Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • December 7, 2013 at 3:54 a.m. PST
Skullgirls to be delisted from PSN on Dec 17th, XBLA Dec 31st by Konami's request, Mike Z explains what is currently being done to preserve the game In a sudden move from Konami, even unbeknownst to Mike Z and the rest of the Skullgirls development team themselves, Skullgirls is set to be delisted from the Playstation Network on December 17th, and from Xbox Live Arcade on December 31st.

Mike Z explains in a stream archive you can find after the jump exactly what this means for players who currently enjoy Skullgirls, and what the team is doing to make sure that the game stays alive through a different publisher.

Reportedly, the Japanese version, which was not published by Konami, is safe from being delisted, as well as the PC version which should remain on Steam with no issue.

Hit the jump for the embedded stream archive to hear what Mike Z had to say.

Mike Z begins discussing the issues at around the 7:20 mark, starting it off with a Final Fantasy 6 (awesome game) analogy to explain the problems the game is currently facing.

While this may come as a shock to most readers, it seems to have come as a shock to the developers as well. We hope that Lab Zero Games can resolve the issues currently circling around Skullgirls, and that the game will not be impacted further from these kinds of problems.

Thanks to Kairosbland, J_Tier, Archive1925, zUkUu and a few anonymous tipsters for sending this in.

Comments

EHubCommentRoyalty said on December 7, 2013 at 3:58 a.m.

CyberAthlete said on December 7, 2013 at 4:05 a.m.

It's dead on consoles

Saikyun said on December 7, 2013 at 4:18 a.m.

Wow, that's so douchy. :S How the heck were they not informed? Silly konami.

Mezerian said on December 7, 2013 at 4:19 a.m.

The bad news never ends for skullgirls, does it?
Here's to Steam not being as taxing to publish on as Microsoft or playstation.

MagnesiumMg12 said on December 7, 2013 at 4:23 a.m.

Wow, I've been denying it because the game is so fun but it really is doomed. What happened? what went wrong? I blame Autumn Games for this shizzit. This really is what good intentions, and fan fulfillment/pandering gets you? No wonder Capcom won't update MvC3.

Sanox said on December 7, 2013 at 4:24 a.m.

geez they just cannot take a break

ihatewhiners said on December 7, 2013 at 4:27 a.m.

what bout all the fans who pumped money into the kickstarter chars only not to long ago....

i know i would be pissed

FalsoL said on December 7, 2013 at 4:28 a.m.

It's a funny game, but the small roster makes it boring in a few days.

TrainTrackJack said on December 7, 2013 at 5 a.m.

.I was actually thinking I'm going to get this game over th weekend on ps3 looks like I might get P4A.

JRXP2011 said on December 7, 2013 at 5:04 a.m.

It's no good, been dead for a long time, stop trying to give CPR to this cadaver.

BeatNinja said on December 7, 2013 at 5:04 a.m.

I'll be right back.

Just gonna... Uh... Cry in a corner... For a couple've years.

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on December 7, 2013 at 5:09 a.m.

Thank god for the pc version and the people who demanded it.

Schwoi said on December 7, 2013 at 5:10 a.m.

aw man this sucks

spambot said on December 7, 2013 at 5:26 a.m.

All the time
on pc though

ShakeTheWorm said on December 7, 2013 at 5:29 a.m.

It's really a shame, even if I don't play much of this game I concider it one of the best games right now.

BlackRain said on December 7, 2013 at 5:30 a.m.

caruga said on December 7, 2013 at 5:50 a.m.

Does delisting it stop it working for those who've already purchased it?

Also for those wondering:

Dravidian said on December 7, 2013 at 6:18 a.m.

I dont think so. TMNT was emoved but can still be played and downloaded by those who already bought it

ArcadeRobot said on December 7, 2013 at 6:25 a.m.

R.I.P 💀 SKULLGIRLS 4/10/12 - 12/17/13

HADdaHUSTLA said on December 7, 2013 at 6:50 a.m.

Even though I'm not a fan of this game personally, I think it was a nice looking game and the gameplay wasn't bad at all. To me, this game was designed by fighting game fans and was distributed to the hardcore fighting game fans. If somebody would have put in the proper monies for advertising this game, I believe it would've survived. I think other fighting games like Killer Instinct is going to suffer the same fate as this very solid game. R.I.P Skull Girls.

BlackRain said on December 7, 2013 at 6:50 a.m.

Nah... it will return on consoles and the PC-Version still lives on.

Baller2765 said on December 7, 2013 at 6:55 a.m.

Console players are forever screwed on this game man. I enjoy the pc release but cant see myself paying for same game again......

Smorgasboard said on December 7, 2013 at 6:57 a.m.

Are people still playing it on consoles though? Seems like PC has been where it's at for months now.

xthedeadrisex said on December 7, 2013 at 7:42 a.m.

ROFL @ "everybody remember to buy Never Dead".

Poor Mike, he's trying so hard to keep his baby alive.

Snickeor said on December 7, 2013 at 7:47 a.m.

Wow, that was sad to hear. I don't really like the general character design (with a few exceptions) and the small roster, but as long as they keep on going with the PC version that's good. I just want to play Big Band.

AveMcree said on December 7, 2013 at 7:53 a.m.

welp I guess I will never see the new characters then..... sucks after donating.... I dont game on the PC or even care to game on my PC.... that sucks

cikame said on December 7, 2013 at 8 a.m.

I have to give them props for trying to keep every option alive, but it sounds like it would be alot easier for them to put all effort into the PC version.

riku45 said on December 7, 2013 at 8:16 a.m.

so what happens to the large amount of money that was donated to add characters to the game?

JiFoJoka said on December 7, 2013 at 8:21 a.m.

Konami has been rather rude to Lab Zero. To those who don't know or forgot, Lab Zero were trying to contact Konami for something like patching or testing for the console build but they were ignored. Therefore Lab Zero broke ties with them. Konami delisting the game sounds like a big slap in the face, both developers and the fans.

Sage_Liebert said on December 7, 2013 at 8:24 a.m.

I bought this on PSN on release. Probably played it about 20 times.

MagStormFilia said on December 7, 2013 at 8:29 a.m.

The IGG donations, and money in general, are irrelevant to this issue. This isn't an issue of money. This has to do with licensing, and Konami is acting like a bitter child.

The donations are paying Lab Zero to work on the content that was promised/funded: 5 characters, voice packs, etc. And as Mike has put it, the donations aren't/or barely "paying the bills." The money is just paying them to work on Skullgirls. It's not like they're financially stable now and don't need to take a second job/project. They're not even receiving profits for any of the sales since the IGG campaign yet, apparently.

riku45 said on December 7, 2013 at 8:35 a.m.

Ah right so the stuff that was promised will still go ahead...they just need to find a new publisher?

Geonettazombie said on December 7, 2013 at 8:38 a.m.

Well this sucks. I've taken a break from the game for a while now but that's because i was waiting for the update. now what am i supposed to do?

stormblazer said on December 7, 2013 at 8:47 a.m.

Mike Z just took everyone's money and ran....

MagStormFilia said on December 7, 2013 at 8:49 a.m.

Yes, everything is still paid for, and will come out.

What I got from the video is console players waiting for the patch are getting shafted again because of Konami's selfish stunt. It just means that the patch might not come out this month.

Apparently, Autumn Games is now the publisher for the PSN version, and Marvelous AQL for the PC/XBOX version. The speed bump is making that official for the consoles, and taking the power out of Konami's hands, regardless if they continue to receive profits. That is an inevitability, and eventually the patch will be out, and hopefully this will be the last of the turd storm that Lab Zero has to deal with in updating Skullgirls.

It's bad enough you have the dumbasses like the ones in this post who can't help but remind everyone they don't like/care for this game. Delays like this are just going to turn off people who ARE interested. That's what happened with me when the XBOX SDE patch came out months after the PSN. I gave up waiting, and didn't want to play an obsolete build, so I didn't touch the game pretty much until the PC beta.

MagStormFilia said on December 7, 2013 at 8:52 a.m.

Give the PC version a try. The graphics can be pretty forgiving on crappy machines. Though, the netcode can't be real ass sometimes.

But, at least you'll be up to date, the community is bigger than the consoles right now, and you'll have access to the beta which means you get to test out Eliza and the other new characters before they get officially released.

MagStormFilia said on December 7, 2013 at 9:02 a.m.

Stupid small edit window.

I meant: The PC netcode CAN be real ass, sometimes.

HooliganComboFTW said on December 7, 2013 at 9:13 a.m.

The irony of an American fighter not available in America, but available in Japan lol

HeatEXTEND said on December 7, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.

Class act Konami -__

ryuhayabusa13 said on December 7, 2013 at 9:39 a.m.

D*ck move by konami. I am a fan of their games, but should have had the courtesy of giving a warning for listing transfer preparations

Wedge said on December 7, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.

Man that whole business with Konami is just a clusterfudgemuffins. PC is the best platform for it anyways, with how they're developing it now. It's super cool they're putting out characters in beta form as they are developed for people to work on. I guess that's not really anything new on PC, but it's not something you see in a fighting game very often.

DontTaseMeBro said on December 7, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.

No, any game that you own, even if you delete it, you can still redownload it from your purchase history.

For example. Anyone remember back when the 8 Character's for Xbox 360's Marvel Ultimate Alliance was no longer an option to buy? Well I had deleted those characters on accident, but because I still purchased them, they were there on the purchase history.

Any game you own, regardless of being delisted will still work online. Unless it's by EA or 2K Sports. lol

Bui said on December 7, 2013 at 9:51 a.m.

Nowadays if a new game isn't golden out of the box it'll be declared dead despite the clamoring to support new indie-games this gen. The reality is most people won't play anything that isn't something already established or not using near high end graphics. Who knows where this game (and many others) could go, it could have gained a dozen new characters in the future and explored new graphics and systems, but we gamers seem to be short sighted.

marcushamster said on December 7, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.

I really did enjoy this game from day 1, but I knew it was never going to make by next year...Seriously, Skullgirl's progress was atrocious, albeit never the developer's fault. But, c'mon, It took them forever to release one DLC character, and they end up releasing her on the PC first; I can us console players getting the short end of the stick here, especially the ones that donated for Squigly's progress.

I understand how the developers went through many hardships and struggles for so much potential with this game, but I can only speak through a consumer's point of view. Took too long, new consoles/fighting games are out--Skullgirls just won't make it. :/

Joutari said on December 7, 2013 at 10:02 a.m.

Konami will sue...again.

marcushamster said on December 7, 2013 at 10:08 a.m.

LOL, Killer Instinct has such great potential, since it's on a new console that the majority of people on looking forward to having. Not saying SG is bad, but compared to DLC promised to KI, SG is pathetic in that category.

xShonuffx said on December 7, 2013 at 10:18 a.m.

Don't get it twisted, Konami no longer supports the game anyways and since this version is under their publishing they want nothing to do with it. has nothing to do with the popularity of the game.

LarsMasters said on December 7, 2013 at 10:31 a.m.

Delisted mean removed, right?

Guybrush20X6 said on December 7, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

Does this mean they can relaunch it later? Please say yes.

TwoBears77 said on December 7, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

And after cutting ties, Konami was no longer obligated to list the game on PSN. It's just business. Skullgirls is a great game. I play it on PC; it is just fantastic. But the business end of things seems to be something that Lab Zero is learning about the hard way. You never bite the dog that is bigger than you.

GodPride said on December 7, 2013 at 10:52 a.m.

An all female cast made this title incredibly niche.

J_Tier said on December 7, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

The difference is...LabZero didn't bite first. Konami had been bullying LabZero ever since they got caught in a crossfire between Autumn Games and Konami's battle.

TwoBears77 said on December 7, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.

Yeah, I get the bad blood, but I am not sure why people would think that Konami would honor the terms of an agreement once Lab Zero broke with the company and, presumably, said agreement. I have no idea why they, or anyone, would be surprised by this. What did they think was going to happen?

MuMuGuy said on December 7, 2013 at 11:10 a.m.

Skullgirls was a piece of crap game since the roster was small and the game itself was an obvious beta, much like KOF12 and IGAU until the latest patch were. Hopefully Skullgirls will die in obscurity.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Skullgirls.

J_Tier said on December 7, 2013 at 11:19 a.m.

Well, the main issue is that Konami had been doing a lot of this behind LabZero's back, not giving them any chance to recoup or figure things out. Here's a more detailed explanation: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost....

CyberAthlete said on December 7, 2013 at 11:30 a.m.

Lol can't handle the truth

TrueGamingGuru said on December 7, 2013 at 11:35 a.m.

I wouldn't jump to KI quite yet since the game just launched, and there is still Season 2 being planned. All I can say is as long as Microsoft doesn't do anything that would ruin KI. Besides Microsoft has done enough, since they had to launch this game during when the Xbox One gets released. Honestly I think other fighter games are already going to suffer, since the genre is no longer a thing when it comes to what mainstream gamers are looking forward to.

Look what happen with TTT2, even if it got positive reviews & was consider the best fighter game by mainstream media groups & majority of fighter fans(which I wouldn't agree, but that's a different story), and had everything that gamers would go for rather than the controversy SFXT DLC business. Sometimes having more characters, content, & solid gameplay means nothing when it comes to the sales.
It first started off 100,000 sales which was really low, and it did get to 1 million sales but it failed in sales expectation. Even Tekken's WTF Online service was shutdown due to lack of players.

TwoBears77 said on December 7, 2013 at 12:20 p.m.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Contrary here, but it seems to me that the main issue at this time is that in the wake of the end of the business arrangement between Autumn Games and Konami, the latter has stopped distributing games via PSN and XBL. Why this, evidently, came as a surprise to parties involved is kind of silly. Did they think that Konami was going to simply continue to distribute the titles out of the goodness of their collective hearts? That's not how it works.

KarbyP said on December 7, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

This is surreal. I just downloaded Skullgirls on the PS3 for free about 12 hours ago -- it's one of the free games this month on Japan PlayStation Plus.

Is this what it feels like to be visited by the spirit of someone who just passed away? 0_0

Eye_of_Orochi said on December 7, 2013 at 12:45 p.m.

Poor Skullgirls :( so much potential just can't go wasted...

irrenmann said on December 7, 2013 at 12:48 p.m.

"Did they think that Konami was going to simply continue to distribute the titles out of the goodness of their collective hearts? That's not how it works."

You're laboring under a misconception. As Mike Z pointed out, Konami gets paid for every copy of the game sold with their name on it. No one was asking them to do anything "out of the goodness of their hearts." As also established, the delisting is very rare (for this reason), and in fact, in the case of games with online play, is unprecedented.

Mac_Gargan said on December 7, 2013 at 1:49 p.m.

WTH is wrong with you people?!

He CLEARLY says that the game is coming back either way. Jeez. Fail basic comprehension much?

Konami...You were a company I had fond memories of, but we are a long way from Goonies and Konamian. I will not be supporting your crappy modern games ever.

HooliganComboFTW said on December 7, 2013 at 2:55 p.m.

Great Summary on the whole Skullgirls development affair.

ChipsLight said on December 7, 2013 at 3:02 p.m.

F.uck Konami

Esquilax said on December 7, 2013 at 4:04 p.m.

Dammit Konami

You make Yugioh super expensive to play then you do this?!

TheTHCGamer said on December 7, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

Its true all Konami really has anymore is the MG games and they've pretty much destroyed every other franchise they have. I really hope a big name publisher picks up SG's and not a horrible one like konami.

meowmeowkittenz said on December 7, 2013 at 4:17 p.m.

The game probably should have been pc only to begin with. MS and Sony are absurdly unfriendly towards indie shops. Lab Zero wasted so much time and money on pushing through that one big patch, especially on xbox. Steam is the way to go for small games like this.

Coocoopaper said on December 7, 2013 at 5:39 p.m.

LOL isn't it obvious? Mike Z stole everyone's money through a donation and used it on his wedding! LMAO

emc said on December 7, 2013 at 6:24 p.m.

yea konami is such a tool, but seriously guys, BUY IT ON PC IT'S PRETTY AMAZING

EnsignHiro said on December 7, 2013 at 7:04 p.m.

R I P skull girls. Its a shame it died on consoles :(

Troidberg said on December 7, 2013 at 7:44 p.m.

I got Skullgirls on my 360 a while back. Though it's not one of my favorite modern fighters (I just prefer 1v1 fighters more than team-based ones) I found it way more interesting than MvsC3, and since they were releasing DLC characters for free and being really damn good to their community I figured I'd spend the measly $15 or so bucks to give them my support.

It sucks that they've been having so much trouble with Konami, who this past gen has just been making pretty terrible decisions in general. I remember Konami being one of the better publishers, but lately I think they've really fallen from grace; the only things they can seemingly do right anymore are Metal Gear games and maybe Castlevania.

Anyway, good luck to you guys and I hope all this crap gets sorted out without too many more problems.

TwoBears77 said on December 7, 2013 at 7:51 p.m.

Of course the game is going to be fine. Autumn Games will either distribute the title themselves or find a new distributer. What annoyed me is the apparent shock on the part of Mike Z and Zero Labs.

Hajiki said on December 7, 2013 at 7:53 p.m.

No, it's NOT! The console version is the true version of the game. The only reason it made it to PC sooner is ONLY because of less red tape they have to go through so you and your PC can go shove it!

PC gaming my look better than consoles but that's literally ALL it has going for it. It will NEVER overtake console gaming.

Consoles and PCs aren't even directly competing you dumb-ass.

Hajiki said on December 7, 2013 at 7:55 p.m.

Dead? Not as long as I'm still playing. So shut about this it's "dead" bulls*it okay? I know it's hard for you to do, but try and *think* next time okay? Ever thought of that?

Shinkutatsumaki said on December 7, 2013 at 7:59 p.m.

Don't give up Mike Z! We all still support you despite all the challenges you face :)

Enter4none said on December 7, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.

Well, guess I ultimately gambled and lost with this game, bought it for my console and supported it during the kick-starter campaign, all in the same day... the Konami thing sounds awful, but sorry, no more support from me, surely no more money, because it didn't pay off on my end of the deal.

applesandwieners said on December 7, 2013 at 9:18 p.m.

Rizhall said on December 7, 2013 at 9:25 p.m.

The question would be, did you even play the game after you got it? I'm getting well over my money's worth on PC.

Enter4none said on December 7, 2013 at 10:09 p.m.

Up to last month.

MagStormFilia said on December 7, 2013 at 10:11 p.m.

I guess the joke is on you? You already supported it. You just wouldn't be downloading it/playing it (which if you're not doing it, I guess you weren't going to do it anyway), which I don't think has a financial affect on them. They're going to release all the content that was funded in the IGG campaign regardless. It's not like you have to buy it again. If you donated, you are already own the game and (I believe) are guaranteed the new DLC. I'm assuming you donated somewhere between $5-$29 because if you donated $30, you'd have the PC version, and you'd be playing the game right now.

Oh, but sure, don't support an incredible indie fighter because they got shafted by the higher ups. That's completely reasonable, and LabZero doesn't deserve your business because of it. /s

Also, you didn't gamble squat, especially if you only donated $5-$29. The people who donated the hundred or even thousand dollar tier donations, and the developers themselves that put their money, time, and effort into this project from the beginning only to get the crap end of the stick...THEY took a gamble. You're just an entitled whiner.

MagStormFilia said on December 7, 2013 at 10:23 p.m.

Seeing as how the console patch that is become an obstacle to release is going to be the current PC build, that means SDE on console is outdated and obsolete. That means PC is the true version of the game. I'm pretty sure that's what people have been running tournaments on.

Smorgasboard was just referring to the 2 different versions of the game, saying console is an obsolete balance and is eventually getting updated, so might as well stay up to date with the PC version. YOU turned it into a PC vs Console competition. I'm assuming you refuse to game on PC, and haven't tried the PC version if you actually think the current console version is the "true" version.

PrinceBlast said on December 7, 2013 at 10:43 p.m.

least i have the game i hope many others buy the game as well..its a really nice game

GiBGUN said on December 7, 2013 at 10:58 p.m.

Konami are a bunch of soulless c*nts. Hope whoever made this happen dies of AIDS.

Enter4none said on December 7, 2013 at 11:57 p.m.

Yeah, obviously I own the game, the "obsolete patched console version" as you say, the version that started it all and the foundation of it's community... so, joke is not only on me, there are many others in similar situations, some who despite not being PC players or that gave away their codes (since already had the console version), donated $30 or way, way more.

LabZero has it's problems, I have mine, they don't take the fall from mine and viceversa, so after getting console news (in a long while) that the future of the "incredible indie fighter" version I own is getting de-listed without any solution in the horizon (or tell me the date for the next 2014 console patch, maybe I missed it amidst my whining), the least thing I'm left with (and others) is the option of dropping it from my playlist.

perfume said on December 8, 2013 at 1:18 a.m.

Mike_Z said on December 8, 2013 at 1:36 a.m.

CORRECTIONS for this:
I am currently working on a new version of the game including Squigly and all the rest of the current Beta changes.
This version will be submitted this week, and if it passes certification it will go live soon after that. It will be a separate game, which means a re-download, but Sony has promised us that if you already own Skullgirls they'll somehow have you still 'own' the new one.
EVEN IF this version does not pass certification before everyone in QA goes home, Skullgirls will be back (as the new game) sometime in January, and consoles will still get all the updates including Squigly/Big Band/Eliza/Beowulf/Robo Fortune.

To all the people with negative things to say about SG, you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make it correct. If you would like to bash someone else's hard work because it makes your life less meaningless, feel free. The rest of us will be enjoying a game that you're too ashamed to try.

TheTHCGamer said on December 8, 2013 at 2:03 a.m.

Exactly ive had more fun with SG's then I have some full priced retail games. Painwheel is one of my favorite character designs in recent memory and to be honest I love the design of the cast in general. The animation is mind blowing and then you have the gameplay to match.

I cant wait what you guys have in store for us seriously. Please make sure that the rest of the DLC and content for the rest of the game is the same quality that you've given us so far.

MarthFE said on December 8, 2013 at 3 a.m.

Yeah I like the game a lot actually. I only had 2 complaints... One being 6-button makes it less convenient for pad players, and two being e small starting roster. However I can overlook that because I don't have to wrack my brain over picking a team, and I've been with blazblue since the start and they added more to it (it started at like 12 and now it's 25 or 26)

I haven't played skullgirls on console in a long time.... Only because I'm waiting on the patch. Keep it up mike and the team, good just and I can't wait!

Smorgasboard said on December 8, 2013 at 4:01 a.m.

Anger translation for the last paragraph:

You are wrong because you said something negative about SG, you piece of sh!t. We deserve only positive feedback because we worked very hard on it. Our lives are better than yours because we are playing a game and you are a coward.

EnsignHiro said on December 8, 2013 at 5:58 a.m.

dont bother feeding the haters. haters will always hate. good to hear that there is still gonna be a way for people to play and what not. i love the art style man!

SuperiorTech said on December 8, 2013 at 9:26 a.m.

so since its essentially a new game we'll have to download i take it i'll have to platinum it again?
does anyone know if the pc version has the gallery mode.
and this game is fantastic , its only real setback is the small roster. alot of the characters they have look awesome. hopefully one day i'll get to run a Fillia, Issac, Annie team (Annie manly because they said she'd play like Sol Badguy).
Hopefully this mean that SG is getting pulled out of that dark,urine soaked hell hole its been forced to endure.

marcushamster said on December 8, 2013 at 9:57 a.m.

I think the PC is the spoiled gaming console, getting Squigly before consoles did.

MF_BEATZ said on December 8, 2013 at 10 a.m.

dang i have to download it ....

marcushamster said on December 8, 2013 at 10:09 a.m.

Man, PC has always gotten everything that us console gamers don't have, makes me irate they have SG and we're getting delisted.

marcushamster said on December 8, 2013 at 10:22 a.m.

Yeah, the majority of people with negative things to say are the console players that feel you gave the shortest end of the stick here. Not saying all of this is your fault, but I think you could have adjust the situation better by working Squigly into the consoles more for the people that contributed in the donation instead of trying to implement the entire game into the PC first.

ryuhayabusa13 said on December 8, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.

I am not the right person to answer, but I do know that it is easier and faster for them to implement the game on pc first since it's the native tool being used to make the game.

Consoles, besides recoding to each platform, they have to deal with sony and microsoft procedure mumbo jumbo,testing approval,quality control, fees, paperwork,etc. They skip a lot of those steps on pc release. (on top of the current problem with the konami stuff)

Krisp said on December 8, 2013 at 11:29 a.m.

This is bull. As a smash player who knows what it's like to have big companies make terrible decisions to hurt people who give them money, I want to help in some way. Get word out or something, Konami has been making a lot of terrible decisions as of late anyways that have been hurting them. All these senile old men are going to run their own companies into the ground.

sarvets said on December 8, 2013 at 11:31 a.m.

Okay so a long time fg player like mike z gets his life in order enough to create a game By fans of fighting games for other fans to enjoy.

now people are acting like its his fault that a corporation is trying to flex on him and being unsympathetic to all the brothers hard work to make a game from the ground up.

Is anyone out there doubting his story about what happened? If not then you should show mercy on the dude I mean damn. Half of the people didnt even support this game to begin with. which in itself to me is just a shame.

I mean damn he just dropped the bomb on his friends and you could tell how bummed out they were. think how he must feel? he said hes runnin on no sleep and said he is going to try to do an unprecedented certification to try and get the game out AGAIN by the holiday break.

look out for your people FGC. I dont know him personally but I know alot of effort went into SG. Why make yourself look so bad by trashing the game or him? He is getting put thru the wringer by konami sony AND microsoft. Somebody care, that cant be fun

ChocolateThunder said on December 8, 2013 at 12:59 p.m.

What I simply want to know is, say everything goes well
It does get removed from PSN and XBLA, and they get their out product number so they can re-release this again, and the current pc version gets approved and can be sold online on psn and xbla. Will I have to pay for it again. I bough the PS3 version cause it had the update at the time and I didn't want to keep playing the inferior version on my xbox so I have currently bought it twice. I didn't buy it day one on pc cause I sat there seriously thinking about would it even be worth it to buy it a 3rd time but I want to play the dlc characters. But If I have to repurchase the game again on psn and xbla I am officially done with this game. I love these guys and I love how this project was so close to the fans who wanted it and such. But I have already put in 30 bucks buying the game twice and then going to put another 15 for the pc (Maybe cause I don't even see anyone playing it near me and I can't get better without other human players to play with and online is not my 1st choice of getting better and playing with people.
I just want to know cause I like skullgirls but I am not about to buy the same game 4 times.

GiBGUN said on December 8, 2013 at 1:50 p.m.

Perfectly calm cheers. Don't even like the game.

Load more comments