Private messaging system now available on EventHubs

Posted by SFilp • November 14, 2012 at 3:04 p.m. PST
Private messaging system now available on EventHubs Thanks to TheUncharted's hard work, we here at EventHubs have added a private messaging feature to the site.

At the top of the website now, you will see a mail notification box. You can access your inbox and compose messages through there or you can alternatively send messages to others by going to their profile pages and hit message. An example can be seen here on my profile.

As we know some people do not want to be able to receive messages from everyone, so we have also implemented a "friend system." In your privacy settings while editing your profile, you can choose between receiving messages from everyone, friends only or nobody. There is also an option to get email notifications for new messages.

It is recommended that you continue to use the submit news option, instead of PMing staff members about news, as it will ensure your submission is read faster.

If anyone notices any problems with the system, please feel free to leave a comment below or give us a heads up via the Contact Us form.

There might be other areas of EventHubs that were recently updated as well...

Comments

Catalyst said on November 14, 2012 at 3:05 p.m.
zUkUu said on November 14, 2012 at 3:22 p.m.

Sweet. I noticed the Message box earlier and was confused whether or not that was always there since I couldn't remember clearly. xD

Also, how about a "Main character" or something for the popular games? (and PLEASE include "Random" as a option!) :)

Phynx said on November 14, 2012 at 3:25 p.m.

I see an "Opt-Out of Fight Tracker" option. Was that there before? What is it?

Burnt said on November 14, 2012 at 3:29 p.m.

I clicked "other" and really wish for the old site design back again :| Lets go alt dark theme, men!

Catalyst said on November 14, 2012 at 3:33 p.m.

@zUkUu

Character option is in the works.

HooliganComboFTW said on November 14, 2012 at 3:37 p.m.

Great job Ehubs

HooliganComboFTW said on November 14, 2012 at 3:45 p.m.

Ah can You add the recent SoulCaliber games(at least from IV) to fighters you played for the profile settings?

Catalyst said on November 14, 2012 at 3:47 p.m.

@HooliganComboFTW

Support for more legacy games will be added in the future.

Louiscipher said on November 14, 2012 at 3:48 p.m.

YAY! Now I can send rage messages to people who disagree with my tier-list!

Sarcastaball.

Super_Honda said on November 14, 2012 at 3:49 p.m.

Good stuff, Eventhubs. However, I would really want you guys to bring back the previous layout. May not happen though.

ya_boy said on November 14, 2012 at 3:50 p.m.

Let the hate mail roll huh?

KissofPoison said on November 14, 2012 at 4:08 p.m.

can we get a way to block pointless posts that belong in TMZ like "pro" vids of interviews.

I like developer interview vids that are informative. But purely subjective pieces based on "pros" and their big heads.... I have no interest in and really get irritated by the sheer number posted here.

brasssmunkye said on November 14, 2012 at 4:17 p.m.

mmm, dat fight tracker, so excite. perhaps i can find a couple semi local people to play with from time to time

Ralenzo said on November 14, 2012 at 4:29 p.m.

I looked at some of the profiles here and seriously, you guys give yourselves too much credit. How can some people give them self a 9 out of 10, yet I never see them place anywhere at tournaments smh.
Looking at most of the comments that gets posted here I'd say that most people here are noobs, especially when it comes to balance patches.

KissofPoison said on November 14, 2012 at 4:59 p.m.

Grading someone is always going to be subjective. It depends on what your definition of a 10 is or what the difference between an 1 and a 2 or 8 compared to 9 is.

Perhaps instead of being snarky and judgmental you play against them and know for sure. Because you attacking those who rank high may very well be that good, just as well they may not know the difference between punch and kick.

xXAngelBoyXx said on November 14, 2012 at 4:59 p.m.

This is delicious, I absolutely love this!

Ralenzo said on November 14, 2012 at 5:05 p.m.

@kissofpoison

What you're saying is true, but when I see people giving them self a 9 or a 10 then that means that they're almost perfect. The only person that could give himself a 10 would be Justin Wong for AE, or Chris G for UMVC3 since they're both able to win tournaments regularly.

But like you said, it's very subjective anyway so it doesn't matter.
Also it says PERSONAL SKILL level so yeah, you can never really argue there :p

Virtua_Kazama said on November 14, 2012 at 5:18 p.m.

I have a feeling that there will be about most of skill levels will be 9-10.

Protip: Be REALLY honest.

Clockw0rk said on November 14, 2012 at 5:19 p.m.

nice additions! they have improved my eventhubs experience

KissofPoison said on November 14, 2012 at 5:22 p.m.

@Ralenzo

Well not even that it's personal skill of how I feel about myself. In cases like mine going to Tournaments aren't financially feasible, or perhaps we aren't within a given distance to go anyways.

I'm not going to drive over 4 hours each way to a tournament to get my name on Eventhubs and make someone like me.

Besides I'd consider 5 average, that doesn't give much space on your guys' scales to seperate the competent from the Justin Wongs of the world.

Pink said on November 14, 2012 at 5:46 p.m.

Thank you for this and for the work involved, love to see what else might be coming in the near future!

TaurusMAGNUS said on November 14, 2012 at 6:05 p.m.

this is awesome, sooooooo...... who wants to be my first eventhubs friend!?

EnsignHiro said on November 14, 2012 at 6:06 p.m.

Damn this site was already awesome but wow I love these nice updates! I hope you guys start your own online ae marvel and other game weekly online tournaments and put the sgream up on this site! We could call it king of eventhubs :)

Astro_Notch said on November 14, 2012 at 6:38 p.m.

Nice I'm loving the constant updates. The skill grader should state whether you are a tournament player or just an online warrior. Either way I gave myself a 6 in AE because I'm humble, even though I have beaten some notable players. **coughLIJoecough**

TheDeadTexan said on November 14, 2012 at 6:46 p.m.

I'm a 10 across all games. Trying to stay humble.

zUkUu said on November 14, 2012 at 6:48 p.m.

is the distance shown as well or am I just blind and don't see it and neither where I can put in my location if it has been added.

also what does the opt-out checkbox do?

KiraYagami said on November 14, 2012 at 6:58 p.m.

nice :)

zhanba24 said on November 14, 2012 at 7:13 p.m.

Azure_Dauragon said on November 14, 2012 at 7:17 p.m.

This update is great, and the concept even better, would love to see it more fleshed out and grow, it feels as something easy to make new acquaintaces with the same interests.

DarkPhoenixRises said on November 14, 2012 at 7:23 p.m.

I don't have any friends on eventhubs :-(

JesseRobles said on November 14, 2012 at 7:58 p.m.

Now we can say dirty stuff to each other. In private.

genocide_cutter said on November 14, 2012 at 8:12 p.m.

Finally

Ovada said on November 14, 2012 at 8:26 p.m.

Yay ^^
Now I stalk any players in Pittsburgh~

BlankaBeast said on November 14, 2012 at 8:47 p.m.
HyperViperNZ said on November 14, 2012 at 9:21 p.m.

ASL

KissofPoison said on November 14, 2012 at 9:32 p.m.

lovely it's the return of ASL lol I feel like it's 1995 again

hazelnut1112 said on November 14, 2012 at 10:06 p.m.

sent ;)

Anyways, this is actually pretty damn neat. As long as you don't use some stupid "Connect or link with your facebook" and make it mandatory, then you have my full support.

xShonuffx said on November 14, 2012 at 11:01 p.m.

Catalyst, for the venues, how are you gonna aquire them?

HyperViperNZ said on November 14, 2012 at 11:07 p.m.

lol was just joking about the ASL thing but hey, 24/m/new zealand!

Catalyst said on November 14, 2012 at 11:29 p.m.

@xShonuffx

For venues there will be a submission option and also our staff will be entering them by hand. Stuff like the Next Level Arcade, Super Arcade, etc. will be a lock to be in there, along with regular hang outs for the FGC, like the place they host WNF at.

The main requirement to be a venue is you have to be open to the public and have ways for the general public to contact you, like an email address, street address, phone, etc.

Unlike the people part of the Fight Tracker where privacy is very important, venues need to be very public, as there's no point listing them if people can't show up and find a cool new place to play fighting games.

zqjsdidu said on November 15, 2012 at 4:12 a.m.

Double_A said on November 15, 2012 at 7:26 a.m.

Maybe a good solution to the "everybody is a 9" issue is to use named ranks instead of numbered. For example, the top category could be "I win majors," then "top 16 or better" and so on down the list.

zUkUu said on November 15, 2012 at 9:01 a.m.

I'd like a Skill Tier list. that's like way more open then a hard number.

DynaDASH said on November 15, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.

Wiii, imma so happy about new features. Good call, Eventhubs :3

Boogityboy said on November 18, 2012 at 5:36 a.m.