Posted by SFilp • February 1, 2013 at 9:01 p.m. PST
Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Doomsday, Raven, Ares, Bane, Captain Marvel, Black Adam and Sintestro seen in cutscenes fighting playable characters Earlier this week, we posted the Injustice: Gods Among Us story mode trailer which clearly showed Hawkgirl swooping down into battle. She is now just one of the many characters that have been confirmed for the game, but unfortunately not confirmed as playable. Ed Boon stated awhile back that some characters were in the game for the story and other modes, and so they wouldn't be playable.

IGN recently got their hands on with the game and were shown a variety of characters some of which might or might not be playable including Hawk Girl, Aquaman, Doomsday, Raven, Ares, Bane, Captain Marvel [Shazam], Black Adam and Sinestro.

During the demo we were also shown a variety of characters that may or may not be playable. The list includes Hawk Girl, Aquaman, Doomsday, Raven, Ares, Bane, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Sinestro. They could be seen in various cut scenes fighting already confirmed characters.

Two of those characters have already been confirmed as playable, Bane and Aquaman, so it wouldn't be much of a leap to assume some of the others would also be playable.

Comments

Bboy_Izilla said on February 1, 2013 at 9:07 p.m.

Hawk Girl? Awesome!

MMGboys said on February 1, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

Show some got damn gameplay ed boon and stop playin with my emotions.

Dragard said on February 1, 2013 at 9:09 p.m.

I really hope Raven is a playable character. Nightwing and Raven will be my mains.

srkiller001 said on February 1, 2013 at 9:25 p.m.

man i hope raven makes the cut in the game i also think they should add starfire or black flash

efehs said on February 1, 2013 at 9:40 p.m.

Come on... I'm begging to have Raven here!

icejohn said on February 1, 2013 at 9:47 p.m.

Ed your not fooling me,their all playable.

rudiano said on February 1, 2013 at 9:52 p.m.

Apparently NetherRealm Studios are releasing a new gameplay video on Monday, cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shumanigans said on February 1, 2013 at 10 p.m.

Raven's going to force me to buy this, isn't she?

rockman said on February 1, 2013 at 10:02 p.m.

I must admit every time I see new info for this game I get a bit more interested. I can hardly wait to play it myself.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 1, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.

They are all in the game I bet

HooliganComboFTW said on February 1, 2013 at 10:08 p.m.

On Monday they will show gameplay on a character that has not been revealed yet

theshredder39 said on February 1, 2013 at 10:12 p.m.

I want to see some Aquaman gameplay just out of curiosity but out of the ones that are talked about here, Raven, Sinestro and Doomsday are the ones I'm most hyped for.

NyuBomber said on February 1, 2013 at 10:21 p.m.

If all of those characters were/are playable, the roster would be perfect for me.

ImmortalAbe said on February 1, 2013 at 10:29 p.m.

Yyeeeaaa! Hawkgirl! Practically a confirmed buy from me!

HyperViperNZ said on February 1, 2013 at 10:37 p.m.

Raven seems to be on everybodies wishlist. There's a lost of support for her more than anyone else in this game it seems. Hope she's confirmed then all I could ask for would be either Zatana or Black Canary then I could care less who makes it.

Shumanigans said on February 1, 2013 at 10:45 p.m.

Aquaman will be especially interesting for me just because water has minuscule representation in fighting games. That is, if he will have some significant water-based attacks. Hopefully.

ScrubStep said on February 1, 2013 at 10:57 p.m.

I need a confirmation, im not getting my hopes up about Hawkgirl if the dreams are going to be (brutally)destroyed

ZenRazor said on February 1, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.

The rosters looking really good im really looking forward to seeing Raven,Aquaman and Ares is going to be sick.Im still looking for Red hood though.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on February 1, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.

^
Won't be surprise if they use Aquaman with the magic hand

Tensa said on February 1, 2013 at 11:33 p.m.

I just wanna see some Raven gameplay, I gotta say I wasnt sold on injustice at first since I hate mk9 but with normal sf controls and some characters I wanna play I will give it a good shot

wolfgohan said on February 1, 2013 at 11:56 p.m.

I'm begging for shazam to be playable

RonnieTheClownPrince said on February 2, 2013 at 12:04 a.m.

I really hope Raven is playable...

Liberator said on February 2, 2013 at 12:45 a.m.

...seems like i'm going to skip this game! 1 to 5 female to male ratio is simply unacceptable! not for me at least, i was hoping that this game would have at least 6 female characters out of 24 possible! but it doesn't seem to be the case! more so i expected 6 to be bare minimum, but rather hoped for something like 8 female characters, but oh well this game isn't going to be good anyways, so i'm not losing a lot by skipping it...

Boogityboy said on February 2, 2013 at 12:55 a.m.

cadnexus said on February 2, 2013 at 1:06 a.m.

The only reason I see Raven not playable is because Circe or Zatanna might be the magic characters they decided to select, however, I think all of those characters are at least likely playable for Arcade mode, but not all for story mode. This is yet to be proven. The funny thing is, why have all of those iconic and cool characters and only make a few playable.

The only characters that makes sense not being playable are:
Sinestro (because he could be an Alternate suit for Green Lantern)

Black Adam or Shazam one of them could just be for story mode

Like I said earlier Zatanna or Circe is the Surprise reveal with Raven only in Story Mode. That's about it, which makes most sense in my opinion.

Damonta said on February 2, 2013 at 2:01 a.m.

Black Adam? YEAH BOI!!!

NM_Flamez said on February 2, 2013 at 3:30 a.m.

I don't see the point of having both Shazam and Black Adam playable and I'll prefer Black Adam. We more Villains I prefer his persona. Otherwise I like the roster. Would have liked Darkseid and Static though =(

Fightingfan69 said on February 2, 2013 at 3:53 a.m.

I'm not sure of Green Lantern lore but I keep hearing that Sinestro could have and entirely different set of moves altogether. Green Lantern builds constructs that are more object based while Sinestro can make constructs based of off evil concepts like illusions etc. I don't know, We can keep guessing what the roster is.

All I want is gameplay for Green Lantern, Joker, Lex, Bane, Aquaman (I've read he's confirmed) And any other character that's been confirmed already aside from Green Arrow, Batman, Catwoman, Cyborg, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Soleman, Deathstroke.

BestAlgorithm said on February 2, 2013 at 6:19 a.m.

I doubt Power Girl is gonna be in :/. Maybe as DLC

mario3d said on February 2, 2013 at 6:55 a.m.

Chars playables fighting with chars not playable? no sense, i hope everyone will be playable, Ares and Raven very interesting, Ed troll among us.

AugustAPC said on February 2, 2013 at 7:14 a.m.

Been begging for Raven since the minute this game was announced. Just f*cking confirm her already!

syroco said on February 2, 2013 at 8:11 a.m.

I can't even put into words how disappointed I will be if Lobo does not make the roster. Also, I am really pulling for someone like Black Lightning or Static.

ABSOLute said on February 2, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

I believe that Hawkgirl and Raven will both be playable characters; they offer too much to only be included in Story Mode cutscenes (i.e. Motaro in MK9).
Until told otherwise I'll continue to play your 'waiting game' NRS.

HooliganComboFTW said on February 2, 2013 at 9:28 a.m.

Super Arcade will faze out if it doesn't change its business model. The Donations are just a temporary respite.

Atrkl said on February 2, 2013 at 9:34 a.m.

Hawkgirl rules

Dark_Pinoy said on February 2, 2013 at 9:47 a.m.

MY KINGDOM FOR CAPTAIN MARVEL!

Swaggedoutdamouth said on February 2, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.

WOW. I deff posted this up like 3 days ago and I get no credit?!?! How you troll the troll face lol. Crazy Eventhubs.

Swaggedoutdamouth said on February 2, 2013 at 10:07 a.m.

Swaggedoutdamouth said on January 30, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.
Confirmed Characters Via IGN.com
New Characters

"During the demo we were also shown a variety of characters that may or may not be playable. The list includes Hawk Girl, Aquaman, Doomsday, Raven, Ares, Bane, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Sinestro."

On the article "Injustice: Gods Among Us Story Trailer - Possible glimpse of Hawkgirl."
proof lol

MannieFresh555 said on February 2, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

just imagine......if they had a Water stage just for aquaman.....oh God that would be sooooo cop out this world!

Egon_Spengler said on February 2, 2013 at 10:34 a.m.

Bane was already confirmed playable in an interview by Hector Sanchez of NR, Aquaman was confirmed playable in response to a question on Twitter by Jeph Loeb of DC Comics.

I very much hope every one of these is playable...they are great choices.

DangerousBacon said on February 2, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.

@ 32
Ed basically confirmed him to be DLC. He probably won't be with the initial roster because they have trouble fitting him in within the story.

Killua said on February 2, 2013 at 11:58 a.m.

Wow! I expect to fight nothing but Ravens Online. I hope Black Canary gets announced or added as DLC later.

AugustAPC said on February 2, 2013 at 3:03 p.m.

Doubt it. I'm biased, and I don't want Raven to be the equivalent vanilla SF:IV Ken, but I think we'll be seeing mostly JL characters online.

Raven will no doubt be my main, if she's in the game. Her being my favorite comic character of all time... Hope she's not overused.

Killua said on February 2, 2013 at 3:37 p.m.

Yeah, she`s one of my favorite comic book characters too, and I`m really hoping you`re right about here not being "overused". However, after reading the comments, I`m getting the impression she`s everyone`s favorite character.

Hadouken_Os said on February 2, 2013 at 3:49 p.m.

Black Adam pzl.

Razberryclownsac said on February 2, 2013 at 8:40 p.m.

I was happy Bane was in because he was one of my favorite villains, well before the movies. But since the movie, I get a feeling hell get overused. I wanna see some Joker gameplay and still have have hope for for Lobo and Swamp Thing. Raven is gonna be a badass too. Can't wait til she's confirmed and get some gameplay

sojiki said on February 2, 2013 at 9:40 p.m.

Needs more females in this game that are playable. Need final roster list now!!!!!

ldfgwergweg said on February 3, 2013 at 3:15 a.m.

bettyanna383 said on February 3, 2013 at 7:32 a.m.

Ex_Ein said on February 3, 2013 at 11:24 p.m.

Marvel Herc and Ares> Dc's