My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic receives cease and desist from Hasbro

Posted by Nate 'Nyoro' Young • February 9, 2013 at 6:47 a.m. PST
My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic receives cease and desist from Hasbro In a move that was anticipated yet still came as a surprise, developers of Fighting is Magic received a C&D from Hasbro, the owners of the My Little Pony franchise. This cease and desist effectively halts all work on the fighting game that was to have a booth at the indie showcase at EVO 2013.

You can read the full statement from the developers below. Though there are other avenues the developers can take with other original fighting game titles, it appears that losing access to the MLP characters may have put an end to their efforts forever.

Hello, everyone.

We have what for most will be bad news, for us are terrible news, and for a selected few might actually be good news.

We have received a C&D letter from Hasbro's Legal representatives, asking us to cease game development, remove any materials that might contain My Little Pony characters, names, locations or related elements from the sites we control (Our site, our youtube, our twitch), and "cease any further use of [their] MY LITTLE PONY property".

Options have been considered, lawyers have been contacted, and resources have been (mostly) exhausted.

We have attempted negotiating with Hasbro for the continued use of the property in our non-profit, voluntary project, but so far we haven't received an answer. As such, we're complying with the contents of the C&D letter until we receive answer from their PR and/or Legal departments.

We also want to inform the general public of the final and irrevocable resignation of James Workman (Elosande) from the Mane6 DevTeam, effective February 6, 2013, as well as reminding of the final and irrevocable resignation of Prominence, effective January 30, 2012. The Mane6 DevTeam no longer represents their interest, nor do they represent ours.

We'll keep everyone posted as the situation evolves, but be aware we might not be able to respond to comments and questions due to the delicate nature of the situation.
Thanks for following our project so far.

Submitted by two anonymous contributors and BUYACUSHUN.

Comments

EternalDragon said on February 9, 2013 at 6:57 a.m.

Good

lordrockman said on February 9, 2013 at 6:59 a.m.

Very Cool!!

BowserKoopa said on February 9, 2013 at 7:01 a.m.
Virtua_Kazama said on February 9, 2013 at 7:02 a.m.

As awesome as having a MLP fighting game at EVO sounds, it would have been awkward if you think about it.

47drift said on February 9, 2013 at 7:02 a.m.

Celebration is in order.

Riot said on February 9, 2013 at 7:04 a.m.

Thank God.

Sweecide said on February 9, 2013 at 7:06 a.m.

People are celebrating this? You're guys are pretty heartless. I don't like MLP and I don't understand why anyone ever would, but these guys have obviously been putting a lot of work and dedication into their game and it's a shame for any independent project like this to be shut down after so much progress.

illness690 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:07 a.m.

theshredder39 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:09 a.m.

Wow you guys have no sort of respect. maybe people were actually looking forward to this, also for the record, if you didn't like the idea just ignore the game, no one's forcing you to get it and I highly doubt EVO would've accepted it anyway and even if it did then just don't watch videos of it lol simple as that

Skaz9000 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:09 a.m.

I'm no My Little Pony fan in the slightest, but I think it's a terrible idea to take action against a non-profit fan game, which can only help advertise the series to a broader audience, and especially sad to take action on one whose presence has been able to raise money for charity with that recent EVO poll.

By contrast, Capcom not only accepts non-profit fan projects going on, but even outright endorses them at times, such as the recent Street Fighter x Mega Man game.

wonzan said on February 9, 2013 at 7:10 a.m.

good, some counselling is in need for the devs too. What an absolute waste of time.

BunnyBoy said on February 9, 2013 at 7:13 a.m.

I do feel sympathy for these guys. It's too bad that all of their hard work and effort has to go down the drain like that. This looked like a nice game, too; the graphics and animation were quite excellent. But, they did know the gamble that they were taking when they started on it.

wollowizard808 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:13 a.m.

bunch of haters.

soggytoast said on February 9, 2013 at 7:14 a.m.

I haven't been following this project closely, but I always assumed that they had some kind of licencing deal, or written agreement, or SOMETHING.

I mean, you can't just steal IP like this, especially in this day and age.

100thMonkey said on February 9, 2013 at 7:14 a.m.

@7 I agree, couldn't give a damn about MLP and this game but sad news for the devs

theshredder39 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:16 a.m.

Let the comment section of this post be a testimate to how bad the fighting game community can be, it's almost worse than the Sonic fanbase.

Virtua_Kazama said on February 9, 2013 at 7:18 a.m.

@theshredder39

I'm all for trying new things, and MLP Fighting is Magic would have been hype. Hell, I would love to see the Pokemon Fighting Game appear at EVO if possible. But there's something about MLP Fighting is Magic that doesn't sound right... I'm not sure what it is...

EDIT: I never said I hate the game.

illness690 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.

lovelessLP said on February 9, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.

I am really glad about this, a. they knew full well they were violating copyright anyway. b. I won't have to see or hear about it again, especially ruining my day on an EVO side stream or something. c. Bronies are scum and some of them are crying literal tears due to this.

Miniabel said on February 9, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.

That remind me the Chrono Trigger project killed by square.

It was a no profit game too...all that work for nothing.
Big compagny are afraid of indie dev...

Guybrush20X6 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:20 a.m.

I hope the devs have luck in their future endeavours. I run a gaming webcomic and I know I'd be wrecked if any company send me a C&D.

I can't understand how franchises can hurt their fans like this. SQENIX seems determined to kill the Chrono fanbase's attempts at fan sequels.

Deth_Garcia said on February 9, 2013 at 7:20 a.m.

Good thing this game will not be at EVO

lovelessLP said on February 9, 2013 at 7:21 a.m.

Go play a Type Moon or ArcSys game if you really wanted to play this, and also if you aren't a pedophile.

Existent said on February 9, 2013 at 7:23 a.m.

It's unfortunate for them, but what Hasbro did is understandable.

Zekira said on February 9, 2013 at 7:24 a.m.

lol I was already expecting the comments section to be filled with jerks back when this article didn't have any comments.

Haters gonna hate and w/e; let me just remind everyone here that there's currently a negative lingering image of the FGC to the rest of the gaming world. And you guys are proving it by posting these rejoice comments.

BUYACUSHUN said on February 9, 2013 at 7:26 a.m.

That sucks. Knew this would happen though, same thing happened to streets of rage remake. I don't fully understand it but companies hate fan made creations of praise. I was actually thinking about taking a look at the show only because i saw some of the ponies abilities through gameplay.

It seems the only fan created content companies don't care for is fan art and i'm pretty sure some people get commissions for their work too.

BestAlgorithm said on February 9, 2013 at 7:26 a.m.

You guys remind me of the anti-gay marriage people

Onofre said on February 9, 2013 at 7:27 a.m.

I think it's pretty inconsiderate to shut it down right before they were about to finish. But I can still understand why they would have to C&D them.

On top of having to protect IP, this game was set to be the best My Little Pony game in the market. That means little girls, the legit Hasbro demographic, would want to play a pony video game and they may get a video game that encourages violence. If their parents complained, then this would make a giant mess for everyone involved.

Miniabel said on February 9, 2013 at 7:27 a.m.

People must stop hating for nothing...remember, EVO is not e-sports only but it's a celebration for games too.

Zekira said on February 9, 2013 at 7:28 a.m.

@#28: I actually agree with that post except the 'market' part; unless I'm mistaking my definitions, using 'market' implies that money is revolving around, which it isn't. lol.

JohnBlack said on February 9, 2013 at 7:29 a.m.

Sucks that all their had work went to waste. And it's a shame that people are so happy about the cancellation of a game they'd probably end up ignoring anyway.

theshredder39 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.

@Virtua_Kazama

I have no interest in the MLP series but I would be willing to defend this for people who wanted it to happen as well as the devs but in a way I agree with you, not so much that it'd be weird but more that it'd kind of make EVO look bad because ya know imagine a lot of the people who've never heard of this game go to EVO and the first thing they see is a MLP booth.

And I doubt this game was headed for the competitive scene anyway so I doubt it would've even had a chance.

gtfopanda said on February 9, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

Not interested in ponies and I think we all saw this coming, but really, why are people free to insult the project now? is that because we lack moderation on EH?

There's people who legitimately enjoy the show and are also fan of the genre. Also, guys poured hours of work in a non profit game.

If you don't like the concept stop acting like a total jerk and move along, you surely won't be missed.

EMPEROR_COW said on February 9, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

despite it not being very popular among the narrow minded. it must be awful to have to shut down the project after all the hard work that was put into it to make it a solid fighter..

its sad really

Zekira said on February 9, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.

@#32: you'd be surprised at how well thought the game mechanics actually are, actually. Mane6 also admitted to refining the game's mechanics just so it would be fit for a bit more on the competitive side.

They were just aiming to build a great game ever since they noticed the popularity; they actually cared less that they were doing it for the sake of MLP after a while; they shifted their goal to have a great fighting game, and the usage of the MLP characters, previously the catalyst, was then going to be the icing on the cake.

...dammit it still saddens me how I use so much of the past tense in these paragraphs :/

i208khonsu said on February 9, 2013 at 7:33 a.m.

I hope the source code gets leaked and is picked up anonymously by another group of bronies.

BunnyBoy said on February 9, 2013 at 7:34 a.m.

@24 I wouldn't say that it's "understandable", but it was within Hasbro's right to do it.

@25 Be happy that we're not all jerks here, then. =)

downthesun01 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:34 a.m.

Unsurprising. Even if the game is nonprofit, if it doesn't fall in line with what Hasbro wants the MLP represents there's no way they'd allow this to happen. I haven't been following this game closely. Is there a reason they used MLP instead of buying/licensing/creating artwork?

Zekira said on February 9, 2013 at 7:35 a.m.

@#37: yeah I'm thankful that there are people that actually understands.

I'm new to the fandom (...and got in it via Fighting is Magic, actually!) yet I'm already learning the ways of love and tolerate hahaha. Trolls gonna troll.

SHAZAMforInjustice said on February 9, 2013 at 7:36 a.m.

Worst birthday ever....
Still I cant believe Mane6 didnt see this one coming since Hasbro has been shutting down non-profit fanmade content left and right for MLP.
Still for those interested it seems Lauren Faust(creator ofMLP) has voluntered to design original characters for Mane6!

FathomFear said on February 9, 2013 at 7:37 a.m.

@34 -- I would feel sympathy only if they proactively reached out to the IP owners (Hasbro) BEFORE starting the project and were given a green light. If they put all this time and effort without clearing it with them first, they were asking for trouble. This is IP 101.

Jookey said on February 9, 2013 at 7:37 a.m.
theshredder39 said on February 9, 2013 at 7:46 a.m.

@Zekira

Yeah I'm not doubting whether or not the game would be any sort of fun, a game can be fun but not be competitive just look at some of the Dragon Ball Z and Naruto games, Budikai Tenkaichi 3 is unbalanced beyond belief but I as well as others still have a good time with it, just I think they were focusing more on making the game fun to play rather then for the competitive scene. which is perfectly fine

BunnyBoy said on February 9, 2013 at 7:46 a.m.

@Zekira

There are a lot of terrible people in any competitive gaming scene, unfortunately. The games tend to attract over-aggressive personalities just by their competitive natures, so you'll often have to deal with them if you happen to enjoy these games. ^^;;;

Syrous_Starr said on February 9, 2013 at 7:47 a.m.

What? This wasn't licensed?
When will devs learn. If it's not licensed don't release ANYTHING till it's done. There's nothing they can do once it reaches the wild.
Stupid, stupid stupid stupid.

Teohkaka said on February 9, 2013 at 7:49 a.m.

The magic is over. I used to call this one of the the most amazing and ambitious fan projects I have seen on the internet , I knew it was too good to be true and the suits/big wigs pull the plug.

Well I suppose it kind of makes sense in a way, if they don't want the show to be associated with violence if it will damage the image of the franchise, or they just be greedy and want a cut of the pie ( With this being non-profit there is none though ).

What a waste of time, effort , work and hype. I did say I wanted to see this at Evo ( even in a half joking manner at first before test plays at the event )

I personally think you shot yourself in the foot hasbro, this coulda brought in a new wave of fans from an untapped market/demographic.

Funny thing is it probably could have been good /better than half the recent fighting game titles of this generation if given a chance.

TrishThreesome said on February 9, 2013 at 7:50 a.m.

@bestalgorithm

"Why are so many people happy about this? It doesn't effect your life in the least... So why are you happy?"

it's affect not effect you dumb brony

skyrimer said on February 9, 2013 at 7:50 a.m.

It was to be expected, I'm sorry for them, but you can't simply take someone else's brand, do what you want with it and expect that it will work.

Hopefully Skullgirls could make it instead of MLP, or DOA5.

I was actually 10x more interested in my my little pony than Melee, and I didn't care much for MLP, if at all.

Kenshiro said on February 9, 2013 at 7:51 a.m.

You can't even be bothered to get permission for the game in the first place?

Sorry I don't feel the least bit of sympathy at all. It doesn't matter if the devs aren't caking off of the game, you can't do that crap and expect it to fly. I knew it was too good to be true because these guys didn't want to do the legal work.

Geez I think that I'll ignore all the legalities and do whatever the hell I want without consulting the creators. Yeah dat's the ticket!!

Zekira said on February 9, 2013 at 7:51 a.m.

@#44: tbh I actually am kinda feeling that a lot recently. With UMvC3 in particular. :/
Actually I feel this to some degree in my main video game (Japanese rhythm games), but I must admit that the degree of it here in FGs are... seriously worse :|

Kenshiro said on February 9, 2013 at 7:54 a.m.

@#16

You sound like an idealistic fool. You didn't realize how fickle the FGC was until a game you were creaming over got denied by legal recourse. Your crying is hilarious...misguided, yet hilarious.

shadowassault said on February 9, 2013 at 7:57 a.m.

Looking at this comment section and glad to see people with common sense and logic. Mad hate on something so not important. Not knocking this though, I enjoy the show, and this game is fantastic. Playing it now but man this is a let down. And not even continuing on the topic of my lack of playing a newer version, I feel sorry for the guys who put a year and some on this just to fall under. Also no this didn't violate any copyright at all.

danny2times said on February 9, 2013 at 8:07 a.m.

Ok so you're either a bunch of young girls or pedafiles. How many of you guys and I mean guys not girls seriously watch a cartoon about ponies?! And what? It's good? My 3 yr old and 5 yr old daughters watch this garbage. If you really think this is a good thing and are a. Male over the age 9 you're sick in the head that's FACT.

Bronies? Yeah? No. So gross.

Sorry these um people had their dream shut down but it's because even god has limits to what stupidity he'll allow.

kanped said on February 9, 2013 at 8:09 a.m.

So... you still have a working fighting game engine? Sad to lose your animations etc. but really, what's the issue with reskinning it?

gunosaguki said on February 9, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.

anyone saying "good" makes me ashamed i'm in the same community as you. I sure do love watching people work hard and then get kick in the nuts at the last moment. there is no way that hasbro didn't know the game was in development so they really did just wait till they were done to send the C&D

47drift said on February 9, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.

This comment section is a train-wreck. I still say that this is good though and I'm happy about it. Sure, lots of time and effort went into something that will now never see the light of day, but just imagine the controversy it would have caused. Imagine the reaction to a parade of bronies marching into EVO not even knowing what EVO is just because they know something My Little Pony related is happening there. Despite my outright dislike for it and my inability to see any sort of rationale for the male viewership, I'm friends with several people into the show, and they're some of the best people I know. But the destructive part of that fanbase is the extremists, and you can bet they'd show up to something that gets as much coverage as EVO does.

So again, I say thank goodness.

badjab326 said on February 9, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

That's what the hell you get for making a fighting game based on some little kid BS (regardless of existing parodies) without contacting the original creators before you start. And on top of that they actually advertised the crap!

Hell the Bombergames team contacted Sega before starting any work on Streets of Rage Remake and they STILL took it down. Thank god it was after the release of a near final version.

HiryuMK said on February 9, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

So these idiots tried to make a product without the permission of the owner? I say they deserved it, anyone with common sense should know there will be copyright/license infringement.

They should take this as a lesson for the future.

BestAlgorithm said on February 9, 2013 at 8:16 a.m.

@Trish

I'm not a brony and that was an auto-correct

shadowassault said on February 9, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

I would say whether it makes it to EVO or not doesn't matter to me, I didn't even expect it to make it there anyway, I am just disappointed on how much time this game took to be made just to get crushed, its like making a fan movie of a game/show/etc just to get told by the company who made the original item "You cannot use our characters for your non profit fan based item and if you continue making your fan based item you will be sue money for this non profit item" Its like saying don't draw this or that.

Also the judgement of a person based solely off 1 show that they watch is a bit pathetic and reminds of the mess that the media produces saying video games causes people to kill and etc. How can you come to the conclusion that this kids show makes people into sexual predators of the younger variety.

People think what you will, everyone has the right to their own opinion it is just disappointing to hear that these people are happy that a person made a fighting game from scratch and celebrate that they have come down to some negative state. You would think that the people of the fighting game community would be open to the idea of people who enjoy the games so much to make their own and did a hell of a job for it. But it is what eves I suppose do ya thing, I will give MANE6 a moment of silence and continue playing their game when I can but life moves on and we will keep playing what we will.

Just sharing thoughts waiting to see what people will say...or if they will even read this.

Kawalorn said on February 9, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

I feel sorry for your daughters, having a father acting like a little kid on the internet.

nepenthes said on February 9, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

ITT: Trolls, trolls and more trolls.

markp said on February 9, 2013 at 8:23 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHA
take that neckbeards

Aluppoj said on February 9, 2013 at 8:30 a.m.

I would have loved to buy this game for my daughter. She loves MLP!

But you can't steal an IP. I don't blame Hasbro in the least.

But I still stinks for the devs and the people who wanted this.

BurningVigor said on February 9, 2013 at 8:32 a.m.

Glad this trash wasn't released.

AugustAPC said on February 9, 2013 at 8:33 a.m.

I can't believe people are saying this is a good thing. It's obvious anyone happy about this has never spent any time making games or hasn't the slightest clue the effort it takes.

Ignorant f*cks, the lot of you. I don't care for MLP, nor have I watched it... but I appreciate the hard work and creativity that goes into the development of a fighting game.

shekeib said on February 9, 2013 at 8:33 a.m.

They should switch the sprites and just call it horse fighter 4, that way they at least have something to show for all their hard work.

bahamutknightzero said on February 9, 2013 at 8:37 a.m.

ITT: Brony Damage Control and Trolls

@56 You have hit the nail on the head. EVO has dodged a bullet with whatever kind of chaos would've been created by having "Bronies" invade EVO.

Joke Post: Now if only they can do the same with the Smash fanbase (at least the extremists)

deteknician said on February 9, 2013 at 8:37 a.m.

Finish what you were doing. F Hasbro.

shinpichu said on February 9, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

Wow, this sucks. I'm no MLP fan, but this is really a dick move Hasbro.

Pat1711 said on February 9, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

This is horrible... yet hope is not lost. They may reach an agreement with Hasbro to use their characters. It's not over till the fat lady... well you know.

Cammystrike said on February 9, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

Some of you people are just terrible human-beings. It doesn't matter if you're not a fan of MLP, the hate isn't necessary. What matters is these guys put nearly two years of their own time, money, and heart into this project and you think they deserve what happened because you don't like the source material?

The FGC is so full of scumbags it's ridiculous. I hate this, I hate that, hate is all this community knows. People wanted this to fail, people wanted SFXT to fail, and they wanted Skullgirls to fail. Why would you want anything involving our community to fail? It's okay not to like something but to cheer on its demise is just stupid.

Well I digress mane6 should have kept this game behind closed doors until it was ready. Hasbro has been known to send out these C&D orders and it was only a matter of time, especially with how much attention the game was getting. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be, but I'm still sad about all this.

illness690 said on February 9, 2013 at 8:41 a.m.

MetroCityPub said on February 9, 2013 at 8:43 a.m.

It's a sad day when people rejoice on a fan project with so much work put into it being shot down. Regardless of it being related to MLP, people here are ignorant of how much work is put into an indie game.

You guys are garbage.

stormblazer said on February 9, 2013 at 8:45 a.m.

This is tragic news, all that work down the drain.

Mojo said on February 9, 2013 at 8:48 a.m.

I have to agree with HiryuMK here, who the hell though it was a good idea to develop a game based on a property you have no rights to. This is the type of nonsense that pisses me of. I hate to see people put time into making fan films and fan games based on other peoples properties when they could have put all that work into making something new.

SilentBob said on February 9, 2013 at 8:48 a.m.

That's easy to say. Do you even know how long it takes to make sprites? I know nothing about MLP, but I'm pretty sure they can't just change the look of the sprites because some of the moves look too much like the show. This would mean them having to redesign everything, change some of the attacks, changing the hitboxes and rebalancing the whole game.

That being said, I can understand where Hasbro is coming from at some point, but what I despise is when companies do this when development is near over. I remember hearing about this project years ago, why couldn't have they taken action back then when the project was in early stages? I also remember some people back in like 2004 making a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger, they had received a C&D a month before they were supposed to release it.

Though they could make a personal project out of it since they don't need their permission as long as they don't talk more about it online or release it. It will still make a nice thing to add to their portfolio for future jobs.

DJScrubble said on February 9, 2013 at 8:48 a.m.

Hasbro is full of jerks. Bring back Hudson!

Ranshi said on February 9, 2013 at 8:52 a.m.

This sucks, I saw the game at EVO 2012, I was hoping to be able to play it this year.

This C&D just makes no sense, it's not like it does any harm to the property, and i doubt Hasbro is making a MLP fighting game

gunosaguki said on February 9, 2013 at 8:53 a.m.

legally hasbro has no grounds here under fair use. This is truely an empty threat because they know they have the money and the non-profit group doesn't.

SeMi_AuTo said on February 9, 2013 at 8:57 a.m.

I always wondered did they have the right to use the My Little Pony licence. I guess I got my answer.....

riku45 said on February 9, 2013 at 9 a.m.

lol yet they allow mass amounts of MLP hentai to stay around...ergh

TrueGamingGuru said on February 9, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

Everything about the certain people of the FGC is completely wrong.

These people are nothing but the arrogant scum, narrowminded, and childish beings that even exists.

Even if I'm not interest in MLP fan game, I belive every fighter game needs to be welcome and treated with equal rights, and not be treated like trash what unpure people intend to do.

Westerns are nothing but an unbalancement to human judgement (not everyone), they have NO HONOR like the countries from Japan China & Korea. Freedom needs to be a privilege, almost everyone doesn't desver it.

If I had control over the FGC, I would make it alot better and the haters would disappear FOREVER. I will make sure that any fighter game gets welcome, I would give people true education of how the world is.

heybarnold said on February 9, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.

You guys do realize that if My little pony made it at evo, the general public would have grouped us with Bronies and the already negative image of the fgc would be completely destroyed. Think about what would have happen if this game was completed. MLP at big two, MLP at wednesday night fights, MLP at the runback. The fgc would be ruined. The sponsors that the community worked so hard to get would all back out because of the negative image of bronies associated with their products. Everyone would transition to esports game and fighting games would be left soley with bronies. This was for the best, and while it sucks that the devs spent so much time, this is a good thing for the fgc. REJOICE

kdavis851 said on February 9, 2013 at 9:07 a.m.

Harmless or no, you can't just use someone's intellectual property without their permission. It amazes me how little people seem to care about intellectual property rights.

gunosaguki said on February 9, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

There is nothing forcing the game into the FGC. the Evo thing was EVO staff itself putting it there.

And i hate to be the bearer of bad news but more people spending money on your stuff is not "a negative image"

Dravidian said on February 9, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.

While I'm not a fan of the Ponies, I had nothing against this project. I hate to see indie projects getting pissed on like this.

BestAlgorithm said on February 9, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.

@kdavis

That's probably because IP is one of the worst ideas humans have come up with

kdavis851 said on February 9, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.

I honestly don't see how. Why shouldn't people be able to own their ideas?

TrueGamingGuru said on February 9, 2013 at 9:14 a.m.

@84 SO BOLD, BUT POINTLESS

We already have a negative image in the FGC, that is people being an arrogant, narrowminded, cry baby with no heart what so ever.

Heck the only way the negative image of the FGC would disappear, is part going against freedom even starting to live like how it would be in Japan China & Korea. Because the haters and arrogant people need to disappear forever.

cikame said on February 9, 2013 at 9:15 a.m.

Many trolls here, i think the reason Hasbro brings up the issue now is because of the charity drive for EVO, technically people paid money for MLP without the owners permission.
Even if it was for charity.

It's a shame, the game promoted the MLP franchise in good taste and high quality, even if i don't like show i still wanted to try the game.

BestAlgorithm said on February 9, 2013 at 9:17 a.m.

@kdavis Do what?

Kevin said on February 9, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.

Serves them right.

@illness690: Insecure trolls, you say? You, are the definition of hypocrisy. You practically live on this site; refreshing pages indefinitely trying to troll people and trying to get the last word. I'm sorry loser, but that doesn't work with people that have better things to do than to be lured by you; and view your response. Good luck trying to get the last word on me, because it will never happen. You're just pathetic cowardice troll that luckily has a monitor in front of him, and not a real human being.

heybarnold said on February 9, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

it should be noted that what I typed earlier was not an opinion, it was a fact

Loryuo said on February 9, 2013 at 9:22 a.m.

Thank god.

mrdrofficer said on February 9, 2013 at 9:25 a.m.

You're horrible FGC. You have no sense of tact or humor. You have a competition in you. You hate to see others succeed and you hate most people. The haters here demonstrate that they didn't get the tongue-in-cheek nature of this game. AT. ALL.

And it sucks for you because if you weren't so insecure you could have tried this at EVO2012 and seen how actually amazing the mechanics were and how much work these guys put in to make a fighting game that didn't use the standard human-sized characters.

You are literally humor-less trolls.

Stupid Daniel Plainview-wanna-be-mother-f)#%#!$

EvilRick said on February 9, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

@53 Oh My God, jerk level is over 9000 here, what ha sthe world come to be that people now satanise a cartoon about colorful ponies? I feel sorry for your daughter, really...

danny2times said on February 9, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

@61 sorry guy but you being from Poland and apparently in some small village as you've said before may be why you think this would be good. Bottom line is I really do feel sorry for you. Poland and a pediphile? Damn.

@83 no not every game deserves its time in the spotlight. Battle raper? Strip fighter? Do those? You say westerners are what? Yet with your iron fist you would um banish people not up to you're idealistic standards? Walking contridiction comes to mind.

Guys the fact is when guys like mike z make something from scratch, with their own money and originality than that's something to stand behind. But look at where skull girls is today. That's sad not some people stealing ips and making a flash game from it for their inevitable gain. Where would it have gone? C'mon seriously? Bugs glitches balancing, who's gonna pay for updates? You guys supporting it? Sure and skull girls is the prime example of how much some of you support the idea of an independent groups making stuff. Nuff said.

Batsu said on February 9, 2013 at 9:28 a.m.

Thank God, the internet has made me hate MLP.

EvilRick said on February 9, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.

People on this site is hopeless, nuff said.

The FGC now celebrate when fanbase free for play game is sued, they hate when the eventhubs shows support to indie games and young game developers yet celebrate when companies like Capcom litterally scam them and make them pay full price for unfinished barebones game.

Shame on you guys, shame, shame on you...

Load more comments