Screenshots of Tekken Tag Tournament 2's Tekken Tunes and Tekken Theater, DLC size and contents noted

Posted by Nate 'Nyoro' Young • September 8, 2012 at 9:24 a.m. PDT
Aeria managed to find even more Tekken Tag 2 music and theater DLC on the Xbox Live Marketplace. He notes that there is a DLC pack titled Tekken Tag 2 Bonus Pack A which contains music from Tekken 1, 2, 3, and Tag Tournament 1, 134 tracks overall. Also discovered was the Tekken Tag 2 Bonus Movies pack which contains cutscenes from the older Tekken games.

Harada did mention on his Twitter that if he were to apply charges to DLC, it would be for content such as this. It doesn't guarantee anything though as it's just as likely to be free. Hit the jump to see all the screenshots.

All work done by Aeria.

Comments

maxs2d2ace said on September 8, 2012 at 9:33 a.m.

i swear this is the most epic game i've seen in a long time

diorjets said on September 8, 2012 at 9:33 a.m.

F-ck tekken, Kat confirmed for Playstation All-Stars! GOTYAY

Shadowninja said on September 8, 2012 at 9:52 a.m.

#2 F--k you and your allstars this game is getting crazy:D

chrishipop5 said on September 8, 2012 at 9:56 a.m.

This is the game that'll bring developers to their knees. TAG2 is the 2012 apocalypse.

rudiano said on September 8, 2012 at 9:56 a.m.

I hope the cutscenes from the older games have been remastered in HD, and not just a simple port of the SD videos.

diorjets said on September 8, 2012 at 10:08 a.m.

This game is too much at this point. So much free shi-t, I'll buy it just because it has more content than any fighting game ever.

Championship_Edition said on September 8, 2012 at 10:09 a.m.

The cut scenes for past games are CG rendered; there's no higher resolution original film to remaster from, so they're probably going to be SD.

The original assets used to create the CG animation in the first place likely no longer even exist, so they wouldn't be able to re-render them at a higher resolution.

KissofPoison said on September 8, 2012 at 10:13 a.m.

Just give me Michelle's stage music from Tekken 2!!!!! I will give ANNNNYYYYYTHING for it, can anyone confirm it?

RQNinja said on September 8, 2012 at 10:22 a.m.

I support TTT2 and its paid DLC. Fans should as well! =D

ya_boy said on September 8, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

Lol at you believing in false rumors. That game is gonna bomb cause the cast sucks and one little anime girl won't save it which is why she is not gonna be in it.
This article is about Tekken and all the good stuff in it. Not some lame Smash Bros. rip off.

ArcShawdow said on September 8, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

#8 Well you can add your own tracks I think so you could always download it off the internet and place it inside the game.

diorjets said on September 8, 2012 at 10:40 a.m.

shut the fu-ck up guy, you sound like a fuc-king idiot

Kenshiro said on September 8, 2012 at 10:56 a.m.

^ Says the tool bringing up a completely unrelated game.

Take your salty ass elsewhere.

chrishipop5 said on September 8, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.

Lmao.

Ppl with leaked copies on xbla.

gtfopanda said on September 8, 2012 at 11:32 a.m.

Just so much content!

aeria said on September 8, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.

I bought my copy. Not a leak.

-aeria

gigantor21 said on September 8, 2012 at 11:48 a.m.

Why is Tuesday taking so long!? D:

illness690 said on September 8, 2012 at 12:35 p.m.

xShonuffx said on September 8, 2012 at 12:47 p.m.

Due to money I won't officially be able to play this till next thursday but it is on reserve, can't wait :)

Relikk said on September 8, 2012 at 1:55 p.m.

I wonder which version of the Tekken Tag 1 soundtrack it is... Arcade or PS2? Both of them would be nice but, I hope it's the PS2 version rather than the arcade. It's a classic soundtrack.

aeria said on September 8, 2012 at 2:14 p.m.

I'll find out for you. Right now.

KissofPoison said on September 8, 2012 at 2:21 p.m.

Aeria can you pleeease tell me that Michelle's stage music from Tekken 2 is in it? I'm almost sure but I will be antsy until confirmed.

DunnDeal said on September 8, 2012 at 2:24 p.m.

GRRRR Everytime some major game comes out that I want, there's always some big college assignment that I have to do. Why god? Why?

aeria said on September 8, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.

@20 @22

ALL tekken music in there. The arranged and original versions of Tekken 3 and TTT1 soundtracks are present in the game. Michelle's stage music is also there.

EVERY SONG. EVERY classic tekken game. Even the credit rolls, result songs, continue music, staff roll, character select, hidden character songs, etc. It's not limited to the character tracks.

Also take note there's greyed out options for Tekken 4, 5, and 6. Expect them.

aeria said on September 8, 2012 at 2:32 p.m.

Update: Forest Law's console track sounds better than any youtube version or the original game.

Unless it's my mind playing tricks on me, I'm convinced this is the highest quality version of the tracks you can get.

-aeria

KissofPoison said on September 8, 2012 at 2:34 p.m.

Namco can just take all my money ever period like... I'm totally impressed with this. TOTAL fan service.

illness690 said on September 8, 2012 at 3:01 p.m.

Relikk said on September 8, 2012 at 3:49 p.m.

@ aeria

Cheers, thanks.

Evil_Hayato said on September 8, 2012 at 4:20 p.m.

This should kind of be expected considering tekkens' track record in their console ports. Every Tekken game has always had alot to offer and had a crap ton of features. Did anyone ever play tekken 5 on ps2? It came with the arcade versions of Tekken 1-3 as well as galaga. That was one of the coolest things ive seen in a fighting game and was especially great for me to bring back memories of tekken 1.

Kaiyuss said on September 8, 2012 at 4:34 p.m.

I've been thinking about this a lot. People don't realize that Namco has been loading down Tekken and Soul Calibur with TONS of content since the LAST freaking gen. TTT2 having this much content is NO surprise to anybody who's been following the series for the past decade.

This is what happens when people like Capcom decide to take a break from fighters for a decade, and then re-surface and release SF4. Released with zero content, zero customization, and they even charge outlandishly for second skins. And people wonder why Capcom gets hate.

DunnDeal said on September 8, 2012 at 4:49 p.m.

I can't wait to listen to Kazuya, Michelle, Lee, and King's Tekken 2 themes. And Law, Jin, Nina, Xiaoyu, and King's Tekken 3 themes :)

Dblock209 said on September 8, 2012 at 5:21 p.m.

Tekken 3 had the best music of the whole series.

I can still remember hearing King's theme and getting pumped and ready to fight.

Or take a 5 slam link....

leapoffaithfighter said on September 8, 2012 at 5:28 p.m.

tekken 3 music yea!!! lets do this

TheDeadTexan said on September 8, 2012 at 6:01 p.m.

This is paid DLC, right?

If so, I'm glad I've got rips of these on my computer so I can use them via Tekken Tunes.

aeria said on September 8, 2012 at 6:36 p.m.

Since it's not officially announced yet, no idea if it's free or not on release date.

The bikini bundle and the pre-order characters are on disc. They are unlocked by a 100 kilobyte download.

The tekken tunes and gallery movies aren't on disc. Neither of them have been formally announced as well.

DunnDeal said on September 8, 2012 at 6:54 p.m.

My guess is that it would be free because people could just download the OST on their own so it would be useless to make it paid DLC.

aeria said on September 8, 2012 at 7:06 p.m.

My guess is the opposite. DLC takes up bandwidth. Bandwidth isn't free for publishers.

Anyone who plays AE on the PS3 knows you can't view the 3rd wave of alternate costumes against online players unless you buy them yourself. Why? Because it would cost money for Capcom to do something that they would literally get no return on.

But nothing official yet so your guess is as good as mine. Free or not... it at least exists. :P

Jake_da_Thrilla said on September 8, 2012 at 9:49 p.m.

Namco REALLY outdid themselves this time. Quite bluntly, I couldn't blame them it the music and older cutscenes were paid DLC.

I swear, Tuesday cannot come fast enough!!

ZeDudd said on September 9, 2012 at 1:23 a.m.

Aaah, you guys have it good!
We here in europe have to wait until the 14th!

Also can't wait to see who are the other yet unconfirmed characters.
Harada said there will be "many" more, i'm wondering if it's actually just one more, or maybe a whole bundle of characters.
Can you imagine that? How mind-blowing would that be if we'd see 5 or 6 new characters after a few month?
...but i'm getting too greedy i guess. : P

<3 Namco

jnw93 said on September 9, 2012 at 6:44 a.m.

yup this is gona be fighting game of the year, maybe best game all round cant wait for friday!

aeria said on September 9, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.

See I originally wanted to put this on neogaf. But I'm not going to pay for my email address just to register for their site. lol

BC a minority is even aware of this DLC right now.