Project M 3.0 officially available now, free download - 41 characters, new modes, and more, in-game and alternate outfit screen shots

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • December 10, 2013 at 12:44 p.m. PST
The revered Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod, Project M, has officially released their 3.0 update that includes a ton of content. All 41 characters are now playable, Turbo Mode can be selected, and there are numerous alternate costumes and colors for you to check out.

Additionally, the Project M team has posted a full list of changes for each character. Hit the link to check out what improvements and tweaks your favorite character has received from the previous build of the mod.

Below are a set of in-game screen shots, and many of the alternate costumes you'll find in Project M 3.0. Hit the jump to read more.

Click images for larger versions

If you'd like to download Project M 3.0, you can click this link, here. If you do download it, the Project M team encourages you to notify them of any bugs or hiccups you may find. You can do so over on their bug reporting forum post.

Images via the Project M official Facebook page. Tips by mmbbx, Marthmario, Mezerian, xShonuffx, and a few anonymous readers.

Comments

RunnersKnee said on December 10, 2013 at 1:03 p.m.

(o_O)

DannyBoyPERU said on December 10, 2013 at 1:05 p.m.

The helll ????

SirRetro08 said on December 10, 2013 at 1:07 p.m.

Awwwww yeah! Gonna get my Wii from my friends' place and download this.

rongames91 said on December 10, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.

Been waiting for this! It sucks that they decided to release it during finals week ugh! temptations!

kingofthesharks said on December 10, 2013 at 1:12 p.m.

For everyone new to Project M. Here's a tip:

Press up-taunt every time you land Capt. Falcon's knee attack. JUST DO IT.

godfist314 said on December 10, 2013 at 1:33 p.m.

Pirates frequently murdered their victims. Filesharing and/or modding does not include that.

J said on December 10, 2013 at 1:48 p.m.

If only this was available for PAL Wiis.

emmettfmb554 said on December 10, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

IMainDanHibiki said on December 10, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

Wolf looks amazing in his alt...

Marthmario said on December 10, 2013 at 1:55 p.m.

Haha! You all are doomed! The Fire Emblem Trio is on!
I hope we get a stats page. ;)

CyberAthlete said on December 10, 2013 at 1:56 p.m.

I'm really surprised Nintendo hasn't killed this...

Gohikari said on December 10, 2013 at 2 p.m.

I need more wrist straps.

xShonuffx said on December 10, 2013 at 2:32 p.m.

Difficult to kill something that still requires a physical copy of the game. Since its code that builds on top of it, it would be difficult to do a cease and desist. Plus the heat they got for the Smash streaming on EVO probably left a scar.

I have a theory that the recent release date window of Smash Wii U which was announced awhile ago has something to do with this. Hmmmm.

godfist314 said on December 10, 2013 at 2:38 p.m.

Hmm ok that last comment I made was mainly the term piracy not being accurate. I do recognize the great efforts undertaken to make this game. Actually I know very little about the Smash series but this mod of the game looks really great!

BumblebeeCody said on December 10, 2013 at 2:40 p.m.

If you want to spend an hour of your time modding a Wii, it makes it possible to play on a Pal Wii.
Mod your Wii and enjoy Project M.
All you need is a USB and SD Card.

*Obviously not going to post links here.

LuigiFan64 said on December 10, 2013 at 2:42 p.m.

Mr. L ALT for Luigi! So sick!

Silver_ArrowSan said on December 10, 2013 at 3:16 p.m.

If you take a good look at Kirby, you'll notice he's using the scythe instead of Our Boy's sword, and he's using Mewtwo's D-B instead of neutral, never imagined that the PMBR would have difficult with articles :/

ShadowGeno said on December 10, 2013 at 3:27 p.m.

actually looking really awesome right now.

EnsignHiro said on December 10, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.

Game is sweet and works on pc too. Not gonna sau how because I dont wanna get anyone in trouble

Sanox said on December 10, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.

nintendo take notes, lots of notes.

MaysTheCraze said on December 10, 2013 at 5:33 p.m.

Been playing this all day and all I can really say is that it's fantastic. Seriously, if you can, try this mod out for sure.

PrinceBlast said on December 10, 2013 at 5:41 p.m.

can this be played on a laptop...?

EnsignHiro said on December 10, 2013 at 5:50 p.m.

Yes but your laptop better have a dedicated graphics card or else it wont play smoothly. Google or youtube is your best bet.

Ninjanuity said on December 10, 2013 at 6:53 p.m.

3.0 is amazing, a ton of fun to be had here. Whether you're competitive or not, everyone needs to give this a try.

ABSOLute said on December 10, 2013 at 8:07 p.m.

Curses! No PAL version available...

SmokeRulz said on December 10, 2013 at 8:38 p.m.

One of these days I should try this thing out, since my Wii is basically empty and I preserved my save data.

HmpLghtng said on December 10, 2013 at 9:08 p.m.

I don't even play smash bros like that, but not gonna lie it is a new experience worth looking into if you have the time. It's like Brawl with Melee things put in here and there, plus very good combo ability.

robinpup said on December 10, 2013 at 9:15 p.m.

Online play works?

Lonestar451 said on December 10, 2013 at 9:28 p.m.

...so this is the Smash that everyone loves.

Now I understand.

Thank you, Project M. Brawl has been so frustrating.

badjab326 said on December 10, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.

Easily my favorite smash game to date.

ShinAkiraDesu said on December 10, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.

yoo, in there, cant wait to play it at some friends house

MightyAfro said on December 11, 2013 at 12:53 a.m.

Got a couple friends that own this. While I liked how they remade peach's float, Removing ZSamus' tether and replacing with a shoddy space was really annoying

xShonuffx said on December 11, 2013 at 4:03 a.m.

Wow, Star Wolf looks badass.

WendelRebel said on December 11, 2013 at 5:25 a.m.

I run it on my laptop.
It has a NVIDIA Geforce gt 635M graphical card and a i-7 processor (2.40GHz)

I can play and record smoothly with this at the same time.

MannieFresh555 said on December 11, 2013 at 6:06 a.m.

Been a smash fan since the beginning. Although I like brawl more than melee (Ike is my favorite character), I do wanna try this. Its interesting and it kinda feels like its gonna be a whole new smash game. Smash Bros 3.5!!!!!

BrightNoa said on December 11, 2013 at 1:17 p.m.

You do know Ike is in this game right?