Poison, Rolento, Elena, Hugo, and many more - tons of Ultra Street Fighter 4 footage from Mad Catz and Eurogamer

Posted by DreamKing23
December 19, 2013 at 6:32 p.m. PST
Mad Catz and Eurogamer have uploaded a slew of great Ultra Street Fighter 4 footage as of late. To kick us off, we have a 6 minute preview from Eurogamer that shows many different characters in action, and discusses the newest mode additions from the recent trailer.

After the jump, you will find a ton of videos from the Taiwan location test that was streamed by Mad Catz. In these matches, you'll see characters such as Hugo, Rolento, Elena, Poison, Gouken, Yang, and plenty of others. There is much more USF4 footage over on Mad Catz' YouTube channel, so be sure to check it out.

Hit the jump for more USF4.

Tip sent in by Sunblade, and Fawaz.

Comments

EstOct101990 said on December 19, 2013 at 6:42 p.m.

Elena on I hope you aren't top tier like my other characters I use. Tired of getting hate mail of people calling me a tier whore because the characters I use are top tier. I need you to be mid tier so I can shut these people up. lol I just cant wait to do it with my nerfed characters in ultra. ibuki cammy sakura elena all day in ultra yall better watch out yo.

Baby_Astaroth said on December 19, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.

Did the Eurogamer guy say 4 stocks of meter for a red focus or up to 4?

Eye_of_Orochi said on December 19, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

As much I love getting new Ultra footage constantly, it can be such torture to watch. MUST. PLAY....

Getdownbrown83 said on December 19, 2013 at 7:01 p.m.

If that who you like then that's who you like. Rock em whether they are the best or not.

Dafamx said on December 19, 2013 at 7:14 p.m.

Ouch, Hugos focus doing MAJOR damage to Juri in that first vid.

CRAYONSEED said on December 19, 2013 at 7:17 p.m.

Yeah I'm kinda worried that's gonna happen with Rose. I've been playing her since her debut in f***ing Alpha. With her buffs and w ultra I think a bunch of people are gonna pick her up...

geoomega said on December 19, 2013 at 7:21 p.m.

loving the POISON videos… awesome this guys sure knows how to use her. :)

Xul said on December 19, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

xShonuffx said on December 19, 2013 at 7:49 p.m.

I have the same worry with Chun Li but to be honest I like the buffs. Will be nice not to feel so gimped this iteration.

Green016 said on December 19, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

Hugo looks like z tier in the game sadly. I wonder if they'll fix that tiger shot going through his head thing. Looks retarded.

Darklurkr23 said on December 19, 2013 at 8:15 p.m.

Adon should've been buffed w/ recovery not F'd up his ass

Topaz said on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 p.m.

Awesome Makoto play in 3/8. EX Fukiage is going to be so much fun.

Guile4Life said on December 19, 2013 at 8:44 p.m.

5th character for ultra gonna be goukens daughter 😉

Guile4Life said on December 19, 2013 at 9:07 p.m.

And she won't play like a shoto I'm sure so don't start crying oh god another shoto

shoryuken78 said on December 19, 2013 at 9:25 p.m.

MaysTheCraze said on December 19, 2013 at 10 p.m.

I honestly think 3v3 teams is a great idea. Reminds me of a crew battle in Smash Bros with how the health works. That quick invite option though you brought up sounds great.

NumeroGaijin said on December 19, 2013 at 10:16 p.m.

im sorry but elena looks like a tall skinny alien so far

Sage_Liebert said on December 19, 2013 at 10:21 p.m.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. El Fuerte is gonna be a problem. Just wait and see.

DontTaseMeBro said on December 19, 2013 at 10:24 p.m.

Poison and Elena are stunning. But... isn't Poison a trap? XD

Green016 said on December 19, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

3v3 will die so quickly it's not even funny, such a pointless addition imo. Just like tournament and team battle which are completely useless now and no one even plays them EVER. How about fixing the matchmaking system or the rankings system. Both of which are terrible.

Goukin said on December 19, 2013 at 11:15 p.m.

Yep just as thought Gouken losing to a new player because he has better tools already. I am REALLY being to hate Capcom

DontTaseMeBro said on December 19, 2013 at 11:22 p.m.

What do you mean?

GodPride said on December 19, 2013 at 11:23 p.m.

If Elimination is a one on one battle where both players have access to 3 characters like in CvS2, it might have legs.

GodPride said on December 19, 2013 at 11:28 p.m.

Wow, the 3v3 mode is just a team battle. That's pretty lame.

AkiraHeart said on December 20, 2013 at 12:19 a.m.

And why exactly we do have to wait for another 6 month for that update??

Sasuga said on December 20, 2013 at 12:37 a.m.

Nah, man. They just said she was a man to make the feminists shut up.

Sasuga said on December 20, 2013 at 12:49 a.m.

Juri's ji.fp looks weird, tho.

9DeadlySinns said on December 20, 2013 at 1:46 a.m.
Tryken said on December 20, 2013 at 7:08 a.m.

People will hate mail anything that they find overly frustrating. I receive a particularly high amount of hate mail when I play my Rose (main). I imagine anyone who plays a "lame" character (Dhaslim, Rose, Guile, etc.) probably enjoys the same amount of joy in their inbox after a match.

TheAlmightyVox said on December 20, 2013 at 7:48 a.m.

Maybe because it's not done yet?

Kenshiro said on December 20, 2013 at 8:07 a.m.

That Rolento was exceptional the mine sweep or whatever the super is called now looks really situational. That Rolento player clearly knew what the deal was and CLEARLY chose the correct Ultra.

Kenshiro said on December 20, 2013 at 8:12 a.m.

I'm pretty sure Hugo's running Lariat still has armor so while it's not by any means easy to get in on fireball zoners it looked worse than it actually is.

Didn't even play on an intermediate level.

Sage_Liebert said on December 20, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

I'd rather the high tiger shot hit a crouch blocking Hugo.

Aluppoj said on December 20, 2013 at 9:16 a.m.

Two suggestions that could help (Or Save) these modes!

1) If they plan on resetting the Bp/Pp PLEASE bring over the Arcade point system!

2) If they want to push team battle again, PLEASE institute team battle searching! Waiting in a lobby trying to assemble 6 people is boring! And you can barely ever find enough people. You should be able to assemble with YOUR friends to make your unit. Name your team. Then search for other crews of players!

That would make things Hype! Team Detriot vs Team Chicago (for example) etc, etc, etc...

If it isn't done like that, it'll die like the old team battle mode.

IMainDanHibiki said on December 20, 2013 at 9:18 a.m.

What do you think about Ranked Team Battles?

Aluppoj said on December 20, 2013 at 9:38 a.m.

That'd be a cool addition also.

oghaggard said on December 20, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.

Regardless of what he said, it's 2 for Red Focus and 4 for EX Red Focus.

oghaggard said on December 20, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Very educated statement.

This is the original concept drawing for Poison, as in like, the FIRST ONE from back in '88 or '89 or so, before Final Fight's release: http://fightingstreet.com/folders/art...

See the Japanese text on the bottom? It says "New Half." That's the Japanese term for transexual.

Though if you're clueless enough to say something like "make the feminists shut up," I don't know why I'm even bothering to educate you, bro...

oghaggard said on December 20, 2013 at 11 a.m.

There are these extra secret tools that Gouken has called Blocking and Teching Throws. So long as you master those, no newbie is going to beat you, I promise.

oghaggard said on December 20, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

By "fix" do you mean "ruin Hugo by making the Hugo-Sagat matchup 0-10?" He already gets hit in the head by upward-angled anti-air fireballs (Juri, Gouken) as it is. Granted, they could make his crouching animation have him hunker down a bit lower, but ultimately it doesn't matter. People who actually play the game seriously will get used to it in five seconds.

oghaggard said on December 20, 2013 at 11:06 a.m.

People are going to give you s!@# regardless of what character you use or why you use them.

I've had people call me a noob for playing Ryu. I've had people call me a flowchart for playing Ken. I've had people call me a spammy tier-whore for playing Fei. I've had people call me a spammy tier-whore for playing Dee Jay (yes!). I've had people rage-quit on me for beating them one round with El Fuerte.

The point is, play who you like and F' what people say.

Kenshiro said on December 20, 2013 at 11:31 a.m.

Preach.

wonzan said on December 20, 2013 at 12:05 p.m.

i'm going to be really lazy i know but do any of the above videos have vega, seth or adon in them?

Ravellino said on December 20, 2013 at 1:26 p.m.

must buy

Intosh said on December 22, 2013 at 1:40 p.m.

Love the new modes but damn the new characters are lame and ugly. Very uninspiring characters. Hope the last one will save the day.

Mr_Salt said on December 22, 2013 at 8:55 p.m.

I have no problem with Poison being guy, girl, or something in between. I DO have a problem with Poison being the only female with some kind of shape. When Chun-Li turns around it looks like two pancakes leaning on each other. When Cammy turns around, I go blind. I'm not trying to court virtual characters here but the attention to the diversity of the female body is stronger with the art team from UMVC3. Street Fighter's is a little...biased. I'm not crazy since they nailed all the male torsos perfectly.