New Hori arcade stick that features LED lights, touch screen buttons and more, Hit Box tutorials, tutorial on how to stream from Cross Counter Asia

Posted by SFilp • May 3, 2012 at 6:26 p.m. PDT
Level|Up had a special guest Kaz from Hori USA to show off the new Fighting Edge arcade stick that features LED lights, a touch screen buttons (Start, Select, ect) and more.

The guys from HitBoxes have uploaded two new tutorials to show you how to do a sliding 360 and a sliding 720 on their arcade sticks.

Cross Counter Asia's cameraman has put a tutorial and unboxing video to teach you how to record and stream from Xbox 360 or PS3 using the AverMedia Game Broadcaster.

Tips submitted by neoWhite, rafael2487, USAtlas and some anonymous readers.

Comments

Oroku_Saki said on May 3, 2012 at 6:40 p.m.

I already had this preordered after famitsu had the article on it 2 months ago. It should be fun to use for a while.

USA Preorder here:

SolracX42 said on May 3, 2012 at 6:49 p.m.

the question is, Is it Dual Modded.....?

Existent said on May 3, 2012 at 6:54 p.m.

I hate to be the guy who says it and I feel like a dick, but these typos in the headlines are getting annoying. On another note I haven't heard much about the hitbox for a long time.

Oroku_Saki said on May 3, 2012 at 6:55 p.m.

@#2 SolracX42:
Nope, there are separate console versions. It's not multi-console out of the box......yet.

I want to see what MadCatz is going to reply this with.

BlankaBeast said on May 3, 2012 at 7:02 p.m.

Now all HORI needs to do is re-make the Fighting Commander 3 Pro pad with a slightly larger D-Pad

KirbyMorph said on May 3, 2012 at 7:51 p.m.

its a shame the 360 sticks require those rainbow puke coloured buttons. pretty much have to buy new buttons if you get the 360 version.

L said on May 3, 2012 at 7:57 p.m.

Is there some technical or legal reason why Hori nor MadCatz release their own dual-modded sticks? Isn't Eightarc's stick dual modded?

I want a new stick (still using the original TE), but if I'm going to spend $200 or even $150 again, it needs to be dual modded out of the gate.

RamboStorm said on May 3, 2012 at 8:39 p.m.

Eight arc or Qanba definetly Better for Dual modded if you are like at tournaments every week. I've only Been too two tournaments & They weren't big & not too small like casual & They had tons of Ps3s & 360's for Multiple Games. Especially nowadays I think all tournaments have Both but I do remember having a crap, But loved Hori Fighting Stick Pro 3 for $40 for Ps3. It was Nerve - Racking too look @ a Tournament close too you & See if you can Make it only too Forget you can only play on 1 console. Especially when you've Never played the other consoles version because of this & Being let down by yourself for Not reading what console you can only play. It does .. .Handicap you. I don't recall me ever saying it's a Good thing I can't Go too my first Tournament lol. Now the LED side things is really New I believe. Good is others can see you play as you hit the the opponents, how often your hitting them, when your missing, etc. Bad is your opponent can tell with the corner of their Eye or otherwise when there Opponent is hitting a Button. Good & Bad combined People might not realize this when it is Happening & When it is Can you fake your Going too attack? Does it blink when you move joystick Directions I don't think. When like full screen even holding back if you Hit a button your opponent can tell. I'd rather LED Colored lights that blink when I press a button can That be arranged? I'd seriously think that'd be cool & When I move my joystick upper right, up, upper left, left, down, bottom right & right a Different but same for each Time I press them. Can that be arranged? Like even 1 stick random of the 8 colors on Joystick every movement & 8 Buttons random everytime or no? I would seriously like for Muscle memory cause I can see my hands/joystick/buttons move when I play. Can I get 8 colors all different But the same for every 8 Directions like upper right Green, upper right, upper right, Green, Green. Up, Upper right, upper right, up, Blue, Green, Green, Blue. Buttons the same X, O, X, O, Orange, Brown, Orange, Brown. You get the idea. $200 + Tax & Ship for a non Dual Mod stick dang that's Flashy. I paid like $190 for the Limited Blue Qanba 4 one just Because it has more colors than the Black one from videogamesnewyork.com

spotlesseden said on May 3, 2012 at 9:54 p.m.

i'm getting this hori stick. sick

tmfan said on May 4, 2012 at 1:47 a.m.

Isn't it obvious? If these companies make dual-modded sticks, then people wouldn't have to buy two sticks to play on both consoles.

Less sticks sold = less money. You know, unless they charge like $200-250 for the dual-modded versions to offset the loss in sales.

J said on May 4, 2012 at 5:53 a.m.

That stick is gorgeous.

Keep_It_Flashy said on May 4, 2012 at 6:03 a.m.

I hope MCZ step up there game after seeing this because they are releasing the same stick year after year. They are only changing the template on the stick.

Hori is coming out with something original and beautiful.

Sasuga said on May 4, 2012 at 6:24 a.m.

@10: That isn't very obvious, honestly. A lot of tournament players would choose a dual-modded stick over one that is more 'sexy'. If Hori or Madcatz would release their sticks dual-modded, they would sell more.

Sasuga said on May 4, 2012 at 6:27 a.m.

Btw, do the anti-hitbox people agree that this hori stick should be banned at tournaments because it gives an advantage over regular sticks? :P

Castigation said on May 4, 2012 at 10:04 a.m.

First of all stop calling stock sticks with multiple console support for dual-modded. Obviously it's not modded if it's shipped that way.
Secondly the reason why they're not offering PS3 and 360 support in the same stick has to do with licensing by Sony and Microsoft, not some conspiracy theory about selling more sticks.

MarkMan said on May 4, 2012 at 12:03 p.m.

Hi guys. Like many have said and discussed in here.

If Mad Catz could make dual console compatible sticks. We would. But we won't. We value our support/partnership with Microsoft and Sony.

I can't speak for Hori, but I'm sure if they could do dual console, they would.

Amerika said on May 4, 2012 at 12:40 p.m.

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with licensing as well but that doesn't actually answer why Qanba and Eightarc can do it. Of course I've not seen either of those brands in US retail outlets so perhaps they can get around the licensing issue that way or some other loophole where MCZ and Hori cannot.

Of course it very well could benefit both Hori and MCZ to simply abide by a licensing agreement that they do not actually have to abide by and then reap the benefits of multiple stick sales. Of course I know very few people that would pick up both but I'm sure they are out there.

It's such a sweet looking stick I'm sure somebody will dual mod it soon enough assuming Hori had the forethought to make it not too terribly difficult to do.

Of course Hori may want you to use their stuff and theirs only where razer is going for the modders.

I do wonder if the Hori stick and buttons will be sold separately so they could get into that market too. The stick interests me a lot since I already run a Seimitsu LS-56 which is super sensitive and love it. Their stick sounds very similar (and probably less squeaky).

fingfing said on May 4, 2012 at 7:11 p.m.

LunaSlave said on May 5, 2012 at 8:30 a.m.

You know, the new Hori stick seems amazing, except for the fact that I don't want to pay a couple hundred dollars if a Start or Select button craps out on me.