol

NvhA said on January 11, 2013 at 9:20 a.m.

Give me my Onimusha and Breath of Fire. Let me relive my joyful youth again!

dennishubs said on January 11, 2013 at 9:34 a.m.

i sure hope you guys voted for onimusha damnit!

GodlikeAtheist said on January 11, 2013 at 9:38 a.m.

gimme dragons dogma 2 and a new IP could care less about more squeals.

VulcanHades said on January 11, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

This is a popularity contest. So you can bet your candy ass that Megaman won the most votes along with the other mainstream games.

That also means we won't get a new Rival Schools. :(

handsofgod said on January 11, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

Cvs3 would be a dream not yet though
Sf5 would be something I would be very interested in not yet though
Sfa4 is what I would want, announced in a year and out in 2

I would like a new darkstalkers final fight and a mega man for now

CheeseCakez said on January 11, 2013 at 11:58 a.m.

I just wanted Breath of Fire.

Graymalkin said on January 11, 2013 at 12:50 p.m.

@24 Yeah, 'cause those iOS games stopped new games being made for consoles. Oh, hang on, no they didn't - they had absolutely nothing to do with any other departments.

Still, all they did was make a profit, entertain people, and raise awareness of the games outside the traditional crowd.

What a waste of time, eh?

BoozerX said on January 11, 2013 at 4:05 p.m.

Kurow said on January 11, 2013 at 8 p.m.

Well I voted for Onimusha releases and Power Stone :(... anyway I would love to have Shin Onimusha (Dawn of Dreams) in HD :)