Updated: Frame data for Street Fighter X Tekken, including all DLC characters

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 5, 2013 at 7:16 p.m. PST
Updated: Frame data for Street Fighter X Tekken, including all DLC characters Updated: Zukuu and Street11 have finished compiling the frame data for all of the DLC characters in the game. These are now available like the other characters in the Google Doc spreadsheet via links at the top of the page to select a character.

The community has been recording frame data for Street Fighter X Tekken v2013, including the DLC characters, or at least some of them.

If you check out this Google Doc spreadsheet, you'll see links for all of the game's cast, but some of the DLC characters haven't had their frame data recorded, yet. The veracity of this frame data hasn't been confirmed yet, but if it does or doesn't fall in line with your own findings, feel free to leave a comment about it below.

Keep in mind gathering frame data is a time consuming and tedious process, so zUkUu and Street11, the people behind this, should very much be given kudos for their efforts in gathering this information.

Pointed out by OrionStars.

Comments

zUkUu said on February 14, 2013 at 8:49 p.m.

If you find erros or have additions for any character, please post them here:
or

mai_k_4_life said on February 14, 2013 at 9:06 p.m.

Omg thanks eventhubs, this is going to be so handy for comboing!

Catalyst said on February 14, 2013 at 9:09 p.m.

@zUkUu

Thanks, was wondering who put this together. I've credited you in the story.

zUkUu said on February 14, 2013 at 9:12 p.m.

Thanks Catalyst.

"street11" should be noted as well, tho. He's helping a lot checking my data.

OrionStars said on February 14, 2013 at 9:13 p.m.

Catalyst said on February 14, 2013 at 9:14 p.m.

@zUkUu

Thank you, story updated.

Gurpwnder said on February 14, 2013 at 9:44 p.m.

@ zUkUu

Good stuff, man - I also saw your name mentioned during a Paul 2013 combo video, appreciate your efforts.

Dr_Panic_PhD said on February 14, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.

Ah, the link leads me right to my girl, Alisa. Now I know just how safe all my chipping Destructive Form normals are. Don't hate me. She's not invincible. I can say that for certain.

Carnoustie said on February 14, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.

Shoutouts to the community for putting this together. Why hasn't capcom released this information themselves? I know they want to keep it a little mysterious so people can figure out things on their own, but the game has been out a year and this information would really help level up the community and (theoretically) make the game more entertaining.

Gameplan said on February 14, 2013 at 9:53 p.m.

Wow, nice job zUkUu, this is gonna be very useful for the community.

zUkUu said on February 14, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.

@7 Speaking of Paul, we've also discovered a glitch with Paul, that LITERALLY makes him "toughest in the universe". He's so tough, he even ignores your frame advantage:

That's also the reason why the data for Alisa and Dudley can be 1F off for SOME moves on block (Blanka and Cody have been checked again, Blanka had 2 moves, Cody the ones listed above).

The second thing turns out to be true for ALL characters, so it's probably intentional.

Gameplan said on February 14, 2013 at 10:15 p.m.

Sagat's EX Tiger Uppercut is actually 3F and not 4F like the guide said, lol that explains why my safe jump setups didn't work against it, I thought I was doing something wrong.

Mad props to all the people involved in this project.

RealPrismsword said on February 14, 2013 at 10:34 p.m.

Great Guy Zuuku, kicked ass in wow, kicks ass in Fighting Games; forever cool.

StunningBiceps said on February 14, 2013 at 10:34 p.m.

@zUkUu

Would you by chance be able to figure out how much frame advantage can be added to Hwoarang's moves if he flamingo crouch cancels?

Cheers

zUkUu said on February 14, 2013 at 10:43 p.m.

As a matter of fact, I already did that by request:

Move | Command | Hit / Block
Tsunami Kick > Flamingo: Command f+MK > f| +5/+3
Reverse Kick > Flamingo: Command MP > MP > f|+8/+2
Middle Kick Combo (2) > Flamingo: Command MK > MK > f|+6/+2
Middle Kick Combo > Flamingo: Command MK > MK > MK > f| +4/0
High Kick Combo > Flamingo: Command MK > MK > HK > f | +3/0
Low & High Kick Combo > Flamingo: Command MK > MK > d+LK > HK > f| +3/0
Low & High Smash Kick Combo > Flamingo: Command LK > MK > f| +8/2
Quick Kick Combo > Flamingo: Command MP > MP > f| float/+1
Flamingo Kick Combo > Flamingo: Command LK > MK > f| +2/+1
Fire Storm > Flamingo: Command MK > LK > f| +6/+4

So someone remembers :p

@All
Check the SRK link to see which characters are already proof tested and what is different to the guide. Not all have their moves checked so far. The priority are DLC characters - I'll do that afterwards for every one. In general, many EX Moves are 1F faster then written in the guide, and many Super/Cross Arts are 1F slower. Normals seem to be correct in there so far.
Lars has been just finished. Sakura will be next (probably ready in 1-2 days).

BeezleBass said on February 14, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.

And the same with steve's flicker cancels would be cool

RealPrismsword said on February 14, 2013 at 10:56 p.m.

@15 For sure man :P One of my favorite dest locks; I wanted to friend/message you on EH at one point to talk about Wow and FGs but I imagined that would be too creepy. :P

StunningBiceps said on February 14, 2013 at 11:02 p.m.

@zUkUu

Ummm, you are amazing. Seriously you are a really nice person. Thank you so much!

Now, if I can tack on another request, it would be dash frame data. This would be for the sake of figuring out 'Special Move Dash Canceling' advantage/disadvantage. I'm really curious to see if some dash cancels could create new combo opportunities.
For example, Hwoarang's 'Reverse Kick' MP > MP Start:6 Active:4 Recover:20 Hit:-1 Block:-7

Astro_Notch said on February 14, 2013 at 11:03 p.m.

Great job zUkUu, how did you guys find frame this frame data? I'd like to help out any way possible.

zUkUu said on February 14, 2013 at 11:04 p.m.

Nah, all cool. I used to write with hundreds of people back in the day. Not exclusively talking about WoW, but all sorts of stuff. Some of it was just "fan post", but I never considered myself anything special, so I was always down to the earth and friendly.

The most helpful thing would be to collect all sorts of "notes" for the moves. Stuff like "strike invincibility, can be canceled by, throw invulnerable" etc, since I've no clue about almost all of the DLC characters. That's why it's missing from Lars's EX upkicks or EX Upball, they all have most likely invincibility, but I can only guess.

BUYACUSHUN said on February 14, 2013 at 11:18 p.m.

zUkUu your the best man. someone posted a link to it in in PJay's stream and i was using it to get better at understanding frame data and now i can come up with combo possibilities. thanks man.

If i got some notes down for like sakura or any other DLC character whats the best way to get em to you. not gonna be anytime soon its 2:18 AM here.

zUkUu said on February 14, 2013 at 11:33 p.m.

Via one of the links I posted in the first comment (EH or SRK forum). If anyone requests something, that belongs there as well (please with as much additional information as possible, e.g the exact commands or setups). I'll get to it when I've time to do it.

Also, the game itself is rather curious. You can combo stuff you wouldn't be possible to do according to the frame data. We have not been able to track it down yet, but we assume that you can cancel the last frame of a normal (by a special, super or another normal), making it essentially +1F.

E.G: Cody's c.hp is +6 on hit, but can be link-canceled into his c.hk (7F start up), or knife s.mp (7F start up). Street11 posted he just did with Ken c.lp, c.lp xx Srk (c.lp is 4F start up and yields +3F on hit; you can rapidfire cancel it, but then you can't cancel it by a special move, thus again the theory that you can cancel the last frame).

Tectondrio said on February 15, 2013 at 12:53 a.m.

This is excellent work, really it is. Shoutout to zUkUu and street11 for providing this.

*looks into Yoshimitsu's data...*

roknin said on February 15, 2013 at 1:22 a.m.

Said it in the SRK forums, repeating it here. You and street11 are AWESOME for this.

Schwoi said on February 15, 2013 at 2:54 a.m.

incredibly awesome! thank you very much!

MaverickHunterX said on February 15, 2013 at 3:08 a.m.

That's a lot of work! o_o

Rising_Jaguar said on February 15, 2013 at 3:31 a.m.

this frame data is really awesome!!

one thing though! i'm pretty sure vega GAINS a 10% BUFF if he
removes the mask using EX~ i've noticed the damage increase during
my training with vega~ i haven't noticed/experimented with him
LOSING the mask via damage yet, but i'm assuming he probably gets
the 10% health penalty from that~

besides that, thanks for all your effort zukuu!
we all really appreciate it!

cris25 said on February 15, 2013 at 3:41 a.m.

AWESOME! Can I help with anything. I'm no good in counting frames, maybe listing Damage, moveset, block high or Mid, this kind of stuff.

Cyan said on February 15, 2013 at 3:48 a.m.

I have been using this

almost since the game came out.

J said on February 15, 2013 at 3:52 a.m.

Awesome, I've been waiting for this...

NeoGriot said on February 15, 2013 at 4:44 a.m.

Damn, Elena and Lei players have it rough. There are basically zero resources out there, no frame data and very few vids.

cris25 said on February 15, 2013 at 5:44 a.m.

@Catalyst
Eventhubs should create a link to this spreadsheet in the character pages from SFxT.

eyekantspele said on February 15, 2013 at 6:32 a.m.

screw waiting on Capcom to release the frame data lol! Thnx!

danny2times said on February 15, 2013 at 7:05 a.m.

Yo zukuu bad ass man! Thanks for the selfless labor! Very cool indeed!

beck said on February 15, 2013 at 7:25 a.m.

Great work guys.

The one thing I really want to see is the juggle count and juggle potential for each move. If this could be added, would make it even more awesome!

Thanks.

K4UTION said on February 15, 2013 at 7:32 a.m.

Nice

ChumbleB said on February 15, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.

Thank you so much! This is awesome!!

Can't look at it too much right now, but will definitely be studying Alisa data later.

lynx_ID said on February 15, 2013 at 7:38 a.m.

Waiting for sakura and elena ones, really good job, thats love for the game

Sasuga said on February 15, 2013 at 7:42 a.m.

Really great job, Zukuu and Street11. But does all the data in the sheet reflect the 2013 changes?

NumeroGaijin said on February 15, 2013 at 7:54 a.m.

I only just found out about this the other day. I saw a lot of frame data stuff but noticed that Cole was missing. Thank you for doing this and all others involved. All I am waiting for is Cole though. I can help with some of his stuff with getting his list together. I just would like to know some things about him that aren't adding up especially with his new nerfs. I also think he got some more hidden nerfs that may or may not kill his tournament viability.

GakoTheChef said on February 15, 2013 at 8:02 a.m.

ZukUu have my babbies pls

joanlori892 said on February 15, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

zUkUu said on February 15, 2013 at 12:19 p.m.

Unless I messed up updating the changes, it should be. If you find errors please point them out. (recovery can be off for some moves - that will be fixed after the DLC data is done, since recovery is hardly relevant).

The exclusive characters aren't on the agenda since they are tournament banned anyway. I could test some Cole stuff for you if you want tho.

That would take ALOT of additional work (tho, it has been done for Paul and Lei at least - but hasn't been added.) It can be pretty easily found out as well if you just play a bit in the training mode, or look at the combo threads of each character, so the effort might not worth it.

Will look into it.

JoeLewis said on February 15, 2013 at 2:39 p.m.

When's that jack >:)

zUkUu said on February 15, 2013 at 2:44 p.m.

Will probably go in this order:
Sakura (currently working on)
Bryan
Guy
Jack
Elena
Christie

handsofgod said on February 16, 2013 at 5:55 a.m.

This flipping great man thank you and god bless!!!!

Probably not the best place to post this but I think some chars still need a nerf lol
Chun cr.lk - add a frame to start up and reduce her hit box slightly
Jin - that mp stance thing? That needs tweaking no hit box on start up???? Wtf too safe and leads to a lot
Heihachi - mp overhead thing that links into lp this should be punishable on block with a lp follow up
Law - too much safe pressure lol

Im sure there's more lol but I think overall if something is safe and leads to a lot of damage then it should be punishable on block epically if you don't have to use meter, string overheads that lead to big damage should be punishable in most cases baring a few characters that may need it

Oh I think heihachi f.lp f.mp ground bounce thing should be nerfd in the sense of the locked hit box, it sucks you in no matter what I think it should be situational so it has to be more precise or the second hit will wiff

Feedback on my nerfs would be great just to see if I'm on my own with them lol

KGershkoff said on February 18, 2013 at 5:43 p.m.

Hey zUkUu, great job. Now, you said you were working on the DLC characters. Does this mean all the original characters are done? (I know, dumb question, but I just want to be sure.)

zUkUu said on February 20, 2013 at 12:45 a.m.

No. Some are proof checked (start up at least) and some errors fixed (like air tatsu block advantage etc). Other then that, it's a work in progress. I'll check ALL the old characters (at least start up and things that seems off) after the DLC data is done.

Help would be appreciated. If you find anything that seems fishy, please report it via one of the links in the first comment.

chipndip said on March 5, 2013 at 8:12 p.m.

Here's to a good second wind, and hopefully a good show at Evo.

deteknician said on March 5, 2013 at 8:42 p.m.

*slow clap* GJ guys.

Tainoaldo174 said on March 5, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

this is great, really appreciate it

JohnJack said on March 6, 2013 at 3:47 a.m.

I think this is an error: Jin's crouching kicks are listed as high attacks (can be blocked both high and low).

Mousefire said on March 6, 2013 at 5:28 a.m.

@JohnJack

H means you block it both ways, M means it's an overhead, L means it's low. It's pretty stupid, but it's just how it is.

JohnJack said on March 6, 2013 at 5:49 a.m.

I'm not infront of the game right now, but I don't think you can block Jin's sweep (cr.HK) whilst standing.

Rising_Jaguar said on March 6, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.

isn't it
high; block high, vulnerable to low
med; blocks both standing or crouching
low; blow low, vulnerable to overheads?

zUkUu said on March 6, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

It's the "hit level".

H = hits "high" aka can be blocked standing or crouching.
M = hits "middle" aka must be blocked standing.
L = hits "low" aka must be blocked crouching.