Gootecks and Mike Ross set out on an epic quest - Excellent Holiday Adventures available as paid download right now, YouTube upload forthcoming

Posted by MajinTenshinhan
December 19, 2013 at 7:58 a.m. PST

If you're feeling nostalgic around the holidays for some action from what may be the most dynamic duo the FGC has ever seen, then you can stop writing Santa about getting new Excellent Adventures in your stocking this year, because your wish has already been fulfilled.

Neither Christmas, Hanukkah or New Year's can hope to live up to the joyous occasion of The Holiday Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross. The Holiday Adventures series will be uploaded in 4 30-minute increments to YouTube each Sunday, starting with December 22nd.

Hit the jump for the full trailer for this 2-hour feature, as well as details on how to obtain it right now, if you just can't bear to wait before seeing Mike Ross' Dan play.

Trailer courtesy of Cross Counter TV.

Visit the Excellent Holiday Adventures for details on how to purchase the content right away.

Thanks to TheGodofPez and shoryusengan for sending this in.

Comments

Threedawg said on December 19, 2013 at 7:59 a.m.

This might be the first video I ever pay for online.

GARMAKILMA said on December 19, 2013 at 8:08 a.m.

:D :D :D :D :D

TheGodOfPez said on December 19, 2013 at 8:08 a.m.

Will cop the rental. $2.99 to support these guys? Done and done.

Sagateee said on December 19, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

ShinzoBishamon said on December 19, 2013 at 8:14 a.m.

How is he a scumbag

timefalls said on December 19, 2013 at 8:19 a.m.

aaahahahahaha

perfume said on December 19, 2013 at 8:20 a.m.

Dat entitlement. Expecting quality content for free. 2.99 to rent and 4.99 to own is chump change. They can have my 4.99.

BlackRain said on December 19, 2013 at 8:23 a.m.

Credit Card only? Waiting for the YouTube upload it is then.

paralyzing said on December 19, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.

1:57:13 worth of content?

Holy crap, $2.99 to rent it is not bad idea at all!

nebbiez said on December 19, 2013 at 8:27 a.m.

I really hope this gets a ton of support so they can see how important Excellent Adventures is within the FGC. If you guys want to see more of Gootecks and Mike together instead of this just being a one-off holiday special, they're gonna need both moral and financial support. Providing them with dollars means that they provide us content and everybody is happy. Don't wait for this to come out on torrent sites, please support this quality content!

DevilMaySpy said on December 19, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

I have no problem with this. You can wait once a week for free divisions of the episode, or you can buy/rent it all early. This series was a big part of a lot of people getting into the FGC, and it needs to come back.

ForTheViolence said on December 19, 2013 at 8:39 a.m.

People are so cheap lmao. That broly tongue fadc dash ultra.

Kinman777 said on December 19, 2013 at 8:42 a.m.

I'm buying it to support more Excellent Adventures in the future!

KingKong said on December 19, 2013 at 8:49 a.m.

LOL at people calling this "quality content" you bunch of patsies

canza said on December 19, 2013 at 8:51 a.m.

To sagagate: Really a**hole? It's 2 hours of amazing content for 3-5 bucks. You can stop eating McDonalds one day and be able to save up. And it also says they will release it for FREE anyway, so I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply to this troll.

Capcom_Warrior said on December 19, 2013 at 8:56 a.m.

Two hour episode? Sounds awesome! Even the trailer had me cracking up. I'll be purchasing this tomorrow. :-)

caruga said on December 19, 2013 at 9:03 a.m.

We don't know that it will promote further productions like these, or if it will remain a once a year thing.

SgtKonus said on December 19, 2013 at 9:04 a.m.

Having an opinion different from your own =/= patsies.

Kijui said on December 19, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

WTH?! Stay away from my character, Mike Ross!
We can't associate ourselves with a guy who has played Sagat in the last month! Such atrocities must be righted!

...Then again, playing Dan is a humbling experience for both the player and their opponent... Ok, Michael, you have my permission. BUT DON'T YOU DARE PLAY HIM LIKE YOU WOULD RYU... Seriously, it won't work... I mean if you wanted to play LIKE Ryu, just use him, and STAY AWAY FROM MY CHARACTER, MIKE ROSS!
We can't associate...

#SaiikyoWorldOrder

Baby_Astaroth said on December 19, 2013 at 9:27 a.m.

This seems like it's going to be funny. Dec 22nd isn't too far off.

shoryusengan said on December 19, 2013 at 9:28 a.m.

it is worth the purchase i assure you that

Ranshi said on December 19, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.

I'm so getting this just for that BrolyLegs match!

Mike said on December 19, 2013 at 9:46 a.m.

According to the email Gootecks sent out: "This is most likely just the beginning of the return of Excellent Adventures."

Wedge said on December 19, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.

Why do they think a couple of guys scrubbing around in random online matches is paid content? I mean it's kind of amusing to watch them sometimes, but a couple guys hanging out playing games is not exactly a unique concept to youtube. I'm just not sure where they get the idea this is a business model is from?

TorTorVega said on December 19, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

Bought this to support the return of Excellent Adventures. Thanks for the heads up.

TorTorVega said on December 19, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.

It works, therefore they do it.

Green016 said on December 19, 2013 at 9:55 a.m.

Don't get me wrong, I love Excellent Adventures as much as anybody and am glad they're back but anyone who pays for this is a sucker lol. But of course a sucker is born every minute so I'm sure many will bite.

zombi_ryu said on December 19, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.

These guys are the only guys I will pay money to see play games.

bigjbilly said on December 19, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.

They aren't forcing anybody go pay. That's why this doesn't offend me. If you want to grab it up now, do it. If you want to wait for free, do that. If you don't want to watch, well then, don't. It's a good idea, better than begging on stream.

Memanruler said on December 19, 2013 at 10:11 a.m.

I'm one of the guys who was really pissed off when they did the Fighting Game tips with F.Champ and made people pay for that.

That said, I think this is great. It's still going to come out for free, which is great because I have no money and I'll just wait for that, but it's also a way to help support this kind of stuff.

caramell_dragon said on December 19, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

Just finished watching. A great video, worth the rental but I would have payed the 4.99 if I had a reason to download it. Excited for more episodes to come.

shoryusengan said on December 19, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

don't worry about it bro there are always going to be nay sayers, if people want to support they can but some people don't get the concept...tis the internet

ArkticDark said on December 19, 2013 at 10:49 a.m.

Looks like it should be funny

GodPride said on December 19, 2013 at 10:51 a.m.

I don't know why they think pity is a sustainable business model.

mtgrungoblins said on December 19, 2013 at 11:30 a.m.

Definitely going to buy this when I get home!

shmickmik said on December 19, 2013 at 11:57 a.m.

"That's right folks, we're back because we wanted to give you fans what you want =) Excellent Adventures has returned!

Call now to take advantage of our special introductory price of 10 easy payments of $9.99!!

Sure we could have just made it free because we had FUN doing it awhile ago, but you people are nothing but DOLLAR SIGNS to us (Fanatiq, Fchamp) and have nothing but contempt for you, but you idiots will throw money at anyone who gives you attention....

...

Was my mic on?"

surrender said on December 19, 2013 at 11:58 a.m.

So tired of these two man-children

Jufo said on December 19, 2013 at 12:10 p.m.

I love the Cross Counter guys and wish them all the best. What I wanna know is how can they sell this material all of a sudden? Didn't they receive a cease and desist order some time ago for selling similar stuff? I believe this was also the reason for not including game footage on Fighting Game Mastery.

Him said on December 19, 2013 at 12:25 p.m.

wow. They said 30 minute clips on youtube every sunday and you complain about paying for it? IT'S STILL FREE! LOL. Be patient for the free content, or just buy the cheap ass fee for everything at once. It isn't going anywhere lol

ExcellentYong said on December 19, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.

Idiots like you do realize that this is coming out for free and only those who wants to support can pay for it and get it early right?

afreytes said on December 19, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.

I kinda see it as buying Ryan or Mike a beer. Wouldn't you do that?

RedRapperSux said on December 19, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

This is only worth money if Gootecks is going to consistently keep up with acting. Eventually Gootecks whole demeanor will change after get bodied so much and it gets a little boring having Mike Ross pick up the pace every time. Some might argue that is part of it, but I like it more when Gootecks is always into it, which he won't be.

warriors said on December 19, 2013 at 12:48 p.m.

good luck gootecks and midke

at first i was like who would pay for this
then i saw the price ... its only 5 dollars

i hope many people will buy them

i also think "For only 5 USD ..." should have been part of the title
for this post and any post or ads about this

elecshield said on December 19, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

It was pretty satisfying to watch. Good stuff

Akua said on December 19, 2013 at 1:55 p.m.

I came to the comment section expecting hate. Pleasantly surprised.

Chris_P_Links said on December 19, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.

Bought to support mike n goo but I'll still prolly just end up watching it split up On you tube cuz I like the short segments with a wait in between....keep Makin more guys!

seanyd said on December 19, 2013 at 2:07 p.m.

this is only slightly amusing and i would hardly call any of the excellent adventures "quality entertainment".

but ive wasted way more than 3 bucks on less

chipndip said on December 19, 2013 at 2:08 p.m.

1) It's free on Youtube in like...THREE FKING DAYS.

2) They're grown adults. They either charge for this so they can keep doing it, or they don't and when they complain about being poor, people here start going "They should get a job and stop trying to support themselves with video games".

3) The 2 points above is why you got downvoted so hard.

Cylentkila said on December 19, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.

Guys....Just go ahead and pay the 2.99. We can't always have everything for free and this is the least we can do for them. ALL HAIL MICKY ROSS AND TRUETECKS!!!!

Roza said on December 19, 2013 at 2:27 p.m.

Bought this straight away been waiting the whole year for this! these guys brought me into the FGC I want to pay them back!

OhYouDontSayThat said on December 19, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.

inb4 ppl whine about money- oh too late

Eddie_Dominguez said on December 19, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.

4.99 to own????? I'm all over this. I love supporting these guys.

NewPlayer said on December 19, 2013 at 2:58 p.m.

"Rush Hour" stream event on friday is for me no. 1 right now. but ill be glad to support this too!

JRXP2011 said on December 19, 2013 at 3:07 p.m.

Looks pretty funny meng, I'm hype to check it out. Take my money MIC ROSS

capra said on December 19, 2013 at 3:19 p.m.

pirate bay pls

Eye_of_Orochi said on December 19, 2013 at 3:22 p.m.

Good to see some people finally getting over the cheapskate gimme gimme mentality that plagues the gaming world.

chipndip said on December 19, 2013 at 3:34 p.m.

Agreed X 1 jillion

Or if you would rather have a real number: 10

seanyd said on December 19, 2013 at 3:34 p.m.

i want all these people who complain to start naming everything they get for free. after they realize that in truth they get nothing for free maybe they will see that they should not bitch about this being a few god damn dollars. Not to mention, on youtube this weekend.

DiabloSangron said on December 19, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

I bought it, and it was worth the five dollars for the stream/download options. I have seen the first 40 minutes and it's great to see the dynamic duo in action again. So far, Mike hasn't used his main chicken, but gootecks has only had success with his two main chickens!
Mike is showing that he knows SFIV inside and out, especially in the reads that he does in the video.

MichaelDMcGrath said on December 19, 2013 at 3:52 p.m.

Hey guys, like 44:00 minutes in they start talking about someone popping off thinking they won when they lost earlier in the year in Marvel, but I don't know what they're referring to. Anyone care to fill me in?

Sage_Liebert said on December 19, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.

The show would really work if arcades were still alive in america. Adventures to different arcades playing random players would be golden. The dialogue, atmosphere, and possible random fights that could happen.

Wavathar said on December 19, 2013 at 6:33 p.m.

I'd totally buy it if Paypal had accepted my card. D;

Next year I'll purchase it for sure. For now, I'll just wait for the free content.

Great work, Gootecks and MRoss!

spotlesseden said on December 19, 2013 at 6:37 p.m.

cananda Cup is only like $8 for 3 days events, nobody supports it. No we lost a high level international tournament.

This is only 2 hours for 2.99 to rent and 4.99 to own.

xcrumpetsx said on December 19, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

dizzysamurai said on December 19, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.

Take my money!!!!!!
Fuq n love these guys!!

dizzysamurai said on December 19, 2013 at 7:10 p.m.

dick move bro

xcrumpetsx said on December 19, 2013 at 7:23 p.m.

why?

dizzysamurai said on December 19, 2013 at 7:28 p.m.

it's just some hater ass sh1t to do..
everything you said is based off of YOUR OPINION
which is koo and i wuld never knock but,
MY OPINION is
it's a dick move...

Hope_Cigarettes said on December 19, 2013 at 7:37 p.m.

Wow, what a piece of s.hit you are
They`re going to release it for FREE anyway

xcrumpetsx said on December 19, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

i really dont see how i am hating on anything. i love this new episode, and have loved all the past episodes.

Its just hard for me to sit back and watch Gootecks tell us to pay for something if we want it right now, when he has previously talked about how he doesnt feel like the community should be neglected of content. do you not remember when he made an effort to give us great content, then capcom, said "NAH TAKE IT DOWN!" he was all upset an felt like we all deserve it, and couldnt understand how capcom were all about making money on his content.

dizzysamurai said on December 19, 2013 at 7:53 p.m.

i understand what you are saying i really do but,
imo the 2 situations are different and cannot be compared
and it seems like it's more about it being a personal attack on PogChamp instead of you feeling the content should free.
you contradict yourself and give two completely different reasons for uploading...

"i feel this content should be shared for free, as the FGC deserves content like this for fun, and not only cause it's the festive season, but because it reminds us of why we should enjoy the game, and appreciate the efforts that our favourite players go to, to entertain us, and have fun with us. "
your quote

"All im waiting to see, is if Gootecks thinks its not cool. cause if he does, then he's a hypocrite"

"if you think me uploading this video for everyone to see for free, is a dick move, then fine. "

also your quote

comparing Gootecks to Capcom i feel is far fetched apples/oranges

and its nothing personal against you my man i just think ur reasons make posting this link

a dick move...

perfume said on December 19, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

He's not neglecting the community of content. They're releasing the episodes for free starting in a few days. Don't be an ass.

uguumachine said on December 19, 2013 at 8:31 p.m.

xcrumpetsx? more like xscumpetsx.

Zain23 said on December 19, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

just saw the episodes, not as entertaining as last years. mostly due to the numerous amount of times they played with REALLY laggy people. They knew that person would lag yet still faced them over and over. Kinda disappointed, hopefully the future episodes during next year are more interesting.

irrenmann said on December 19, 2013 at 9:46 p.m.

Rented and enjoyed it—especially the Brolylegs fights and the good news they share near the end!

hijahijo said on December 20, 2013 at 2:42 a.m.

I'm going to get this... on Christmas Day! It would be a nice tiny gift for myself after all the holiday exhaustion.
I would give $5 even if only 30mins of it was funny.

For those who don't get it, quality content = genuinely funny, ymmv.

MrMianki said on December 20, 2013 at 3:12 a.m.

21st is my birthday so I'll get this as an early birthday present ^.^

kansas said on December 20, 2013 at 8:05 a.m.

Good Stuff for the Holidays.
Thx for Feeding the fiends!
lol SMH@ kickin Dai Minh Yon.