Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on sale for $13 as digital download on Xbox Live Marketplace - today only

Posted by DreamKing23
December 27, 2013 at 10:40 a.m. PST

Continuing the countdown to 2014 daily deals, Xbox Live's Major Nelson posted a blog yesterday, with information on that day's game sales. Among the bunch, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate made an appearance at a staggering 67% off.

If you're looking to pick up the game for only $13.19 USD over on Xbox Live, be sure to act fast. DOA5U was a part of yesterday's daily deals, but it remains at the sale price today.

Chances are, the Xbox Live Marketplace will update soon to incorporate today's daily deals, and the price will revert back to its original cost.

Be sure to check out Xbox.com's Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate listing in order to make your purchase.

Tips sent in by Baby_Astaroth, and an anonymous reader.

Comments

coddog said on December 27, 2013 at 10:45 a.m.

JdotSweapA said on December 27, 2013 at 10:45 a.m.

That's a fair deal.

UncleBibby said on December 27, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

hubba hubba!!!

Afropower said on December 27, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

just bought this but fukk that 19.99 sexy female costume dlc

PJ627 said on December 27, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

Do this for PSN too please :(

SuperTurboFinisher said on December 27, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.

There are 2 reasons I want this game....yup

valkerionseven said on December 27, 2013 at 11:18 a.m.

If PSN puts it for sale too I'll double dip. Really enjoyed the base DoA5 but did not buy this one.

ElHiznahn said on December 27, 2013 at 11:31 a.m.

If you have a choice between buying a disc and digital version for a game, always buy disc: usually cheaper, smaller install size, and you can sell it.

tidestick said on December 27, 2013 at 11:35 a.m.

does anyone even play Doa5?

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 11:38 a.m.

check FreeStepDodge.com. That's where the competitive DOA community comes from.

On topic, this is excellent since Marie Rose is coming to consoles soon.

Splack said on December 27, 2013 at 11:38 a.m.

A lot of folks play it with one hand...

FightDirty said on December 27, 2013 at 12:04 p.m.

DOA5U is a decent 3D fighter but I must say that it can be hard to concentrate with some of the female costumes (eg., Helena's swimsuit above).

DunnDeal said on December 27, 2013 at 12:05 p.m.

I wouldve bought it but Microsoft blocked my debit card when I recovered my account on my Xbox One. Guess they thought someone was hacking my account and the whole process takes almost 2 weeks to clear so I just said screw it.

FightDirty said on December 27, 2013 at 12:12 p.m.

Have you seen Marie Rose's alt. costume? It's like a skimpy blue nightgown. Interested to see what people make of it.

Guile4Life said on December 27, 2013 at 12:14 p.m.

Can't believe u kids get off on 3d women models lol guess u can't get the real thing. Ima get this game waiting for it to drop in price for awhile don't care for the swim suit pack lol really give me some cool outfits

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

Oh yea. I still think she's a interesting character to learn.

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.

OhYouDontSayThat said on December 27, 2013 at 12:18 p.m.

BEWBS! - my contribution.

Enter4none said on December 27, 2013 at 12:19 p.m.

They have names?

ultimateloss said on December 27, 2013 at 12:22 p.m.

Only half of the characters are female and the guys have a swimsuit outfit for you as well

dorayaki said on December 27, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.

<ahem> Just stopped in to say I approve of this. You may continue....

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

Another thing: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Arcade is out now in Japanese arcades. There is a tournament going on in Japanese arcades starting in January 12, with the Qualifying Round about to go live.

As for DLC, the Legacy and Santa's Helpers are the last 2 DLC packs for this year. Team Ninja and Tecmo Koei are on Christmas Break and will return to work in a couple of weeks.

yes4me said on December 27, 2013 at 12:50 p.m.

Can someone make an emulator of this game until it is out on PC, please with lots of sugar?

FightDirty said on December 27, 2013 at 1:03 p.m.

Yes, as hard as it might be to believe DOA actually has characters with names and a story. Indeed the story mode isn't too bad., better than the DOA movie at least. It isn't just a virtual sex game. LOL.

masang said on December 27, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.

hello Virtua_Kazama,

is there a Live Stream for this tournament? and do you mean that there is a grand final tourney on Jan 12, and that the qualifiers are about to start now, as in several hours from now or so?

thanks!

H_Lightning said on December 27, 2013 at 1:13 p.m.

Already have this on ps3 but still bought it to support. No way am I buying the costumes again for 360 though :P

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 2:05 p.m.

Not sure if it will be streamed or not. I do know one of my friends is going to show the Japanese his Bass. (He needs to dress like him, as a matter of fact.) Also, these tournaments is Single-Elimination. If you lose, you are out.

Hexelf said on December 27, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.

One of my absolute favorite fighters this generation. Mila is the beast! <3

TheTHCGamer said on December 27, 2013 at 2:49 p.m.

Once the fight starts you forget about what your character is wearing.

TheMasterPlayer said on December 27, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.

Size double D's! If I get knocked out with those, I'll die a happy fighter, lol!

Darc_Requiem said on December 27, 2013 at 3:14 p.m.

I have $8 left on my XBL account from when they switched from points to real money. I'll snag DOA for $5. I was really hoping for a Wii U version but I see that ship has long since sailed.

FightDirty said on December 27, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.

Agreed! Just this week I dropped Rig for Mila. I love her MMA style with the holds and she can really duke it out too. Rig is OK but Mila's style is much better for me.

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 3:33 p.m.

She's Top Tier in Japan.

TrueGamingGuru said on December 27, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.

@PJ627 & valkerionseven

For those asking for a price drop for the PSN download will have to wait until an official word from Sony mentions a price drop.

@tidestick

There are people that will still play DOA5. The majority of players that do play DOA5 are ones from Japan & Playstation owners, there is a couple Western gamers that plays DOA5 also & few Xbox Players. (although I've heard not many players play the 360 verison & most 360 sales do poorly in Japan) Even plus DOA5 has an Arcade version, which plenty of Japanese gamers will be playing. (Just like they would play an Arcade ver. of TTT2, than play console ver.)

@Enter4none

DOA from the start always have names for the characters. DOA doesn't just do sexual females without even giving them a name. Its just silly to do that. Not many fighter games of this generation would just make a character without a name. If you want to know who they are, I know the entire character roster from each game.

On Topic: I definitely enjoy DOA5, I would consider this the almost Best Fighter Game. I'm really looking forward to play as Marie Rose on the console releases.

BedtimeShoryuken said on December 27, 2013 at 6:48 p.m.

bought DOA5 but it didn't hold my attention for long, despite having my girl Sarah in it. this is a pretty good deal but I don't think I would ever get around to really getting into it

Virtua_Kazama said on December 27, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.

You will be pleased when you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSIT8L...

Alltimefox said on December 27, 2013 at 7:13 p.m.

Bought the game on xbl and I have to download all ten dlc to play it :/ so much space

Kenshiro said on December 27, 2013 at 7:28 p.m.

Lol @ people still complaining about the price.

It's a complete game with tons of additional content...just stop being so cheap.

al2k said on December 27, 2013 at 7:38 p.m.

Game sucks! Tecmo should pay people to play it.

TrueGamingGuru said on December 27, 2013 at 8:33 p.m.

Oh I'm definitely pleased. That was a pretty cute & awesome video of Marie Rose's gameplay. Her fighting skills just looks like a breeze to use, (although I got to learn her moves & combos, but this video gave me an idea) and part of her combo just reminds me of Lau a little. (seen it from VF3 opening) She also reminds me of Kasumi a little the way how she fights. (but its very different) I also like her losing pose, just cause its cute. (even if that is very childish)

She looks a lot of fun to play as, can't wait for the DLC Update. (If they'll add her the same way as the stages, although there is DOA5 Core Fighters) Thanks for the video, that was some nice stuff.

Galletano said on December 27, 2013 at 9:39 p.m.

This is an amazing game, and this is a great deal, hope they put the costumes on sale soon for both systems.

I also hope for a port in the new gen.

Dimensional said on December 28, 2013 at 6:39 a.m.

People are complaining about the price er ok dont you get 5 characters free now? thats pretty much what KI is offering you for 17 pounds. Its a good game anyway except for online where I find it pretty horrendous damn I wish there was an offline scene somewhere near me.

EMPEROR_COW said on December 28, 2013 at 3:53 p.m.

OK mods, we need to get things straight here.
I was told that you don't put up my vids because of lack of interest in DOA5U.
Yet, you post every costume pack, you post about the arcade release, and you post about the price drop. but hardly anything related to the combo vids or tutorials that I, along with the community, work our asses off to produce.

Here I am being one of the communities hard working players trying to give the game the credibility it deserves and yet you as a website refuse to post the content that can actually show the game for what it really is and change that opinion. You even go the extra mile by posting that atrocious costume as your cover pic. Its like you're provoking people to call the game a boob fighter on purpose.

I am pretty damn sure its not the lack of quality of my vids because they are pretty damn high quality, especially the last few vids I put up. so what is it you guys are after exactly ? are you supporting the game ? or are you not !?

Virtua_Kazama said on December 28, 2013 at 9:41 p.m.

To continue on what EC is trying to say, I have been trying to help him get EH to show the competitive side of DOA as well. Combo videos, high-level gameplay, you name it. I will have to admit that it can be insulting to the creator as well as the DOA community in general that we only see nothing but sales, DLC, and stuff, but you gotta realize that there is more than this game has to offer.

BloodBurger said on December 30, 2013 at 6:16 a.m.

I was told this as well. SRK still supports the competitive side of this game quite a bit via d3v so our best bet is to hit him up on FSD.

cinnamonpirate said on December 30, 2013 at 3:15 p.m.

With respect, not everyone who goes to a video game website is interested in watching combo videos, behind the scenes videos, speed run videos, etc. But everyone who goes to a video game website obviously buys video games, so release data, sales info or DLC news is pertinent to everyone. The only people who would watch a DOA combo video are people who play DOA, and only a fraction of people who play games watch other people play them.

BloodBurger said on January 1, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.

If you're interested in buying a game be it full price or at a discount, and or DLC for the game, odds are you're going to play it as well.

What Emperor Cow, myself and people like us do is show you how to play the game a higher level. For a long time I subscribed to the theory that the casual audience is more important, and I still believe that it is, but eventually, and especially in fighting games, you're going to get tired of playing against the computer. Either you quit the game completely or you seek help to get better. That's where match videos and combo videos and things like that come into play.

I'm also pretty sure only a very small fraction of people who know about Event Hubs are only interested in fluff and or sales. Most people that come here are interested in the tournament/high level competitive scene as well.

This website has always been looked at as the casual version of SRK. Not that that's a bad thing, but like I mentioned before, competitive DOA content creators are probably better off sending their videos there.