Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • August 30, 2013 at 8:50 a.m. PDT
Updated: Daigo vs. Xian first to 10 SSF4 AE v2012 exhibition streaming live - Mad Catz Unveiled event ft. Killer Instinct and more Updated: This story has been updated with results for the Daigo vs. Xian FT10 exhibition match and a stream archive.

Mad Catz Unveiled is currently running at the Trinity Nightclub in Seattle, Washington. There are a ton of great events set to take place tonight, and the live stream will be provided by Mad Catz.TV.

The main event of the evening will pit two of the greatest Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 warriors on the scene today, in a first to 10 battle against each other. MCZ|Daigo "The Beast" Umehara will take on EVO 2013 champion, DM|Xian in this match of the century.

The crowd will also be able to challenge these fighters after the main event. Daigo will take on competitors in SSF4 AE v2012 and Xian will face crowd challengers in both AE and UMvC3..

First up, however, we have a Killer Instinct exhibition that will feature the latest version of the game. Below is a schedule for the night.

9:15PM – Killer Instinct (Xbox One) Exhibition
10:00PM – Daigo “The Beast” Umehara vs. Ho Kun Xian – SSFIVAE FIRST TO TEN
11:00PM – Daigo vs. Mad Catz Unveiled Crowd – SSFIVAE
11:45PM – Xian vs. Mad Catz Unveiled Crowd – Ultimate Marvel Capcom 3
12:30AM – Xian vs. Mad Catz Unveiled Crowd – SSFIVAE

Hit the jump for the live stream.

Daigo vs. Xian FT10 Exhibition Match Results

MCZ|Daigo (Ryu) — ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● 10
DM|Xian (Gen)     — ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ 0

Comments

JesseRobles said on August 29, 2013 at 9:03 p.m.

Dang it! I wanted to sleep early today! lol

RaikohBlade said on August 29, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.

Go Daigo! I like Xian, but the Beast will always be my favorite player of all time. He may be the third or fourth best in the world right now (which is still very impressive), but he is without a doubt the most legendary Street Fighter player to have ever played the game.

I also heard on the stream earlier that Daigo and Xian may be debuting new characters. There isn't any confirmation for this yet, but if it's true it shall be quite entertaining indeed.

ssf4evo said on August 29, 2013 at 9:13 p.m.

damn.. talk about starting the shiz so late East Coast time.

Sage_Liebert said on August 29, 2013 at 9:15 p.m.

There should be air recovery after combo breakers

crispylinks77 said on August 29, 2013 at 9:15 p.m.

11:45PM – Xian vs. Mad Catz Unveiled Crowd – Ultimate Marvel Capcom 3

I wonder if people will complain about this. Xian's just going to soul fist everyone.

ShinMagus said on August 29, 2013 at 9:16 p.m.

It would be useful if Eventhubs 'always' made it a point to specify the timezone when providing a schedule...

TwoDogKnight said on August 29, 2013 at 9:20 p.m.

@#6

I made this suggestion before and it went ignored. Seems like an obvious thing to do but I guess not.

ShinMagus said on August 29, 2013 at 9:22 p.m.

Hmmm. I looked it up and it's PDT (GMT -7), but they could make things easier...

secto7 said on August 29, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.

Daigoooooooo!!!

Smorgasboard said on August 29, 2013 at 9:39 p.m.

All in on Daigo. Make me rich!

GirlsOfGaming said on August 29, 2013 at 10:02 p.m.

so i guess were getting a preview of pax prime? cool

AbattoirBlues said on August 29, 2013 at 10:28 p.m.

Dude, who picks Hakan in training? He seems like such a nice dude. I always pick somebody like Dictator or somebody else I can feel good just beating the crap out of while they're helpless.

tedda87 said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

xian is so FREE!!!!!!!!

jhayze said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

10-0 FREE

SameH99 said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

ALL HAIL DAIGO THE BEAST 10-0

xBMxSage said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

Daigo beat Xian 10-0... Oh my God.

HooliganComboFTW said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

Daigo washed up my ass. 10-0 on Xian.

kac1010 said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

Xian got put in a friggin BODYBAG

JustSTFU said on August 29, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

I just want to say, sorry Daigo that I voted against you

IMainDanHibiki said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

10-0 on Xian #Kappa

Kaien471 said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

The Rape Series, by Daigo Umehara

umewakeupultra said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

markman: "uh daigo we're running a little behind schedule would you mind wrapping this up quick?"

BladeStunner said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

That's what I was afraid of...

Spiral0Architect said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

10-0 Daigo. Waaaaaaaaaat.

H3ARTZ said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

grimmXvicious said on August 29, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.

thaat was disrespect

Keiii said on August 29, 2013 at 10:51 p.m.

That was so free it wasn't even funny.

AbattoirBlues said on August 29, 2013 at 10:51 p.m.

Oh, maybe I was mistaken. I thought Daigo was playing against Hakan in training, but it appears he was warming up against Gen. So when does Xian get here?
. . .
Huh?
Oh.

JuriTheSpider said on August 29, 2013 at 10:51 p.m.

Props to Xian but wow Daigo was in straight god mode. I haven't seen him that dominant since the Super era. I don't think he could be defeated tonight

Crucob said on August 29, 2013 at 10:51 p.m.

that was painful to watch, Daigo was a full on rapist

llSilkCutll said on August 29, 2013 at 10:52 p.m.

That's why people will always love Daigo over all other players, he is inspirational!

You will never see any other Ryu play as good as he plays Ryu, ever!

Kaizy said on August 29, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.

Obliterated

ElectricBlanka said on August 29, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.

DAIGO IS THE "MOTHERF****G" BEAST UMEHARA, SON!!!

EXCh33ky said on August 29, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.

My gosh, that was ridiculous. Daigo was just going after him like a rabid dog...I honestly wanted to see some back and forth...Daigo kinda said no to that idea

Aluppoj said on August 29, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.

Lolololololololol oh my GOD!

Owned. Glad I voted Daigo:)

JFord78 said on August 29, 2013 at 10:54 p.m.

Daigo 10-0 Only one word can describe my feelings:

Ugh!!!!

S1 said on August 29, 2013 at 10:54 p.m.

Daigo said he changed up his approach a bit - was more aggressive because if you let Gen charge super you eat the ultra as well. So he'd rather take the risk of eating the FADC combos.

GirlsOfGaming said on August 29, 2013 at 10:54 p.m.

lol. THE CHAMP IS HERE! LMFAO! THE CHAMP IS BACK!

SonicfanQ said on August 29, 2013 at 10:54 p.m.

Mad rerspect for diago even though I have little respect for street fighter 4 right now. He ended it with an unblockable lol. Can't wait for this game to be fixed with ULTRA

TheOtherTensei said on August 29, 2013 at 10:54 p.m.

Poor Xian, things like this happen though.

Him said on August 29, 2013 at 10:55 p.m.

I went to go buy some a pack of cigs, came back and saw that perfect 10 on xian. My arms fell off

mario3d said on August 29, 2013 at 10:55 p.m.

10 - 0
Gen vs Akuma
Gen vs Ryu
Players same level
Matchups its so confused...

RaikohBlade said on August 29, 2013 at 10:56 p.m.

For the last few years, I noticed Daigo wasn't as good as he used to be during 2009-2010. Although he has remained very dominant in general, his play simply wasn't as sharp as it used to be. This night, I saw Daigo play as if he was in his prime. I don't know if he'll stay this way, but this was Daigo at his absolute best, and showed the difference between the greatest of today and the greatest of all time.

Gotomaster said on August 29, 2013 at 10:56 p.m.

This is making me think Sf4 is very matchup based, not just with the characters, but with the Players as well. People seem to forget that the only player who has ever made Daigo look free consistently was Infiltration, anyone else, either have a close match with him, in which they win, or lose, close or horribly. So how is calling him washed up even founded, if there is only one player making him look free?

xShonuffx said on August 29, 2013 at 10:56 p.m.

That was painful but I knew Diago would win. Bad matchup plus Daigo = ft10 nightmare.

GirlsOfGaming said on August 29, 2013 at 11:01 p.m.

funny commentary as well. z and his sfx, XD

NvhA said on August 29, 2013 at 11:01 p.m.

That ending was bittersweet. Daigo with Ryu doing the unblockables on character feared for his ambiguous/unblockable setup in a game riddled with unblockables.

Like standing on top of Everest buttnaked holding up two middle fingers.

AbattoirBlues said on August 29, 2013 at 11:01 p.m.

So, I don't mean to brag, but I bet I could lose 10-0 to Daigo. I think I could lose 10-0 to him pretty easily, to be honest. If I lose 10-0 as, say, Dudley, can we all agree that I'm the new EVO champ? Hey, I'll even lose 10-0 as Dan or Hakan, if that's what it takes. I think I can do it, I really do.

Smorgasboard said on August 29, 2013 at 11:02 p.m.

Woo hoo. I'm rich. Knew that bad habits and footsies would lead to Daigo's victory.

MCHAWKING said on August 29, 2013 at 11:02 p.m.

lol at people complaining about "bad matchup"? 10-0 is not a matchup issue. Not to mention Gen is even or actually favoured over Ryu.

That was just a pure demolishing. Worse Than Infiltration vs Latif, worse than Infiltration vs Dieminion. RIP Xian.

JuriTheSpider said on August 29, 2013 at 11:03 p.m.

@45 I thought Gen was considered a bad match up for Ryu? I honestly think its closer to a 5/5 match up then people originally thought.

RagerDaPrince_EH said on August 29, 2013 at 11:04 p.m.

Daigo did body him in Japan last time they played

llSilkCutll said on August 29, 2013 at 11:04 p.m.

You couldn't have put that better:

"Daigo at his absolute best, and showed the difference between the greatest of today and the greatest of all time."

SameH99 said on August 29, 2013 at 11:05 p.m.

Lmao Daigo wants to do FT50 against Infiltration

Erichful said on August 29, 2013 at 11:06 p.m.

Must hav been d madcatz joystiks

umewakeupultra said on August 29, 2013 at 11:07 p.m.

if it werent for that 3-7 matchup vs akuma daigo would probably be evo champ right now

perfume said on August 29, 2013 at 11:11 p.m.

AbattoirBlues said on August 29, 2013 at 11:23 p.m.

If this random kid wins as T. Hawk, I'll go nuts. I mean, he won't, but hypothetically speaking, I would go nuts.

Rahavic said on August 29, 2013 at 11:37 p.m.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ElectricBlanka said on August 29, 2013 at 11:51 p.m.

RIP XIAN

HooliganComboFTW said on August 29, 2013 at 11:53 p.m.

Ok AE is over now. Only challengers that were decent was the first girl with Chun Li (lol all three of the girl challengers picked her) and Cole out of nowhere with Sim.

Paradonyx said on August 29, 2013 at 11:54 p.m.

Jesus Christ. Someone call the police!

perfume said on August 29, 2013 at 11:55 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on August 29, 2013 at 11:57 p.m.

They are putting AE back on apparently because crowd wants to try to beat Xian since they had no chance at Daigo.

katherine said on August 30, 2013 at 12:01 a.m.

Gotomaster said on August 30, 2013 at 12:03 a.m.

@65 Oh no! Eventhubs, block this fellow. pls

doomfanatiq said on August 30, 2013 at 12:05 a.m.

speechless... how did xian lose so badly..

HooliganComboFTW said on August 30, 2013 at 12:07 a.m.

Scratch that its Marvel with Xian, but possibly more AE later.

AbattoirBlues said on August 30, 2013 at 12:18 a.m.

So, I don't follow Marvel as much, is Rattana a big name player or just some guy from the crowd?

SameH99 said on August 30, 2013 at 12:21 a.m.

@67 Did you listen to Zhi after he talked with Daigo? Daigo said he practically watched all of his matches against Gen and practiced against every single ambiguous Gen has and came up a plan to stop him from using his super > ultra combo.

Shredelicious said on August 30, 2013 at 12:28 a.m.

Rattana has been playing Marvel for over ten years. He took top 8 at Evo back in 2002. He was one of the best Marvel 2 players alive. He also eliminated JWong at NorCal Regionals in UMvC3

FIREBALLXL5 said on August 30, 2013 at 12:29 a.m.

I think this is a pr stunt by Zhi . To make Xian look even more aborable. Buts thats just cuz..er.. I guess just a little gay for them :)So entertaining

DaveNotti said on August 30, 2013 at 12:37 a.m.

Damn shame. People outwardly go out of their way to disrespect nowadays, it's sickening and ultimately killing the game. Spooky and the other cornball on the mic need to calm their little hype beast asses down, it's really not THAT serious. We get it, Xian lost 10-0 to Daigo. The way these two have been acting on the mic, you'd swear we were about to go to war with Syria or something…

We're not blind, deaf or dumb – we know the dude lost. Some of these commentators just don't get it. We don't need you to commentate EVERY single aspect of the game, we also don't need you tryna get your Jerry Seinfeld on with your little jokes every second either. You have ONE job, and you can't even do that without getting gassed?

I feel like each game needs it's own set of commentators. People don't seem to realize that the WAY they commentate can sometimes make or break the viewer's/listener's experience. Leave the jokes to Yipes, leave the technicalities and all that to James Chen or Seth Kill. Everything ain't for everybody. The first to ten between Daigo and Xian was at 10PM PST, it's damn near 1AM and these dudes are STILL trying to clown him from two hours ago? Give it a rest, you killing the stream.

HooliganComboFTW said on August 30, 2013 at 12:42 a.m.

Xian lost to a Rufus player in the crowd.

BurningKy said on August 30, 2013 at 12:42 a.m.

After the Daigo vs Xian battle, I hope that all of the bias nonsense will be put to rest.

When Daigo lost at Evolution 2013, it was because "He didn't care" about SF4 anymore and that's why he lost or that he threw his games away, because he's no longer about winning...basically lame excuses for why Daigo lost garbage nonsense. However now that he's steamrolled Xian, we've now gotten "Daigo is Back!" or "He's playing like the Daigo of Old!" comments.

Honestly, Daigo never left the game of SF4, Daigo did not stop playing SF4 less, nor did he put less time into the game. The Real Reason why Daigo doesn't dominate like how he did in past Evo's or in certain tournies is because other Top Players have evened the plateau level.

With that said, I'm still giving props to Xian because he IS that good with Gen. Daigo even commented that he spent hours figuring out all of the Gen Options before confronting Xian.

As it stands, Xian has beaten Daigo on 2 different occasions while now Daigo has beaten Xian on 2 different occasions. I'm expecting that Xian will take this loss to heart and will come back to figure out other ways of making Gen more effective, especially against Ryu.

Great Stream.

anthonygamer said on August 30, 2013 at 12:44 a.m.

Xian lost the Marvel exhibition and just lost to a Rufus player. Thai Vega(Commentator) is constantly bashing Xian for this. It went from funny at first to disrespectful. Had to mute the stream a few times.

Kinda feel bad for Xian.

GeneralSpecific said on August 30, 2013 at 12:47 a.m.

Hello my EventHubbers!

Unfortunately I missed the Daigo vs Xian set!

Can someone explain to me what went down??

Is it on YouTube(tm)?

AbattoirBlues said on August 30, 2013 at 12:49 a.m.

Ah, cool. Didn't know that, the commentators were making it out like he was just some dude and it was really embarrassing that Xian lost to him. Losing 10-0 to anybody is pretty bad, but 5-3 against a champ doesn't really warrant the sneering comments.

doomfanatiq said on August 30, 2013 at 12:51 a.m.

@70 did not watch the match lol, going to once it's uploaded..
Hopefully this will spur xian to up his game instead of resting on his laurels after winning evo. mad respects to both players still

FIREBALLXL5 said on August 30, 2013 at 12:57 a.m.

Z represents that letter to me.Total inception for my here and know, to honest for ages. Fav for commentary right now. But I miss Chris Hu !

shoryuken78 said on August 30, 2013 at 1:06 a.m.

Memanruler said on August 30, 2013 at 1:08 a.m.

Rusus for Dan Tier.

NvhA said on August 30, 2013 at 1:30 a.m.

@73 The only person guilty of that was this one guy on stream. Everyone including the stream were just hyped. This is fairy tail-ish and we are all just enjoying it. A bit of banter calling Xian fraud-ish and all but I doubt anyone really meant it. Xian is still the reigning champ and one to beat.

Rooted for Daigo and holy crap, that was a beasting. For me, this just the boost and excitement we need post evo.

TedTesty said on August 30, 2013 at 1:37 a.m.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Xian landed a single Super in that whole set.
In the Topanga Asia League he landed one pretty much every game.

Hackstermatrix said on August 30, 2013 at 2:01 a.m.

An exhibition indeed Kishishishishishi!

blaziner said on August 30, 2013 at 2:02 a.m.

I need this in my life right now, someone please upload this! PLEASE UPLOAD THIS, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

BladeStunner said on August 30, 2013 at 2:02 a.m.

People, Xian wasn't concentrated at all. He was smiling all the time. Did you see Xian smile at all at EVO 2013? Not one time! Daigo taking exhibition matches way more seriously then Xian, that's all.

That being said, Xian looked helpless without his ambiguous cross-ups connecting... and off course good stuff to Daigo, cause 10-0 is a statement!

BladeStunner said on August 30, 2013 at 2:03 a.m.

Tokidoblog got it uplaoded already ;)

blaziner said on August 30, 2013 at 2:08 a.m.

I'm sitting here on my Nexus seven waiting for the YouTube video I will refresh the page every five seconds please God I will love you forever!!

sephirosuy said on August 30, 2013 at 2:09 a.m.

After the game Daigo tells in the interview, he actually studied every move that Gen can do, that's why he able to block so many moves after knock down

Btw, found the replay here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va7lYo...

GeneralSpecific said on August 30, 2013 at 2:25 a.m.

Thanks MadCatz and MarkMan(?) for putting on this exhibition match. =]

Spiral0Architect said on August 30, 2013 at 2:31 a.m.

Whole match just felt like this: http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww...

Undead_Hayabusa said on August 30, 2013 at 2:40 a.m.

I want that Daigo-Infiltration longset God vs Hellspawn (because Gouki mean demon,not to mean any offense)

Undead_Hayabusa said on August 30, 2013 at 2:43 a.m.

of course I dont believe the extra verbal battering was appropriate from the commentators but they like basically everybody else in attendance was caught in the moment...give it some let the wounds heal Xian will be back up in no time

blaziner said on August 30, 2013 at 2:48 a.m.

@90 sure he studied by xian was not in top spirits today he was not doing his best, Diago beat him mentally before he ever beat him... physically?

BunnyBoy said on August 30, 2013 at 2:48 a.m.

Awesome display of dominance by Daigo tonight.

My only complaint would be that the person they chose to commentate alongside Spooky was plain obnoxious and unfunny. I hope that they won't ever allow him on the mic again.

Other than that, it was good stuff.

GeneralSpecific said on August 30, 2013 at 2:50 a.m.

Oh wow.

I just watched the entire set and the Rufus match that occured a bit later.

Can Xian adapt and come back?
Mark of the champion!

bigfellr said on August 30, 2013 at 3:11 a.m.

Wow, jst shows how weak gen is. I'm not surprised at diago for raping xian, its gen of course.
Yay now we can go back to saying ryu is cheap again.

Nightpain said on August 30, 2013 at 3:16 a.m.

Zhi on commentary is just too funny."Daigo is just beating him like Hellen Keller." lol

BingalingtheDream said on August 30, 2013 at 3:46 a.m.

Daigo rode him like the Spruce Goose.

Load more comments