Posted by SFilp • April 26, 2013 at 7:32 p.m. PDT
Ricky Ortiz: The community needs to forget about the old image of Street Fighter X Tekken and give it another look Ricky Ortiz recently did an interview over on the Evil Geniuses blog in which he discusses his thoughts on Street Fighter X Tekken v2013, and how the game is being received by the community.

Ricky explains that he feels this game can help many players work on their ground game and notes the community should forget about the old image of the game.

EG: What is it that people see in the game?

Ricky Ortiz: SFxT is a game that can help many players work on a solid ground game, which applies to almost all SF games. In my opinion, games with footsies tend to be the most fun. I also like the fact that the game doesn’t have a comeback engine.

EG: What can we do to help the game get more exposure?

Ricky Ortiz: The community can just play the game and give it a chance. Forget about the old image SFxT was first given and give the game another look. I guarantee if people give it a fair chance, they will love it a lot.

Comments

JCrest87 said on April 26, 2013 at 7:35 p.m.

I also like SFxT due to the fact that its very footsie based. It was pretty stale in the first version, but its much better now.

Jookey said on April 26, 2013 at 7:38 p.m.

12 characters locked on the disk for 20 friggin' dollars. is still enough to make me not want to support it.

Also, what's up with some people saying:
"CAPCOM DID THAT SO THERE WOULDN'T BE COMPATABILITY ISSUES! DUH!!"
If they would just include those characters on the main roster instead of locking them away for $$ then why would that even be an issue?

Bender411 said on April 26, 2013 at 7:38 p.m.

Fix online. Then we talk.

Dark_Obliske said on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 p.m.

tried it,didnt like it but more power to everyone who enjoys it

vivadongodon said on April 26, 2013 at 7:41 p.m.

I like the game it's just hard to play it when I'm stuck staring at the screen waiting to actually find someone to play against. That I actually have good connection to.

I can play SF4 all the way through the night 'till morning, not with SFxT. Even if the game is good now, the player base is smaller than I'd like.

chrismcandless said on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

game's still boring. it needs to be a lesson on what not to do with fighting games.

Hypermarth said on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

I don't have too many problems with online, find a decent number of people with good connections.

Drifter said on April 26, 2013 at 7:46 p.m.

I wish more people gave this game a chance. Ricky is right.

AnaboliChris said on April 26, 2013 at 7:47 p.m.

It needs more gems.

Enter4none said on April 26, 2013 at 7:48 p.m.

No thanks, traded it within the launch month and don't regret a thing ~ IMO the whole DLC thing left a stench on it that doesn't go away no matter what top players say, sure I can give it a chance as long as it's not on my dime again, maybe as a freebie on the next gen consoles

dennishubs said on April 26, 2013 at 7:49 p.m.

it's still really boring to watch, i'd rather they show KOF before AE, it deserves it more. SFxT finals should be early morning.

hazelnut1112 said on April 26, 2013 at 7:54 p.m.

It still won't fix with how horrible it is with the gem bullcrap. It had so much potential, yet it was wasted away. Plus in every tournament it comes out in, the views sink pretty bad.

RawVoltage said on April 26, 2013 at 7:55 p.m.

What #4 said.

Valiantheart said on April 26, 2013 at 7:57 p.m.

Sorry Ricky. This game is DOA due to Capcom bungling.

TheTHCGamer said on April 26, 2013 at 7:57 p.m.

The only problem I see is its to little to late. 2013 is what SFxT should've been right off the bat.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 7:58 p.m.

The problem, for me, was never the game. I loved the game. The problem was the structure the game was built upon. A system of nickel & dimeing customers with gems, costumes and other locked content. Some of the gems sold were essentially just stronger versions of the ones already available, which meant that you could literally pay to make your character stronger. That goes against the very most basic foundation of fighting games.

But most obnoxious was the 12 cut characters, locked and sold later under the guise of DLC with some lazy, nonsensical comment as padding.

I had fun with SFxT, even before the patch, but the scummy business tactics pushed me away. That's an accomplishment too, because I'm usually the first one to buy anything fighting game related.

JesseRobles said on April 26, 2013 at 7:59 p.m.

Before the 2013 update, I did gave the game tons of crap because it did was horrible. But after v.2013, I consider it one of the funnest current fighting games for me.
Oh, and yeah, locking characters that were already complete just for extra cash is disgusting, and I haven't bought them, and I won't. If it was to make up for used sales, then they should have included a code to get them for free for the people that bought it new. I don't buy that bs excuse.
Anyways, I digress, the game is really fun, but not gonna support scumbag business decisions.

Koolbiird said on April 26, 2013 at 8 p.m.

I can't take the game seriously. Everything about it is corny. I can speak for myself, and it was the worst day one buy...and then GoW Judgement came out lol.

Tensa said on April 26, 2013 at 8:04 p.m.

IMO the best capcom fighter out of the big 3 capcom games right now but people are upset about on disc dlc still so I think this game wont grow much

handsofgod said on April 26, 2013 at 8:06 p.m.

best believe this game is flipping solid, good to see the pro's are still at it and supporting the growth long term this game is mental and will shine i promise you

cyn said on April 26, 2013 at 8:07 p.m.

I gave it a second chance with the delayed patch, I'm not giving it a third.

patrikstar3 said on April 26, 2013 at 8:08 p.m.

Yep #16 summed it up for me too. The 2013 update really turned the game into an actual fun fighting game and it's not like it wasn't a fun game before, that is until all the "quirks" were found out. But to override all the "shiz" that SFxT was before, including the dirty "DLC" tactics? Yeah.

Orichalkos said on April 26, 2013 at 8:09 p.m.

12 Characters for 20 bucks sounds like a steal compared to some of the prices other games have for DLC Characters (EX: UMVC3 & KOF charge 5 bucks per DLC character) so yeah =/

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 8:13 p.m.

The problem is they're not DLC characters. They're locked ones. DLC is content created after primary development.

All they're basically saying with these characters is that their game is worth $80 MSRP in comparison to other games, which is bullsh*t. We don't even have to go hypothetical on this. They pretty much flat out said that in response to the BBB claims they had filed against them for this game.

stinginghook said on April 26, 2013 at 8:17 p.m.

This game obviously needs superheroes.

KissofPoison said on April 26, 2013 at 8:20 p.m.

Their are so many problems with SFxT. The worst part is that every opportunity they had to fix it was a cost to us. Capcom had several opportunities to go back and cahnge things, or do damage control. Instead of that they failed miserably. And it doesn't make me want to go back to it.

Cardinair said on April 26, 2013 at 8:21 p.m.

One of the funnest things in Street Fighter x Tekken is to invite a friend over to your place and fight as a team online. I can see why Xbox users have more hate for the game since they don't get this function, though.

HiryuMK said on April 26, 2013 at 8:22 p.m.

Tried it again after the 2013 patch, still find it boring.

Tried watching the latest tournament matches, they bore me to death while I still find SSFIV:AE & UMvC3 exciting even if both games has a dominating player currently.

UltraTien said on April 26, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

Maverickneo said on April 26, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

First they lock content on the disc and charge us for it.
Then they release it on the vita for FREE
Then they dont even bother to fix the online issues
and they want us to come back?
This is the only game I have ever regretted buying for full price. NEVER AGAIN CAPCOM.

shinra358 said on April 26, 2013 at 8:31 p.m.

lol @ ppl can't see that supers and gems are a comeback engine.

Comeback mechanics are not bad. They are apart of the fighting game skeleton.

Needs hitstun deterioration or mega crash so ppl won't be looking at long unstoppable combos the whole time instead of actually playing.

Also needs auto launching off so won't kept launching by accident.

TrueGamingGuru said on April 26, 2013 at 8:35 p.m.

Unfortunately I don't see a lot of people to forget about the old image for SFXT (which is sad), most of the dumb trolls are just going to say stupid stuff like "SFXT sucks". It is important to expand your mind and give almost any game a go no matter what.

For SFXT its actually a decent game, its not the best. People who say "SFXT sucks" they don't have a clue of what is actually a bad fighting game. SFXT has a solid concept, but it missed couple of final touches.

When comes to SFXT fails, part of the reason why SFXT failed is the console marketing. The console marketing from Sony & Microsoft are the reasons why fighter games don't match well without the Arcade market, if SFXT had an early beta/arcade ver. before the final version is released it would've been twice as better.

Gems: I can say is something that adds new elements to fighting game, its really cool when you get to customize your play style. Gems isn't really a bad thing at all for fighting games as long as they balance it, executed well, and add limits. A good example to use Gems the wrong way was SCIV (which had more unbalance issue), plus the Auto gems is really not worth adding.

Disc Locked DLC: Another thing people will still be bothered by when comes to SFXT is disc locked content, I don't see people to forget that. When comes to Disc Locked method, it really isn't Capcom's method since other third party companies and Xbox first party group intends to do Disc Locked DLC. Its really Xbox 360's downside and the reason for Disc Locked Content. I heard part of the reason that Microsoft hasn't unlock game transfer which ends up with two separate files for main game & DLC files and Microsoft allows themselves to have Disc Locked Content with their games, and Microsoft don't really do much to prevent hackers. What Capcom was trying to do with the Disc Locked DLC, was for Online purposes when players who don't buy the DLC will still fight against players that bought the DLC. Capcom was improving from SFIV's limited access when comes to DLC, but it just somewhat wasn't the right method.

In life you can't please everyone, SFXT had a very good concept but didn't stand too well. I wasn't even bothered about the Disc Locked DLC, and I welcome the Gems idea.

When comes to people having interest to SFXT you would need to be a really die hard SF fan & Tekken fan, accept the game for what it is, and don't let couple of stuff (including the disc locked DLC) bother yourself.

RonaldRogan said on April 26, 2013 at 8:40 p.m.

Truest of the True: People were turned off by SFxTK when it first came out because of the imbalance, time outs, DLC fiasco, Gems, etc. People forgot about it.

Months and months later, a patch fixes these issues... all of a sudden the game is good... but... no one wants to pick up a game a WHOLE DAMN YEAR after it's release, the 10 ppl who stuck with it are awesome at the game and the rest of us who avoided the 2012 suckage have moved on to Injustice.

This is beyond true.

TrueGamingGuru said on April 26, 2013 at 8:43 p.m.

@30 The lock content release on Vita for free is actually Sony's contract for their PS Vita, to represent the cross buy feature for Playstation members that own both the PS3 version & Vita version.

Originally part of Sony's deal is release the DLC characters first on the PS Vita before release it on PS Store & Xbox Live Marketplace, which resulted the DLC characters were holdback until the Vita version was released. However Ayano-san release the DLC early before the Vita version was release. Sony's contract is no different compare to Microsoft's contract when comes to release DLC content first before other consoles get their's release.

rlt4life said on April 26, 2013 at 8:46 p.m.

Like it or not, one thing that's certainly true for the sfxt community is that they support the game and do all they can to keep it alive. Even when it was at it's worse, pre-2013 and with the infamous infinites and rolento glitch, people were still playing and trying to learn new tech.

People who go on about the on disk DLC hate most dlc, generally speaking, and it's usually brought up by people who had no intentions of getting the game anyways. I'll be one of the first to admit that how the DLC was handled was EXTREMELY shady, good intentions or no. But life goes on, either you get over it or you don't. Most of us have, and the game still has a strong following despite everything that went wrong. It'll do just fine.

YouDontKnowMe said on April 26, 2013 at 8:48 p.m.

The game is fun but I still struggle to find a good online connection. Every other game I can find games with great connections but not with this one for some reason.

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 8:51 p.m.

spotlesseden said on April 26, 2013 at 8:52 p.m.

this game is godlike. I would rather play this than umvc3, injustice.

ForTheViolence said on April 26, 2013 at 8:59 p.m.

game is fun, but I still don't like it enough to play it seriously.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 9:01 p.m.

Why would I be butthurt? I didn't let Capcom stick their dick in my ass.

I speak with my wallet.

Cardinair said on April 26, 2013 at 9:02 p.m.

You're acting as if the whole 'Updated v2013' thing is a unique experience. It's not. Capcom has been doing this for over 20 years now.

Street Fighter 4 was pretty 'meh', so they came up with Super Street Fighter 4 (which came out in stores for FULL PRICE on disc). SSF4 was pretty good. Then they released Arcade Edition, which you also had to pay money for. While AE fixed a lot of problems, it also added a slew of new balance issues. So the patched it into AE v2012, which was a free update.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 was okay at first, but once the DHC-glitch was discovered things just went downhill and it wasn't really all that fun to play anymore. So they brought out Ultimate MvC3 and released it in stores at a reduced price.

They have done this for pretty much EVERY VERSION of Street Fighter you can think of, and the final iterations are all hailed as some of the best fighting games out there. SF3: 3rd Strike had two iterations before it. There have been three games in the Alpha series. And I don't even know how many versions of Street Fighter 2 they came out before they settled on Super Turbo.

SFxT v2013 is pretty fun to play once you've got the hang of things. Gems can add a lot of depth to the game if you get into it, but you don't really NEED them to excel. I'll admit that the game is not all that fun to WATCH being played, although this kinda depends on the characters people are using. Then again, I don't enjoy watching Morrigan/Doom matches in UMvC3 so maybe it's a personal thing.

At any rate, yeah, your post was dumb.

Xaviuus said on April 26, 2013 at 9:03 p.m.

Just hope they make a street fighter tag get rid of the tekken roster for next gen

LordUltraNasty said on April 26, 2013 at 9:11 p.m.

I'm sure the game is solid now, and very enjoyable to others, though it didn't hold my interest for long. One of my big complaints, though purely aesthetic, is this game was a big deal since we had SF vs Tekken, but I am disappointed in the choice to basically rehash the visuals of SF4. Would have liked to seen a more unique, stand alone look.

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:12 p.m.

chipndip said on April 26, 2013 at 9:14 p.m.

Ricky: Try to debunk SF X TKN's old image and see if you like it.

E. Hubs users: I blatantly refuse.

Sounds about right. Like 3/4 of what I read here hardly has anything to do with the game's current state as a fighting game. It's all about the dlc or the pc version's bad online.

PS: "The game is corny" or "There's so many problems" isn't an actual problem with the game play of the game. As for other "problems", just like the "problems" with other fighters, many of those are highly debatable.

Evilhero said on April 26, 2013 at 9:16 p.m.

People bitching about on disc characters. Ever think that maybe they were allowed to develop those extra 12 characters beforehand because of the sales they would later bring?

How can you really be sure with any game that any off disc dlc wasn't developed alongside the main game as well?

Koolbiird said on April 26, 2013 at 9:23 p.m.

@45 Likeability of anything is debatable. I think of Paul and that stupid face and I just can't take it seriously. The fiasco was a deal breaker; but to a pro who gets the game for free anyway, of course he doesn't care about a $60 game turning into $80. Also; because of the rage from the fiasco, color palettes were given out for free. Colors man, the colors!!!! The game was intended to be a cashcow, and I'm supposed to look pass that? Watch Injustice take over the FGC simply because it implements SF inputs and takes care of the consumer...you know the people who matter.

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:23 p.m.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.

The only one whining here is you. Begging people to pay extra money and play the game.

I'm just discussing the reason why I don't play the game, as per the topic of the article.

GentleFist said on April 26, 2013 at 9:24 p.m.

This is coming from somebody who picked the game up AFTER the 2013 patch. I spent a good 2 weeks or so honing execution and skills in training, cause I'm a little bit of an execution junky :P. The combos are awesome and creative in this game, and incredibly exciting to do. Period. But when I actually started to play against people, I was met with an incredibly SLOW pace. The timeouts are still an issue, and throughout my course of playing the game I just got painfully bored and disappointed with the overall product.

That's not to say its a terrible game, I can see different points of why people like it, and I have no issues with that, but the overall game just doesn't suit my personal tastes aside from the godlike combo system.

DontTaseMeBro said on April 26, 2013 at 9:27 p.m.

20 Dollar Disc Locked Content, Game is boring as hell to watch on stream. No thanks I am good.

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:29 p.m.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

You're whining. If you don't want to read about it, don't open an article about it.

Ralycer said on April 26, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

Sfxt is legit especially with the 2013 Patch Nuff Said.

V3N0MB1T3 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:30 p.m.

If people STILL have a problem with the 12dlc characters but have YET to actually buy the game surely the price of the game has fallen to 40 dollars now right? Buy the game pay 20 to unlock the characters get the update and enjoy it like you would a 60 dollar game you would have payed for it when it first came out. Hell with the update and renewed player interest its practically like it just got released anyways.

Now if you bought that POS that was the 2012 ver at full price with its locked content and horrible balance/poorly executed game mechanics then I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to give the game another go or invest even more money into it. Outside of that, pick the game up if you haven't, like I said above with the reduced base price dlc characters and superiorly balanced mechanics of ver 2013 it like starting from day one launch.

Focusflute said on April 26, 2013 at 9:33 p.m.

Game is good ppl just like what they kno and won't give new things a chance

Cardinair said on April 26, 2013 at 9:34 p.m.

You realize you can still play the game without buying the DLC, right? They're just extra characters. The original game still has a pretty strong roster of 38 characters. I know I'm not going to talk you into liking the game, but don't act as if you HAVE to buy the DLC.

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:36 p.m.

Koolbiird said on April 26, 2013 at 9:37 p.m.

@52 Change your profile settings so you don't have to deal with SFxT news. You may dismiss the corporate tactic, but I won't. You got rid of the game, and I still have it. Who gave up on what??? I love Capcom fighters, hell I love all things fighting games. It's not about being butthurt. It's disappoint, frustration, and clear audacity to sell me such a crappy product.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 9:38 p.m.

I could, and do occasionally, when a friend wants to do tag team ranked or something. But I'd rather spend my time with games in which I can access all pre-gold content without having to bend over.

For the record, I've already stated that I do like the game. It's the pungent aftertaste of scummy business that ruins it.

TrueGamingGuru said on April 26, 2013 at 9:40 p.m.

@52 People will whine no matter what, heck maybe won't ignore the game so people can act like children. This what we get when people have too much freedom express their sob stories about DLC price, DLC method, glitches, or anything. Heck the only way to solve part of that problem is make rules so that people can't be butthurt on the comment section, even force them to grow up that would involve threating their freedom.

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:43 p.m.

NoizyChild said on April 26, 2013 at 9:44 p.m.

People still whining because they can't have what they want for free.

Just another day on the Internet.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 9:45 p.m.

How do you know he knew about the locked content when he bought it?

illness690 said on April 26, 2013 at 9:47 p.m.

Aluppoj said on April 26, 2013 at 9:47 p.m.

SSF4 retailed for $40.00. Not "FULL PRICE".

As far as SFxT..... I'm not touching the DLC issue today. #45 is balls to the wall correct.

That is all.

Est said on April 26, 2013 at 9:50 p.m.

Here's an idea: How about we give a look to games that didn't drop the ball horrendously instead. There are plenty of them out there.

Aluppoj said on April 26, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.

Edit: I meant #46.

But 45's comment is also good:)

Koolbiird said on April 26, 2013 at 10 p.m.

@62 I had no clue about the DLC until I faced a Lars/Guy team in Day 4, and thought that was screwed up I can't play with 'em. Then I find out they are already on my disc as POST DLC. That's a shady practice no matter how you swallow it. Who the f*ck buys $60 dollar milk?? Stupid analogy. Who the f*ck bitches about someone else's OPINION. YOU DO!!!! WHO IS BUTTHURT NOW???!!! YOU ARE!!! I STILL HAVE THAT GAME!!! YOU DON'T!!! I'M STILL LOYAL!!!! You're just a casual scrub that jumps to the new hotness. Get off your high horse, I'm still 10 feet above you.

InitialR said on April 26, 2013 at 10 p.m.

bahamutknightzero said on April 26, 2013 at 10:01 p.m.

#68 Good luck on that, there aren't as many as you think

BeezleBass said on April 26, 2013 at 10:02 p.m.

Loved the game from release and 2013 just made it even better. The fact that it is heavily footsie based, lacks a comeback factor, and with the addition of the roll giving it less focus on knockdown game really pays homage to old school games.

MetallicA said on April 26, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.

Make all DLC free and MAYBE just MAYBE I'll buy it again (Sold my original SFxT in a few weeks).

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.

If you're speaking of me, you should actually read my posts before trying to come up with some half-assed snark.

InitialR said on April 26, 2013 at 10:04 p.m.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 10:06 p.m.

You're not very subtle. I recall someone bitching about me supporting Injustice, can't recall the user, though.

ElHiznahn said on April 26, 2013 at 10:06 p.m.

SFxT: HERP DERP COPY/PASTE STREET FIGHTER CHARACTER MODELS FROM SSF4.

The ugly bloated SF4 style never looked good and narrow, high jump arcs are stupid. Effing lazy.

badjab326 said on April 26, 2013 at 10:08 p.m.

eh, I'm good with Injustice. I hated the concept of SFxT from the beginning.

InitialR said on April 26, 2013 at 10:09 p.m.

DarkFlare07 said on April 26, 2013 at 10:12 p.m.

alot of you idiots are like, "some people wont give new things a chance."
Uh no alot of us did give it a chance, we simply still think its a mediocre fighting game.

I personally did enjoy it for about 2 weeks then it just bored me... And dont say its cuz i may not have understood the mechanics, its a poor argument. if a game has to be deep for it to be fun then it must not be a very good game at all.

for me the fundamentals of the game just got boring. it feels sluggish, constant switching gets old, turtling and running away is worse than sf4, a b c combos are lame.

if it had the tag combo system from ttt2 i feel like it wouldve been a trillion times better. i hope sfxt2 (if they ever make one) will become faster paced also with those a b c being manually done.

stinginghook said on April 26, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.

Ricky Ortiz (and other top SFxT players): Please pot monster SFxT so I can make that rent money.

Aluppoj said on April 26, 2013 at 10:20 p.m.

I own, and have no problem with SFxT. I think it's a fun game.

But what's this "No comeback factor" business?

You've got 10 different types of Supers (exaggerating) that receive from meter gained for free by doing anything, including whiffing normals.

And the Cross Art (team super art) does as much damage as any Ultra in SF4,and requires nothing more than a hit confirm to land max meter damage...

In SF4 you must either strategically FA to earn Ultra meter. Or sacrifice actual health bar. That's not free.

Furthermore, Ultras require character specific set ups.

I have no problem with the DLC. And I like SFxT.

But I think touting this game as "not having a comeback factor" is really dumb.

AugustAPC said on April 26, 2013 at 10:20 p.m.

Guilty of supporting Injustice? No argument there.

Funny thing is, I was doing the exact same thing for SFxT during its development. The exact same thing.

My point is that I'm unwilling to support BS like online DRMs, or exploiting the DLC business model. I don't care how good a game is, or how much a patch improved gameplay. I cannot support stuff like this. It's a path I do not want to see the game industry go down. It will ruin the hobby for me.

Bulletwithbatwings said on April 26, 2013 at 10:22 p.m.

@79 - I was thinking the same thing. Injustice is superior to pretty much every Capcom fighting game available. I'm also boycotting Crapcom for snobbing the Vita with Monster Hunter 3 and 4. The worst part is that I was a huge supporter; I even defended their on disk DLC. But when they go out of their way to disregard customer loyalty (PSP made MH what it is today) that's where I draw the line.

I do also agree that while fun, the gem system with it's ridiculous micro transactions becamse overwhelming and led to me abandoning the game. I hate not having the complete edition of a fighing game, but at this point it must cost $1000 to get the complete game, which is ridiculous.

Koolbiird said on April 26, 2013 at 10:23 p.m.

@84 100% agree

Aluppoj said on April 26, 2013 at 10:26 p.m.

Your entire comment was ridiculous lol.

InitialR said on April 26, 2013 at 10:27 p.m.

Lorenzo_2003 said on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 p.m.

Since getting burned by the fiasco that was vanilla SFxT, I have not bought a single Capcom game and have no plans to for the future. I remember reading posts that basically said, "STFU and boycott Capcom, if you're so butthurt over SFxT, haha." So, yeah, I put my money where my mouth is and refuse to give Capcom any more of my money, barring some kind of miracle.

HyperGadoken said on April 26, 2013 at 10:31 p.m.

@84 Can you just...stop? If you don't like SFXT or capcom's business practices, that's fine. But stop trying to bring up the same argument on every SFXT post on this site. Just filter it out of your news feed and go talk about how Ed Boon does everything better than capcom. You'd do me a huge favor

FlashAndBlood said on April 26, 2013 at 10:32 p.m.

Hated how the game was released, so much controversy, should just stuck to their roots and give us a fighter packed with everything it can possibly hold. People talk about the less content the better, but this game doesn't hold a candle to Street Fighter Alpha 3, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure,and Rival Schools (2-disc). Actually the US release Rival Schools had a bonus Sim Date adventure game removed because Sim-Date games didn't have a market big enough in the US. Content was content, even if you didn't touch those modes, you never forgot them and they never stopped the game from being a great solid fighter.

On that note, I loved SFxTK because it felt more like Project Justice that any other game at the time. Still does, I'm glad to SFxTK becoming a big contender with the rest.

Malavero said on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 p.m.

In every single article you keep crying over "scummy tactics" and DLC characters. You sound like a broken record. I guess you are living proof that if Capcom would have lied better to you about the content you would have been okay with it. They could have easily kept the content outside the disc already finished on a server and pretend they were working on it. I think you and the rest of the crybabies wouldn't have complained if that were the case.

Also, sounds to me someone got bodied in the game and call it trash. A game with no scrubby auto-pilot vortex pressure and mashing. And you have to earn your comebacks something lazy scrubs don't even want to attempt.

thf24 said on April 26, 2013 at 10:40 p.m.

I feel like a good chunk of the problem is people not wanting to admit they were wrong about the game's potential after bashing it for almost a year.

chipndip said on April 26, 2013 at 10:40 p.m.

@81: But Marvel has something similar, and Persona 4 has, literally, an auto-combo system. The abc combo actually adds a good amount of value to characters like Abel and Zangief, who, in a footsie-heavy game with combos, can't really combo that well off of their best footsie tools. To the very least, they can convert a confirm into a few lights and a tag or a sweep. Other characters don't necessarily need boost chains to deal damage at all. It's an option, sure, but it's not like 2012 where those with the best boost chain were based-God characters.

I agree that if they do run this back with a sequel, they'll definitely have to decrease the freaking screen size, make supers and cross arts freeze the timer, and reduce some people's backward walk speed. Outside of that, it's pretty much golden as it is right now.

Well...could do a bit more rebalancing, but the balance of this game is pretty much SFIV level with a bigger roster.

@83: Standard meter moves were never considered comeback mechanics. You build and burn them, just like in any other fighting game that utilizes them. by either being offensive or getting hurt. X-Factor and ultra combos scale according to how bad you're getting beat, especially ultra combos (they literally scale almost perfectly to even out remaining life, rather than just finishing the match). The difference is that you can be on offense and still gain meter. You can't be owning the whole time and have a level 3 X-Factor, and you'd have to be based-God to get a ultra combo win with full health.

GrimmjawJin said on April 26, 2013 at 10:41 p.m.

I gave this game a LOT of chances. Won't make the same mistake again...

Cardinair said on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 p.m.

Fair enough. I can respect that point of view. I don't feel as strongly about DLC as you do, but that's me.

Saying Injustice is better better than Third Strike and Super Turbo less than TWO WEEKS after its release is just outright stupid. We have no idea how this game will turn out yet. Look at UMvC3 when it was released. I remember people saying Morrigan was Garbage-tier and that they may as well have removed her from the roster with the nerfs to her airdash.

As for Injustice... eh, the game isn't for me. The gameplay has a solid base, but the animations and character designs just looks weird to me. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but I can't get into it.

ScrubStep said on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 p.m.

Call me crazy but i liked xtekken v2012 better, but nobody wanted to try to play the game how it was built to be played (IE. Gems, 2v2, reletless Cross assault offense) they all wanted to play SF4 the cross tekken edition.

Oh. and my main got nerfed.

Malavero said on April 26, 2013 at 10:43 p.m.

I believe the haters will never do that. It's a shame an amazing game like this had to suffer from such negativity. Thank God, the game's netcode and the its dedicated online community carried it through the tough times. Finally it's recovering...

Aluppoj said on April 26, 2013 at 10:44 p.m.

This! This! Exactly This!

This! This! Exactly This!

Thank you fellas! OMG it feels great to be in good company!

Koolbiird said on April 26, 2013 at 10:47 p.m.

Now we're all just bashing each other. Who likes Disc-Locked Content(DLC)? I don't. Down Loadable Content (DLC)? Is awesome. That's the real issue we have here. Yes every game company does it. Sure they may lie to us, but it's getting caught in the lie that you have repercussions.

InitialR said on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 p.m.

Load more comments