Top 30 Capcom 2D fighter themes, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 'Swagtastic' combos, Shin Sakura SSF4 AE v2012 PC mod and more

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • October 14, 2012 at 11:03 a.m. PDT
HonmaruTV put together a compilation of various themes from Capcom 2D fighting games. They are ranked in a top 30 list with such themes as Cammy's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo theme, E. Honda's Street Fighter Alpha 3 them and more included.

Hit the jump for more.

ZeroillusionX uploaded a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom video that shows off a ton of impressive combos using multiple characters on the roster.

Orgolove put together a video showing an insane Shin Sakura PC mod for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012. This Sakura has Sobat kicks, multiple fireballs, a crazy meteor super and more.

Bxcubariikan718 uploaded an audio track of a Capcom panel from New York Comic-Con where various Capcom employees talk about how they got a job in the video game industry and how you could go about doing the same.

Tips by louisacosta11 and a few anonymous submitters.

Comments

Rahavic said on October 14, 2012 at 11:17 a.m.

Instead of these 10 year old games, can we please get a TvC multi-platform release with netcode? GIMME GIMME!! >_<

LeonX said on October 14, 2012 at 11:24 a.m.

#1 I want too :(

icejohn said on October 14, 2012 at 11:29 a.m.

Back in the dayz where their soundtracks were awesome, instead of terrible.

J said on October 14, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.

I'd love that.
Ryu/Polimar ALL DAY ERR DAY.

Model_M said on October 14, 2012 at 11:32 a.m.

@3 Word.

phoenixkusanagi said on October 14, 2012 at 11:34 a.m.

Am I supposed to be impressed by the Shin Sakura mod? It just seems a recipe for ungodly amounts of cheapness. (I thought Igniz was bad.) I wonder, are there any legitimate mods out there for boss characters or is that a trick question?

Rahavic said on October 14, 2012 at 11:38 a.m.

@3 Agreed. What's SFxT have like 4 songs total in it? smh ST has still my favorite OST ever. :)

shinclimax said on October 14, 2012 at 11:43 a.m.

I loved TvC! Even more than UMvC3. Baroque and Mega crash >>> x-factor in my opinion. lol

Neoxon said on October 14, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.

Eh, I say let Nintendo have it's own exclusive fighter (I'm probably saying this because I have a Wii, but still).

If anything, the Wii U should get TvC2.

Existent said on October 14, 2012 at 12:05 p.m.

No Eagle SF1 theme? No Guy Alpha 3 theme?

badjab326 said on October 14, 2012 at 12:23 p.m.

No Doom or Psylocke MSH themes? Those are god tier capcom music pieces.

Also that TvC vid really makes me wish Batsu was in MvC.

fighter5717 said on October 14, 2012 at 12:48 p.m.

Agreed

hazelnut1112 said on October 14, 2012 at 12:53 p.m.

@1 Maybe we might see a TvC 2 for Wii U? I certainly hope so.

I bet on the application for Capcom it says something about Megaman and if you answer "Who is that again?" you will guarantee yourself a job.

SnakeX said on October 14, 2012 at 12:53 p.m.

Why? Console exclusivity is a quick way to shorten the lifespan of a fighting game. TvC especially, since that's already niche enough as it is.

Gurou_Kun said on October 14, 2012 at 12:57 p.m.

What about Rose(SFA2/SFA3), Sakura(SFA2), Tower of Arrogance(DS3), Spiderman(MSH), New York (CvS2)... I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting quite a lot of good themes, but two Wolverine themes?, yuck

xShonuffx said on October 14, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.

#1 Im making a prediction. TvC2 Wii U 2013. Mark this day.

mrambitious said on October 14, 2012 at 1:37 p.m.

If only Capcom listened to customers instead of VP's. Sorry Capcom VP's but instead of re-releasing Darkstalkers just give us the new game. Those games are readily available on any ISO website and PSX emulators run well on even the worst PC's. I personally have around 30 old school psx and ps2 fighting games on my pc all which run perfectly. Ranges from JoJo's Bizarre to MVC2, including all marvel vs and SF vs titles. I even have Capcom Fighting Evolution LOLOLOL, who the hell needs to pay $20 for an outdated fighter when it's free..........................

xShonuffx said on October 14, 2012 at 1:57 p.m.

@17 These games are not $20 dollars, your just inflating the numbers to make it sound worst than it is.

While we all want new games, Capcom has the right to profit from their games regardless of what other platforms they are on.

And not everyone has the old consoles and if you think about it the number of people who own an Xbox 360 or PS3 far outweigh the number of people with PSX's, PC's, and other old consoles and ports. They also don't have any of the extra features, most notibly online mode.

And before someone says "GGP0" as well as other "free" emulators and such. 1: Its illegal (even if Capcom says nothing, they could) to play those games on there without the orignal rom which I assume most people do not have. 2: Again, most people don't have a PC or may not know how to go through all the mess to get a working and clean emulator (Did I mention its illegal?).

I think considering the high demand for these games it is a smart buisness decision to re-release these games in HD with updated modes and graphics.

But again, your one person out of many, I doubt Capcom would miss you if you pass on the game.

sarif2soon said on October 14, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.

what about zangief's ST theme? seth's theme? juri? akuma's mvc3? phoenix wright's? charlie's A3? rose's A3? dictator's sf4? chun's sf4? claw's A3? karin's? gen's A3? she-hulk's? boxer's ST? dudley's ssf4? makoto's ssf4 and 3s? ken's sf4? dictator's ST? yun's 3s? fei long's ST? WHERE IS PITSTOP 109?!?!

i have all of these on my cellphone.

@18:
is it okay to have an emulated arcade version of a game if i have a re-release of it on console? (haven't read your whole post)

100thMonkey said on October 14, 2012 at 3:04 p.m.

@17 alot of those ports (especially PS ones) were terrible ports of the games, apart from mame ones. Also those ports don't have internet connectivity so have fun playing by yourself or locally (again mame ones don't count due to excellent service from GGPO and Supercade)

Existent said on October 14, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

Is doing something illegal morally wrong?

Lemres said on October 14, 2012 at 5:51 p.m.

@18: Actually there was an article way back that I read which explained that downloading roms and playing them on emulators were now legal but only for games that are played on discontinued systems like the Genesis or PS1. And most emulators are legal.

JiCi said on October 14, 2012 at 6:46 p.m.

Glad to see TvC getting something... too bad a sequel isn't gonna come anytime soon :(

Hayabusa_San said on October 14, 2012 at 7:17 p.m.

Came for the Tatsunoko vs Capcom video, and go with a big smile after seen the video. Man, such a great game and pretty much underappreciated, just because it is a Wii exclusive.

(Proud owner of a TvC copy)

BUYACUSHUN said on October 14, 2012 at 7:52 p.m.

Now why do i enjoy TvC CMVs more than UMvC3? Wish it was multi-platform

msdoisdf said on October 15, 2012 at 4:19 a.m.

ChipsLight said on October 15, 2012 at 6:09 a.m.

Kakyoin's Theme is in, it's enough for me.

MJTH said on October 15, 2012 at 7:30 a.m.

Proud owner of TvC also, TvC2 on Wii U would be a godly announcement if it did happen. TvC was (is) awesome, it's just a shame that the since the online was bad the community didn't take off like it should of...

But then again if there was a sequel I would just want the same game but with a few more characters and that is about it (apart from better online as well), not much else is wrong with that game.

Check895 said on October 15, 2012 at 1:20 p.m.

What a top 30...
Seriously, SFxT ? 2 Wolverine's tracks ? Guile's Theme so underrated ?
And damn, Where is my Q Theme and my 3s Makoto Theme ?

Nanbara said on October 18, 2012 at 12:51 p.m.

Again, for the 2349023942 time. The PSX ports of any CPS2 fighter are *NOT ARCADE PERFECT*, they have terrible loading times, missing animation, missing frames, ugly graphics, the list goes on and on... People constantly bring them up, and I simply don't understand why