Complete Tekken Tag Tournament 2 tier list from top Korean player Help Me

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • November 20, 2012 at 12:34 p.m. PST
Complete Tekken Tag Tournament 2 tier list from top Korean player Help Me A Tekken Tag Tournamnet 2 tier list was posted on Tekken Central by top Korean player Help Me that includes a letter grade for each of the characters on the roster including the DLC characters. AvoidingThePuddle's translator Dark Cheetos was able to translate the list for us and suspects that the S and A+ tier characters are listed in order of who is better in this iteration of Tekken Tag.

You can check out the list below and hit the jump for the remainder of the characters.

S Tier
Nina
Bruce
Devil Kazuya (In devil stance only)

A+ Tier

Baek
Asuka
Ancient Ogre
Ling
Miharu
Alisa

Trash Tier (this is how it was listed)
Dr. B

Via AvoidingThePuddle.

Comments

Virtua_Kazama said on November 20, 2012 at 12:38 p.m.

Nina S-Tier in Korea?! WHAT?!

I'm shocked.

Vawned said on November 20, 2012 at 12:42 p.m.

A+
A
A-

It looks so euphemism.

JdotSweapA said on November 20, 2012 at 12:43 p.m.

Mishimas on top as usual. Bruce and Nina surprised me though, i was expecting Law and Jun.

JIHADJOE said on November 20, 2012 at 12:46 p.m.

I wonder what secret Nina tech they're hiding.

RunningWild said on November 20, 2012 at 12:47 p.m.

Dr_Panic_PhD said on November 20, 2012 at 12:54 p.m.

Not the least bit surprised by Nina since I frequent her. I'm very surprised by Bruce, but then again he's probably my least played character in all of Tekken. As for Devil Kazuya, I never saw the logic in transforming back to regular Kaz unless you wanted to treat it like a taunt. If only regular Kaz was low on the list then it really would be a taunt.

zUkUu said on November 20, 2012 at 12:55 p.m.

Nina is top since Tekken 4.

Also, Mishimas as usual. Since Namco hardly changes characters, it's no surprise tho.

Eye_of_Orochi said on November 20, 2012 at 1:02 p.m.

Ganryu and Kunimitsu in a tier that isn't the bottom? Never thought I'd see the day! Kunimitsu, along with a few other new characters, probably need more exploration and will fall or rise accordingly.

This list looks agreeable for the most part, at least for now. Not surprised by Bruce at all. So much for all the people saying Law isn't good anymore...reminds me of the Lili fans. Just because they aren't as strong as the last game doesn't mean they aren't still good characters.

StriderHiryu said on November 20, 2012 at 1:02 p.m.

I don't know, I don't agree with this tier list all that much.

3nany said on November 20, 2012 at 1:05 p.m.

So why is Lilli A and Sebastian A- Tier ?

Meety said on November 20, 2012 at 1:07 p.m.

The tier list is entitled by everyone's personal opinions. I agree though that Nina is top though. I'm glad to see Lars, Jinpachi, and Unknown in the A tiers.

KissofPoison said on November 20, 2012 at 1:20 p.m.

Jun is surprising considering how easy she can dictate and frame trap.

GreenBusterVII said on November 20, 2012 at 1:25 p.m.

Lili is sexier, so she wins over Seb.

BUYACUSHUN said on November 20, 2012 at 1:29 p.m.

i have always told my friends baek aint THAT bad. and mine isn't even all that. Just people dont like to block low. . .

OH and P.Jack will always be THE BEST JACK HANDS DOWN

General_Awesomo said on November 20, 2012 at 1:39 p.m.

Is Violet that much better than Lee that he's a tier higher than him?

Ralenzo said on November 20, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.

I'm really surprised at how well balanced this game is !!
Almost everyone is A tier :D
I think it's the most well balanced Tekken game to date ?

J said on November 20, 2012 at 1:55 p.m.

What's going on with Dr. B? Is he really that useless? :(
I don't have TTT2 (yet) so somebody enlighten me.

Also... "Capos"?

KissofPoison said on November 20, 2012 at 2:06 p.m.

Dr.B i think can be good in the right hands. However most are extremely scrubby doing butt slide which is INCREDIBLY easy to punish its laughable. When more tech comes out we will be shocked.

Lulu said on November 20, 2012 at 2:07 p.m.

Dr.B is pretty bad, but he just came out so we don't know everything about him yet, he might still have some sick tech we haven't discovered yet. Capos = Christie, Tiger, Eddy.

J said on November 20, 2012 at 2:18 p.m.

Ah, I see. Dang, I was hoping he was viable despite his bizarre movements.

Also, why is Tiger getting lumped in with Christie/Eddy while the other "clone" characters get a separate mention? I thought he had some different stuff while Christie and Eddy are still identical (iirc).

Eye_of_Orochi said on November 20, 2012 at 2:23 p.m.

@ 20

He does, but I think since they are still super close in the tier list, they just lumped him with them anyways. I bet if they didn't, people would be clamoring "what makes Tiger better/worse" :P

badjab326 said on November 20, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.

Oh crap. I was hoping Bruce would stay low key tier.

Super_Honda said on November 20, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.

Hmm, interesting. I'm gonna get this game soon enough and I'll play the characters that I normally play with: Lee, Marshall Law, Forest Law and Ancient Ogre. Might try out Asuka and Alisa.

SeriphAngel said on November 20, 2012 at 2:54 p.m.

I expected nothing less from the lovely Nina Williams.

tavarez said on November 20, 2012 at 3:22 p.m.

Hammer said on November 20, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

Nina is an absolute beast I must agree with putting her up there. I knew maining ganryu and zafina wasn't a bad choice, they're not as bad as people think.

BumblebeeCody said on November 20, 2012 at 3:30 p.m.

Paul is high because of rage.

crisuki said on November 20, 2012 at 3:47 p.m.

Am I blind, or are all the Capoeira characters missing?

J said on November 20, 2012 at 4:13 p.m.

They are grouped together under "Capos".

Nukka said on November 20, 2012 at 4:21 p.m.

Don't agree with some of this at all.

How is Jin exactly A tier? Most of the matches I see of him, played by pros on youtube, he just gets raped.

Forrest and Hwoarang should be higher up there.

koolersama said on November 20, 2012 at 4:41 p.m.

looks more like a "whos my fav list". 1 player cant make a tier list for tekken.

Synless said on November 20, 2012 at 4:55 p.m.

Tiger's b+1~4 is crap compared to Creddy. and his individual moves don't make up for him not having that amazing hit confirmable combo starter. Still he can do basic Capo mind games and turtle/rlx so he's decent but should be A-. If we even accept tiers, they're still not done with Mahvel tiers so who knows what Tekken is gonna be. Back to I FADE EM, I KNOCK 'EM DOWN.

era said on November 20, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.
gloriaalbert6 said on November 20, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.

HyperViperNZ said on November 20, 2012 at 7:54 p.m.

Wow Nina, really?

Lemres said on November 20, 2012 at 8:16 p.m.

Have any of you seen high-level Nina videos? She has that move that looks like you could juggle your opponent indefinitely. I'm probably being biased but I think Jun and Asuka should be A Tier. Jun should probably stay where she is though, but I thought Asuka would be with Jun? That's surprising...

ZeDudd said on November 20, 2012 at 8:33 p.m.

Agreed, doesn't look very credible to me.

Kuya117 said on November 20, 2012 at 8:39 p.m.

Glad to see my boy Armor King in A+ tier

Kagamizen said on November 20, 2012 at 9:37 p.m.

i agree with #15. violet and lee only have one move different from one another (machine gun kicks).

General_Awesomo said on November 20, 2012 at 10:04 p.m.

Actually, Violet has better moves. He has a better Mist Step 3,4. A faster Mist Step > Sway 4. Violet's uf+3+4 actually creates a knockdown. And yeah, the Acid Rain Kick Combination (f+2:2:2, a just frame move that crumples at the end.)

Still, I'm not sure if all that makes him that much better than Lee.

DunnDeal said on November 20, 2012 at 11:12 p.m.

Seems pretty balanced to me LOLOLOLOL. I like how you can use any characters you want and still dominate anyone

al2k said on November 21, 2012 at 1:28 a.m.

I always said that the animal characters are too strong in tekken. They should be playable/joke characters people pick to have fun with then to actually compete with. Come on, they come in higher the the Great Ancient Ogre.

Duggs26 said on November 21, 2012 at 4:30 a.m.

#42 Isn't it f+3:3:3? :P

General_Awesomo said on November 22, 2012 at 11:50 a.m.

@ #45

Whoops, I meant that lol.

Bank said on November 27, 2012 at 8:57 a.m.

Thought Jun was lower tier than Asuka since that one launch was so punishable? This makes more sense though...I always considered her higher tier myself plus I like her better >.>