Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • May 25, 2012 at 9:20 a.m. PDT
Mini FAQ for Street Fighter 25th anniversary package, animated movie won't contain nudity Many people had questions about the exact details of the 25th anniversary package for Street Fighter that Capcom announced yesterday. As luck would have it, Andrew, the product manager behind this release stepped in to provide some clarity.

Hit the jump to read everything.

Andrew: I realize that Capcom is going to disclose more information about this set, but I felt like posting this to potentially save Capcom some time so that they know which questions people have about the upcoming SF collection. The following are my questions and I'm sure other people will have questions of their own to add.

Where can we pre-order it from? I know the Capcom store already has it up, but I have had bad experiences with Digital River and would rather not have to deal with them.

We are working with the big guys, and they should have their order pages up shortly. In fact, Amazon's order pages are up right now:

Xbox 360
PS3

Because of the quantities, the set won't be available in mom-and-pop stores.

Will the included DLC (for Arcade Edition and SFxT) be unlocked on the disc (ala PS3's Resident Evil 5 Gold DLC) or will the game come with a PSN/XboxLive code to download the unlock key (ala 360's Resident Evil 5 Gold DLC)? The former would be the preferred one.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, it would be the download keys. If we would have had it be available on-disc, it would have required some re-development, which would have forced us to increase the price.

What costume packs are being referred to for the Arcade Edition's included DLC? All of them (Vanilla, Super, Ultra, Arcade Edition)? That would be great.

Every single costume from every version. (I believe it's 102 total.)

Will SFIITHD and SFIIIOE be reedemable through download codes or will they be on a disc(s)? For the 360 Edition? For the PS3 Edition?

Download codes for both version.

Will the documentary still be on a Bluray disc for the 360 edition? Will it be 1080p?

Yes, so you will require a separate Blu-Ray player. It will be 1080p.

Will the SFIV and SSFIV movies be on Bluray for the 360 edition? For PS3 Edition? Will they be 1080p?

They will be included on the Blu-Ray for both versions. The Ties that Bind (the SFIV movie) will be 1080p, and the SSFIV OVA will be 720p (that is what it was produced in)

Will the Street Fighter Animated Series be on Bluray for the 360 edition? For PS3 edition? Will it be 1080p?

It will be included on the Blu-Ray for both versions, and it will be in standard definition (no HD version exists).

Will the Street Fighter II movie be on Bluray for the 360 edition? For the PS3 edition? Will it be 1080p?

Which Street Fighter II animated series are we getting?

I'm not sure exactly which item you're referring to. The animated series is the USA Network version from 1995-1997. The Street Fighter II Animated Movie is the one animated by Group TAC and released in 1994. If you're thinking of Street Fighter II V, that is not included (legal reasons).

Who is making the Ryu Statue? Any company we should be excited about (like Sideshow or Kotobukiya)?

I suppose that partially depends on who you get excited about, but it is Multiverse, which is made up of some of the best designers at SOTA, who have made a number of our larger statues before. However, I can vouch that the detailing and overall quality of the statue in the collector's set is one of the best I've seen for its size.

Any chance of releasing the track list for the Soundtracks?

Yes, but just to give you a heads-up:

• Street Fighter - Basically, all the music from the arcade game.
• Super Street Fighter II Turbo - All the character themes, character ending themes, and general game themes (from the arcade version).
• Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Essentially the same as the official soundtrack from way back when.
• Street Fighter III Third Strike - The entire original soundtrack, plus the Online Edition soundtrack.
• Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - Themes for all 39 characters.
• Street Fighter x Tekken - Very similar to the soundtrack included in Japan's SFxTK special edition.
• Fan-created music - Much too varied to list here (we're going to have a special feature about the 40+ contributing artists closer to launch), but it spans a wide variety of styles and genres for both remixes and original works.

What is the edition size of this run? For PS3? For 360? Altogether?

Our numbers are 14,500 for the Xbox 360, and 15,500 for the PS3. So that's 30,000 total. I should note, we're not reprinting this. Once that number is gone, it's gone for good.

What are the Artbook's dimensions? — Jonathan

I'd need to double check for the exact dimensions, but to the best of my memory, it's roughly 7.4 inches wide by 10.5 inches tall. I can be more specific if you need, but rest assured it's not a manual-sized art book.

Will the two OVAs have an english & japanese audio tracks? Will the blu-ray disc also include the animated story trailers like the Sakura, Chun-Li, C. Viper, and Ryu trailers? And if so, will they be in HD res with duel language audio too? — 3DJr.

Andrew: We are looking into ways to get the Japanese audio tracks on without degrading the overall quality of either audio or video, but for the moment, they are English only.

The Blu-Rays will not include the animated story trailers, just full-length videos.

Will this be coming to Europe? There's a lot of people that want this here. — LiamDavison

Andrew: Unfortunately, no. I can assure you that it was not for lack of trying. We spent several months aggressively trying to get it sold in retailers throughout Europe, but at the end of the day, it didn't happen. I can't go into the details, but basically we were told by what I'll call relevant companies that they did not think there would be enough interest in such a non-standard product. Obviously, they've been proven wrong, but unfortunately they can't go back and change it.

For what it's worth, your best bet at the moment is to import via Amazon.

What edit of the animated SF2 movie is being included? Is it going to be completely uncut?— HeeroCobain

Andrew: I kinda know what this basically boils down to, and the answer is, no nipples. Sorry.

From Capcom-Unity.

Comments

ItsMahveIBaby said on May 25, 2012 at 9:27 a.m.

After SF X T, can you really blame Europe for not wanting to sell this?

Wolfstone said on May 25, 2012 at 9:35 a.m.

I bet all DLCs are already inside the disc ...
After the disappointment with SFxT, I do not buy anything from Capcom.

spambot said on May 25, 2012 at 9:37 a.m.

no nipples no buy

BestAlgorithm said on May 25, 2012 at 9:38 a.m.

So we get a video of people trying to kill each other but no animated nipples?

Makes sense.

THE_GODDAMN_MASTER said on May 25, 2012 at 9:42 a.m.

But it still has the Crimson B*tch torturing Cammy in a completely pointless shoutout to some of the Internet's worst perverts?
Class act.

KissofPoison said on May 25, 2012 at 10:51 a.m.

I would buy it if it didn't have content I already own. I'd be basically double paying for everything (coincidentally a recurring issue with Capcom).

Why couldn't they come up with something exciting.

BumblebeeCody said on May 25, 2012 at 11:23 a.m.

NOT coming to Europe? Why would I import it then if it's region locked(Apart from PS3, but then again I wouldn't be able to redeem the codes anyway).
All I wanted was the statue stuff. Oh well, moving on.
Thanks Capcom

On a serious note though, Andrew is FAR easier to understand than Sven. Would rather here from this guy more often than Sven

Oroku_Saki said on May 25, 2012 at 11:25 a.m.

I find it sad, that it's only the Fan-created music and the Artbook, I want. Almost everything else in their package I already have. Capcom may think the figurine is high-quality, but to me it's not.
And LOL at all the redeemable content, those being on discs would have been better.
Oh well, time for me to return to playing SF Zero 3.

Super_Honda said on May 25, 2012 at 12:39 p.m.

Such a shame, I was hoping that the European version would be released and I can buy it on import but I wouldn't be able to redeem those codes as 1 guy mentioned above. Would've used those codes and then, I would've put the collecter's edition away. Even though I would like to see all the DLC content on the disc, like what the guy said, adding all the DLC content on the disc would be a hassle and this would increase the price of this package. I'm not surprised by that.

Also, why would Capcom add an uncut version of SF2 animated movie? This package attracts many different people, not just for the hardcore scene. If you really wanna see the uncut Chun Li shower scene, check it out on Youtube. Anyway, I'm looking foward to TTT2 special edition, it's gonna be good.

kakashiisagod said on May 25, 2012 at 12:41 p.m.

LOL Capcom you cant hide Chun li from us. I still got my Uncut re-release, with that epic Alice in Chains soundtrack.

Dragard said on May 25, 2012 at 1:04 p.m.

If I wanted to see Chun-Li's nipples I'd watch it on Netflix. Or I'd hit Rule 34 >.>

metalfacedoom23 said on May 25, 2012 at 1:32 p.m.

Bought everything in this package not going to be stupid enough to do it again. R.I.P. Capcom.

sgb said on May 25, 2012 at 1:41 p.m.

The whole thing is horribly tainted by SF x Tekken and the DLC. It's not a classic, it was a failure. They're clearly just trying to shove it and the DLC down everyone's throats, and is probably the reason for 1/3 or more of the price of the total package. I would have liked the music CDs, artbook, movies, figurine, and developer commentary. That's all cool. But I'm not paying a dime for SF x Tekken, nevermind being forced to buy all that DLC. Bad play Crapcom, bad play.

DarknessFallz said on May 25, 2012 at 1:44 p.m.

Why would anyone have expected nudity? O_o

HooliganComboFTW said on May 25, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.

AHAHAHAHAHA No chun-li bewbs profound sadness

averageGEN said on May 25, 2012 at 2:03 p.m.

I live in the uk. Anyone know if I import this from the USA can I se the dlc codes or are they region locked?

ya_boy said on May 25, 2012 at 2:11 p.m.

Some collection Capcom. Delicious Chun-Li ass and nipples and they want to give you the censored version in what is suppose to be a giant collection? No.

tidestick said on May 25, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

No nips, NO BUY!

Existent said on May 25, 2012 at 2:23 p.m.

I guess you're the one guy who doesn't know what he's referring to.

drunkendan said on May 25, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.

I thought you were kidding until I checked some previous posts of yours...wow just wow

that being said SF2 animated movie is the best fighting game(or game in general) to film of any kind still. Though I can take or leave the nudity since it was pointless in my honest opinion. I have no plans on buying this as I own all of the stuff I care about in it. Not bad for people who have none of it though

rmmfg said on May 25, 2012 at 4:28 p.m.

'Animated movie packaged with many other superior products wont contain brief, pointless nudity scene.'
Great headline eventhubs.

StreetPussy said on May 25, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.

It's a shame it's not the Uncut SFII movie, I have that anyway but I had the censored version on the Anniversary Collection and it's not just about the nudity. I prefer the English dub and the alternate censored lines used for the swearing are horrible Vega:"You "witch" I'll make you suffer!" Guile: I'll rip your "frigging" heart out!" I also love the soundtrack on the English dub.

ShinsokuHitokiri said on May 25, 2012 at 5:40 p.m.

@Andrew from Capcom Unity
No nipples/nudity? No buy Sorry.

Balloon said on May 25, 2012 at 6:13 p.m.

What's the point of releasing the greatest, genre defining nipple simulator if you pull out 5 seconds of nipple?

OH WAIT

werewolfgold said on May 25, 2012 at 8:35 p.m.

I mean, let's be real here. When the SFII animated movie was brought first brought over to the states, there was a lot more edited out of it/changed than just some of the shower scene. Asking whether it's going to be uncut for this release is a perfectly valid question. The project manager just made it about the nipples, really.

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on May 25, 2012 at 11:55 p.m.

This is a total dealbreaker.

shin_ono said on May 26, 2012 at 4:40 a.m.

so the animated movie is SD :( AND no nipples, whats the point of this?

dfgerdge said on May 26, 2012 at 5 a.m.

Nukka said on May 26, 2012 at 5:29 a.m.

For a 25th anniversary package, I don't understand why the package is so exclusive, I mean, this is gonna be out of stock so fast, and the only reason I can't get it is the place I live(Canada).

And yo that SF2 the animated movie better have japanese. I Don't want Ryu and Ken calling each other Muscle man and Hotshot...

SF2FOREVER said on May 27, 2012 at 12:48 p.m.

For me: If everythings IS NOT on disc ,then it's a NO BUY. Collectors edition Should always have all ON DISC. If it's not on disc, it's not complete. After a few years when the server is gone, You'll be missing all the dlc content and both sf games EVEN if it were sealed. If you decided to open the package now and use the codes, and when you want to give it to someone or sell it in the future, it's not complete, you'll be missing half of the contents again. And that's not how a collector's edition should be. A collector's edition should be completed with everything even if it's 10 or another 25 years from now. With DLCs it will never be.

MOST_Hated said on July 23, 2012 at 12:40 a.m.

Well I'm getting it as a present.. It's already been ordered.
So I can't complain but really wish the animated movie was the fully uncut netflix version, since it's a first time on bluray..