Walk up Ultras, wicked trade combos, ambiguous Flying Barcelona cross ups and more - Sonyono is at it again with a killer Vega

Posted by DreamKing23
December 10, 2013 at 6:27 p.m. PST

The DDNTheStruggle YouTube channel has uploaded another online highlight reel featuring Sonyono in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012. Sonyono has been making headlines lately with his exceptional Ibuki, Chun-Li, and C. Viper play.

In this video, we get to see some very nifty set ups including walk up Ultras, ambiguous cross up set ups using the Flying Barcelona Attack, combos that utilize trades, and more.

If you're a Claw player, you may want to check this video out. Get your note pad ready, and hit the jump to view the highlight reel.

Tips sent anonymously.

Comments

UncleBibby said on December 10, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.

uh, the editing and sound in that video reminds me of like, those Ocarina of Time creepypasta videos.

very creepy

Noocta said on December 10, 2013 at 6:33 p.m.

I know why we don't see Sonyono at tournaments.
The thing is freaking a computer. I mean, look at that execution ._.

XxAngelChunLixX said on December 10, 2013 at 6:42 p.m.

I think I've seen him using Yang before too now that I think about it.

AKumahMatata said on December 10, 2013 at 7:01 p.m.

sonyono going in! guys is amazing!

RedRapperSux said on December 10, 2013 at 7:06 p.m.

Youtube has been mad ass for me lately. Just Youtube though.

The_Big_Boss said on December 10, 2013 at 7:25 p.m.

Isn't there a Vega player named Doctor Claw that is already well known for most of this stuff? Not saying it isn't cool but I think if you've been playing AE for awhile I'm sure you have seen Vega mains do this tons of times.

The_Big_Boss said on December 10, 2013 at 7:31 p.m.

Nvm. Commented before I watched

GodPride said on December 10, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

I've never seen that EX Sky High Claw crossup before.

GordonsBeard said on December 10, 2013 at 8:44 p.m.

These are real neat tech but just utterly awful editing.

rakuko said on December 10, 2013 at 9:26 p.m.

what is this audio....

also, that Tatsu comment in the YT link...

bobalu2 said on December 10, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

The matador side show shines!!!!! Forget striking like a snake when you can outsmart the beast!

Sage_Liebert said on December 10, 2013 at 11:13 p.m.

Daigo vs Jago

Daigo couldn't do anything about Bison scissor kick corner pressure. So, people need to quit acting like you're a scrub if you can't do anything about it. The only way you can get out of it is if the Bison player messes up execution or tries to mix it up.

bawitback said on December 11, 2013 at 12:19 a.m.

the last technique will be quite useful, otherwise everything else nothing new.

Necreon said on December 11, 2013 at 6:51 a.m.

Can't belive it that these stuff are presented as breaking Vega news. I mean.. this is basic Vega tech, nothing special except the walkup ultra which isn't discovered by him.

Eco said on December 11, 2013 at 8:56 a.m.

I hope you all realize that these probably won't work in actual HIGH LEVEL matches?

In case you guys didn't notice, the Vega's opponents kept on mashing Throw Tech OS almost every time(if not every time) they got hit.

What flabbergasted me is that they didn't try DPing through all this "tech" (or at least it didn't show)

KTProsper said on December 11, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

Not true. No level of gameplay is immune to ambiguous setups. Those tech throw setups are very practical also. Sonyoyo trained his opponent to tech his grabs first if you watch how he set it up.

mike_asdfg said on December 11, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.

I must be tired, I read that headline as "wake up ultras" lol

SgtKonus said on December 11, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.

I hope Sonyono comes to tournaments, Smug's recently placing at NEC supports the idea that not all Online Warriors are free :). Plus, I would love to talk shop about Ibuki with hir.

gintoki said on December 11, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

ae 2012 bison pressure is not as great as super bison.

100thMonkey said on December 11, 2013 at 2 p.m.

@12 ermmm I'm quite lost but why was this posted in this section? Wrong thread maybe? That was just completely random.

DarknessFallz said on December 11, 2013 at 2:46 p.m.

This is nuts

T_CHEF said on December 11, 2013 at 4:13 p.m.

lol....me, too

Wavathar said on December 11, 2013 at 6:20 p.m.

Shoutouts to AMY ROUNDHOUSE! Great nickname lol

zinxu said on December 12, 2013 at 5:28 a.m.

This dude sonyono is not even good gets bopped by white gun all the time nah im playing i actually get to play with him pretty often funny dude execution is crazy

Landshark said on December 12, 2013 at 8:37 a.m.

The really poor editing and sound quality messes with my ability to enjoy this video. I just wish the editing could match the Vega skills therein.

MF_BEATZ said on December 12, 2013 at 11:20 a.m.

lol

MF_BEATZ said on December 12, 2013 at 11:20 a.m.

this is sick