Daigo jumps online and takes on opponents in ranked Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 matches

Posted by SFilp • February 14, 2013 at 11:34 a.m. PST
MCZ|Daigo stopped by the TopangaTV studios yesterday and played some Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 online against various Japanese opponents. In this clip, Daigo plays against high ranked Akuma, Rufus and Gouken players.

Video via XblackvegetaX.

Comments

Lorgar said on February 14, 2013 at 11:51 a.m.

He is such a good player. I enjoy watching his matches.

Anon said on February 14, 2013 at 11:59 a.m.

Man he makes it look so easy. And while holding a conversation.

sarif2soon said on February 14, 2013 at 12:02 p.m.

somehow i read that as "Django".

qnoob said on February 14, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

Chibi said on February 14, 2013 at 12:58 p.m.

Daigo jumps online? Daigo never jumps man =/

SonicfanQ said on February 14, 2013 at 12:59 p.m.

sigh........ dat gouken got walked all over

MCHAWKING said on February 14, 2013 at 1:08 p.m.

@5 I laughed heartily

GakoTheChef said on February 14, 2013 at 1:25 p.m.

Is this Catherine?

archer913 said on February 14, 2013 at 2:01 p.m.

Daigo is smooth and solid as hell.

ZeuX said on February 14, 2013 at 2:56 p.m.

damn i wish I knew what they were saying

Freeyu said on February 14, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.

Makes jokes while he destroys peoples? Damn Daigo, you scary!

warriors said on February 14, 2013 at 3:44 p.m.

1- Infiltration
2- Fuudo
3- Sako
4- Daigo

Just_drink_oe said on February 14, 2013 at 4:12 p.m.

LK said on February 14, 2013 at 6:34 p.m.

5-Dylan

ArturoA9790 said on February 14, 2013 at 7:23 p.m.

And Tokido back there doing his taxes.

thf24 said on February 14, 2013 at 7:24 p.m.

@10 I like to imagine them carrying on the same kind of dialogue that Mike Ross and Gootecks do, haha. I do wonder often whether it's serious and technical like we'd think it is or if it's more casual and humorous.

Portal23 said on February 14, 2013 at 9:03 p.m.

It is amazing how they can play fighting games while cracking jokes. I can't carry a conversation while playing fighting games at all or I'll lose focus.

dorayaki said on February 14, 2013 at 9:43 p.m.

They were casually talking about the opponents, characters, strategies and moves, etc while he was fighting. He missed a couple of times because he was talking. They gave props to Kuwait Oni and Gouken as well. FYI.

gentlestrength said on February 14, 2013 at 11:21 p.m.

Daigo. Man, I learn so much from watching his vids. Whether it's combos or just general game principles.

BladeStunner said on February 15, 2013 at 12:40 a.m.

I gotta say. In terms of best top players that also entertain, Infiltration doesn't even fit in top 250 and neither does Fuudo. That top looks like this:

1. Sako
2. Daigo
3. Tokido
4. Uryo
5. Haitani

Why this specific top, because I want this FGC to grow. Daigo, Sako and Tokido inspire other players and make you wanna play this game more, while infiltration and fuudo are so good at controlling space and pace, that they manage to make the game extremely dull and slow. All my respect for both these extremely strong players, but I can't help it. They make me wanna stop watching SF.
I guess my point is: At some point, the best players become a roll model for others and at that point they should inspire, not discourage.

wingzx20 said on February 15, 2013 at 4:05 a.m.

Damn! i need translations, i need to know what Diago's sense of humour is like

Freeyu said on February 15, 2013 at 7:15 a.m.

Fuudo and Inf don't entertain? What planet are you from? I love watching Infiltration sandbag people then when their ego get's toooo big (gucci mane voice) they get SMACKKKED DOWN by the LORRRDDDAH! And Fuudo just out plays them by mere patience it`s incredible.

joanlori892 said on February 15, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

keebler said on February 15, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.

I sorta understand what you are saying, but i feel like you are disregarding a big part of street fighter when you overlook the intense mindgames and reactions that infiltration and fuudo display.

If you haven't before, go watch Fuudo vs Poongko in Godsgarden (i forget which, but it was 2011 after EVO in vanilla AE). That was an incredibly fun match to watch. My favorite part is at the end, Fuudo baits Poongko into a wakeup SPD, backdashes, and activates Ultra 1 with an amazing freezeframe snapshot of Seth grasping the air. Literally, the whole crowd at the venue along with the commentator yelled out from excitement in unison with Fei Long's yell from the Ultra lol. It was incredible to see. Poongko had barely any life left afterwards, does a dhalsim low punch, fuudo focuses through with an ex rekka for the win, and poongko in a rare moment of emotion throws his hands up from exaperation.

It was honestly one of the coolest fights I have seen in tourney play, and i still watch that part all the time.

llSilkCutll said on February 16, 2013 at 6:34 a.m.

@ 20

I agree.

Infiltration & Fuudo are amazing players, but they do not inspire and their gameplay is boring to watch. I'd rather watch Mago & Tokido any day (that's why Infiltration will never have a video made on him and if there is ever one done I doubt most would watch it).

Daigo is Inspirational because he uses a mid tier Ryu and is the greatest player I've ever seen (Infiltration is only 1 year proven).

Daigo's Ryu & Poongko Seth / Ryu & Bonchan's Sagat are the most Inspirational players for me (along with Ace E I RI N's Guile).