Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • August 19, 2013 at 2:01 p.m. PDT
Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior, Hyper Fighting and New Challengers make their way to the Nintendo Wii U e-shop later this week Although Wii U players won't be getting Ultra Street Fighter 4 when it's released early next year, they can still get their Street Fighter fix by checking out the e-shop later this week.

Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior, Super Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting and SSF2: The New Challengers are now available on the Wii U as digital downloads. All three of these classic Capcom fighters will become available on August 22.

Each download retains a price tag of $7.99 USD. Take your pick of the litter, or purchase all three; Nintendo Wii U users can now take a trip back to the past and run some SF2 sets on their television or Wii U gamepad.

Hit the jump to check out the announcement trailers for each.

Trailers via the official Street Fighter YouTube channel. Tip by RiskierTerror4.

Comments

fohstick said on August 19, 2013 at 2:02 p.m.

we got this instead of USF4? lol

Hexelf said on August 19, 2013 at 2:07 p.m.

Pretty cool. I actually love these ports, especially SSF2 which I didn't even think was that good in the arcades. The console ports fixed the speed and everything <3

manoelmfs1 said on August 19, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.

cool

Oroku_Saki said on August 19, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.

I hope we get a downloadable Tomo shadow as well. :P
Downloadable Tomo Ohira......lol. I crack myself.

rongames91 said on August 19, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.

Using Guile's theme to get people hype?

piscolo said on August 19, 2013 at 2:21 p.m.

I will love to have this on ps3 instead of that SSF2HD Remix crap. Or even better, a regular SSF2T. Without the horrible HD sprites.

gohan16ken said on August 19, 2013 at 2:23 p.m.

Why does capcom does stuff incomplete? The Wii has SF, SF2, SF2CE, SF2T, SF2SCE, SSF2NG, SSF2NGO, and SFA2. Why not release all 8 at once? Now I have to go to Capcom-Unity forums to ask about the other 5 games.

freeHUGS said on August 19, 2013 at 2:26 p.m.

@6 I'm pretty sure you can turn off the HD sprites and play with the classic SSF2T instead of the HDRemix changes.

bls123pop said on August 19, 2013 at 2:33 p.m.

or play arcade perfect versions of these on PC....
For free...

Gotomaster said on August 19, 2013 at 2:33 p.m.

@1 I'd take any iteration of Sf2 over any iteration of Sf4.

neogeomaster said on August 19, 2013 at 3:33 p.m.

Not interesing snes version... It is better have hyper sf2 cps2 version on wii U...

OhYouDontSayThat said on August 19, 2013 at 3:49 p.m.

dont get these get earthbound!

shano said on August 19, 2013 at 4:01 p.m.

Are these ports of the snes version or arcade version?

And im guessing Hyper Fighting would be the one to buy as the other 2 are not turbo speed.

RebornOdin said on August 19, 2013 at 4:04 p.m.

That's why you have SSF 4 AE and SFxT. Derp.

HooliganComboFTW said on August 19, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.

Dat Guile Theme as an advertisement tool.

apulmadeekoud said on August 19, 2013 at 4:17 p.m.

SNES ports, are u kidding me?

These games should be FREE to Play for all the Wii U owners.

sinnido said on August 19, 2013 at 4:29 p.m.

really wish capcom would fix the netcode for hyper fighting on xbox. i remember being sooo hyped to finally have an arcade port and was hoping for a strong hf community online. i die.

samuraix025 said on August 19, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.

it will be out thursday, tradition goes with wii u, VC triler, released 1 week, game released thursday the next week

samuraix025 said on August 19, 2013 at 4:32 p.m.

I'll be getting it to show apcom i'll suppurt a Wii U port of ultra, it won't do anything with just me as i leard from dark stalkers resurrection but a man can dream

HyperComboKO said on August 19, 2013 at 4:48 p.m.

If Wi U owners want Ultra Street Fighter 4 they better buy these games considering what happened with Darkstalkers.

Gotomaster said on August 19, 2013 at 5:08 p.m.

@14 I said I prefered Sf2 over 4, not that I dislike 4 or even Sfxt, which I haven't played for months. I play Hd edition, but I don't have an official main in the game.

SuperrV said on August 19, 2013 at 5:15 p.m.

What about Super Turbo...cough...cough

AeonGuardian said on August 19, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.

@#22 These are SNES ports, right? Super Turbo never came out for SNES.

Darc_Requiem said on August 19, 2013 at 5:46 p.m.

What no PC-Engine version of SF2:CE or SFA2 for SNES?

SillyGoose said on August 19, 2013 at 5:54 p.m.

Why would you pay $8 for games that you can run on an 10 year old pc for free flawlessly with GGPO?

BornFreeEH said on August 19, 2013 at 6:15 p.m.

Not sure if this is a stupid question but will you be able to play against others online?

chipndip said on August 19, 2013 at 7:11 p.m.

@25:

Two reasons.

1) GGPO is illegal iirc.

2) Look at Earthbound. Just cause a game's old doesn't mean it can't be appreciated or supported properly.

@20: Damn straight. =/

Mr_Rik0 said on August 19, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

@20 agreed dude, gonna purchase to have a chance of USF4

sergio_reyes_ said on August 19, 2013 at 9:44 p.m.

this game is old this games is style wii u

1TheBlueWii1 said on August 19, 2013 at 11:36 p.m.

I already bought this game on Wii virtual console, but I am willing to buy it again. Though at a cheap price.

LuigiFan64 said on August 19, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.

For the Wii U owners, support this release as #20 said. It will show Capcom that we can support Ultra SFIV on Wii U.

Guybrush20X6 said on August 20, 2013 at 1 a.m.

Remember, if you've got the Wii Version you can get these for a discount.

RunningWild said on August 20, 2013 at 2:39 a.m.

BumblebeeCody said on August 20, 2013 at 4:34 a.m.

I can't stop laughing at Wii U owners. This is so bloody hilarious!
Nintenderp:
Hey guys, here, have this SNES(not arcade) port of SF2: Turbo. Sure you can buy it MUCH cheaper on PS3 and Xbox with Achievements, Online Multiplayer, Leaderboards and graphic filters but because we're Nintendo, we're going to charge £8 for this. Enjoy not being able to use a fight stick since our machine doesn't have one and enjoy this SNES game since you won't be getting Ultra SFIV.
*Reggie shrug*

thiagoeis said on August 20, 2013 at 6:07 a.m.

Am I the only one that wants this instead of Ultra IV? Kappa

gohan16ken said on August 20, 2013 at 6:14 a.m.

@25 and @33 How can you play these games online against other people on pc? I saw this guy made a youtube video years ago with him playing against his friend online on his pc on sf2 ce. How is that possible? Thanks.

Tensa said on August 20, 2013 at 8 a.m.

wait...wiiU doesn't have achievements? I love getting the for single player games I they have them :( anyways cool that they released afew versions of sf2 on wiiU

whatajoke said on August 20, 2013 at 8:49 a.m.

chipndip said on August 20, 2013 at 10:04 a.m.

Not sure what's dumber: BumbleBee thinking that Nintendo put the price tag on Capcom's product, or BumbleBee making fun of others while thinking that Nintendo put the price tag on Capcom's product.

URAlsr said on August 20, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.