Namco Bandai launches beta version of Tekken Card Tournament, only available for web browsers currently

Posted by SFilp • February 4, 2013 at 1:11 p.m. PST
Namco Bandai Games have just launched the beta version of their Tekken Card Tournament. This is a turn based, card battling game that is cross-platform and free to play.

Unfortunately, as this is the beta version, it is only available for your web-broswer, but it will be available for smartphones and tablets soon.

Using your digital deck of cards, you can battle against your opponents with a 3D model of different Tekken characters such as Kazuya, Paul, Xiaoyu and more. Namco will release a physical card series in the Spring of this year that will allow players to enhance their in game experience.

Click images for larger versions

Deep Gameplay: Customise your deck, use the fusion system to create new cards, and perfect your strategic combinations of Focus, Strike and Block moves to take down opponents.

Cross-Platform Play: Take Tekken with you everywhere you go with seamless cross-platform online play between any connected devices: Browsers, tablets and smartphones.

Amazing Visuals: High quality, liquid smooth 3D graphics faithful to the Tekken universe and faultlessly rendered in the app and in browsers.

Unlimited Action: Train in solo play then challenge matched opponents around the world to climb the global rankings, with extra rewards to win in themed contests and weekly battles.

Collectible Cards: Over 190 real-world collectible Game Cards coming to retailers in spring 2013, featuring Augmented Reality and unique QR code functionality to enhance the in-game experience.

Check out the game over on the official Tekken Card Tournament webpage.

Comments

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 4, 2013 at 1:16 p.m.

@SFslip

I heard rumors of more injustice gameplay today is it true and hope you like the Aquaman comic.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 4, 2013 at 1:19 p.m.

is pretty cool Namco is doing something new with the Taken cast I don't mind trying the demo out.

Duggs26 said on February 4, 2013 at 1:29 p.m.

I suppose it's pretty good, but how the hell do you change character???

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 4, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

@SFslip

cool thanks hope you get to like Blue Beetle too.

victv1 said on February 4, 2013 at 1:42 p.m.

we in there card games is all me

ShinAkiraDesu said on February 4, 2013 at 1:54 p.m.

its not working for me. wont let me sign up with email or facebook

CptMunta said on February 4, 2013 at 1:59 p.m.

@2 "is pretty cool Namco is doing something new with the Taken cast" The Liam Neeson Deck is Op ;D

Boogityboy said on February 4, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.

zUkUu said on February 4, 2013 at 2:19 p.m.

This game blows. It's basically RPS, only less appealing.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 2:20 p.m.

LOVING IT!!! Nina is awesome in here as in everything else, ohohoh...except for that extra strap on her garment. REMOVE IT NOW!!!

BoscaBat said on February 4, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.

Okay, I was not keen on this, but it's actually fun. I just wish some of my faves were in it. I find it funny how they used Tekken 5 models with Tekken 6 stages and TT2 music.

@Duggs26
Go into collections for changing characters.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 2:26 p.m.

#12 Agreed lol. They chose the best part of all three of the games. They also have some Tekken 6 music. Arcade version of Electric Fountain for the win!!!

BoscaBat said on February 4, 2013 at 2:32 p.m.

@SeriphAngel
Lol defs, I haven't heard Electric Fountain in years, just remembering the hype for Tekken 6 now.

I was wrong about the character changing, I guess i'm stuck with Nina.

Murdurus said on February 4, 2013 at 2:33 p.m.

Wait, so Harada claims that there is no PC market but decides to go into the card market? SMH.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 2:37 p.m.

#14 The arcade I went to is one of the only ones to have it. They had the original version also.

You might be able to change the character after obtaining 15 cards of another said character. It is just a theory.

Since I am not planning on playing with anyone else but Nina I am content until Anna my tag partner arrives.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 2:39 p.m.

#15 It is more of an App than anything in my opinion. It is free to play and can be accessed on your phones as well later down the line. I would say this is more of an Indie style game than a game made for obtaining profit.

BoscaBat said on February 4, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.

@SeriphAngel

It's okay if its not the case, only Nina and Paul are the two I wanted to switch between.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 3:04 p.m.

AARRGH But why must the main menu music be the one song I truly could not from TTT2?! Is this some sort of punishment?!

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Go to the deck maker and choose the option "New Deck" it brings up the character selection screen. However it is not recommended until you obtain 15 cards for that said character. They do not give you a deck to play as that character. You must build one.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.

Sorry not main menu music the deck creation music.

SilentBob said on February 4, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

So many Namco games yet no news about TxSF.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 3:33 p.m.

#22 Rumoured to be canceled...Better not be I need Nina and Chun-Li mega awesome graphics!!!

gtfopanda said on February 4, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.

@ #23

Is there any link to these rumors?

badjab326 said on February 4, 2013 at 4:01 p.m.

ok, at first I was gonna pass on this because I hate RPG's and Card games. But this is pretty damn fun and cool. Gonna see if I can get my buddies to play this on their phones and ipods.

Damonta said on February 4, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

I've played and enjoyed plenty of browser games, but this card game is absolute trash. It's basically rock/paper/scissors with a twist. There's no skill involved. It's all pure random factor. The roster is small and even the characters that there is don't actually do the animations for the attacks on the cards. It's awful.

SeriphAngel said on February 4, 2013 at 6:15 p.m.

#26: Guess the word "Beta" means nothing. They are still working things out. Yes it is rock paper scissors but again it is also free...

ZrogiX said on February 4, 2013 at 6:56 p.m.

emma520 said on February 4, 2013 at 11:41 p.m.

I think I will like it, absolute trash.

BumblebeeCody said on February 5, 2013 at 5:46 a.m.

OMG A SHINY ANCIENT ASUKA!

SeriphAngel said on February 5, 2013 at 5:52 a.m.

When the effects starts coming into play...the game actually starts to become more than rock, paper, scissors...Difficulty is starting to pick up and purchasing cards is staring to become more crucial and very necessary.

BumblebeeCody said on February 5, 2013 at 6:51 a.m.

Yeah indeed! I'm getting into this now after an hour of play. But now I'm stuck at 16% after closing the page down.
Also, if you right click and go to release channel, you can change the build.

Boogityboy said on February 5, 2013 at 4:26 p.m.