Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • November 27, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. PST
EventHubs Fight Tracker — revolutionary new system for finding and networking with fighting game players We're very pleased to officially unveil the EventHubs Fight Tracker, a revolutionary new system for the fighting game community to find players to compete with — either in person or online. The major components are:

Player search: Sorted by distance, it shows you which gamers are nearby so you can either play in person or find people with low ping times for online gaming. An advanced search system lets you filter which system(s), games and skill ratings you want to see in the results. For example, if you only want to play people on PSN who are a skill level 8 or higher in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 and reside in a 100 mile square radius, it's possible to set this up, along with many other specific scenarios.

Profile pages: Our new profile pages give you access to private messages, blocking and the ability add friends to your EventHubs account. You can also view details about other users, including the games they play and their gamertags, plus past comment history.

Private messaging: We also have a private messaging system available now, so you can contact other users directly and setup gaming sessions and more.

FAQ

What do I need to get this going?
If you can comment on the front page, you're set. Simply login with your username/password and enter details as needed. If you don't have a commenting account, sign up for one and you're good to go.

Are user skill ratings for games monitored for accuracy?
No. Those areas are for your own personal judgment of your abilities, and can be changed at any time. We will not edit or change these, they're simply your own assessment of your fighting game prowess, or lack thereof.

Can I opt out of the Fight Tracker and private messaging?
Yes. For the Fight Tracker, you actually have to use the system to be included in it, but if you decide you don't want to be included anymore after trying it out, simply edit your EventHubs profile and check the box to opt out. Similar options exist for the private messaging system.

I see Events and Venues in the Fight Tracker, what's up with these?
These areas are coming soon. We'll have more details on them in the near future.

I'm concerned about privacy.
We've taken quite a few steps to ensure privacy with the Fight Tracker. Even if you try to give us your street address information, we won't accept it. Our system will slice out specific details and we'll further mask your location from other users by placing you in a generic region. Also, as far as the distance indicator shows, you could be however many miles in any direction from the other users. Unless you specifically give your information to another user via a private message, or some other means, they will not know your specific location — as this is information we ourselves don't even have. Ensuring privacy was VERY important with this application. Due to the way the Fight Tracker works, users will have a general idea of how far away from you they are, but since you could be in any direction within a 20 mile or greater square radius, you'll be fairly hidden in the proverbial cloud.

What are your guy's future plans for expanding this?
A LOT of stuff is planned, but we'll be revealing details in the future. There is some very exciting stuff that will be built into and onto the Fight Tracker. Stay tuned.

I have a question or comment that wasn't covered here.
Please submit it to this story, we'll actively be checking it for user responses.

You can get more background and details about future plans for the Fight Tracker in the interview we did with Cross Counter and if you want some more in-depth info on the private messaging system, check out this post.

A huge shout out goes to the entire EventHubs team for making this project a reality. TheUncharted did brilliant work coding this new area, while SFilp, Dreamking23 and Nyoro helped with debugging and consultant work to make this a solid and thorough application. Also, big shout outs to the mod team of Zombiebrian, FatMus2, Snipeclips, Keyblade, |Virtua Kazama| and x Who Is Alpha for contributing to make this a better project.

Enjoy.

Comments

shades_of_grey said on November 26, 2012 at 8:36 p.m.

I like #79's standardization. I wonder if I should list games I dont play much anymore, and put the rating as if I were in my prime? Nah, probably better to list present day skill level. Currently focused on TTT2 personally, will get back into SFxT once I'm better at Tekken, and especially after the v.2013 patch drops.

genesiskhan said on November 26, 2012 at 8:41 p.m.

wow 401 in my area so glad to see cant wait to get in there and make some friends. thanks so much catalyst by far such a huge progression in the fgc.

916 said on November 26, 2012 at 8:41 p.m.

Zami916@xbl and psn

Inafune said on November 26, 2012 at 8:50 p.m.

Sadly, I couldn't add my original PSN...as it was lost. I had to create a brand new one to take advantage of this...bummer. So, to anyone who adds me, that's why my PSN is blank atm.

SnakeX said on November 26, 2012 at 9:06 p.m.

This is seriously really cool. Event Hubs has come a long way in just a few short years, keep up the amazing work Catalyst, TheUncharted, and the rest of the awesome EH crew!

Texasfry86 said on November 26, 2012 at 9:10 p.m.

Very grateful to have people like you guys taking your time to create something that will bring so many people together, and advance the community in so many ways.

Imonfiiyah said on November 26, 2012 at 9:11 p.m.

Thumbs Up EventHubs :D

tipsyruben said on November 26, 2012 at 9:17 p.m.

excited! already messaged a couple people around the Rhode Island area to get some MVC matches! LETS GO!

Jojounin said on November 26, 2012 at 9:18 p.m.

Awesome new feature, well done.

Chameleonice said on November 26, 2012 at 9:18 p.m.

Wonderful stuff! Sad to see that there's only one person within 20 miles of my location. Indiana is so lonely :P Still, this is a great step forward for finding folks, making friends, and getting out there. I'm super excited to see how this is going to grow!

tsgrimey said on November 26, 2012 at 9:34 p.m.

good stuff. hit me up if you would like to get some AE or TTT2 matches going

MrWow12 said on November 26, 2012 at 9:38 p.m.

Awww yes. Eventhubs should add in a 10 mile radius as well!

YourEveryDayJackAss said on November 26, 2012 at 9:42 p.m.

Dang, about 90 people at least 30 miles away from me! Thank you so much Eventhubs! This is definitely one of the reasons why you're my favorite fighting game site! Also, thank you to everyone that worked on this new feature, your efforts are greatly appreciated :D

Nago said on November 26, 2012 at 9:44 p.m.

There are only two people less than 20 miles from me ;_; One of them has a Rachel avatar too though, so that's cool I guess.

CARBOMB said on November 26, 2012 at 10:06 p.m.

LETS PLAY SOME MARVEL

IMainDanHibiki said on November 26, 2012 at 10:06 p.m.

Anyone that wants to add me can add me @ Tohru Adachi for my gamertag.

No PSN... yet. But I'll get it eventually.

icejohn said on November 26, 2012 at 10:07 p.m.

Dude! EventHubs should totally use that a skill chart reference.

DevilMaySpy said on November 26, 2012 at 10:17 p.m.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will there be a search option for specific Eventhubs posters?

Abbadon36 said on November 26, 2012 at 10:19 p.m.

GG Eventhubs!

Catalyst said on November 26, 2012 at 10:37 p.m.

@DevilMaySpy

There will be, but there's isn't one specifically built for the site yet, but there is a current solution.

Simply use the existing site search on the right hand side of the website where it says, "Follow & Search EventHubs"

Type in <username>'s profile and it should come up.

machomanmo said on November 26, 2012 at 10:44 p.m.

take all my money eventhubs.

Warhuma said on November 26, 2012 at 11:10 p.m.

It's really awesome ! Especially because it's a world tracker (GoGo FG French communities) !

SubhumanX said on November 26, 2012 at 11:15 p.m.

I am gonna enjoy this feature A lot!

WBK_ZER0 said on November 26, 2012 at 11:31 p.m.

this seems cool being that CM5 had the NY vs MD thing i might get into it
of on the fight rating system, i don't think i rate myself past a 7 in any fighter

AlexTwo said on November 26, 2012 at 11:43 p.m.

To Catalyst and everyone working hard at Eventhubs,

Seriously dudes, you all friggin' rock. Stuff like this is EXACTLY what so many people have been needing. Or at least I've been needing it and I imagine I'm not the only one. Living out in the middle of nowhere(cow-town, NY) makes it really seem as if there's absolutely no one around to get some games with; so something like this is a godsend.

Normally I don't comment, but I really just felt like I had to extend my thanks to everyone who dedicated their time to this. Stay gdlk, guys.

DarkSamus said on November 26, 2012 at 11:45 p.m.

Based on #79's ranking system I have revised my ranking from a 1 to a 4.

trainingdummy said on November 26, 2012 at 11:50 p.m.

this is truly forward thinking stuff right here.

congrats EH.

tktktk43 said on November 27, 2012 at 12:15 a.m.

Pretty smart feature. Not a lot of sites out there have this. And this site caters to fighting games in general so it's definitely something I think a lot of people on here would find useful and take advantage of.

Andrew said on November 27, 2012 at 12:54 a.m.

This is great. Nice job!

Hammer said on November 27, 2012 at 1:30 a.m.

Love it. You guys are doing a really good job here at EH.

thf24 said on November 27, 2012 at 2:24 a.m.

People are definitely overrating themselves. I looked through about 20 pages of players in my area and I barely saw any ratings of less than 5 for their main game. I just don't believe that the majority of players on this site are truly high-level. Still a great system though, great job EH!

MaverickHunterX said on November 27, 2012 at 2:43 a.m.

@#79

What do you mean by "online tactics?" Just curious because I rated myself as a 6 in SFxT. I feel like using your system. :)

sukurin said on November 27, 2012 at 3:39 a.m.

This tool will pawn other fighting website!!!
keep up the good work, guys.

AuroN__POLAND said on November 27, 2012 at 3:40 a.m.

Cool

takanari said on November 27, 2012 at 3:53 a.m.

Cool stuff!

ciksoisdkj said on November 27, 2012 at 3:57 a.m.

Kelshou said on November 27, 2012 at 4:06 a.m.

I vote for #80's skill system/table reference!

LeonHartEX said on November 27, 2012 at 4:47 a.m.

This is awesome, I've already got a friend request wanting to play. I'll do my best to make some time to play since I just got hired, and I haven't touched TTT2 in a while and picking Dudley in AE after playing Gief for so long.

This is great. I look forward to future updates, especially venues since there's not much of a scene near me. Godlike!

SuaSponte75th said on November 27, 2012 at 4:59 a.m.

Good stuff EH.

LunaSlave said on November 27, 2012 at 5:04 a.m.

I really like the references proposed by #79 and #80. Also, this NEEDS a mobile app. And the addition of more fighters to put on our lists. What about GGPO? Might be useful to list KOF 98/2002 for example. As well as other current console fighters like Arcana Heart 3 and such.

def67 said on November 27, 2012 at 5:28 a.m.

Awesome, any Albertans signed on?

AquaticPear said on November 27, 2012 at 5:35 a.m.

Good stuff E-Hubs. Hopefully I can actually get some real-life games in sometime (South East England, Brighton Area)

artdre3000 said on November 27, 2012 at 5:38 a.m.

Great job!

keroberus2 said on November 27, 2012 at 5:41 a.m.

I love you eventhubs. I ACTUALLY HAVE PEOPLE LIVE WHO PLAY NEARBY!!!!!!
This is an absolute revelation!~~~~

daves said on November 27, 2012 at 6:03 a.m.

Wow, impressed to see people that actually live here in Tokyo.
GJ EH!

MetallicA said on November 27, 2012 at 6:52 a.m.

Very useful search engine! Good job eventhubs!

nirvanaoverboard said on November 27, 2012 at 7:03 a.m.

good sh*t.

MikeTheDarkKnight said on November 27, 2012 at 7:06 a.m.

This system's too good to pass up, let the matchmaking begin

Temtt said on November 27, 2012 at 7:10 a.m.

Eventhubs staff,

just a question regarding the Fight Tracker: If I click on "Show Advanced Search" and then on "Add another game to filter by" nothing happens. Any ideas?

StunningBiceps said on November 27, 2012 at 7:44 a.m.

Glad so many people are down with my standardization! (#79)

@MaverickHunterX
By "No more 'online tactics'", I mean respecting the fact that you will get punished if your hail Mary is blocked - or perhaps weighing the pros and cons of a desperation move before you mash it out. Hope that helps. Cheers.

thepurist said on November 27, 2012 at 7:53 a.m.

Nice !!

Spazoola said on November 27, 2012 at 8:06 a.m.

Love it

YourMomsMuff said on November 27, 2012 at 8:28 a.m.

Some of us are older than dirt, are you looking into getting older games onto this? Would be great to find matches for fighters that are more obscure.

This is revolutionary much props to all involved!!!

Aklekrdr said on November 27, 2012 at 8:49 a.m.

Now I can lose to people closer to me lol

Jimbai19 said on November 27, 2012 at 8:56 a.m.

very nice stuff EH, youre doing a great job. Greetings from Germany :)

gtfopanda said on November 27, 2012 at 8:57 a.m.

This is awesome EH, so much good stuff!

nachoxd said on November 27, 2012 at 9:19 a.m.

Wanna play umvc3? add me :D
I'm from Mexico.

MikoRosso said on November 27, 2012 at 9:22 a.m.

I already was added by 2 nice ppl who are close in my PSN. I never knew those people if it wasn't for this. EventHubs RULES! FightTracker is genius

n00b_saib0t said on November 27, 2012 at 10:05 a.m.

Needs more Kunsan. I only know one other person out here who plays :/ I'll definitely be using this when I get to Aviano, Italy next year though.

WarioFTW said on November 27, 2012 at 10:27 a.m.

This is awesome! I am always looking for people to play with, so hopefully I can find some cool players to throw down with!!! (LETS FIGHT!)

Catalyst said on November 27, 2012 at 10:34 a.m.

@Temtt

Oops, that's broken right now. Should be fixed relatively soon.

BeezleBass said on November 27, 2012 at 10:55 a.m.

Great idea, hopefully I can actually find a scene in my area.

Temtt said on November 27, 2012 at 11:17 a.m.

@Catalyst

Thanks! Keep up the great work Eventhubs <3!

HPS said on November 27, 2012 at 11:34 a.m.

great idea but Arcana Hearts 3 gets no love? Kappa

yaboiman said on November 27, 2012 at 11:49 a.m.

good s--t ma niggs eventhubs pat urself on the back

flippertron5k said on November 27, 2012 at 12:14 p.m.

Goo yob EH! 10 mile radius would be dope too!

portalsofmadnes said on November 27, 2012 at 12:27 p.m.

i cant add the games i play when i choose the game!!! when i click on the games i play nothing happens!why!?

Catalyst said on November 27, 2012 at 12:38 p.m.

@portalsofmadnes

Do you have JavaScript disabled? It's important that it's enabled for a lot of the functions in the Fight Tracker to work.

wonzan said on November 27, 2012 at 12:43 p.m.

signed up just for this

KissofPoison said on November 27, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.

No one else is even near me in the middle of nowhere lol. Anyone near the Illinois/Iowa border?

Guanfei said on November 27, 2012 at 2:01 p.m.

Good stuff man, signed up just for this.

ZionSoljah said on November 27, 2012 at 2:01 p.m.

Anyone looking for a spar/practice, inbox me. Psn only though!

Astro_Notch said on November 27, 2012 at 2:06 p.m.

Nice update once again EHubs!

No one should be rating themselves above 5 in any game unless they're a tournament player or have been playing the game since day 1.

Eye_of_Orochi said on November 27, 2012 at 2:19 p.m.

People are going start using these personal rankings against each other rather than to gauge who they can be competing against, but the idea of it is still good.

Rate yourself too high? You might get called out and have to prove yourself, then get blown up for being a fraud if you can't.

Rate yourself low? Your opinion might not get taken seriously because of a number.

Somebody can know every little detail about everything football but not be able to play very well. I myself know I am improving every day but maybe spread my skills a little too thin between all the great games currently out (I consider myself average/slightly above average in most games). I may not be great at applying it, but I sure know my stuff when it comes to talking about the games.

TLDR; don't take the personal rankings TOO seriously :)

RAYG2000 said on November 27, 2012 at 2:21 p.m.

cool feature, just got a few matches off with someone already.

Masose said on November 27, 2012 at 2:29 p.m.

Allright, keep up the great work EHUBS team!

lvk96 said on November 27, 2012 at 2:45 p.m.

Good stuff Eventhubs.

Catalyst said on November 27, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.

The Fight Tracker has had a few bugs fixed courtesy of TheUncharted who also has made some speed improvements too. The "Add another game to filter by" option should be working now.

gamachan said on November 27, 2012 at 3 p.m.

this is so sick. eventhubs>anything else

Pink said on November 27, 2012 at 3:22 p.m.

Once again, thank you. Much love~

MALDA_IS_BACK said on November 27, 2012 at 3:38 p.m.

Who wants to face me in SF 3rd strike or SSF4 AE just add me.

NeoKable said on November 27, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

Already met 3 people. Who would have thought that there were actually players who live close by. Great Idea Event hubs! Keep it up!

MALDA_IS_BACK said on November 27, 2012 at 3:43 p.m.

I'm from Boston :)

MaverickHunterX said on November 27, 2012 at 3:54 p.m.

@StunningBiceps

I see. Thanks for your explanation. I guess I'll stick at 6 then. :)

This Fight Tracker is great. Who ever thought of this is a genius.

WinstonChurchill said on November 27, 2012 at 5:25 p.m.

Amazing! Excellent work guys <3

flungdungfar said on November 27, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.

cool idea. Should help with the leveling up process online for less laggy connections and make it easier to bring together the local community.

xXAngelBoyXx said on November 27, 2012 at 6:11 p.m.

Awesome, thumbs up once again!

Him said on November 27, 2012 at 6:49 p.m.

Massachusetts!? Be sure to check out my profile and add me!

shuyinhk said on November 27, 2012 at 9:14 p.m.

damn this is sick!!!! I think being able to tell our main character or team would be good too.

dopvlur said on November 27, 2012 at 9:52 p.m.

Keep growing EH! Please do something for mobiles!

Orgone_Mike said on November 27, 2012 at 10:10 p.m.

@79 Nice rating system

StarGalaxy777 said on November 27, 2012 at 10:31 p.m.

So Anyone from Texas wanna play me on PSN?

SsjBizzle said on November 27, 2012 at 10:47 p.m.

I already signed up a while ago but this is amazing. Good stuff EH!

Qs_FrEnZy said on November 27, 2012 at 11:46 p.m.

I signed up just for this I'm in Florida... Anybody wanna play me in SFxT add me Qs_frenzy looking mainly for east coast players

trainingdummy said on November 28, 2012 at 12:39 a.m.

anyone from the northeast(NJ, NYC, etc.) feel free to add me.

SevenDaggers said on November 28, 2012 at 12:54 a.m.

So awesome! Thank you so much!

Cast4ron said on November 28, 2012 at 1:19 a.m.

I think this is really great, this finally convinced me to sign up for eventhubs.

elscrubby said on November 28, 2012 at 2:20 a.m.

Excellent work. After an extended hiatus this is what brought me back.

Esquilax said on November 28, 2012 at 3:11 a.m.

This is really awesome, I am really loving this idea

ninjatjj said on November 28, 2012 at 5:02 a.m.

+1 to being able to add ggpo usernames