Ultra Street Fighter 4: More customer satisfaction ratings from location tests, courtesy of Capcom's Saikyo Blog

Posted by MajinTenshinhan
December 19, 2013 at 11:35 a.m. PST

In the latest Saikyo blog post from Ultra Street Fighter 4 producer Tomoaki Ayano, we get some more insight into what Japanese players thought about their time with the location test build of Ultra Street Fighter 4.

We did a similar post recently, and these ratings are on the same scale, but from different people, from 6 different areas around Japan.

Hit the jump to see the stats.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Overall opinions

Satisfied: 10
Somewhat satisfied: 20
Neutral: 36
Wasn't very much fun: 20
Wasn't any fun at all: 14

Below, you'll find what players had to say regarding each character individually.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Rolento opinions

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Hugo opinions

Satisfied: 5
Somewhat satisfied: 15
Neutral: 39
Wasn't very much fun: 19
Wasn't any fun at all: 22

Next comes the opinions regarding the new system changes that have taken place in Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Ultra Combo double opinions

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Delayed wakeup double opinions

Satisfied: 16
Somewhat satisfied: 17
Neutral: 34
Wasn't very much fun: 17
Wasn't any fun at all: 16

An additional question was asked this time, which may be relevant not only to the Arcade version, but also the the online mode of the new version. The question was, do you want your current PP and BP to transfer over to the new version? Below, you'll find the opinions.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 — Would you like your current BP and PP to be transferred to Ultra?

I want it transferred: 8
I don't want it transferred: 92
Source: Capcom Saikyo Blog.

Comments

shaolindk said on December 19, 2013 at 11:39 a.m.

Great to see the results.

EstOct101990 said on December 19, 2013 at 11:40 a.m.

I really hope they dont transfer over bp and pp. I wanna start over wit my ibuki 10k is too much.

NyuBomber said on December 19, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

Really hope they take the overall dissatisfaction with Hugo to heart, really wanna main the big guy.

Memanruler said on December 19, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

Results:

Everything is meh.

Hugo still sucks.

SnakeX said on December 19, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

My initial reaction was "Wow, way to sit on the fence people!" with all these neutral opinions; however this is actually a good thing because Capcom did specifically state that feedback is important to how much/little they change from each phase of location testing. So all these votes towards a neutral opinion to me says that people are still taking a "wait and see" approach to changes, which should translate to Capcom that there's still more that people want to see.

djm0001 said on December 19, 2013 at 11:50 a.m.

I think Hugo just needs more play for people to figure him out. From first glance you choose him, see he's extremely slow, has slow pokes, and doesn't have his BnB SF3 combos ( I dno how he compares to the SFxT implementation ). So I'd say it makes sense for people to naturally be unsatisfied at first glance.

It seems like his strategy is to simply get the opponent in the corner, whether it be by walking them there or hitting em with the wall slam command grab. I think Hugo is gunna be a legit threat once people figure out his offense. The only problem Hugo will have is against characters that have wall-dives and can use them to escape his pressure

sintu said on December 19, 2013 at 11:52 a.m.

It's more likely that they're going to see this as a poor investment and not consider doing it ever again. Which may actually look bad for the future of the Street Fighter series as a whole.

CaptainHowdy said on December 19, 2013 at 11:52 a.m.

Elena looks fun to play with. I can't wait for the 5th character.

djm0001 said on December 19, 2013 at 12:04 p.m.

They'll base all of that on sales, if everybody is dissatisfied but they make a ton of money off of it, they're gunna continue making it

coddog said on December 19, 2013 at 12:05 p.m.

CRUZ said on December 19, 2013 at 12:09 p.m.

I hope Capcom realizes not everyone likes Hugo, only grappler players do and they don't buff him too much like he was in SFXT vanilla...
On the bright side USF4 Turbo on PS4/Xbone would be dope if they include some characters we really wanted like Alex, Karin, R.Mika and Q...

Christ_Like777 said on December 19, 2013 at 12:12 p.m.

Ranking system needs a complete overhaul

MCZ_Ryu said on December 19, 2013 at 12:14 p.m.

5th character confirmed to be Vergil and Dante's lost sister, Vante.

HardToSayNo said on December 19, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.

i hope they do transfer over bp and pp.. took me a long time just to get 20k bp with ryu n 10k bp with cammy :(

especially when you get to the 10k range and barely win any points per game..

SeaJay said on December 19, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

I really think we gotta give it some time with Hugo, I don't think he's a terrible character as people make him out to be

sarif2soon said on December 19, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.

People dissatisfied with:
Ryu
Hugo
UW
RF

And mostly neytral on DW

And what about other characters? Why only Ryu?
And when are we getting the 5th character so we can give feedback?

devilcuco said on December 19, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

Imo ranked games should not show names, only connection bars and country flag, to avoid cheats. What's the point of showing names in ranked lobbys? To avoid people that consistently win you? I don't get it

Memanruler said on December 19, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.

I don't know about you, but being able to see the name of the guy who sets the game time to 30 seconds, 1 round is great if I don't want to play him again.

oghaggard said on December 19, 2013 at 12:42 p.m.

Not to mention trolls, really early/beginner players, people who rage quit, people who have a D-grade on their benchmark performance (PC version), etc... lol, online matchmaking benefits from extra information, not from minimal information.

oghaggard said on December 19, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

What I'd like to know is, what kind of person shows up for a Street Fighter location test and says the game is "not very fun at all?" If you don't like SFIV, don't frickin' go to the location test and waste everyone's time...

djm0001 said on December 19, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.

They just used Ryu's pic for the "General" section, there's nothing specific to Ryu in the results

llSilkCutll said on December 19, 2013 at 12:51 p.m.

New BP & PP please. It's a new game, therefore they should be reset!

lowti3rgod said on December 19, 2013 at 12:58 p.m.

If it took you a long time to get all that Bp with two scrub easy mode characters like that, then you need an IQ check

Sage_Liebert said on December 19, 2013 at 12:59 p.m.

I dont think they will let the players have input on how good the fifth character will be. They will most likely do what they want with her. Which i'm ok with since the developers have better judgement than the average player.

HardToSayNo said on December 19, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.

okay? why would i need a IQ check? and whats the point in linking that youtube channel

Kurow said on December 19, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.

Hugo is too slow, bad normals, can't combo anything, Ultra 2 is decent but sometimes miss and the damage is not good enough.

colossus said on December 19, 2013 at 1:12 p.m.

Actually here in Europe situation is pretty much the same with the slight difference that they use ONLY shotos here and not that much charge characters.

CRAYONSEED said on December 19, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.

I hope they come up with a system that's more straight forward and intuitive. Just have points ffs.

mrdrofficer said on December 19, 2013 at 1:15 p.m.

The problem with Hugo isn't size or speed - it's health.

Judging from the location tests, Hugo looks to have about 900 health. That is WAY too low. Give him about 1200 and most of these detriments will be fair.

GodPride said on December 19, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

Reading goes a long way.

vega4liv said on December 19, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.

Please change the freaking interface !!! And do something about that dam point ranking system In ranked matches plz... Win a game get 25-30 points lose a game 78-100 points ? How does that work!!!

Rahavic said on December 19, 2013 at 1:43 p.m.

I like the idea of the BP/PP not being carried over and starting fresh. Hopefully, its a hint that they are thinking of re-doing that entire system with something new.

I'd like to see something done like World Tekken Federation as well with maybe somewhere online you can check who's the leader online for PSN/XBL and even Arcades just to see what the current trends are and such.

illSim said on December 19, 2013 at 1:47 p.m.

i will be using hugo.. so im ready. akuma still my main. i didnt use him in AE but did in 2012.

SaveDaGravvy said on December 19, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

Hah I know right? Dan can't get anywhere with those numbers!

mrkareemruiz said on December 19, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

hope elena is good

Landshark said on December 19, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

How are they supposed to figure out problems with the game in the first place?

sarif2soon said on December 19, 2013 at 2:01 p.m.

Oh, didn't notice.

SnakeX said on December 19, 2013 at 2:14 p.m.

Nah, it's more than 900 although it is definitely less than what Zangief and T. Hawk have at 1100. It would be more than fair for Hugo to have AT LEAST as much as those two, especially when he's about half as mobile as them and a far bigger target.

RandomSelectMaster said on December 19, 2013 at 2:34 p.m.

I am going to guess the 5th character...

Kasuga or Rouge... :). Let's see.

Clearzova4950 said on December 19, 2013 at 2:46 p.m.

You shouldn't let Hugo's state deter you from using him. Who cares if he's gonna suck? I know I'm gonna be using him no matter what.

Guile4Life said on December 19, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

@29 where did U read Hugo has 900 health that makes no sense lol I read it was like 1100

BlackOnyxThunder said on December 19, 2013 at 3:27 p.m.

Am I reading these correctly?...

ModAL said on December 19, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

I would like to see the points that have been accrued in AE used towards something, anything in USF4. I am neutral if the points transfer or not. It did not take me long to get my points, and I know I can earn them again.

Capcom_Warrior said on December 19, 2013 at 5:02 p.m.

I would love it if they reset the BP and PP. I haven't played AE since SFXT came out and i'd be falsly represented if everyone saw my 3400+ PP. After almost a two year break it'd be nice to start from scratch.

soggytoast said on December 19, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

It's way too easy to lose points in ranked matches. I don't mind the current pp/bp system in general, but they just need to soften it a little so that you don't lose everything in one bad day. Looking for a ranked match is like walking through a minefield where you can lose 150 pp off of some kid with a bad connection while you can only hope to score 30 pp off of legitimately good players.

VolcanicAkuma55 said on December 19, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

lol dont worry about lowtier. he hates more than 3/4s of the cast. good source of salt for underseasoned food

tidestick said on December 19, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

Reset all that shiat

JRXP2011 said on December 19, 2013 at 6:16 p.m.

Oh no, my 900pp..... Kappa Reset it, I get mine back in a day.

zMaverickHunter said on December 19, 2013 at 6:17 p.m.

What they need to do is balance out the number of points you gain and lost because the current ranking system is a joke and also they need to give more info about your opponent when he or she joins your lobby, like in endless lobbies but with a bit more description. I'm tired of getting my points robbed by random scrubs who don't know how to play the damn game. Rolento is gonna be my Ranked main. In endless my mains are Guy, Yang, Rolento and a few others to mess around with

BigFleccs said on December 19, 2013 at 6:48 p.m.

if u dont know wat a troll acc is by now you never will

danny2times said on December 19, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

That's just ignorant. You're saying the fate of a 25 year franchise, the most successful fighting game franchise In existence and probably capcoms history, and the voice of millions of fans is decided by a handful of regional loc tests?
The staggering number of people who answered this survey is maybe 100 per loc test, and in total accumulating around say 2-300 participants weighs in on their decision as well as you saying EVEN MAKE ANOTHER STREET FIGHTER IN THE FUTURE is possibly the most short sighted, and flat out ignorant statement made on this site! And that my friend is saying a helluva lot.
Please keep your insider stock trading secrets inside that pea sized brain. My God man.

IMainDanHibiki said on December 19, 2013 at 8:28 p.m.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I would like to know the usage statistics for the characters they use (And if you can't do this in Ranked, let them do it for Ranked.) so if they use Ken I can just leave.

I would also like to know their Combined total BP as well as PP.

Also, instead of More Skilled, make it so that you can set lobbies with specific amounts of PP/Combined BP. (So 1000-2000 PP, 2000-3000 PP, etc. etc.)

That's just my two cents though.

Guile4Life said on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 p.m.

5th character for ultra street fighter gonna be goukens daughter watch out 😉

danny2times said on December 19, 2013 at 8:57 p.m.

Damn dude right!? Those retards wanna play a game? And use a character they like based on their personal taste?! Screw them man, I mean if you wanna make it to the big leagues they gotta use a character YOU agree with, am I right?!
Stupid scrubs playing it like a fun pastime? They don't understand how serious this $hit is.

Damn wangstaz.....

P.s.
You're gdlk, I just got your tag tattooed across my chest with your matador death stare looking authentic,ltg man, I got your eyes as my nipples but had em add some flames coming out them. Thanx for existing man.

LittleScumbag said on December 20, 2013 at 4:55 a.m.

Ok so around 60 000 BP is gonne (XBL+PS3+GFWL) ... Ok ,fvck you Capcom!!!
...then on the other hand , i never liked the BP/PP system as it curently is

Capcom_Warrior said on December 20, 2013 at 7:50 a.m.

Just ignore Sparrow. He's a troll that sends massive amounts of hate mail and ragequits when he loses. He's almost on that DarkSidePhil level. Lol.

Aluppoj said on December 20, 2013 at 8:09 a.m.

Two suggestions that could SAVE these modes!

1) If they plan on resetting the Bp/Pp PLEASE bring over the Arcade point system!

2) If they want to push team battle again, PLEASE institute team battle searching! Waiting in a lobby trying to assemble 6 people is boring! And you can barely ever find enough people. You should be able to assemble with YOUR friends to make your unit. Name your team. Then search for other crews of players!

That would make things Hype! Team Detriot vs Team Chicago (for example) etc, etc, etc...

If it isn't done like that, it'll die like the old team battle mode.

GiBGUN said on December 20, 2013 at 9:56 a.m.

I'd really like a ranked rematch option like in KI so you can have a best of 3 if your opponent also wants to. C'mon Capcom!