Ken, Cody, and Guy Ultra Street Fighter 4 changes demonstrated using SSF4 AE v2012 PC mod - shows delayed wake up, and more

Posted by DreamKing23
December 11, 2013 at 9:26 a.m. PST

KingBlackToof continues to adjust his Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 mod on the PC in order to incorporate the Ultra Street Fighter 4 changes seen in the location test build of the game.

In today's batch of videos, we get to see most of the currently reported changes for Cody, Guy, and Ken. Additionally, KingBlackToof has added in a rough delayed wake up mechanic, and shows it off in the Cody and Guy clips. The delayed wake up will likely undergo some tweaks as more information is released.

Hit the jump to check out the footage.

Cody

- Cody's Crouching Medium Kick (slide) attack is now -2 on block.

- Crack Kick (Forward Heavy Kick) is now airborne from the first frame.

- Knife Throw is armor breaking.

- Regular Zonk Knuckle can be Red Focus cancelled.

- Cody's backdash now has better distance, increased by 15%.

- EX Criminal Upper now has strike invulnerability up until the frame before the attack begins.

- Last Dread Dust now reaches further on startup, but damage is down to 466, from 506.

- Super will always get full hits.

- Bad Stone charge can now be released at any time, using the most recently passed level of charge.

Guy

- Guy's walk speed is faster.

- Crouching medium punch hitbox has been reduced, and can no longer be used as an anti-air.

- EX Hurricane Kick has a larger hit box, but start up increased from 4f to 6f.

- Increased range on second hit of his Ultra 1.

- Elbow Drop can no longer be ducked under with certain moves.

- Kamaitachi (Down-Forward Heavy Kick) startup reduced to 9 frames, from 11 frames.

- Neck Flip (Heavy Kick followup on Run) startup increased to 5 frames from 3, hitbox increased.

- Elbow Drop downward hitbox increased.

- Second hit of his Target Combo has had its downward hitbox increased.

- Sudden Stop has 1 frame less recovery.

- Heavy Hozanto has 2 frames quicker startup.

- Far Standing Heavy Kick active frames increased from 3 to 5.

- Far Standing Light Kick hitbox improved.

Ken

- Movement speed is faster.

- Close Standing Medium Kick hitbox expanded downward so it hits crouching characters now.

- Crouching Hard Kick start up is now 7f.

- Fireball damage increased by 10.

- Toward + Hard Kick is -1 on block.

- Ultra 1 non-cinematic damage increased by 30.

- Ultra 2 hit box of first hit expanded forward.

- Forward+Medium Kick and Back+Medium Kick have both gotten +1 more frame of advantage on block.

Be sure to check out the rest of the reported Ultra Street Fighter 4 changes, here.

Comments

yes4me said on December 11, 2013 at 9:35 a.m.

PC FTW! Thanks for the hard work

McAl said on December 11, 2013 at 9:38 a.m.

Awesome work, keep it up.

DannyBoyPERU said on December 11, 2013 at 9:42 a.m.

Cody with that backdash would be just fine !

shinra358 said on December 11, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

Red focus cancelling does not take 4 bars. The red focus takes 2 bars and the cancelling still takes 2 bars. Saying that the red focus cancel takes 4 bars is very different. Get it right :P

r0my5 said on December 11, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

Guy's elbow and TC have NOT been buffed (fixed). Those changes were reverted because apparently they would have made Guy "too strong" (mid tier)

Rameo said on December 11, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.

He doesn't need to have long range target combo. It will make him too derpy.

SeaJay said on December 11, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.

pretty sure that's what he meant, ya douche

Existent said on December 11, 2013 at 10:48 a.m.

Nothing about him would be braindead. With the way he was designed, Capcom would have to try very hard to make him a stupid character.

Rameo said on December 11, 2013 at 11:15 a.m.

He'd be able to spam target combos with almost zero repercussions at a considerable distance. He'd dominate anybody at mid range because its so easy to hitconfirm.

Nightblade777 said on December 11, 2013 at 11:19 a.m.

I appreciate this guy's efforts, but these aren't exactly the most accurate changes (at least for Guy). For example, while his walk speed did get an increase it is not the same speed as Akuma's. It only increased by about 10%. There are other things in the video that need to be changed too.

As much hard work as this guy put into doing this, I kind of wish he hadn't. The last thing I want to see is people complain that Guy's walkspeed is too fast now (after seeing this video, where this is an incorrect walkspeed) and getting Capcom to revert it back. Just my 2 cents though.

Shinebox said on December 11, 2013 at 11:21 a.m.

There is one change shoryuken's wesbite posted from the change log that eventhubs did not post for Ken. I also found the change in the Ken mod from Kingblacktoof

HP Shoryuken damage changed to (70*50*30) was (70*40*30)

Also his walkspeed backwards is the same. His forward walkspeed is now the same as Ryu's and Rose's (this I tested at Super Arcade)

nicedivot said on December 11, 2013 at 11:32 a.m.

Can you please show Guile next?

Thank you.

DJ405 said on December 11, 2013 at 11:34 a.m.

I can't wait for the Guile changes!

Existent said on December 11, 2013 at 11:37 a.m.

There would be no spamming at all. He can already hit from max range against Cammy or Abel, among others. It -hits- from max range, if the St.MP is blocked the TC misses. As it is now it misses in situations that make him look unfinished, which by the way, he was in original SSF4.

nicedivot said on December 11, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

My bad, you already showed Guile.

samuraix025 said on December 11, 2013 at 11:48 a.m.

try playing Guy and watching your target combo whiff when it looks like it should hit and you get blacsted by dp fadc ultra in return, experience that, then talk about whither or not the TC needed buffing

kentoirc said on December 11, 2013 at 12:03 p.m.

Why does Ken have all buffs?? Gief needs all buff not this fool. And, that sweep is ridiculous. Stupid.

grahamwolfe said on December 11, 2013 at 12:16 p.m.

so shinebox are you saying the above movement changes for ken are wrong?

r0my5 said on December 11, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.

Yes god forbid Guy's weaker target combo that's supposed to hit crouching characters actually hits characters that are crouching.

DevilMaySpy said on December 11, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

NGL Chris will get Ken normalized before release.

sprflyspdrguy said on December 11, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

Thanks for that input, Ken.

TheLaw said on December 11, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.

thats what im saying.... i don't understand how thats " derpy "?

Xul said on December 11, 2013 at 12:42 p.m.

EXBingo said on December 11, 2013 at 12:51 p.m.

I just tested a few things with the Cody mod. Zonk FADC forward is about -3. Shoryuken punishes it.

KingBlackToof said on December 11, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.

Hey there,
It's appreciated, I'll get to changing those things for you post-haste.
I apologise for over-estimating the movement speed buff.
I can change that and, as always, update the mod, add a video annotation during that section clarifying and updating the Video Description Fix Log & README file.

Hopefully no one will still think it's Akuma standard with all those notices.
Sorry again

Shinebox said on December 11, 2013 at 1:01 p.m.

Movement speed is increase is vague because that could mean backwards or forwards, or dash etc etc

His forward walking speed was increased.
His, Dash forward and back and backwards walking speed are the same as AE2012.

The mod has his forward walking speed at .048 (same as El Fuerte and backwards is faster too) this is wrong.

The biggest buff Ken has on that list is Towards + Medium Kick being -1 on block.

Shinebox said on December 11, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.

If it's not a big deal can you fix Ken's walking speed? It's actually the same as Ryu's and I know you made the adjustment on a guess because the change log didn't give specifics.

Thanks alot for these mods BTW!

KingBlackToof said on December 11, 2013 at 1:12 p.m.

Sure I can alter the walkspeed, no problem.
That's forward and backwards walkspeed = Ryus?

KingBlackToof said on December 11, 2013 at 1:54 p.m.

Okay that's been updated in the MOD, annotation on the video, changed the Description & README Fix Log too.
I also added in adjustments to Lv1 FADC Red Focus Crumple and the rough Delayed Wakeup mechanic.

Cheers.

GR_DochHund said on December 11, 2013 at 2:05 p.m.

On an unrelated point of interest... would anyone still be interested in seeing videos of the UMvC3 z-axis glitch? It still works on my version. I'll take requests for what to do and stuff...

era said on December 11, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.

They should make all of Ken's moves be on fire. Including his normals.

Shinebox said on December 11, 2013 at 2:43 p.m.

Correct

Also Yeb figured out what the delayed Wake Up timing is. It's 11 frames.

SpadeHand said on December 11, 2013 at 3:55 p.m.

Yes! I've been waiting for this!

wayofBushinRyu said on December 11, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.

The not being able to duck under his elbow w/ certain moves is pretty good. Glad this was fixed. Guy might see more play now, I can't wait until Ultra so I can sit in the lab and see what I can get away with when playing him. Cody is going to be pretty good as well. Already training myself to get used to the knife so it won't feel funny to use it.

Existent said on December 11, 2013 at 7:28 p.m.

r0my5 already pointed out that that change has since been reverted. As of now the elbow drop is the same.

SpaceDolphins said on December 11, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.

I'm so happy that Cody is getting some useful buffs! Guy's changes are great too. Now my buddy and I can re-ignite our Cody and Guy rivalry

JoneShina said on December 11, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

AH The Guy and Cody rivalry has again awoken!!

SpaceDolphins said on December 11, 2013 at 8:39 p.m.

Well, let's see if we can do something about my boredom...

Sasuga said on December 12, 2013 at 12:21 a.m.

How many frames is delayed wake-up?

Lashimar said on December 12, 2013 at 1:36 a.m.

Change for Cody for me are so right. Why we wait so long?

KingBlackToof said on December 12, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

I implemented it to be 19 extras frames.
However, I have had folks tell me it's longer as well as others tell me it's only 11 frames.

*shrug*

beemann said on January 8, 2014 at 5:15 p.m.

guy's weakness
too many frames when he turn around against a backdoor kick
can be hit out of all his ex
his anti-air super does not connect
has a wide opening after every special move
too many frames when he jumps
took away the range in his medium kick
no window on all ex
needs a off the wall kick
he's from final fight and can't use no weapon like cody
cody special moves are faster than guy
he's not a good juggler
unlike ryu spin guy spin does not hit you from behind