Doomsday gameplay footage spotted in Injustice Battle Arena announcement trailer

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • February 5, 2013 at 9:50 a.m. PST
Multiple readers have reported that gameplay footage of Doomsday in Injustice: Gods Among Us can be spotted in the Injustice Battle Arena announcement trailer. At around the 0:42 mark in the video, we can clearly see Doomsday battling it out against the Joker.

Although there hasn't been an official confirmation of Doomsday's inclusion on the Injustice roster, after seeing the quick gameplay footage and having his official art work present on the Battle Edition fight stick, it may be safe to assume that he will be a playable character.

We have captured a few screen shots from the video for you to check out.

Click images for larger versions

Tips sent anonymously.

Comments

Deyrax said on February 5, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

Why is Doomsday so small ? And why does he have a ponytail ?

jtir123 said on February 5, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

One of the posts should probably be updated saying that you also get a free DLC character skin code for every weekly vote.

This week, everyone gets a Green Arrow costume free.

SHAZAMforInjustice said on February 5, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.

Wait we can get WEEKLY costumes?I thought the GA was the only one but if it is weekly then hotdamn!

SHOGUN said on February 5, 2013 at 10:09 a.m.

Ideally Doomsday and Superman should be S Tier.

Mabans said on February 5, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

Then suddenly Doomsday experts appear..

gammabolt17 said on February 5, 2013 at 10:32 a.m.

Ideally EVERY character in the game should be S Tier. DC is full of overpowered characters. The ones that aren't over powered make up for it with with millions of layers of plot armor.

jtir123 said on February 5, 2013 at 10:35 a.m.

Weird that no one had those issues about certain characters' power levels with Hulk and Nova in Marvel. Superman and Doomsday are fine at whatever tier they end up being in.

gammabolt17 said on February 5, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.

^ I'm not gonna even lie...I been crying about Hulk not being strong enough in those games since MSH. Feels bad man. I also cried about Zero being so powerful in Marvel in that same respect.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 5, 2013 at 11:17 a.m.

It's a game people

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 5, 2013 at 11:18 a.m.

I just finish reading injustice the forth issue and you never want to get Superman mad.

Ex_Ein said on February 5, 2013 at 11:19 a.m.

Gammabolt, I know your pain especially after the display of Green Scar during Pak's Incredible Hulk run.

Eye_of_Orochi said on February 5, 2013 at 11:25 a.m.

@ 2

Thanks for the heads up, just got my free 'stume and will be voting weekly now!

Ex_Ein said on February 5, 2013 at 11:25 a.m.

As for doomsday himself, I'm glad he's not some Ripoffhulk(Give Joefixit white spikes out of his skin and you got Doomsday) I mean not as large, hopefully he's smarter too. Liking what I can see of the design. My only fear is he'll be a mix and mash of Grundy and Superman in terms of ability (as he dies but revives stronger like Grundy and is a match for Superman in terms of speed and strenght)

xShonuffx said on February 5, 2013 at 11:51 a.m.

@5 Doomsday experts uses LOGIC...

...It is ineffective.

OhYouDontSayThat said on February 5, 2013 at 11:55 a.m.

doomsday rockin dem BIKER SHORTS!

jtir123 said on February 5, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

@3 I may be wrong. There will be weekly votes, so that's just an assumption. It's quite possible that it's simply just Green Arrow regardless of which week.

JasmineCrams08 said on February 5, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.

EthnicRex said on February 5, 2013 at 12:56 p.m.

@7, 8, 11

Lol, Hulk is ridiculously good in Marvel 3. Way better then he deserves to be. Hulk and Wolverine are the two most braindead characters in that game. Also, the most powerful Marvel characters in the comics, are among the most powerful characters in the game. Case in point, Dormmamu, Strange, Nova, Pheonix, Dr. Doom, Wolverine, Magneto, etc.

mario3d said on February 5, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.

Doomsday is playable, not Goro clone, i'm happy...

gammabolt17 said on February 5, 2013 at 1:13 p.m.

LOL at "ridiculously good" and "way better than he deserves to be". If Hulk was as good as he actually was, he wouldn't be able to get zoned out. He would also be almost as fast as Wolverine, or faster. Hulk anchor with level 3 XFC would be the best character in the game easily. He's not, is he?

And with this "most powerful" list:

Where is Thor in that? Storm? Iron Man? Most of the people you named are almost close to non effective if they don't have assists, anyway. Non-Dark Phoenix will get smashed 9/10, Nova alone is nothing to worry about, Strange ain't either, etc., etc. Outside of Doom and Magneto, any of those other characters are screwed without assists, and none of them should be better than Hulk, if you wanna claim that power levels are accurate. While we're at it, why does Spider Man get owned so easily by almost the whole cast?

Even still, none of that explains why Hulk has NEVER been top tier in any Marvel fighter. I will admit that I only really had problems with this in Marvel 2, though. It's hard to overcome playing with him in that game sometimes.

EthnicRex said on February 5, 2013 at 1:20 p.m.

Wow dude. All I can say is, you're doing it wrong. Like really, really, really wrong.

But if you're on PSN we should play sometime. Let me know.

EthnicRex said on February 5, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.

Guess my original comment didn't edit, because I actually meant to include Spiderman, a character who can parlay some of his simplest combos into team-destroying TODs with a single reset.

If you think Spidey gets steamrolled, then we really should try and play one another.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on February 5, 2013 at 4:46 p.m.

I would hate to see some of you make a balanced roster or lack thereof. Characters are going to have pros and cons in a FIGHTING game. If you respected the source material too much it would be pointless to purchase the game; not to mention, mirror matches are already ridiculous; if we made the characters as powerful as they are in the comics, 98% of the cast would be useless.

FlynnChop said on February 5, 2013 at 8:50 p.m.

@EthnicRex

You may disagree with his individual character assessments, but the point he's trying to make is not "really, really, really wrong". You said that Hulk is "where he needs to be". He is just making the point that if what you were saying is true, Hulk would probably not lose to someone like, say, Morrigan. Or Arthur.

I defy you to find legitimate reasons for all of Hulk's bad matchups. The real answer to this question is to just admit that ranking tiers can't be anticipated, even by the game devs. Tiers change year after year AFTER a game is released. It isn't as if people that make their games have some handy 'Tier-O-Meter' they can use to figure out characters' maximum potential. And even if they did, they'd set all characters to EQUAL.

...Which is what every fighting game developer is /really/ trying to do in the first place.

EthnicRex said on February 5, 2013 at 11:06 p.m.

Actually I said "Hulk is way better than he deserves to be." If you don't think Hulk is extremely good, and therefore very viable in Marvel 3, then you don't really understand the game. Hulk has an absurd amount of options for his damage output. And tools like Gamma Charge and Gamma Crush, when paired with the proper assists, and even solo, can pretty much shut down zoning. At any rate, he is very good in 3 compared to past games, and especially compared to MvC2.

gammabolt17 said on February 6, 2013 at 7:10 a.m.

How do you figure I'm doing it wrong? I told you nothing about how I play Hulk, and I said Spidey gets easily owned because it is extremely easy for him to zip into an ass whoopin because he stays on the offensive. Any Spidey that blocks too much won't last long. As far as Hulk, I do well with him, but Hulk is nowhere near canon Hulk's power levels, that's all I was sayin.

Gamma Charging and Gamma Crushing only saves Hulk in certain instances. A good enough player will know how to avoid that. I almost NEVER lose to Hulks, no matter how good they are, assists or not. That's probably because I play him, though. Almost everything abusable about Hulk can be taken advantage of.

aprilgail214 said on February 6, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.

blazebwoy said on February 6, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

thats not Doomsday
Doomsday is meant to be friggin massive NOT LOOK LIKE SOME BLOODY FAIRY!!!!!!!
FAIL!

Kenshiro said on February 6, 2013 at 12:19 p.m.

Lol Hulk deals massive single strike damage.

Can you two just meet in the middle and say he's moderately useful?

FlynnChop said on February 6, 2013 at 1:34 p.m.

Nobody is trying to make the point that Hulk is useless in UMVC3. The point was that his relationship to the rest of the cast in terms of tier is unrealistic based on his status in comics/other-media.

At this point though... Eh? I think gammabolt's comment about Thor was an even better way to make his point. Also noticed nobody went rabidly defensive about him.

Kenshiro said on February 6, 2013 at 4:40 p.m.

Did I say he was completely useless?

Hulk wouldn't be in this game if he was portrayed exactly like he was in the comics. So it's pointless arguing about it in the first place.