DLC characters Kat and Emmet Graves released for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, free for two weeks

Posted by SFilp • February 12, 2013 at 4:44 p.m. PST
Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmet Graves from Starhawk are both available now for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. These characters will be free for the next two weeks, so make sure to download as soon as possible.

Additionally, at 6 p.m. PST, SuperBot's community Manager Daniel "Clockw0rk" Maniago will be once again taking challengers on the PlayStation Network in Free-For-All matches. If you manage to beat him, they will post the match on their YouTube channel.

Below is the character art and after the jump is each of their trailers.

Click images for larger versions

Comments

Nukka said on February 12, 2013 at 12:41 a.m.

Meep

mrambitious said on February 12, 2013 at 12:43 a.m.

And so starts the 40 or so posts of PSAS hate. But forget you guys game is pimpin.

BeatNinja said on February 12, 2013 at 1:17 a.m.

@1 I disagree good sir

RedEther said on February 12, 2013 at 1:21 a.m.

does this count for vita as well?

hazelnut1112 said on February 12, 2013 at 1:36 a.m.

@5 yes it does. Counts for both platforms. So get it while you can.
Pretty neat that you can still download them even if you don't have the game.

Cerevega_Alexandersson said on February 12, 2013 at 2:02 a.m.

Has it been confirmed if these are the only two who will be DLC? I know it's been recently said that Abe was cancelled and Lara could have been in had the release been later, but it would be rather sad if this is it... *sigh*

SMK_King said on February 12, 2013 at 3:16 a.m.

ONLY A FEW MORE HOURS !!!!

Alakazam said on February 12, 2013 at 3:30 a.m.

This is the first update I'm anxiously refreshing the PSN store to check. How do we know what time it'll arrive?

Draga said on February 12, 2013 at 5:46 a.m.

SuperBot said that there are more DLC characters they made before they left that we haven't heard yet

throughsilence said on February 12, 2013 at 5:58 a.m.

Anyone have the steps on how they looked it up on PSN?

Pingu21 said on February 12, 2013 at 6:08 a.m.

Wish I have this game.

Boogityboy said on February 12, 2013 at 6:11 a.m.

RonaldRogan said on February 12, 2013 at 6:13 a.m.

So after today there will be like... 8 playable characters?

Boogityboy said on February 12, 2013 at 6:14 a.m.

Dias4Flac said on February 12, 2013 at 6:19 a.m.

Compared to Graves Kat seems godtier

StriderHiryu said on February 12, 2013 at 6:49 a.m.

I really hope I don't have to wait till tonight for Kat...

Boogityboy said on February 12, 2013 at 7:55 a.m.

KingKong said on February 12, 2013 at 7:57 a.m.

Just like most of the existing roster, no one except hardcore geeks know who the hell are these characters. They're not really iconic Playstation characters. In fact, a Sony Smash Bros was a bad idea from the get-go.

mrambitious said on February 12, 2013 at 8:17 a.m.

doesnt even say if its stock or ranked how are we to find clockwork?

jelaninoel said on February 12, 2013 at 8:52 a.m.

#19 if you owned a PSX, PS2, and PS3 then ull know all the char. The only truly obscure char is kat cuz no1 owns a Vita

TrueGamingGuru said on February 12, 2013 at 9:33 a.m.

For thoes wondering about the PSN Store for the characters, you would have to wait somewhere at night, I mostly check the PSN Store at 7pm (central time).

@19 The roster in general with Playstation Allstars are icons, because they're Playstation exclusive. But the people that are hoping they claims they are Playstation icons are not from the Playstation brand.

Like Cloud is part of Final Fantasy, like Final Fantasy is another example that is not a Playstation game the reason that Final Fantasy 7 is part of Playstation is because they had to move from the 2D graphics to 3D graphics otherwise Final Fantasy is dead. The Nintendo 64 didn't have the power to support an RPG game, and the Square move the game from N64 to PS1. When it comes to Tomb Raider its a multiplatform game along with Gex, Rayman etc.

RonaldRogan said on February 12, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

@19. KingKong is right. Pretending like everyone who had/has a PS knows these characters is total BS. I played the hell outta my PS2 and I know about 30% of the roster.

Game is so weak. It's fun until you start to reminisce on smash bros... so you just put in smash bros.

Jester37 said on February 12, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

@19 I Played the Gamecube all my life and I still knew 70% of the roster, do some research bro

Pink said on February 12, 2013 at 10:03 a.m.

I'm still unsure if I should purchase the game, but will definitely add these to my download purchase list in case I ever do make up my mind to purchase it, knowing they will only be free for two weeks.

HooliganComboFTW said on February 12, 2013 at 10:15 a.m.

There is gonna be an influx of Kat players

Guybrush20X6 said on February 12, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.

@Pink I think you can download them now while they're free and get he game later if you choose. I may have been misinformed so take that with a grain of salt.

jtir123 said on February 12, 2013 at 10:34 a.m.

@27 This is the case.

Venom_Web said on February 12, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

i'm downloading the update now and apparently once it's finished it wants you to go to the store to download the characters but they aren't there. anyone face a similar problem?

yoshisixtyfour said on February 12, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

@29 you have to wait for psn store to update. Also im salty that my games arrives tomorrow.

Crondizzle said on February 12, 2013 at 11:32 a.m.

Cinderkin said on February 12, 2013 at 11:45 a.m.

I bought this game and I don't enjoy it at all. The Roster is really lame with their being maybe 3 fun characters to play. The premise is really stupid and there are like 3 all star characters.

Should have just called it Playstion Battle Royale. I'll try the new cast, but not super excited here.

Snake_Eyes said on February 12, 2013 at 12:08 p.m.

i've already given up on this game simply because in the long run its not that fun and gets boring fast, but ill DL these characters just to try them out and then will probably shelf the game again

Joseph said on February 12, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.

Well I didn't know many of the cast of Smash Bros and that didn't effect my enjoyment of the game. Before that series I never heard of Ness, Game & Watch, Rob, Ike, Marth, Iceclimbers, or Pit...

cadnexus said on February 12, 2013 at 1:53 p.m.

Smashbros is the only game that I see Nintendo can offer me, however, I like Playstation Allstars better. It's a fun game and I'm happy they made it. Too bad not enough people giving this game a chance, but there's going to be a lot that wish they did... I'm not hardcore with this game and I know 85% of the roster. Very good game, for those who are wondering if they should buy it or not, I'd say buy it not really a hard choice if you are a Playstation Fan..

cadnexus said on February 12, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.

Just notice a bonus, the Boss level is unlocked with the new update unless I'm late on this.

Dedemaru said on February 12, 2013 at 2:02 p.m.

Glad to see this game getting support. To all the haters who came in this post to hate - get a life.

DestinyZX1 said on February 12, 2013 at 2:06 p.m.

Still waiting for PSN to update. I want to do playthroughs of them and boom, I'm done.

SMK_King said on February 12, 2013 at 2:36 p.m.

I want to play Emmet Graves! why do I have to wait more?

sheabutta87 said on February 12, 2013 at 3:36 p.m.

i just downloaded the dlc now!

Holtrain said on February 12, 2013 at 3:41 p.m.

@#40 Are you trolling? I still don't have it.

xanderglz said on February 12, 2013 at 3:50 p.m.

sheabutta87 said on February 12, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.

@41 not trolling im playing with kat right now

FoxHound24 said on February 12, 2013 at 4:46 p.m.

Hope this game keeps getting love. I also hope that love involves the request of the fans, you know something that isn't third party and a parenthesis... I stopped playing it like 1 month ago cause it started to get boring, and it started to look crappy cause the game was or is sometimes broken. Seems like now is a good time to revive the hype and blind love I once felt.

Galletano said on February 12, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

I'm liking Emmett a bit more. He is fun.

Mahou86 said on February 12, 2013 at 7:56 p.m.

I bought the game for Kat, I stayed because Nariko is so badass...

jtir123 said on February 12, 2013 at 9:15 p.m.

Not gonna lie...these characters are fun.

throughsilence said on February 12, 2013 at 9:19 p.m.

Okay so all I did was went on PSN, went to the store, searched for Kat, scrolled down, found it and downloaded. Do the same for "Emmett" and repeat :)

Venom_Web said on February 12, 2013 at 10:19 p.m.

kat's pretty sweet, but emmett seems pretty one dimensional and boring :/ i could be wrong though! he just seems very shoot gun, shoot gun, jump, shoot gun, shoot gun. no combos, i love me some combos

DestinyZX1 said on February 12, 2013 at 10:27 p.m.

He ain't as better as Colonel Radec. I'll take him over Emmett. Kat is simply awesome though I feel she's broken.

MarthFE said on February 13, 2013 at 3:06 a.m.

Game woulda been a hell of a lot better if you didn't only kill with supers.... Seriously? Makes fighting feel pointless. Imagine if In smash you could only kill with the final smash, or in mvc3 a hyper w/e

Since the stages are WAY too big, especially when it comes down to just 2 people playing. It pretty much turns into "they have a meter, run away until they waste it and don't hit me, then I'll Do the same since my meter is almost full"
Just kinda kills the hype for me. If they addressed that I'd probably really really enjoy the game. But until then I don't feel like playing playstation hide, seek, and tag.

theWARUNIT said on February 13, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.

"It makes fighting pointless."?? But it's the main way of building your meter so you could do your lethal supers.

MarthFE said on February 13, 2013 at 4:35 p.m.

You don't feel a sense of accomplishment if you do something cool. I didn't say fighting is pointless, it makes it FEEL pointless... It's possible to gain something and have it feel like nothing. And then once again. Gain the meter for a super (most of which are very similar, all lvl 1s are almost the same, etc, just different animation) there are some pretty unique ones though, but still once you get meter the game turns into pansy off tag. Drags on way too long with only 2 people or on stocks.

BlazinKoolBreez said on February 15, 2013 at 6:10 a.m.

I bought the game, gave it a chance, it got dull after a while(about a week n change), not THAT exciting...I would probably end up only playin this on my Vita bcuz I hav better stuff I can do wit my PS3...I may get the dlc tho, jus 2 see how the characters play

I felt the same way, then an awkward depression hits, then long for the day wen I can play Smash Bros again wit people

BlazinKoolBreez said on February 15, 2013 at 6:11 a.m.

#54 LOL Ikr