Red Son costume pack GameStop exclusive when you preorder Injustice: Gods Among Us

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • September 29, 2012 at 12:36 p.m. PDT
Trendy Gamers posted an article today giving a bit of information on preorder bonuses for Injustice: Gods Among Us. If you preorder the game now at EB Games Canada and soon at GameStop USA, you will receive the Red Son Costume pack free.

The costumes in this pack are modeled after the Red Son story line that explores what would have happened if Superman landed in the Soviet Union instead of Smallville. You will get a costume for Superman, Wonder Woman, Solomon Grundy and will also include 20 additional missions that follow the Red Son story line.

Click image for larger version

Tip by an anonymous submitter.

Comments

burningwood said on September 29, 2012 at 12:50 p.m.

Though I've never been a fan of the DC universe, Red Son is a phenomenal story. This DLC alone piques my interest in this game.

NyuBomber said on September 29, 2012 at 12:58 p.m.

Pretty neat. Means more DLC could follow other DC storylines, I like it.

InitialR said on September 29, 2012 at 1:10 p.m.

shinpichu said on September 29, 2012 at 2:11 p.m.

Neato.

tidestick said on September 29, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.

pre-order? how about just throw it in the game for everyone. Awww, to much to ask? Hmm

LK said on September 29, 2012 at 2:47 p.m.

exclusive pre-order bonuses are just a ploy to get retailers to order more copies of a game... it's a money thing.

All of them become paid DLC later on, so no difference.

Evil_Hayato said on September 29, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.

I keep feeling like this game is going to have a $#!t ton of DLC. And I doubt any of it will be free since DC controls the properties unlike with MK where you got free costumes with the updates/DLC characters.

BestAlgorithm said on September 29, 2012 at 2:54 p.m.

God please tell me this game is gonna have different pre-order bonuses for different retailers. I love that kind of stuff

Ex_Ein said on September 29, 2012 at 3:21 p.m.

If there's a batman beyond then I'm down.
If there's an arkham city pack I'm down.
If there's a flashpoint pack I'm down.
Depending on the story/character design I may be down.

vd00m said on September 29, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

Can't see myself buying this game. I tried mk9 and played it 4 times.

ruhulA said on September 29, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

Sick! Multiple storylines?

jtir123 said on September 29, 2012 at 4:31 p.m.

I don't like exclusive preorders =( Though I might get this game from gamestop...

BumblebeeCody said on September 29, 2012 at 4:32 p.m.

@burningwood
I'm just about to start Red Son. I've heard nothing but praise from that story (as well as Kingdom Come).

Guybrush20X6 said on September 29, 2012 at 4:53 p.m.

No Ushanka Batman costume? :(

Looks cool regardless though I wish they revealed some more fighters.

TheSureFireGamer said on September 29, 2012 at 4:58 p.m.

@Ex_Ein

If there's a Blackest Night pack, I'm midnight pickup!

h1tm0nl33 said on September 29, 2012 at 5:15 p.m.

if they do Blackest Night and Kingom Come this will be a Midnight Special Edtion pick up in my book.

bahamutknightzero said on September 29, 2012 at 5:21 p.m.

Even if I don't end up playing Injustice, those are some really nice costumes

EvilRick said on September 29, 2012 at 6:32 p.m.

They had only revealed like 8-9 characters so fra and they're already with the pre-order DLC bonus, meh.

The costume slook neat tough.

MALDA_IS_BACK said on September 30, 2012 at 2:02 a.m.

Kingdom Come is the best

FutureRyan said on September 30, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

yawn

Kenshiro said on September 30, 2012 at 10:53 a.m.

What type of idiot comes into a blog article and yawns at legit news?

Anyway I hope THAT Wonder Woman is more in line with the in game model.

Ex_Ein said on September 30, 2012 at 11:18 a.m.

@15/Surefire
it'd work out especially since:
Flash became a Blue Lantern
Wonder became a Star Sapphire
Batman and Superman both became black lanterns
Beside that none of the other currently selected characters played a role.

BUYACUSHUN said on September 30, 2012 at 8:10 p.m.

i think they are either tryin to make the other characters a surprise or we are gonna se a release delay. . .wither im HYPED