Poll: Which 6 games do you most want to see on the official EVO 2014 line up?

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • December 16, 2013 at 4:59 p.m. PST

While it was confirmed that Ultra Street Fighter 4 will be on the official EVO 2014 line up if Capcom releases it in early June, which they have planned, we won't be receiving information on the remaining games until January of next year. So while we wait, one of our readers gave us the idea to run a poll asking which games you all want to see at EVO next year. Thanks, DevilMaySpy!

Below, we have listed all of the main fighting game titles currently featured in tournament play, and we are giving you the option to select 6 different games.

If there is a title we missed, or you'd just like to see something else played that wasn't listed, hit the "Other" option, and let us know which game you chose in the comments section.

Hit the jump, cast your votes, and let your voice be heard!

Which 6 games would you most like to see played at EVO 2014?

1. Ultra Street Fighter 4: 1973 votes / 12.7%
17. Soul Calibur 5: 298 votes / 1.9%
18. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: 287 votes / 1.8%
19. Mortal Kombat 9: 256 votes / 1.6%
20. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: 215 votes / 1.4%

Total votes: 15,566

Voting has closed

Comments

xShonuffx said on December 16, 2013 at 5:02 p.m.

No Wii U Smash?

Rambro said on December 16, 2013 at 5:03 p.m.

lol kof

MajinTenshinhan said on December 16, 2013 at 5:04 p.m.

Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, King of Fighters 13, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Persona 4: Arena.

Also @1, people who think Wii U Smash will be out Q1/Q2 2014 are deluding themselves. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. :(

darkdragon88 said on December 16, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

I think just earlier today they just announced a delay of the release.

put_Garuda_in_SFIV said on December 16, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

Capcom vs SNK 2

Freyzii said on December 16, 2013 at 5:05 p.m.

Lets go Ultra, Ultimate, Injustice, TTT2 SFxT and Skullgirls!

Noocta said on December 16, 2013 at 5:06 p.m.

Isn't it 100% certain we will have USF4 and not AE2012 at EVO 2014 ?
Not sure I can take one more year of AE...

SirRetro08 said on December 16, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.

Why not KOF? That game is really fun and brings up major hype. Did you not see the top 8's for the past 2 EVO's?

Eye_of_Orochi said on December 16, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

USF4, Melee, SFxT, KOFXIII, BBCP, Other: JoJo's

SirRetro08 said on December 16, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

I call KOF the Mexican-Korean War. Mainly, that's who all I see going at the most XD.

cnorw00d said on December 16, 2013 at 5:12 p.m.

x men cota, x men vs street fighter, marvel super heroes vs street fighter, mvc 1, mvc2, umvc3

lord_robbyshin said on December 16, 2013 at 5:15 p.m.

Ultra SF4, X Tekken, Injustice, Blazblue CP, Skullgirls and DOA5U.

Dodoria said on December 16, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.

while voting, i realized that 3D FG have been kind of... dead at their communities, TTT2 this year has almost been unheard off unless it's WNF or that Philly major.
VF5 had it's run, but after the major that happened at WNF when Fuudo came, the community for the game suddenly disappeared.
SC5 same, 8WR still plays it? i have no idea.
DOA5 .. well.. i got nothing here lol, game got featured a lil' bit at WNF then gone.
Injustice.. i'm not a fan of the game artistically, but my personal opinion it not the point, the community towards the game has been downhill seems to me.
KI is good to go, but next year i'm not so sure about it.

Ninjagoon said on December 16, 2013 at 5:17 p.m.

Ultra Street Fighter 4, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Killer Instinct , King of Fighters 13, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma. I think thats a good balance.

Enter4none said on December 16, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

LOL! funny but it's TRUE! ~ anyway, I love King of Fighters from the very first one (KOF94), still play it and watch all the tourney streams that will have it... will keep it as a collectible after the X360 finally croaks, same goes for P4A (not sure if I'll buy the Ultimax version, we'll see).

Hopefully EVO14 will have it once again.

julio_anima said on December 16, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

Ultra, SFxT, KoF, BlazBlue, Persona, and Other: Xrd (one can only wish)

EnsignHiro said on December 16, 2013 at 5:18 p.m.

Doa5u
Ultra sf iv
umvc3
kof13
melee
ttt2

Existent said on December 16, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.

I know it won't happen, but I would kill to see VF at Evo again. People need to see what they're missing.

USF4
KI
VF5FS
GGXX
Kof

Spaulding said on December 16, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.

I want SF3.3 or Garou mark of the wolves !!! That games are just so awesome at high level!!!

DannyBoyPERU said on December 16, 2013 at 5:20 p.m.

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Gerk said on December 16, 2013 at 5:23 p.m.

Street Fighter II Rainbow Edition

Dodoria said on December 16, 2013 at 5:23 p.m.

I think ttt2 shouldn't be featured at this year's evo, I was there and the tournament was so meh, no one genuinely cared about it, and the game has been downhill since then. I love the game tho.
My picks were USF4, UMvsc3, GGXXAC, BBCP, SMBM, KOF13

RagingDemon said on December 16, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

I disagree with USF4 personally. There's only going to be a month to pick up and learn the game. This is especially the case if the game is going to be released mid or late June (correct me if I'm wrong because I don't recall if I saw the actual release date). Besides, the retail and PC versions are going to be released in August, and people who use the latter aren't going to have a lot of resources to train up for the new version. I think EVO should just run AE 2012 one more time.

Gerk said on December 16, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

Voted USF4, KI, Skullgirls, GGXX, KoF '13, and SC5.

Real fightan.

shadowhumane said on December 16, 2013 at 5:28 p.m.

usf4 blazblue kof gg ki im not gonna watch marval i know who gonna win

Gerk said on December 16, 2013 at 5:29 p.m.

Isn't there a six-months rule for Evo anyway?

LunaSlave said on December 16, 2013 at 5:29 p.m.

VF5FS deserves its day in the sun. Best 3D fighter of this generation.

Wardog said on December 16, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.

Hey, take the Capcom games off the list cause those games already got that stamp already. Let's see other people option. Thanks

My thoughts about this poll is...

They should put in all games for more variety (especially the new games)... this shouldn't be Cap EVO Com. Capcom games shouldn't be on the list cause those games already got the "in for sure" stamp... other games need to get some shine. Just my two cents

massi4h said on December 16, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.

Normally I'd put TTT2 on my list straight away cause I think it deserves a spot at the world's biggest fighting game comp. But after seeing almost no interest for it in the last few years, I don't think it should come back. The DOA5 series actually has players coming out to majors for it, even when it didn't get picked for Evo.

ToastyDMY said on December 16, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.

Why are people voting for a game thats coming out 2 MONTHS, an estimated 60 days, 1,440 hours before EVO happens is beyond me.
Lets go Marvel/Melee

Gerk said on December 16, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.

Best 3D fighter...As much as it pains me to state, that isn't saying a whole lot at all.

AugustAPC said on December 16, 2013 at 5:31 p.m.

- Ultra Street Fighter IV
- Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Injustice
- Killer Instinct
- Tekken Tag 2
- BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma

King of Fighters XIII was hard to leave out, but it's had a reasonable run at Evo. I honestly wish I could watch all these games, though.

EX35 said on December 16, 2013 at 5:32 p.m.

Hmmmm...the current leaders I predicted, but I'm surprised SFxT is up there. Did people stop hating on the game? I never played the game before, so I can't form an opinion on it. Is the game being more accepted into the community? I'm genuinely curious about this. Is the game worth playing?

massi4h said on December 16, 2013 at 5:32 p.m.

I picked UMVC3, KOF13, SSBM, DOA5U, BBCP and P4A (SF4 will win regardless)

Zoler said on December 16, 2013 at 5:32 p.m.

MELEE LET'S GO!

MistaX said on December 16, 2013 at 5:32 p.m.

Personally I would like to see:
USFIV
KOFXIII
BBCP
GGXXAC+R
Skullgirls
P4A

massi4h said on December 16, 2013 at 5:33 p.m.

Also I think SFxT still deserves a spot, I love playing that game, I just hate watching it.

vladgd said on December 16, 2013 at 5:33 p.m.

ultra, umvc3, kof13, ttt2, sc5, and "other"

Other because why the heck is hdremix on there over super turbo?

Tournament of Legends was hype man, make it happen again!

jme said on December 16, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

Do people really need to vote for SF4 and Marvel 3?

Papinguim said on December 16, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

I said USF4, SFxT, Melee, KI, KOF, and Persona. Persona was pretty great last year even though I'm terrible at it.

NoizyChild said on December 16, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

Do you really need to include Marvel and SF in the voting process? We all know they'll be at EVO no matter what.

Now let's look at our choices:

AE will be obsolete at EVO, so no sense in even having that on the list.

Injustice will most likely make a return.

SFxT MIGHT, but unlikely. Too many people hating on it, not to mention a lack of character variety.

KI is a definite.

KOF is damn near dead.

HDR is a no go. People would rather just play ST instead, and that'll be a side tourney.

Not enough people give a damn about GG, unless Xrd is out by then, in which case it'll definitely make the lineup.

TTT2 is dead. Same for DoA and SC5.

Nobody plays VF. Nobody plays BB.

Skullgirls is going to be yet another side tournament.

P4A is pretty much on life support.

Melee has a better chance than Brawl, but if Smash Wii U is out by then, it has a chance as well.

MK9 has vanished from the planet. No reason to even include it on the list.

Every other random game that people might list is guaranteed side tourney material, IF enough people even bother to show up for it.

So, here's your most likely lineup for EVO 2014:

Definites:

USF4
Marvel
Injustice
Killer Instinct

Maybes:

Xrd
SFxT

Unlikely:

Everything else.

Good night, folks!

ChessDragon said on December 16, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

Yatagarasu T_T

KrazeHonkey said on December 16, 2013 at 5:36 p.m.

USF4, UMvC3, KoF13, Skullgirls, Melee, JoJo ASB

JiFoJoka said on December 16, 2013 at 5:45 p.m.

No Project M? D:

KingKong said on December 16, 2013 at 5:45 p.m.

Tough choice, I'd like to see something like
USF4
UMVC3
SFXT
KI
KOF
A good mix of competition and hype imho. Also KI because hey, why not

Posthuman15 said on December 16, 2013 at 5:45 p.m.

Me too.

DarkosStrife said on December 16, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

SFxT, TTT2, KOF13, GGXXAC+R, USF4 and KI

kingkwasia said on December 16, 2013 at 5:48 p.m.

I forgot about wiiu smash. I need a vote redo

put_Garuda_in_SFIV said on December 16, 2013 at 5:48 p.m.

Was there ever any tournament of any of the four first games you mentioned? Also, you forgot Marvel Super Heroes ¦)

jme said on December 16, 2013 at 5:50 p.m.

Everyone saying "why is KOF there" Needs to stay free forever.

Also why is Staring contest not there? GF would be Floe vs Big E.

Innovation said on December 16, 2013 at 5:52 p.m.

Injustice isn't a definite anymore, it's interested has waned, so unless they pay EVO off again they are certainly not a definite. Smash/Melee is not unlikely considering how big it is, in fact it is very likely.

j8slim said on December 16, 2013 at 5:53 p.m.

So based on this poll, people would rather see Bushido Blade 2, Kabuki Klash, or Bloody Roar: Primal Fury than MK9. Sounds about right.

yes4me said on December 16, 2013 at 5:55 p.m.

Tsk... DOA5 nor SC5 will not win =(

fang said on December 16, 2013 at 5:56 p.m.

MvC2 and CvsSnk2??

YoraiDragon said on December 16, 2013 at 5:57 p.m.

USF4, DoA5U, Skullgirls, Guilty Gear, and KoF13

Krisp said on December 16, 2013 at 6:02 p.m.

I thought this was actually to decide and as a smash player I said to myself "I'm not paying another damn dollar when we've got MLG back" but hey, if we're voting then melee and MvC2.

roll said on December 16, 2013 at 6:03 p.m.

Where is the arcana heart 3?

Problem2 said on December 16, 2013 at 6:05 p.m.

Melty Blood please? <3

BoscaBat said on December 16, 2013 at 6:06 p.m.

USF4, Injustice, TTT2, DOA5U, SC5 and VF5FS.

samuraihachi said on December 16, 2013 at 6:07 p.m.

USF4, DOA5U, VF5:FS, TTT2, UMVC3, KOF13

JRXP2011 said on December 16, 2013 at 6:07 p.m.

USF4
Marvel
Injustice
Killer Instinct

NoizyChild said on December 16, 2013 at 6:11 p.m.

I actually forgot to add Smash to the Maybe list. Thanks for catching that.

But Injustice will definitely be there. The NRS community won't let EVO happen without them having some representation. Interest may have waned, but they still have a strong enough community to actually have a main game spot at EVO.

Kira_Timmy said on December 16, 2013 at 6:19 p.m.

Usf4
SSB Brawl
SSB Melee
Soul calibur 5
SF2 Turbo HD Remix

AugustAPC said on December 16, 2013 at 6:19 p.m.

I still really like watching MK9 (although there's really not any competitive fighters I don't like watching), but I do think that if MK9 wasn't so imbalanced, it'd be a lot more fun to watch.

ClaytonSamus said on December 16, 2013 at 6:23 p.m.

I'm proud to see the SFxT love!

ShadowGeno said on December 16, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.

Want to see Injustice, KI, Melee and possibly Smash 4 (if it´s released by then).
Voted for Ultra as well because that´s pretty much a given.

Lockm said on December 16, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.

USFIV
UMVC3
KOFXIII
KI
Melee
These are all locks i think...maybe not kof though but damn that game is fun.
Last one is a 3d fighter, have to go for doa5u, it also will get an arcade release in japan and i belive the players do show at tournies more so than other 3d fighters. Lastly the game is f2p at psn and is played alot. Lots of people will watch it. That aside the other 3d fighters had their chance and this is definately a great game.

Wish there were 8 games though. That would have been perfect. Bb and or gg also.

Wa1rior said on December 16, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.

No one cares lol

GamesMessiah said on December 16, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.

Soul Calibur II HDO anyone ? :/

SirRetro08 said on December 16, 2013 at 6:27 p.m.

Heck yeah! I still play '98-99 as well. I also play Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury series.

KataM said on December 16, 2013 at 6:28 p.m.

It's time to give DOA a chance.

USFIV, UMvC3, SFxT, TTT2, KoFXIII and DOA5U.

MrPFloyd said on December 16, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.

3rd strii-ohwait

NoizyChild said on December 16, 2013 at 6:31 p.m.

Lol.....gotta love the trolls on this site.

Anyway, now I have to update my EVO 2014 Prediction list.

Definites:
UMVC3
USF4
Killer Instinct
Injustice

Maybes:
Xrd
Smash
SFxT

Unlikely/Side Tourney Tier:
Everything else.

roknin said on December 16, 2013 at 6:33 p.m.

But setting oneself up for massive disappointment is like, Internet 101 man!

In all seriousness I seriously doubt it anyway, Sakurai has already said the spring release was a mistake so likely a fall release (as expected), and I prefer it that way since I don't want them rushing to fart out a game just to try to "save" the Wii U.

Make sure the game is solid.

As for my vote on the poll... SFxT and KOF are no brainers for me... rest is a secret :3

ReddChief said on December 16, 2013 at 6:34 p.m.

KoF, Smash & KI in the top 5 lol people gotta be trolling or something

Jayson619 said on December 16, 2013 at 6:37 p.m.

Use PS3 or PS4 only!

Stop using Training Stage and losers must stop insisting to use the Xbox 360 bcos PS# HAS NO LAG!!!!!

kuroi_aima said on December 16, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.

USF4, JOJO ASB

Keyblade said on December 16, 2013 at 6:41 p.m.

Persona 4 Arena, Injustice, Tekken Tag 2, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Killer Instinct and King of Fighters.

NoizyChild said on December 16, 2013 at 6:44 p.m.

If you're gonna troll, at least put some effort into it.

MarthFE said on December 16, 2013 at 6:44 p.m.

MarthFE said on December 16, 2013 at 6:50 p.m.

Uh... That was an accident, sorry. Someone can delete that.

Why do people think smash wii u will be ready to go for evo... I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for summer 2014

senortesta said on December 16, 2013 at 6:50 p.m.

Is project M at all a possibility?

SoftShocks said on December 16, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.

USF, marvel, kof, persona, igau, mk.

Terrorbyte said on December 16, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.

SSBM
USF4
KOF13
UMVC3
BB:CF
SC5

SgtKonus said on December 16, 2013 at 6:52 p.m.

USF4 and KOF XIII for being international games that I love playing competitively and watching.
Smash for proving itself last year in both views and numbers.
KI for it being fun to watch and play. Plus it's always good for an American tournament to have an American Fighting Game :) especially with there being 4 on the market now.
Marvel for hype and rivalries.
Tekken because 3D needs love.

wfallninja said on December 16, 2013 at 6:54 p.m.

Some games it doesn't, but I have to say I find P4A screen freezing A LOT during matches with a lot on the screen. So the PS3 has it's quirks.

Smellyhobo101 said on December 16, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

SSBM

GamesMessiah said on December 16, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.

Street Fighter IV is fine, out of the two I'd rather see UMvC3 disappear in all honesty.

Strawburry said on December 16, 2013 at 6:58 p.m.

I don't really care unless CP is in it. After the 49 teams in the 3v3 at NEC I think it'll be interesting

Sensei544 said on December 16, 2013 at 7:02 p.m.

Ultra, UMVC3, KOF, Melee, Killer Instinct, and Other.

The other being Third Strike.

Link69 said on December 16, 2013 at 7:04 p.m.

Melee <3

arcadifvid said on December 16, 2013 at 7:06 p.m.

ehh vote button greyed out.. anyway just my preference though most are unlikely...
TTT2
KI
DOA5U
SFxT
Project M
TVC

illSim said on December 16, 2013 at 7:08 p.m.

kof should be in it. has been the hypest top 8 two years in a row. bala please

Deadpoolbub said on December 16, 2013 at 7:08 p.m.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Killer Instinct
Injustice
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mortal Kombat 9

xShonuffx said on December 16, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.

I'm not. But the article is asking what WE want as a matter of opinion not fact. It should be there regardless and I think you should put it. I would like it if it was there. Don't attack the voter.

Bloody_hado said on December 16, 2013 at 7:11 p.m.

Ultra Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter X Tekken, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Instinct , Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown.

KI is the one I want to see the most

IntuitionImpulse said on December 16, 2013 at 7:13 p.m.

You don't think KOF is even a "maybe"? Now who's trolling..

Tryken said on December 16, 2013 at 7:14 p.m.

Can we get Third Strike on this list? I'd like to show that many, MANY of us still love and adore that game and would love to see it represented.

Innovation said on December 16, 2013 at 7:17 p.m.

Are you trolling? Because they are quite likely to make it no matter how much you don't like it.

jme said on December 16, 2013 at 7:20 p.m.

Jesus Christ how can people be denying KOF's relevance?

SF4 Marvel and KOF were top 3 games at EVO the past couple years. Melee beat is last year though but do you think that one year is just gonna out perform it till the end of time?

Load more comments