Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • November 27, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. PST
EventHubs Fight Tracker — revolutionary new system for finding and networking with fighting game players We're very pleased to officially unveil the EventHubs Fight Tracker, a revolutionary new system for the fighting game community to find players to compete with — either in person or online. The major components are:

Player search: Sorted by distance, it shows you which gamers are nearby so you can either play in person or find people with low ping times for online gaming. An advanced search system lets you filter which system(s), games and skill ratings you want to see in the results. For example, if you only want to play people on PSN who are a skill level 8 or higher in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 and reside in a 100 mile square radius, it's possible to set this up, along with many other specific scenarios.

Profile pages: Our new profile pages give you access to private messages, blocking and the ability add friends to your EventHubs account. You can also view details about other users, including the games they play and their gamertags, plus past comment history.

Private messaging: We also have a private messaging system available now, so you can contact other users directly and setup gaming sessions and more.

FAQ

What do I need to get this going?
If you can comment on the front page, you're set. Simply login with your username/password and enter details as needed. If you don't have a commenting account, sign up for one and you're good to go.

Are user skill ratings for games monitored for accuracy?
No. Those areas are for your own personal judgment of your abilities, and can be changed at any time. We will not edit or change these, they're simply your own assessment of your fighting game prowess, or lack thereof.

Can I opt out of the Fight Tracker and private messaging?
Yes. For the Fight Tracker, you actually have to use the system to be included in it, but if you decide you don't want to be included anymore after trying it out, simply edit your EventHubs profile and check the box to opt out. Similar options exist for the private messaging system.

I see Events and Venues in the Fight Tracker, what's up with these?
These areas are coming soon. We'll have more details on them in the near future.

I'm concerned about privacy.
We've taken quite a few steps to ensure privacy with the Fight Tracker. Even if you try to give us your street address information, we won't accept it. Our system will slice out specific details and we'll further mask your location from other users by placing you in a generic region. Also, as far as the distance indicator shows, you could be however many miles in any direction from the other users. Unless you specifically give your information to another user via a private message, or some other means, they will not know your specific location — as this is information we ourselves don't even have. Ensuring privacy was VERY important with this application. Due to the way the Fight Tracker works, users will have a general idea of how far away from you they are, but since you could be in any direction within a 20 mile or greater square radius, you'll be fairly hidden in the proverbial cloud.

What are your guy's future plans for expanding this?
A LOT of stuff is planned, but we'll be revealing details in the future. There is some very exciting stuff that will be built into and onto the Fight Tracker. Stay tuned.

I have a question or comment that wasn't covered here.
Please submit it to this story, we'll actively be checking it for user responses.

You can get more background and details about future plans for the Fight Tracker in the interview we did with Cross Counter and if you want some more in-depth info on the private messaging system, check out this post.

A huge shout out goes to the entire EventHubs team for making this project a reality. TheUncharted did brilliant work coding this new area, while SFilp, Dreamking23 and Nyoro helped with debugging and consultant work to make this a solid and thorough application. Also, big shout outs to the mod team of Zombiebrian, FatMus2, Snipeclips, Keyblade, |Virtua Kazama| and x Who Is Alpha for contributing to make this a better project.

Enjoy.

Comments

HooliganComboFTW said on November 26, 2012 at 2:14 p.m.

Nice job Ehubs, keep on improving

Broshadian said on November 26, 2012 at 2:15 p.m.

Over half the people rating themselves are gonna be exaggerated, but this is a pretty cool idea either way.

Cammy said on November 26, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

Sweet. Added my info.

EnsignHiro said on November 26, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

i live on the east coast and play AE on ps3. anyone is more then welcome to add me but im warning you i will delete if you dont message/ play against me every once in a while.

HyperCombinationFinish said on November 26, 2012 at 2:17 p.m.

Cool feature. Thumbs up.

banananap said on November 26, 2012 at 2:20 p.m.

Fantastic idea

J said on November 26, 2012 at 2:23 p.m.

We in there.

DARKKARASBLADE said on November 26, 2012 at 2:29 p.m.

Cool. I'm on 360. I like people who don't say bad things, don't ragequit, and who like to have fun. Send me a message if u want to be pals.

Losha said on November 26, 2012 at 2:29 p.m.

Hmm... very interesting...

MetalMusicMan said on November 26, 2012 at 2:29 p.m.

Pretty damn cool. I don't know how you guys pulled this off, but I like it!

Catalyst said on November 26, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

For those of you asking, yes, we're investigating a way to change the miles into kilometers for those of you outside the U.S.

For the time being, 1 mile = about 1.6 kilometers, or you can use this handy conversion tool. http://www.metric-conversions.org/len...

We will have a better solution though, in the future.

JesseRobles said on November 26, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

So arousing.

Alioune said on November 26, 2012 at 2:42 p.m.

Interresting

Model_M said on November 26, 2012 at 2:42 p.m.

Holy sh*t EH, this site keeps getting better and better!

brobo said on November 26, 2012 at 2:43 p.m.

Very interesting development indeed. Is there any way now, or is this in the works, to see which users are 'actively' online so you can send a private message and see if they're up for some games at that precise moment?

EsseX_the_Sinner said on November 26, 2012 at 2:43 p.m.

gg

wollowizard808 said on November 26, 2012 at 2:45 p.m.

created!

TheDeadTexan said on November 26, 2012 at 2:48 p.m.

Didn't expect so many people from the San Antonio area.

I'm ranked 10 in every game, though. It's lonely at the top.

Catalyst said on November 26, 2012 at 2:50 p.m.

@brobo

Not currently, but we're investigating such a system.

Cinderkin said on November 26, 2012 at 2:50 p.m.

I only see 7 people within 20 miles of me. Hopefully more people start using this feature.

I have already run into one at a tourney before.

Catalyst said on November 26, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.

@Cinderkin

Please encourage people to sign up and use this feature. The more people involved, the better.

We'll continue to push it on our end as well. We have big, big, big plans for the Fight Tracker.

Strider_Hien said on November 26, 2012 at 2:54 p.m.

You guys are......wait for it......GODLIKE! Kreygasm

I just found like 10+ players near me.Thanks for this awesome feature,EH.I'm pretty sure this will make the Offline FG scene grow exponentially.

ineedbackup said on November 26, 2012 at 2:57 p.m.

so now the fgc Illuminati know where i live?

EnsignHiro said on November 26, 2012 at 2:58 p.m.

i see that one day this site will surpass shoryuken if it keeps up with all the nice features

Madbeats said on November 26, 2012 at 3:01 p.m.

Decent!!!

Ovada said on November 26, 2012 at 3:03 p.m.

Good game :D
I just picked up SFIV AC on Steam, I guess my skill level is "Scrubby Mc'salty".

kaka said on November 26, 2012 at 3:05 p.m.

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

MarvinVelasco12 said on November 26, 2012 at 3:07 p.m.

@Catalyst, keep up all the great work sir, as expected living in Socal i got tons of players nearby.

Troppop said on November 26, 2012 at 3:08 p.m.

This is an amazing feature!
Such a simple idea and yet so cool, very well done indeed.

Must say, the "Event" section is making me a bit hyped...

hazelnut1112 said on November 26, 2012 at 3:08 p.m.

This is actually pretty neat. Hope to see this improved and more people on this soon.

MikeRoss said on November 26, 2012 at 3:11 p.m.

This system is amazing! I approve!

SovaltheRogue said on November 26, 2012 at 3:18 p.m.

Neat to see how many of the FGC is in my community.

GakoTheChef said on November 26, 2012 at 3:22 p.m.

This is just incredible, if all goes well this could very well be an incredible step forward for all fighting game lovers but an even more gianormous step for EventHubs (Best fighting game website hands down).

edrigo said on November 26, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

I just signed up. I love it already. Put a profile pic for the first time too! (i'm feeling more serious already)

@2 If i could put 0 for umvc3 i would have done it already;)

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on November 26, 2012 at 3:25 p.m.

Catalyst I would shake your hand but you are 5189 miles away from me. Great stuff.

junior139 said on November 26, 2012 at 3:29 p.m.

whoah sounds crazii

BK said on November 26, 2012 at 3:31 p.m.

gotta get a new console first. Will update you guys when I get a username for online.

IMainDanHibiki said on November 26, 2012 at 3:38 p.m.

Can't wait for the inevitable EH UMvC3 tournament.

Mike Ross gave this his seal of approval?

We win.

Freyzii said on November 26, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.

You guys are awesome for making this, genius system indeed. Unfortunately some of us live in such obscure countries we will probably never find anyone in close proximity to play with.
I honestly believe I am the only and the best fighting game player in my whole country.

shambles said on November 26, 2012 at 3:40 p.m.

nice job!

gamertag: sham ballz

anyone interested in umvc3 hit me up!

Puerto Rico!

xaznharryx said on November 26, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

I wouldn't mind trying the new features.

icejohn said on November 26, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

@35 lol

Can I get a whoop, whoop? :D

TioClone said on November 26, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

Wow, no other fighting game website does this...this is incredible Catalyst!

Signed up!

AceKombat said on November 26, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.

Good stuff Eventhubs. You really put the site on the map with this change :).

Catalyst said on November 26, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, they're very awesome to read. The whole team is actively checking this stuff out.

Keep in mind, I'm just one part of the team that brought this feature to life, the whole staff, specifically TheUncharted, did some brilliant work on this application to get it to come to life.

noahtheprodigy said on November 26, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.

Awesome send me a message if you want to play later :)

Dragonken said on November 26, 2012 at 3:53 p.m.

Awesome feature guys, greetings from Hungary.

ConneX said on November 26, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

groovecouch said on November 26, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.

cool stuff

twe12lve said on November 26, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.

PR_Balrog's rating profile is accurate LOL

Douchebag said on November 26, 2012 at 3:58 p.m.

Excellent feature. Now I can match up against other fighting game enthusiasts without having to physically go search for someone who doesn't completely suck at fighting games.

But yeah, I do believe some of you have greatly embellished your skill levels, but we'll see.

Neobrown said on November 26, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.

Nice Nice! Six people within 20 miles of me. Looks like I've made 6 new friends lolz. Or 6 potential new body bags, after I body them Fray. Kappa b

StarGalaxy777 said on November 26, 2012 at 4:05 p.m.

Closest person to me 100 miles.....

ESTAKA said on November 26, 2012 at 4:11 p.m.

good job eventhubs, keep improving the site :)

KissofPoison said on November 26, 2012 at 4:11 p.m.

Only thing this reaffirms is the fact I'm in the middle of no where lol

kosmobil said on November 26, 2012 at 4:14 p.m.

Perfect !!!

Him said on November 26, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.

CONGRATS ON THE THE NEW FEATURE EH!!!!

KiraYagami said on November 26, 2012 at 4:21 p.m.

this is great stuff :D

Double_A said on November 26, 2012 at 4:23 p.m.

Anybody who lives near me and isn't coming to monthlies is getting CALLED OUT

chaosforte said on November 26, 2012 at 4:27 p.m.

i would love to be good at fighting games but i suck at all of them if anyone is willing to teach some stuff for SSFAE or any SF stuff ill be a happy camper

roknin said on November 26, 2012 at 4:31 p.m.

Excellent work! Looking forward to putting this to use. ^_^

Props to the whole team. o(^_^)b

JMJ_X said on November 26, 2012 at 4:40 p.m.

Live in Brentwood, New York anybody is welcome to add me. Just confirm your name

irrenmann said on November 26, 2012 at 4:48 p.m.

Setting up tournaments among Eventhubbers would be cool. That mode doesn't get enough use.

blandosaurio912 said on November 26, 2012 at 4:55 p.m.

Wow cool feature, but i`m from El Salvador so... umm... yeah XD

Oniros said on November 26, 2012 at 5:11 p.m.

Awesome!

Kev said on November 26, 2012 at 5:12 p.m.

gr8 system....wow. Pretty cool.

TeenIdol said on November 26, 2012 at 5:26 p.m.

Sounds like fun!

BlankaBeast said on November 26, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.

This is great.

Make that pic with the globe the new MAIN EH LOGO.

It is now the sites premier feature.

Bayfighter said on November 26, 2012 at 5:29 p.m.

Awesome, looking forward to offline tournaments made easier by this app, great work!

zombiebrian said on November 26, 2012 at 5:35 p.m.

Bear in mind it'll take a while for everyone to sign up to this so far ive heard allot of people say they have met at least one person near them.

roknin said on November 26, 2012 at 5:47 p.m.

Heh, maybe I'm slow in the head and super late to this but it's kinda' funny that this feature will make this site literally an EVENT HUB!

...get it? Because events... and its a hub... and stuff?

...*quietly walks away*

handsofgod said on November 26, 2012 at 5:55 p.m.

this is just what i needed, gonna go on an adding spree, brilliant idea!!!!

TaoTuna said on November 26, 2012 at 6 p.m.

This is really neat, great job.

TaurusMAGNUS said on November 26, 2012 at 6:13 p.m.

It might be me, but i'm having trouble adding games.... What do?

ScrubStep said on November 26, 2012 at 6:18 p.m.

After the venue and charactar tags go up, this will be the single greatest thing ever, and its FREE, so godlike! This should increase the FGC ranks more than the actual fighting games.

StriderGlemX5 said on November 26, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.

good

FrynkieDeuce said on November 26, 2012 at 6:44 p.m.

only two people are around my area... =(

Ronin said on November 26, 2012 at 6:53 p.m.

This is pretty neat.

StunningBiceps said on November 26, 2012 at 6:59 p.m.

Had an idea to standardize the personal rating scale. Perhaps, it is in order to have a short description next to the numbers. I came up with a little something based on my knowledge of improving in a game.
:::
1 - How do I block?
2 - Button masher
3 - I know combos
4 - Can punish with BNB's
5 - Defeating online foes
6 - No more 'online' tactics'
7 - Working on my match-ups
8 - Ready for tournaments
9 - Adapting to opponents
10 - Top 8? No problem.
:::

It's not perfect but it's definitely a start to something needed.

Ps, amazing feature :)

Dbarcelona said on November 26, 2012 at 7:07 p.m.

It would be awesome if they would add their main characters trophies/achievements, and time available but yeah it's good enough. Even though I'm most likely not gonna use it I like the idea a lot.

JesseRobles said on November 26, 2012 at 7:08 p.m.

@79 lol That's perfect!

Cammystrike said on November 26, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.

Where my midwest marvel heads? Add me, be warned my x-23 is scrubby. Also I play senpu-bu... I mean Hsien-ko as well.

Ressss said on November 26, 2012 at 7:19 p.m.

nicely done

DarkSamus said on November 26, 2012 at 7:29 p.m.

Added myself to the system.
Rated myself as 1/10 at SSF4AE because I rarely win online and when I do its usually against someone with under 1,000 PP

Superchampz said on November 26, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.

Done!

Nice work guys

gammabolt17 said on November 26, 2012 at 7:34 p.m.

@Cammystrike

You'll be added in the next 5 minutes

IMainDanHibiki said on November 26, 2012 at 7:41 p.m.

@79: Totally and utterly agreed.

IMainDanHibiki said on November 26, 2012 at 7:43 p.m.

I have huge amounts of people near me... how come Lewisville doesn't have a scene!?

Dammit, I can't afford to go to Dallas to play in tournaments...

Ressss said on November 26, 2012 at 7:59 p.m.

i rarely play online anymore, would be nice to play someone 20 miles from me

illness690 said on November 26, 2012 at 7:59 p.m.

PCTrax said on November 26, 2012 at 8 p.m.

Awesome stuff.

VegaMask said on November 26, 2012 at 8:04 p.m.

Great feature!

throughsilence said on November 26, 2012 at 8:06 p.m.

Someone already added me on psn. pretty nice

Prismatic said on November 26, 2012 at 8:16 p.m.

Really cool feature. I'm in the UK and had someone add me like 10 mins after I signed up lol.

Good stuff EH :)

raothrash said on November 26, 2012 at 8:20 p.m.

cool idea eventhubs \m/

d55pedal said on November 26, 2012 at 8:21 p.m.

This is good however they need to add blazeblue to the list of games on the fight search.

grimmcropes said on November 26, 2012 at 8:22 p.m.

This will definitely help me set up more locals. Sweeeeeeet.

illness690 said on November 26, 2012 at 8:22 p.m.

Shinkutatsumaki said on November 26, 2012 at 8:27 p.m.

Man, EventHubs just keeps getting better and better. I'm so proud of this community. :D

Ermapume said on November 26, 2012 at 8:30 p.m.

Glad I've stuck by Eventhubs for the past couple of years. Damn good stuff.

Load more comments