Posted by SFilp • November 13, 2012 at 8:05 p.m. PST
Cross Counter's Barfights from Alhambra, California, Infrit vs. KillerKai and Marn vs. Richard Nguyen The Cross Counter team is streaming a Barfights event tonight from the Azul Ultra Lounge in Alhambra, California. This is a free event, so if you're in the area stop by to play some games. Stream is supposd to start around 8 p.m. PST, so it should start any moment.

They will be playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, King of Fighters 13 and Persona 4 Arena.

This is a casual event, but Gootecks has setup some exhibition matches including LxG|Infrit facing off against KillerKai in a first to ten set, then MRN|Marn facing off again Richard Nguyen in a first to 15.

Hit the jump to check out the stream.

Comments

spotlesseden said on November 13, 2012 at 9:20 p.m.

i thought i have eye cancer.

General_Bison said on November 13, 2012 at 10:10 p.m.

Worst stream ever.

anthonygamer said on November 13, 2012 at 10:21 p.m.

I just vomited. That 120p quality.

llSilkCutll said on November 13, 2012 at 11:02 p.m.

This steam was brought to you by Atari 2600.

Him said on November 13, 2012 at 11:22 p.m.

...I'm just waiting for them to put a price tag on this barfights, which I believe it will be on sale with HQ res.

keflex said on November 14, 2012 at 12:41 a.m.

Oh nice, I live about 4 blocks from Azul. Strange that they'd be doing a bar fights there, since it's quite "clubby". Funny thing is that on a good thursday night, Azul probably has the highest number of hot latinas per square foot anywhere close to LA (including Hollywood).

massi4h said on November 14, 2012 at 1:03 a.m.

Just went to watch the archives. Pixels fighting pixels, was pretty funny.

euiuodsn said on November 14, 2012 at 3:41 a.m.

lordrockman said on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 a.m.

Stream was horrible worst CC stream ever!!

ZOMBIEMEGAMAN said on November 14, 2012 at 5:56 a.m.

Smorgasboard said on November 14, 2012 at 6:29 a.m.

People would enjoy life more if they complained less. Lol.

tequilasauer said on November 14, 2012 at 7:40 a.m.

I purposely don't watch CC events or anything with Goots involved. I am ok with paying for things in the scene, I paid for the EVO subscription, bought a BT shirt, and pay for Spooky's subscription. I think that stuff is good for the community. I always just feel like anything he's involved in, there's some cost involved that is not worth it. DVDs for sale or 5 bucks to watch ONE tournament that isn't even a Road to EVO event. Even though this might've been free, I'm sure that wasn't the original intent, it probably just didn't come together as intended, so there was no way to squeeze money out of fans for it.

nusense said on November 14, 2012 at 7:45 a.m.

So who won?

zUkUu said on November 14, 2012 at 8:51 a.m.

what a hypocrite.

MarkHighHill said on November 14, 2012 at 9:22 a.m.

Do you get online just to piss people off..?

I think it's funny Gootecks tried giving everyone advice on how to stream, when this was the worst stream I've watched.

mrdrofficer said on November 14, 2012 at 9:37 a.m.

I really thought Goo's streaming video was extremely helpful and opened the avenue for guys like Boom Gorilla to start their streaming business by demystifying the barriers to streaming for a lot of people. There's a lot of reasons why a streams quality may be bad, but please don't bring professionalism into it, especially someone who is really busting their ass for our scene.

JacerX said on November 14, 2012 at 9:47 a.m.

@17 Professionalism? The guy is an a$$hole, and is trying to milk this scene as much as he can. He doesn't care about "the community". I can guarantee you he is going to charge for "HQ" videos of Barfights.

skinlikewinter said on November 14, 2012 at 10:49 a.m.

wtf? Why is everyone on here so down with talking trash about anyone in the scene who does anything that they don't like?

Noel Brown walks away mid-fight acting like a child, yeah--talk trash on him being a douche.

FChamp runs his mouth, yeah--give your negative opinion just fine.

But Gootecks supports a stream that was terrible quality and you bash him saying he will likely be charging for an HQ stream later on... something that he hasn't even done yet or that probably isn't even 100% under his control... come on.

Leave negative opinions reserved for those who have demonstrated a lack of character, not bc one stream is poor quality.

Besides, from what I saw, Infrit bodied KillerKai. It wasn't even close, despite how good his Zero is. KillerKai's taskmaster was just far too mediocre to support his team after Zero's death.

dust said on November 14, 2012 at 10:51 a.m.

Honestly, I do believe that he cares somewhat about the community. That being said, I have to agree with above. Gootecks is all about making money and if you watch Gootalks consistently, that is pretty much his central theme.

Whatever reason there is for the s**t stream, Gootecks is to blame for this. He had ample time to check the venue beforehand, as he stated in Gootalks that he wanted to find a place that was logistically viable so he could take care of potential issues beforehand. Live stream capability should have been one of the top issues on his list of things to take care of prior to the event.

Sorry to say Gooey but you lose a lot of credibility because of this...

zUkUu said on November 14, 2012 at 11:15 a.m.

what gives you this impression?

I just think it's hypocrisy when you freely give money to other streamers and then say you don't watch another one because you FEEL like there is money involved. SERIOUSLY?

The stream is free, you don't pay for it - so I don't see the point.

tequilasauer said on November 14, 2012 at 11:22 a.m.

You called me a hypocrite, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying. My point is, I don't mind paying money, but I DO mind feeling like I'm being FORCED to pay money and for something that does not feel like the pricetag is justified.

5 bucks for EVO stream? Sure. Great product, great stream. Worthwhile, glad the money went to a good cause. 5 bucks for Spooky Subscription? Sure, great product, quality content, I'd pay double that.

10 bucks for this? http://store.crosscounter.tv/collecti...

NOPE.

See the difference?

As for this stream being free, you really think it would be free if these matches were better? Like if it was an F Champ/Infirit FT10 or a Fanatiq/Ray Ray runback? If so, I might have some land on the moon I can sell you. Cheap too!

3D said on November 14, 2012 at 11:24 a.m.

Soooo did anyone attend the event at least??? I was thinking of going but there was way to much traffic, so I went ffa lol.

EMP_frontpagecommentmonster said on November 14, 2012 at 11:25 a.m.

it's obvious that none of you have been paying attention or else you'd know that the purpose of this bar battles was just to give some of the local players a place to chill and play some games. it wasn't meant to hype and there wasn't even going to be a stream or even exhibition matches until the very last minute because the gootalks stream monsters kept crying for one. So the dumb people trying to imply that the purpose of this was to make bread off of some bad quality stream or that he wasn't doing it in the community's best interests need to go hit up the gootalks archives and get informed.

dennishubs said on November 14, 2012 at 11:36 a.m.

uh.. it was mentioned in the stream title that the internet is bad at the location, what you guys want CC to exclusively get fiber optic connection just for one night so you guys get high-quality stream?

tequilasauer said on November 14, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.

Yeah, it's not like the other Bar Battles was locked down for a while for pay-per-view either. Oh wait............

tequilasauer said on November 14, 2012 at 11:42 a.m.

*Barfights

zUkUu said on November 14, 2012 at 11:42 a.m.

The initial stream was free as was the evo stream. yet you QQ that your FREELY given 5 bucks are worth more then your 10 bucks that you don't need to pay either. who forces you again?

you know what, my freely given 5 bucks are also worth alot more then my 10 bucks I could pay to buy the DVD for that movie I didn't watched and didn't like that was for free in TV the other time.

dust said on November 14, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.

What are you talking about? In many past Gootalks Gootecks talks about how exhibition matches are the future of the FGC. Obviously he set these matches up to create hype in an otherwise super casual environment. And I'm not saying his sole purpose off of this event was to make money. I'm sure it was an event targeting the casual players, but my point is that he talks about a certain principle that he follows and how he judges so many other streams based on "production value", and yet he could not produce a quality stream himself for this event. If you think Gootecks is only about the community and not about the money, you are being very ignorant. Think about how much he talks about youtube money and twitch money and all of his jackthreads bulls**t and other advertising nonsense. But all of this is beside the point. He loses credibility because he was unable to match the "production value" that he constantly speaks highly of himself for and criticizes others for.

That stream title was posted the day of the event. They had plenty of time prior during preparation to scope out the venue and test the quality of the internet. A bail out stream title is not an excuse. And no we are not asking for "fiber optic connection for just one night". How about preparation and delivering on your word though?

tequilasauer said on November 14, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.

Nothing FORCES me to watch it. If you notice, I flat out say, I don't watch their stuff. As a consumer, I choose where to spend money. I chose not to spend on a lot of the CC stuff because it's rarely worth the money. My honest hope is that a more reasonable cost structure develops for this stuff. I WANT to pay, I just don't want to feel ripped off. How are you not understanding this? It's capitalism. I choose not to spend money on things that feel over-priced. And my purpose of posting on it is to express my dismay and hope that maybe they see this and figure out nobody gives 2 craps about DVDs (I mean, seriously, DVDs???).

Like FGTV is starting to charge for stuff now if you want archives. Which I'm perfectly fine with..........as long as there's content. Don't charge 10 bucks for a subscription that is PR Rog and F Champ in the training room for 12 hours practicing BnBs. But those Fraud Free Fridays, when they were doing them weekly, were awesome. I'd pay for a subscription to that.

zUkUu said on November 14, 2012 at 11:58 a.m.

I'm done talking to you. you don't seem to get that the streams ARE F****ING FREE. YOU DONT "spend your money" on them. are you delusional?

tequilasauer said on November 14, 2012 at 1:23 p.m.

I acknowledge they're free in the first post I made. Again, I choose not to support them, even for free events. Read harder.

flungdungfar said on November 14, 2012 at 1:26 p.m.

lol...we all know the stream was BAD....we all know gootecks is going to be promoting the DVD on upcoming streams. No surprises here.

I for one was laughing at the stream quality when the last 2 appearances gootecks made on streams was about how to stream. Then puts up that garbage.

I don't care what anyone says, when you are running an event and are planning to stream, the first thing on your list should be, can a stream be done? no? next venue.

If the quality was that terrible then why even stream?

Oh well. DVD on sale soon, but I ain't buying.

Dutchling said on November 14, 2012 at 2:01 p.m.

I wonder if anybody was thinking that the internet may have been on the basic side in the club because they may have no use for fiber optics and Gootecks was making it work with what he had and even said that it might go down at one point?

Just sayin'

JacerX said on November 14, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

@34 You know he set this up ahead of time right? He could of picked a better venue with sufficient speeds. The fact that he didn't and then tried to stream just confirms he is gonna try selling HQ versions of it.

EMP_frontpagecommentmonster said on November 14, 2012 at 4:33 p.m.

@ 29 wtf are YOU talking about. smh watch the damn archives or even check his recent tweets. it was not going to be streamed nor did he have exhibitions even planned until a few days before the date. he wasnt -trying- to make it surpass any kind of production value he reference in the past with this stream that got put together at the last minute. think about it if he was trying to make bank dont you think he already knows how to by now???? This nigga goootecks has been profiting off this crap forever. if he wanted to milk our pockets with this even then this barfights wouldve been advertised everywhere and there would've been way more high profile exhibitions like last year's. this was an experience that meant to be enjoyed by the people who could actually show up (he said this soooo many times during gootalks) and he decided to get offcast to stream it at the last minute just because. you obviously need this link to watch some archives http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv/v...

zhanba24 said on November 14, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.

MarkHighHill said on November 14, 2012 at 8:38 p.m.

No, I do find his streaming advice really helpful also.

I just find the irony a little bit funny. That's all and nothing else. I think Gootecks seems like a pretty cool guy in person, and I'm thankful for what he does for the community.

Keep trying to find all the negative in between the lines of comments (even if they're not there) for the rest of time, because you'll always lose arguments to trolls.

Biobillybonez said on November 14, 2012 at 11:46 p.m.

I dunno about you guys but the stream was fine for me, like 480p.

zqjsdidu said on November 15, 2012 at 4:13 a.m.