Posted by SFilp • September 25, 2012 at 12:58 p.m. PDT
Harada guarantees patch to improve Tekken Tag Tournament 2's online matchmaking and offline difficulty change Since the release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Katsuhiro Harada has been receiving numerous questions and statements on his Twitter. With some very specific questions about the game's online system and difficulty he has confirmed they are working on a patch to lower the waiting time in ranked matches along with changing the difficulty of the offline modes.

Please!! update the online in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 because i take a long time waiting to play ranked match. — TheNaif1

One hundred percent guarantee......

Any chance of adding Very Easy mode for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, greart game, but I struggle. — 1603Chaz

We will do change difficulty next update(October 9).

Comments

Meety said on September 25, 2012 at 1:04 p.m.

I like when Harada is sure of himself that game will be just right after this patch. Shot, at least he's trying. Hope it does work.

brasco3808 said on September 25, 2012 at 1:07 p.m.

why cant they add instant rematch in private player matches like they have in umvc3...it sucks to have to go all the way back to the lobby after every fight just to pick the same team u was just using smh.

Torrie_De_Goddess said on September 25, 2012 at 1:13 p.m.

If you're having a hard time on easy mode, then maybe fighting games aren't for you. And this is coming from someone that welcomes everyone.

Shadowninja said on September 25, 2012 at 1:14 p.m.

Harada is the best
Ono is the best at trolling >=D

trainingdummy said on September 25, 2012 at 1:15 p.m.

i noticed some slowdown in the x-mas themed level. it wasn't debilitating, but it was noticeable. and this is offline.

Championship_Edition said on September 25, 2012 at 1:17 p.m.

The Christmas level causes the most slowdown so far on both PS3 and 360.

I was under the impression that there's slowdown in the arcade version as well during tags and tag assault but not sure if that's on the Christmas stage in arcade or elsewhere.

trainingdummy said on September 25, 2012 at 1:20 p.m.

apparently so, but this is the first time i noticed it.

illness690 said on September 25, 2012 at 1:24 p.m.

Grahf said on September 25, 2012 at 1:33 p.m.

totally agree with #3.

I don't think Easy mode should be in Video games at all. The easiest you should get is Normal, you can't handle that, find another hobby.

dro2191 said on September 25, 2012 at 1:33 p.m.

at # 3 i dont know if you played the game, but coming from someone who played the game, even on easy mode the computer al juggles the sh*t outta you like a professional, im not for a very easy mode but for people who do struggle i don't mind,

XxAngelChunLixX said on September 25, 2012 at 1:40 p.m.

Not gonna front, this is my first tekken game that I played before I gave away T6 many many years ago. The first team I picked in Arcade was Lili/Asuka, and Jun was owning my ass, not gonna start with what Unknown was doing.

I'm good now though. ^.^"

RedRapperSux said on September 25, 2012 at 1:40 p.m.

@3 Really? Sometimes it takes a little bit of time. You've probably been beat by someone that had to have their hand held the first time they played a fighting game.

Tensa said on September 25, 2012 at 1:42 p.m.

wow I thought normal was sorta easy,anyways glad he improving the matchmaking sucks to fight someone with 4 wins and 200 loss or 0-0

jthedude said on September 25, 2012 at 1:43 p.m.

at #3, too bad not everyone is a fighting game god like yourself.

nunyabusiness said on September 25, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.

The online lag on T6BR was unbearable - how is the lag on TTT2?

mo123 said on September 25, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.

#3 If someone wants to play an actual easy mode, they should be able to. You can still play on any difficulty you like. And this is coming from someone who thinks all comments on this site are well thought out and reasonable...

illness690 said on September 25, 2012 at 1:56 p.m.

LarenzW said on September 25, 2012 at 1:59 p.m.

I understand the online patch part, but very easy, come on. This game is not that hard. There is a practice mode for a reason. I play on ultra hard.

LeonX said on September 25, 2012 at 2:11 p.m.

Someone want a very easy mode LoL... I guess that guy will never play online

Rahavic said on September 25, 2012 at 2:26 p.m.

Wait now he's going to IMPROVE the online play? That's like giving a gold bar a bath in champagne! Can't wait!

kontrad1cti0n said on September 25, 2012 at 2:36 p.m.

Some people need to remove that stick out of their ass and calm down. I would love a super easy mode, so that I can give the game to my little cousin to start him off right.

Ermahgerd hard is easy for, so they shouldn't include it in the game. Anyone that closed minded is a f*cking idiot.

Wardog said on September 25, 2012 at 2:41 p.m.

Harada team really need to fix the quick pause that happens online.. i hate it when i do a combo and in the middle of it the game will freeze for a sec, like the game is pausing. especially on a good connections.

BUYACUSHUN said on September 25, 2012 at 2:42 p.m.

Better online sure.

Very easy mode. . .give that guy some pointers. Maybe he just doesn't understand the basics of the game. Yesterday i thought a friend to quick roll.

FightDirty said on September 25, 2012 at 3:02 p.m.

No need for a very easy mode. Easy mode is too easy as it is, and I'm far from a Tekken master. My copy has experienced zero lag and I even have custom music on most of the stages. Time for someone to invest in a new PS3.

DunnDeal said on September 25, 2012 at 3:06 p.m.

Arcade is not hard at all on the lowest difficulty. No, I am not a Tekken god and I'm extremely far from it. There are some moves that the AI just doesn't block (Never), figure them out. I was kinda glad that Jun gave me some problems when I first fought her. Her juggles were insane and I actually stole stuff from the her in the Boss stage. Lol

As for updates: I hope they fix that problem where the game freezes for a second when someone joins a lobby. That's why I only play quick match now but I love like the lobbies better.

Kalyx_triaD said on September 25, 2012 at 3:35 p.m.

I played arcade mode on hard with friends in Pair Play. It's tough, but it teaches you range and unsafe/punish moves as good as SoulCalibur on harder settings does. I recommend it even if you're getting creamed.

Wardog said on September 25, 2012 at 3:51 p.m.

@FightDirty. actually my system works fine and my internet connection is good, so maybe its just their sever just hiccup sometimes, i don't know. it doesn't do it frequently though

Bombs_of_Truth said on September 25, 2012 at 8:06 p.m.

I really don't understand this elitist attitude of "hardcore" gamers. If you do not want to play EASY, don't use it. Arcade mode is flawed since it uses the ghost data. Difficulty only affects Time Attack and one other mode I'm forgetting.

Really, imagine having a casual friend come over your house and he selects Arcade Mode in the lowest difficulty setting. He will get wrecked if your characters already ranked up since the Ghost AI scales with you.

Oh, and stop pointing out you could exploit the AI by performing scrubby tactics. You won't learn that way.

ROSHINOBI said on September 25, 2012 at 8:57 p.m.

lol..lower offline difficulty...how scrubby and lame are these complainers...i cleared this game in 5days was my 21st platinum...with everything on normal...besides my 4 year old nephew can at least make to unknown on arcade mode set to normal...i can sense you haters finding a reason to hate on TTT2...BACK OFF UPDATES AND PATCHES RUIN ALREADY GREAT GAMES!!!!...u boys need a lesson add me on psn (MYNAMEISMEL)

ukyo_rulz said on September 25, 2012 at 10:14 p.m.

#15 the online is pretty slick, and I'm not normally one to praise netcode. I'm very sensitive to lag so I was surprised to be able to do tag assault combos online with little difficulty. It's better than SF4 and UMVC3 netcode by a mile, though not quite as good as GGPO.

miyodarius said on September 25, 2012 at 10:23 p.m.

When I saw the title "offline difficulty change" I thought. Oh, he is gonna going to improve the AI's difficulty in Ghost Mode. Only to read they are making an easier mode? If you can't beat CPU in easy already, just stop playin TTT2

abnerayag said on September 25, 2012 at 11:05 p.m.

I wish they'd increase the difficulty for the GHOST BATTLES as well, and have more varied tag team combinations, since they're so repetitive and just changing ranks/names/whatever basically.

ARCADE BATTLE difficulty is about enough to keep me on my toes on ultra-hard but I can't boost/unlock items/endings that way.

DunnDeal said on September 25, 2012 at 11:17 p.m.

Do you know how many times I've fought #KAZAMASTER# in ghost battles? I'm not complaining though, I get stuff Everytime I beat her.

Rising_Jaguar said on September 26, 2012 at 2:38 a.m.

freakin noobs asking for very easy mode.
just stop playing already.

mumbojimbob said on September 26, 2012 at 3:45 a.m.

What about instant rematch online? It is even lacking offline since the game decides to re-load the same level and characters! How come ppl don't see this a a huge problem?

SlvrNightMKII said on September 26, 2012 at 6:09 a.m.

I honestly find it quite disturbing how close-minded and elitist a lot of these people are. I seriously cannot understand why some people are upset that there's going to be a very easy mode. If you're good enough to play on Ultra Hard, go ahead and keep doing that. Simply ignore the fact there's an even lower difficulty setting now. It's not like Harada's going to take away the higher difficulties or anything.

Or, what, can some people just not stand the thought that there's people playing the game that are bad at it? Oh, and the whole "if you need a lower difficulty than easy, you shouldn't be playing" mentality is absolutely atrocious. Seriously, what's wrong with some of you?

Oh, and I agree with abnerayag (#33). More varied teams for Ghost Battle would be great.

BattleJoe said on September 26, 2012 at 7:18 a.m.

#37 Phew, a reasonably comment. obviously if people have no idea how to play the game they're gonna need stepping stones. If it doesn't concern you why get upset about it? I won't use very easy mode, but I will admit that after a 10+ year Tekken hiatus, this is the first arcade mode boss in a while that has given me trouble. That said, the last thing that does is make me want to stop playing, because the game is so good.

Some fighting game players really need to realize that these are GAMES and although it takes determination to be a good player, they are still GAMES and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Bank said on September 26, 2012 at 8:20 a.m.

There should be a Very Easy mode added and an Impossible mode =0 Very easy AI will only use item moves to attack. Impossible will predict everything and only be strikeable when they either whiff or use a punishable attack + secret extra final boss Tekken Mishima who has infinite unblockable hell sweeps and spams Jinpachi's stun from T5 vanilla :P

Dashane said on September 30, 2012 at 7:39 a.m.

Lol I would just practice to be honest. I'm kinda new to tekken myself seeing as its my 1st 3D fighting game.