Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 - Additional changes to certain attacks for Guy and Lars

Posted by SFilp • November 23, 2012 at 5:48 p.m. PST
Tomoaki Ayano is back again with another Street Fighter X Tekken v2013 developer blog. Ayano-San discusses that they are currently taking a second look at Guy's Bushin Gokusaken to give the attack more unity for all the Guy fans. Then he talks the fan feedback on Lars' mid-range feint techniques as they are extremely difficult to use. So they will look into making it easier by tweaking frames and hitboxes.

Hey yo everyone, Tomoaki Ayano here.

This week is the biggest shopping event of the season in America, Black Friday! Hope you’re all buying your loved ones a copy of SFXTK and a PS Vita for Christmas!

In Japan we’re going to have a long weekend starting on Friday, and I can’t wait to go out and breathe the crisp autumn air. I’m probably going to head off to some mountain for a day trip and check out the sights!

This week I wanted to touch upon two general comments regarding the SFXTK Ver. 2013 balance tweaks that crossed my desk recently.

Guy’s Bushin Gokusaken

Since every character in the game can perform a Boost Combo or Cross Rush in SFXTK, some fans have argued that Guy’s classic Final Fight chain combo has relatively low merit, so they wanted us to make some adjustments on it. Previously we detailed how this attack will now launch opponents straight up on hit, but we’re going to continue looking at this attack to give it even more utility for all of Guy’s dedicated fans!

Lars’s Feint Techniques

We’ve gotten feedback from fans saying that Lars’s mid-range feint techniques are extremely difficult to use. We’ll be taking a look at making these moves easier to use from mid-range by tweaking the frames and the hitboxes so that they’re more effective.

That’s it for SFXTK Ver. 2013 for this week!

Via Capcom-Unity.

Comments

Him said on November 23, 2012 at 5:58 p.m.

...Speaking of the devil...O_O;

samuraix025 said on November 23, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.

how about they give elbow drop its air to air hit box back...

GLKFierce said on November 23, 2012 at 6:55 p.m.

Thanks for the support so far! Now how about you give us some insight as to why Vega is back to doing 1 frame link(cr.lp +4/0) again as his main hit confirm? In a game like this, that is too harsh of a nerf. I'd understand if he had other tools to confirm damage and get in, but his tool list is already limited. I get that you want to make this game more offensive and fast paced, but how is making the way a character gets damage going to accomplish that? If anything it will make them play even more passive because the incurred risk, such as roll recovery and new aa the tekken cast have and other character buffs. It's not like he was doing so much damage starting off his combos with jab anyway. His other alternative hit confirm is nowhere near viable, it has less range than clawless cr.lp and pushes back more, not to mention already unsafe with it being low crushable; hell cr.lp was also very low crushable, seeing as how it had little frame advantage so going for another cr.lp on block was highly dangerous. To make a comparison between AE and SFxT, in 2013 they will both have 1 frame links to hit confirm from their most important poke, if ae vega fails he eats maybe 250 on average out of his 950 life; if sfxt vega fails the link he eats up to 50-60% for trying to confirm for damage. AE Vega could has more tools than his sfxt counter part to compensate (ex SHC being fireball invulnerable, Cosmic heel not wiffing on crouchers, ex scarlet terror being invulnerable). I'm not asking for buffs to the character, just for the changes made to the character to be reconsidered, I would have been ok with cr.lp being +5/0, but +4/0 is really heavy handed as if that normal was abusable or something. It was made to be even on block now and a 1frame a link that is unplinkable. The normal will be useless online or with monitors with slightly higher response times. The way it is set now, actually confirming the link will lead to mediocre damage and meter gain there isn't much of a reward for that heavy risk, as if this character never had to take any risks being low health, and poor frame advantage.

TL;DR Please reconsider the change you made to Vega's cr.lp being +4 on hit in 2013 or give him something to compensate for that incredible loss.

Thanks - a Large portion of the community Vega players. It was acceptable in AE, not in this game.

Doopliss said on November 23, 2012 at 7:08 p.m.

Well, you can plink c.LP to c.MP I guess, but yeah, it's a stupid change to say the least.

Existent said on November 23, 2012 at 7:40 p.m.

I need a grappling hook to climb that wall of text.

General_Awesomo said on November 23, 2012 at 7:55 p.m.

You forgot to mention that SFxT Vega can't even corpse hop with Cosmic Heel and Piece of Mercury. And you can't choose the direction to hop off of the opponent after an Izuna Drop. Why slap on this unplinkable 1 frame link in addition to all this?

Smorgasboard said on November 23, 2012 at 8:09 p.m.

I like these new change blogs. They give the reasoning behind changes and shows that most of them are from fan feedback.

zhanba32 said on November 23, 2012 at 8:11 p.m.

zhanba32 said on November 23, 2012 at 8:14 p.m.

lynx_ID said on November 23, 2012 at 8:28 p.m.

I whould like that corpse hop back to vega, but Im most interested on jin and heihachi getting nerfs though.

Although having other characters with jabs with a lot of advantadge on hit and on block its kinda unfair for vega...

Also I have one cuestion, why blanka is getting nerfed? I barely see blanka players online

Him said on November 23, 2012 at 8:33 p.m.

it was spooky to see a Lars article pop up lol. Good stuff either way SFilp

DunnDeal said on November 23, 2012 at 8:33 p.m.

I agree with #3. I always forget that the elbow drop properties aren't the same anymore because I switch back and forth between SFxT and AE

My brain hurts

GLKFierce said on November 23, 2012 at 8:48 p.m.

#7 I was gonna mention that but i don't want to make it seem like im begging for tools. He actually can corpse hop certain characters after a slide knock down though. Yeah I agree though, it's really messed up to get stuck with that.

As for Guy's elbow drop, I think it's fair so far. There are a lot of characters that don't have answer to that type of pressure and guy and literally for as long as he wants as long as they stay grounded. So in most cases if they don't know the match up it can be abused. If it were to have an air hit box than it would be pretty unfair, since you can cancel into it for 50/50 mix ups and he would he at frame advantage so he would rarely trade in the air. Guy is good, he really doesn't need any tweaking. I wish they didn't give him the ssf4 super though, but that's preference.

chipndip said on November 23, 2012 at 10:19 p.m.

1) Nerf Jin

2) Nerf Heihachi (especially his 50/50 combo)

3) If you didn't, nerf Cammy's braindead "walk forward and light punch" bull. Far lp on her is stupid.

KissofPoison said on November 23, 2012 at 10:32 p.m.

I want Asuka Falling Rain buffs!!! lol

jnfsdfwe said on November 24, 2012 at 5:16 a.m.

Smorgasboard said on November 24, 2012 at 8:31 a.m.

Care to share some videos to demonstrate your point? I haven't seen those three things being a problem yet.

Renegade_Rook said on November 24, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

I might be wrong because I haven't played SSF4:AE in a long while now but Cammy can't cross-up in that game, right? If they get rid of Cammy cross-up then I will be much happier. And nerf the unholy hell out of Jin.

Renegade_Rook said on November 24, 2012 at 10:32 a.m.

To be fair Heihachi's mix-up between the low and mid is slow enough to see. And you can just DP with mostly everyone. It's annoying that he's +2 on the low one for block though.

fabfred said on November 24, 2012 at 1:44 p.m.

please add more characters that would be nice also

GLKFierce said on November 24, 2012 at 11:30 p.m.

This game was designed to hold up to a roster that can handle 100 characters. Characters cost money. The more support this game gets the more likely they are to develop more content for this game. Support the game! No one is going to invest in something that they cannot not profit from.

GLKFierce said on November 26, 2012 at 9:54 a.m.

No but seriously, someone tell me what makes Vega so good that he has to be horribly weak on offense and defense. He is a footsies based character but, what's the point if you can't confirm damage? It's as if they us do ABC combos which is something that gave this game so much criticism. They are forcing this character to be boring, from the looks of it they don't want people to play him. If his overhead could combo on crouchers then I wouldn't even be complaining but it doesn't. Vega can't open people up committed to defending life lead. He will be subjected to sf4 style mix ups off a knock down because of roll recovery and will have overall bad match ups again as with the previous title. Why does Capcom hate this character?

Bryan is in a similar boat. they treated him like he can really open people up, which is exactly the opposite. I think having his over head at -5 is excessive, that tool is the only thing he has to keep them from crouching, the other tools are too telegraphed. I suggest -2 for his overhead at least, even though having that plus overhead was the only thing that makes him viable, now that he does average damage from his slow pokes.

As for Ibuki, those nerfs made her useless, and on top of that they didn't even address these horrible problems

koyori said on November 27, 2012 at 7:06 a.m.

I like using guys bushin gokusaken, its a cool combo !.im glad to hear the dev team is improving it :)

Renegade_Rook said on November 27, 2012 at 5:14 p.m.

I don't know it's already been addressed but all of Hwoarang's LK>MK>MK... target combos will whiff on crouching Sakura. Which is kind of a big deal.