Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - buy it while you still can, Street Fighter X Tekken digital update

Posted by SFilp • November 7, 2012 at 5:41 p.m. PST
Christian Svensson is once again back on the Capcom-Unity forums answering questions. When asked if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom will make it to the Wii U, Svensson responded saying that the rights with Tatsunoko have lapsed and so they can no longer sell the game at all.

Our rights with Tatsunoko have lapsed fairly recently (so we're no longer allowed to sell the title physically or digitally). Unless Japan were to strike a new deal, I'd say the chances of this happening are slim.

Additionally, GregaMan made a blog post detailing Street Fighter X Tekken's small update this week which brings Boost Gem Packs 16-18, Color Palette Addon-On 9 and Boost Gem Trial Pack 7 are available for download on both PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace.

Sent in by Icejohn

Comments

Damonta said on November 7, 2012 at 5:48 p.m.

Thank you Capcom for listening to the fans. More gems and ugly colours. Just what I always wanted. Capcom can do no wrong.

BeatNinja said on November 7, 2012 at 5:48 p.m.

Probably my least favorite game in the VS. series. I didn't care for it.

Rynocerious said on November 7, 2012 at 5:50 p.m.

No more bird missiles? D:

SgtKonus said on November 7, 2012 at 6:01 p.m.

I like TVC. The game was great practice for UMVC3 with Zero being overpowered for the exact same reasons in TVC.

I miss Frank's command grab.

brasssmunkye said on November 7, 2012 at 6:09 p.m.

this game was awesome, this is sad to hear :(
i was honestly hoping for a possible re-boot at some point :/

Hayabusa_San said on November 7, 2012 at 6:13 p.m.

Proud owner of a TVC copy since release. This is a great game, and its a shame it got so underappreciated. I believe its Capcom's fault for just announcing MVC3 too close to TVC release, so basically people just waited for the more popular game.

yaranaika said on November 7, 2012 at 6:21 p.m.

You mean it's their fault for releasing it on Wii, right?

qwikz said on November 7, 2012 at 6:22 p.m.

No im pretty sure it was underappreciated because it was released on the wrong console

jme said on November 7, 2012 at 6:22 p.m.

Perhaps they gave up TvC deal for another game that was region locked? Kappa

badjab326 said on November 7, 2012 at 6:22 p.m.

I picked it up recently. Really wish I could have picked up a TvC stick when they were brand new for only $12. Would have had a cheap PS3 stick, still I'll enjoy the hell out of playing as Batsu and Alex together for the 1st and last time :(

Viro_veteruscy said on November 7, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.

Great game, nothin wrong with having it on the Wii. Gamers seem to judge the Wii for the wrong reasons and don't want to get certain games for it yet complain when the Wii actually gets good games such as "No More Heroes" (which they finally got later on for 360 and PS3, but "No More Heroes 2" is still on the Wii lol). Either way, TvC was fun and if people didn't get it for whatever reason they had and yet still complain about it then well they missed out.

kara said on November 7, 2012 at 6:36 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on November 7, 2012 at 6:38 p.m.

This game was more fun then Marvel 3

Him said on November 7, 2012 at 6:45 p.m.

I think they posted this up because the Wii-U is right around the corner. Good move because I need another copy.

NoizyChild said on November 7, 2012 at 7:29 p.m.

Zero was even worse in TvC because of all the meter hoarding for Baroque and Mega Crash.

Not only could Zero kill you in seconds, but because of Mega Crash, the second you touch him, he breaks the combo and kills you anyway.

Chenda_Sheen said on November 7, 2012 at 7:37 p.m.

Game was a controlled mash em. Best way I can explain it. It was fun.

illness690 said on November 7, 2012 at 8:08 p.m.

OmegaZero said on November 7, 2012 at 8:14 p.m.

I dont agree with you in that, I dont agree with zero being broken on marvel either (umvc3 is broken either way), the fact is, zero is defenetly S tier, along with t.blade, and yatterman-1, a fully optimized combo with zero will take 30 bill of your health anywhere on the screen, without baroque, even without assist, the point is, to do that you need to switch charge, and doing that on Tvc isnt like marvel (buster switch there is easy), none other than me, including marn, was ever able to do a fully optimized zero combo, theres some people out there like fatavarice, like soraynzu, that have been able to do my corner bnb loops, but no one has really pass that point, doing so in the middle of the screen with no baroque with no assist, is a whole different level of zero execution, back at the prime times of tvc, marn and other zeros rely on one tactic to beat their oponents and that is zero basic cross up back up by projectile assist, and a lot of people fall for that, cause no one wanted to advance guard zeros normals, and why was that?, cause all of zero normals move him forward so a lot of people just discarded the idea of advance guarding against zero, that was a huge mistake, cause a lot of zeros normals become punishable like standing H, and down H, more than that, the fact that you completely nullify zero ground cross up game by advance guarding was a huge deal, but then again people choose not to do it.

Now for some relevant point regarding zero tech, you can check my videos out:

So I made quite the detour so lets go back on the point, Tatsunoko vs capcom UAS, is by far the most balanced game of this generations, is a must have for any wii owner, so if anyone dont have this jewel, you should go to your closes store and by a copy, remember this could be you last chance to get tatsunoko vs capcom uas.

hazelnut1112 said on November 7, 2012 at 8:15 p.m.

Have both the NA and Japan copies so I am okay with saving these games.

zhanba17 said on November 7, 2012 at 8:55 p.m.

Kuya117 said on November 7, 2012 at 9:39 p.m.

too bad I don't have a Wii this is a really good game...

portalsofmadnes said on November 7, 2012 at 9:59 p.m.

I still have my copy of TvC.Never gona get rid of it.I dont even have a WII anymore(terrible console,only 9 stellar games out of the entire library).But il still probably get another one mainly to play this game.

LunaSlave said on November 7, 2012 at 10:41 p.m.

I'm totally confused - with regards to the boost gem packs, it seems like they're releasing gems I have already? I don't get it, unless they're trying to charge twice for something.

xShonuffx said on November 7, 2012 at 11:12 p.m.

If they stop selling it, this game is gonna be worth a LOT of money later in the years much like the Dreamcast fighters.

47drift said on November 8, 2012 at 1:06 a.m.

TvC is such a good game, I still play it frequently. Would love a Wii U sequel, despite that probably never happening.

roknin said on November 8, 2012 at 2 a.m.

Still got my copy. Kinda wish I hadn't sold the JPN copy but... Meh.

I love that game but had no one to play against. :-(

JiCi said on November 8, 2012 at 5:08 a.m.

Well, that sucks... I sold my copy because I wasn't playing it anymore. Still have the game data on my Wii though.

This game is much better than UMvC3. The roster is balanced and varied, the Tatsunoko characters are faithful to the source material and of course, there's a combo breaker mecanic, which UMvC3 would need because I'm sick and tired of seeing those mind-numbling one-touch kills.

Hypermarth said on November 8, 2012 at 5:31 a.m.

@12 Maybe so, but the online for the Wii sucks ass.

fighter5717 said on November 8, 2012 at 7:38 a.m.

I give up on you Capcom.....

salindy13 said on November 8, 2012 at 8:12 a.m.

Finally they drop news about that s****y game.

handsofgod said on November 8, 2012 at 11:42 a.m.

i must admit tatvscap looks pretty good, but i never bought it because i am a pad player and the wii (snes) pad just doesn't feel... sexy! and i was always worried about online play as i am guessing players would be pretty minimal due to the console.

if your from the UK and you play this title please let me know what lobbies are like.
and if you use the wii (snes) pad can you give me some feedback please bare in mind i use a ps3 controller for my sf games

any feedback would be much appreciated as i am still interested in getting this title, thank you

old_school_rival said on November 8, 2012 at 2:21 p.m.

@ handsofgod I can only speak for myself, but I never had a problem using the wii pad. I've used pads for years and it felt fine to me. You don't get lobbies on this game it's either rank or player match. I haven't played it since my little brother sold his wii a couple of years ago so I couldn't tell you what it's like online now.

Anyhow I knew it was only a matter of time before this game was put to rest. It was a good game though, I've still got my copy. Maybe at some point in the future I'll buy a wii u so I can play it again.

handsofgod said on November 9, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.

thanks for the feedback much appreciated