Ultra Street Fighter 4 hitting consoles in 'early June', Capcom Cup detailed, may hold a new build of USF4

Posted by Nicholas 'MajinTenshinhan' Taylor • December 5, 2013 at 10:27 a.m. PST

According to a recent post over at Capcom-Unity from Peter "Combofiend" Rosas, Capcom have decided to release Ultra Street Fighter 4 as a downloadable add-on to Street Fighter 4 on XBLA and PSN in early June, priced at $14.99. There will also be a full bundle, for those who don't own the current version, available for both digital and retail purchase at $39.99.

For people playing on PC the game will be available a bit later, in August. To compensate for the wait, the full bundle will be priced $10 lower at $29.99.

Hit the jump to check out the Capcom Cup schedule, and a few more details about Capcom Cup.

Edit: Combofiend also mentioned that the Ultra Street Fighter 4 version they'll be bringing to Capcom Cup may be a different version from the one other regions have gotten to try out during their recent location tests at Super Arcade, DreamHack and in Japan.

Capcom Cup Schedule

9:00AM Doors Open

10:00AM Street Fighter X Tekken Tournament

12:00PM Announcements & Ultra Street Fighter IV Exhibition

1:00PM Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament

3:00PM Clash of the Champions Exhibition

4:00PM Super Street Fighter IV AE: 2012 Tournament

6:00PM Awards and closing ceremony

All times written are in PST.

Thanks to Bleeble, anthonygamer, SquallSaga and DevilMaySpy for sending this in.

Source: Capcom-Unity.

Comments

HighOnPCP said on December 5, 2013 at 10:07 a.m.

god damn PC has to wait again? I thought I was done with PSN street fighter...guess I'll have to go back one more time until august.

SirRetro08 said on December 5, 2013 at 10:09 a.m.

Hmm...so...(this may be a silly question) would it matter if you have the SSFIVAE disc or the SSF4 because I have the latter? I upgraded to AE via add-on, so hoping that I can do Ultra as another add-on.

Valiantheart said on December 5, 2013 at 10:11 a.m.

August? Really has Capcom learned nothing?

meowmeowkittenz said on December 5, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

Isn't gfwl shutting down in July? Is 2012 going to get a steam works patch before then or are pc players going to have no online sf4 for two months?

DannyBoyPERU said on December 5, 2013 at 10:12 a.m.

No PC love?? You gotta be kidding !!!!!

Kalyx_triaD said on December 5, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

"Ultra Street Fighter 4 as a downloadable add-on to Street Fighter 4..."

It's DLC and also eventually retail. So it should piggy back on existing data.

ScarletTerror said on December 5, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

You should be able to upgrade it to ultra with a ssf4 disc, as long you have AE DLC.

king_e_dawg said on December 5, 2013 at 10:13 a.m.

So... nothing mind blowing here, but USF4 confirmed for Evo.

efehs said on December 5, 2013 at 10:14 a.m.

I thought they were gonna say "wants to give people some time to get money" :CCC

SirRetro08 said on December 5, 2013 at 10:16 a.m.

@Kaylx and Scarlett. Ok, thanks. This is like some DLC-ception lol.

fineyoungcanibal said on December 5, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.

pc is waiting again? seriously? jesus christ, give me a break.

xShonuffx said on December 5, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.

Man that's a long time. My hype my go down because of it.

nusense said on December 5, 2013 at 10:21 a.m.

So no 15.00 for people who already own AE 2012 for pc? Guess im skipping this version, after buying Sf4=60 Super=40 AE=15. I hope this game dies soon so sf5 can come out...

CyberAthlete said on December 5, 2013 at 10:24 a.m.

What? Every Version of Sf4 that has come out on PC has been heavily discounted on release and goes on sale like ALL THE TIME (super didn't even come out on PC) 30$ is fine for PC cause they could just go tell PC to go **** itself (I play on Pc and the player base is small as ****) It wouldn't hurt them financially...

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.

I really don't like the while EVO deadline for games but I do understand it for DLC characters. What for example happens if a game makes the deadline but then goes through significant changes via patch? USFIV should be at EVO regardless of when it's released.

put_Garuda_in_SFIV said on December 5, 2013 at 10:26 a.m.

They should make EVO on AE2012 for the last time and leave Ultra until 2015.

My prediction is Daigo would win on AE, but with Ultra, I don't know... too many changes, new tier lists, Ryu isn't looking too good compared to other characters...

Cammystrike said on December 5, 2013 at 10:29 a.m.

Damn I was hoping for like, late March or something. Oh well, since I don't really play Marvel anymore, maybe I'll be half decent in SF by the time this rolls around.

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 10:29 a.m.

Thing is your most likely in the minority since the majority of players want to see USFIV at EVO and so does CAPCOM because it promotes there latest update. AE has had its time to shine its USFIV turn.

nusense said on December 5, 2013 at 10:32 a.m.

i bought all these version on xbox, I gave away my 360 and bought AE for pc.

nitrocan said on December 5, 2013 at 10:32 a.m.

You guys over at Capcom can't seriously expect this game to be at EVO if you're releasing it a month before the event.

"This, says Rosas, is to make sure that people have time to practice the new iteration before EVO 2014, which will be taking place in early July."

Seriously?

put_Garuda_in_SFIV said on December 5, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.

I agree, but the problem here is that EVO will be held on july 11, like a month after Ultra is released. Do you think the top players will have enough time to train and adapt to the new version?

I think that will lead to some weird results in top 8 and finals, since there will be a lot of random/unexpected things related to the new changes and character balancing

Aluppoj said on December 5, 2013 at 10:35 a.m.

You do not need AE to get Ultra.

You can skip from Super to Ultra. The Ultra upgrade will work with your Super disk regardless.

fineyoungcanibal said on December 5, 2013 at 10:35 a.m.

This game is clearly being developed by a skeleton crew. Capcom needs to go bankrupt already and be bought out a real developer so we can have timely updates.

Zanpakto said on December 5, 2013 at 10:35 a.m.

Meh Evo 2014 could have been bigger with ultra sf4 being in Evo 2014, i know its not confirm is going to be at evo or not but i highly doubt it. Damn Pc at august capcom really knows how to keep their word Kappa.

V3N0MB1T3 said on December 5, 2013 at 10:35 a.m.

Well with such a tight schedule I guess this all but confirms Capcom Cup will be a best 2/3 or 3/5 (at most). Wonder if its double or single elim? :/

EstOct101990 said on December 5, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well as long as they make it perfect, but still that is a long wait.

Aluppoj said on December 5, 2013 at 10:38 a.m.

Ultra will Add-On to either version.

H_Magnus said on December 5, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.

As long as there is a chance to pre-order the PC version as well (for the extra costumes), I can wait.

Zanpakto said on December 5, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.

O_O How did i miss this.

Aluppoj said on December 5, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.

Dude, I usually try to stay civil, but please STFU.

If they released it too quickly it'd be called a rush job.

If they take their time to get it right you wish they'd go out of business because your update isn't "Timely" enough.

Laughably pathetic.

Existent said on December 5, 2013 at 10:44 a.m.

They didn't say that you needed AE either. I would imagine all you need is SSF4.

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

Hey things like this could happen regardless did most of us expect PR Balrog to do as well as he fix or that Xian was going to win the whole thing. We might have out favorites but no ones a lock for EVO.

Solidus187 said on December 5, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.

I expected May, so I'm not complaining too much. It's definitely gonna be interesting to have a month-old update played at Evo, though.

fineyoungcanibal said on December 5, 2013 at 10:51 a.m.

Your opinion is laughably pathetic son. It shouldn't take a year to balance a game and copy paste assets from another failed game. Thanks.

nusense said on December 5, 2013 at 10:51 a.m.

Rush job would be the reuse of character models and stages from another game... Oh wait Nevermind....

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 10:52 a.m.

It's obvious he doesn't know what goes into balancing a fighting game and the drastic changes that are being made this time around. Comes out too soon people start complaining about they didn't spend enough time with the update and when developers spend quality time on the update some feel there not enough people are working on it. We both know this is going to be a great update and we can't wait to play it.

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 10:53 a.m.

Are you challenged those characters aren't going to play the way they did in SFxT because they'd be OP.

fineyoungcanibal said on December 5, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.

Am I challenged? What?

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

Yea but since they have to make those characters fit into SFIV's engine that takes a lot more work than you think. You can't just put a character from another fighting game and leave it at. I don't think some of you understand how much work CAPCOM is putting into this update.

cuzzo said on December 5, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

I knew they would release it JUST before evo just so they could meet that "it'll be out before evo" saying. im happy there's a date now tho, hope they are where they wanna be with it.

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

This isn't a simple copy and paste job I feel like yelling in you ear do you know how fighting games work? Those 4 character model are done but they have to be completely rebalanced for the game. What part of that don't you get? I personally don't care for SFxT so I didn't get a real chance to use those characters however I will in USFIV.

Ralycer said on December 5, 2013 at 11:01 a.m.

People Fail to understand how difficult to program a game can be especially not enough people in the developing team. So they releasing console version a bit early then pc so that it can be at Evo, Get ready people Evo 2014 will be HYPE!

DevilMaySpy said on December 5, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.

Is everybody forgetting that Arcade Edition came out in June, and CEO 2011 was the first major tournament for it? This is nothing new guys. That version was way worse, and Ultra seems to be well balanced thus far.

TheTHCGamer said on December 5, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

Thank you.

Darklurkr23 said on December 5, 2013 at 11:04 a.m.

I hope they tell us who the 5th is by new years. probably not though (>>)

And I hope we get that colro shop lik e crosstekeen

and a character creator! XD

mrkareemruiz said on December 5, 2013 at 11:05 a.m.

USF4 SHOULD BE AT EVO

Sayer said on December 5, 2013 at 11:06 a.m.

People, stop acting so poor ;) it's not much money and it goes to one of our favourite games.

A good question for pc is what will they do about GFWL closing down and will the DLC be 15 bucks on pc?

I'm assuming our GFWL codes will some how be transferred to steam.

Sanox said on December 5, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

june really....

CRUZ said on December 5, 2013 at 11:13 a.m.

I'm not gonna complain if the game is balanced, i rather have Capcom taking their time instead of releasing another update cause this really has to be the last one. Focus on Darkstalkers and SF Alpha next, bring those franchises to 2.5D on PS4/XBONE.
I'm only gonna complain if the last character is a Cammy doll.

DarkRyu94 said on December 5, 2013 at 11:14 a.m.

Most people will have moved to next gen by then and sorry guys it takes more then what USF4 is offering right now to get me to buy it on PS3 and come back to my PS3 when I have a Shiny New PS4 sitting right here.

Kuza21 said on December 5, 2013 at 11:16 a.m.

Great. With a release date like June we can expect MORE SF and NOTHING ELSE for another flippin' year! YAY! ;_;

EDIT: No seriously, you guys aren't tried of SFIV yet?

ZeuX said on December 5, 2013 at 11:17 a.m.

It's better this way, at least we'll be guaranteed a polished game.

perfume said on December 5, 2013 at 11:18 a.m.

perfume said on December 5, 2013 at 11:19 a.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on December 5, 2013 at 11:26 a.m.

Hopefully my hype for this game update doesn't wane too much by the time the release happens. 5th character reveal is taking way too long at this point. Capcom is slowly ripping the band-aide off instead of doing it much more quickly.

Past the point of "to hype people up" so hopefully they just announce it already by Capcom Cup so the inevitable excitement/disappointment for whoever that character is can happen and pass already.

Ett said on December 5, 2013 at 11:32 a.m.

The lower price is kinda bullcrap. Fans will already have the pc version so they will upgrade instead of buying the full version. People who care about costume will already have them. Plus pc is normallly 1/4 cheap. Illl rather get the ps4 version on the pc then a upgraded pc version which always had pc only problems.

Ascender said on December 5, 2013 at 11:40 a.m.

Come on PC gamers are getting shafted again. Hell ill just mod my AE to have the Ultra features until it releases.

Necreon said on December 5, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.

Why delay PC again? WHY?! Is there any real reason to do so besides "we don't give a sh*t about PC, keep fapping on consoles" CAPCOM way?

AUGUST?! 8 months of a year that is already a month away?! And they "compensate" by lowering the price by 10 bucks TO (!!) 29.99? Guess what, it's 15 bucks for console players as a DLC if they have AE! And guess what! I paid for AE, full price, and even the costumes. And now they "compensate" by selling USFIV for "only" 29.99? I call bullsh*t on that!

Forget it CAPCOM. You are not getting a single penny from me, and I'll piss on your grave.

GiBGUN said on December 5, 2013 at 11:47 a.m.

Man talk about a slow drip feed of news for Ultra. I hope we get something significant soon. *cough* 5th character and new modes *cough*

RebornOdin said on December 5, 2013 at 11:48 a.m.

No one will miss you, bye.

kaka said on December 5, 2013 at 11:51 a.m.

i remember reading the pc version will be steam only. so for those who bought the game, gfwl, will we be able to upgrade or will we have to buy the full version?

riku45 said on December 5, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

Didn't some mod relento into ae 2012 for the pc with an ultra animation by themselves? It was posted on ehubs a while back...

Eye_of_Orochi said on December 5, 2013 at noon

Just take your time with this, Capcom. Having Ultra present at EVO isn't as important as having a polished finished product.

I'm smelling that the unknown character will be revealed at the Capcom Cup finals, and then be playable in this new build that's mentioned in this article. This character needs to start getting play tested ASAP!

streetfighterjoe said on December 5, 2013 at noon

cannot W8!

BigFraud said on December 5, 2013 at 12:02 p.m.

Rip in Peace Yun 1997- June 2014 BibleThump

MCZ_Ryu said on December 5, 2013 at 12:04 p.m.

These comments are just atrocious. Really quite sad to see how entitled gamers are these days.

1. It's not simply a "copy and paste job". Since when did casual gamers become expert programmers to know just how "easy" this process is?

2. $14.99 is extremely cheap for 5 new characters and new stages. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade it. You can still freely play AE 2012.

3. I'm on AE PC as well and although I'm disappointed by the delayed release, I can at least appreciate that Capcom can get it out for consoles sooner. If Capcom wanted to be "fair", they'd hold off the console release and delay it until the PC version is available.

People keep asking for more and more without ever giving. It's a two-way street.

SlamJam said on December 5, 2013 at 12:08 p.m.

With Onotool, incorporating all of the frame data changes reported from the location tests would take me, alone, a day. A team of five or six? Maybe three hours. I'm not sure how complicated the porting process is, but the SFxT models are already in the game. You literally just have to fix some animations with the SFxT models (like Rolento's U1 face) and draw up the model for the fifth character and all of their moves. Even with location tests and tweaking and perfecting models and alternate costumes for the new characters, Ultra could easily be out in March or April. I have no idea what's causing such a delay. It's not as difficult as they're making it out to be.

raothrash said on December 5, 2013 at 12:11 p.m.

if they are refering to early june has the way they were refering to early 2014 ( ultra released) then expect this thing in july

htownboss23 said on December 5, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.

They Shouldve made a ps4 and xbox one version as well see capcom dont think if they want to make profit release it on every console.

SlamJam said on December 5, 2013 at 12:16 p.m.

I'm not an expert programmer, but I've worked with changing SFIV frame data, move properties and effect implementation and it's not hard. They also already have the 4 SFxT characters in the game, so the copy/paste part is already done. There's only balance tweaking, polishing some animations and the fifth character, and there's no reason those should take eight months if you have a fully trained development team.

I agree, that's a fair price.

What exactly do we have to give them? We're planning on giving them our money for the new game; we're just upset with the pace that the product is progressing at. Capcom is taking months more than they need to release this game. The delayed release for PC release simply means that they haven't begun (or are slow in progressing with) conversations with Valve to get online through Steamworks.

They could do better than this.

Topaz said on December 5, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.

I hate to make an issue of this, but this article doesn't actually say the DATE of Capcom Cup - which is something I can and have quickly looked up, but still, seems silly to have the schedule without telling people what day it is in the same place.

RunnersKnee said on December 5, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.

When it was mentioned "full bundle", does it mean it includes all dlc or just the game in-disc?

Kwisatz_Haderach said on December 5, 2013 at 12:20 p.m.

Your stupidity is mind-boggling.

SlamJam said on December 5, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.

So shoot down what I wrote.

lukecage83 said on December 5, 2013 at 12:24 p.m.

robot_mauk said on December 5, 2013 at 12:25 p.m.

Better be cosmetic changes as well if it's taking this long, music, menus and what not

Aluppoj said on December 5, 2013 at 12:31 p.m.

Great comment! More people like this please!

MALDA_IS_BACK said on December 5, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.

LMAO the release date is joke this game won't sell for sh*t

KingKong said on December 5, 2013 at 12:35 p.m.

This is good news. it doesn't matter if it's only 1 month from EVO, it means the game will be ultra fresh which is a good thing. You gotta get with the times guys. Starcraft 2 already had 4 figures tournaments back when it was only a beta version, it's all good. USF4 at EVO 2014 is kind of a big deal actually.

SuperStraightFighter said on December 5, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.

Can you switch back between Ultra, AE and Super version if you download it as DLC?

2101RYU said on December 5, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.

well, you talk of implementing frame data and move properties as if the entire game's worth of finalized design is already sitting in a spreadsheet ready to be dragged and dropped and that's all that has to be done. the actual process of deciding on, testing and fine-tuning the balance changes is very time consuming if it's to be done right at all, and that comes before any concerns of dumping some numbers into a file.

then there's new stages, music, artwork, animations, modes, features, costumes, an 100% new character, and full implementation of the sfxt four to account for. don't forget certification, bug testing, QA and all the other usual hoops to jump through in game development.

the game isn't being made in Onotool, dude.

ednd30 said on December 5, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.

top players have the inside track trust me will be playing a week or 2 before official release

Aluppoj said on December 5, 2013 at 12:54 p.m.

Sounds like you could have the update done in a matter of days. A real one man army. How has Capcom allowed such Genius to slip through their fingers!!!!

All the while they could finish the game in mere minutes with their team, but CHOOSE to torture us by making us wait an additional 6 months!

All for their diabolical amusement no doubt!

(Pssst, see how dumb you sound)

2101RYU said on December 5, 2013 at 12:56 p.m.

let's put it another way:

SlamJam, if you could finish USF4 by March, I'd be happy to pay you for it.

disp said on December 5, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.

Double cash-in first console then PC confirmed and I'm dumb enough to buy it twice yet again.

cuzzo said on December 5, 2013 at 1:01 p.m.

Comments are never the dull moment round here Lls, also I don't hear much talk about these *new* modes OOH AHH! I wonder way they could possibly be??? Also I predict a trailer showing it all and then a tease "Hakan style" like they did with the ssf4 trailer. Maye capcom cup

RedRapperSux said on December 5, 2013 at 1:02 p.m.

Well the plus side is there will be way more people playing so you might be able to find a good connection in the sea of red and yellow bars.

HooliganComboFTW said on December 5, 2013 at 1:06 p.m.

The additional stages are not legitimately new though. They are all from SFxT. The stages that weren't generally well received. They might get some noticeable edits though if we are lucky.

Really wished Capcom did the cool thing instead and released remade SF II Turbo theme stages (I.E Ryu Dojo Rooftop, Ken pier, Cammy castle rampart, etc) as neat throwbacks to help make the incentive easier to get USFIV if they weren't actually making any new stages from scratch.

Mr_Pyro said on December 5, 2013 at 1:11 p.m.

Can't say I'm surprised about the PC delay. Still, I hope they take full advantage of Steam and release their patches promptly. Look at the Skullgirls beta.

Speaking of which, Capcom really should consider the option of evaluating PC patches if they decide to fix up Ultra over time.

2101RYU said on December 5, 2013 at 1:15 p.m.

it's already been stated the stages are going to be adjusted for ultra. what I'm curious about is whether the ported stages being multi-tiered means we're actually going to be getting the variations as independent stages too. like a crowded downtown vs. rundown back alley sort of situation. that would beef up the number of stages by a lot.

SlamJam said on December 5, 2013 at 1:16 p.m.

Why should balancing be so time consuming? The balance changes they've suggested are pretty solid. Do a few more location tests, spend a week with the dev team deciding on which changes make it to the final product, rerelease the changes on a location test a few weeks later, ensure that the changes are good and you're done. I might be underexaggerating the time it takes to balance the game, but eight months is a gross, gross overexaggeration of the required time it takes to finalize Ultra.

There are not new stages or music, those are being ported and do not need to be tweaked. You can even download those stages now and put them in your PC copy of SF4, they just need to put in the animated background characters. New gamemodes might take some time. The new character might take some time. But the skeletons, animations and hitboxes of the SFxT characters have already been implemented, it's a matter of balancing them, which, as I said, could be done easily with a few observed location tests. When was new artwork confirmed? Bug testing is happening alongside location testing, so that shouldn't be too time consuming. Certification? Like, to release content on XBL and PSN? Indie games can get that in a week. Look up Tricky Treat on XBL. It's not hard.

I'm fully aware that you couldn't make all of USF4 in Onotool. I never said I could do it by myself. I'm saying that, from what they have in the location test builds, they could easily have a finished product well before this eight month mark. Yes, there's some work to do, but it definitely shouldn't take more than half a year.

Eye_of_Orochi said on December 5, 2013 at 1:17 p.m.

Jeezus, is everything you type up spiteful hateful garbage?

Kijui said on December 5, 2013 at 1:17 p.m.

I don't see what the huge deal is...
I've been through copies of SFIV and finally went digital; I had went hrough 3 hard copies of SSF4, bought the DLC update for AE, and then STILL had to buy the Digital Copy! I'm getting the disc first, and when that breaks, I'll go digital!

Why? BECAUSE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS NOT IN EVERY F***ING GAME CAPCOM PUTS THEIR LOGO ON!

I hate Ryu, I hate him SO much! -_-

#SaikyoWorldOrder

SlamJam said on December 5, 2013 at 1:21 p.m.

God it's like talking to children.

I couldn't do Ultra alone. It would definitely take a team. But finalizing four ported characters, making a new one from scratch, tweaking move properties on everyone and aesthetically switching some menus should not take eight months. They're either being lazy or they're having a lot of internal conflict within the dev team.

nandotovar said on December 5, 2013 at 1:24 p.m.

Combofiend said there will possibly be a different build of USF4 at Capcom Cup. I'm assuming it'll include the 5th character. It seems rather fitting.

killerface said on December 5, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

They said: "the intention is to have them all launch at around the same time." Which clearly never gonna happen cause it's CAPCOM and they don't care about PC.

DougQuaidHauser said on December 5, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.

What the &*&^%%)(!!!
JUNE?!

They said its being released in March?

Wardog said on December 5, 2013 at 1:34 p.m.

I got 2 questions about this game.

1. Can you get the special outfits, if you buy it from the PSN/XBLA store or is it just hard copy only?

2. Just like the first question. Do we unlock all the outfits, if we just purchase it from the PSN/XBLA store or its only for the hard copy only?

Thanks... I really don't want to drop another 40$ on the game, when I can just buy the digital add on.

Super_Honda said on December 5, 2013 at 1:36 p.m.

Did anyone notice this: the first SF2 was released in 1991 and it took 6 years for SF3 (1997) to come out. On the other hand, SF4 was released in 2008 and 6 years later, a FIFTH version of SF4 is going to released in 2014. Historically, it takes about 2-3 years for a main SF series to be completed (not counting HD Remix or Hyper SF2):

SF2 series: 1991-1994

Alpha series: 1995-1998

SF3 series: 1997-1999

The point that I’m trying to make is that Capcom should’ve left SF4 series and focus on another SF project (I’m aware of financial problems and their take on releasing a proper SF game after a long period of time) because USF4 is not going to help Capcom to make tons of money from the same name. They target hardcore players, not casuals. I fear that Capcom may slip back to the dark days when SF franchise faded away from the spotlight. I hope that doesn’t happen because if it does, then SF may not come back for a long time.

I would not talk too much about new mechanics for USF4 as they could simply use it for the next-gen SF game to attract newer fans and the concept of Focus Attack is a simple, but a very good mechanic so making changes to that particular mechanic would change my view on SF4. This is because in the year's time, a general player would look back and may say 'I remember SF4 for its focus attacks' and it is 1 of the main aspects of SF4 series. One may argue that other final iterations of certain SF games received good amount of changes, but they were released within the 2-3 year period so for me, that's fine. If Capcom did this during the first 3 years of SF4, it would've been okay, but it's been so long for a series to end up having a lot of changes.

I haven’t been up to date with all the latest information, but I will do some time later. But from the looks of things, it seems like Capcom is making the same mistake again. Just my view and I’m still buying USF4 (DLC and retail), but I disagree with the direction that Capcom is heading towards to.

Ryose said on December 5, 2013 at 1:54 p.m.

I love how they f'ck over the pc gamers. Delayed release date AND full-package-only. Whahah, don't like PC gaming anyway, love to see them f'cked over like a train. Maybe it will get some additional delay and stuff.

ConsoleS4ever