Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 18, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. PDT
Capcom/Microsoft to crack down on Street Fighter X Tekken's DLC hackers, Wii-U direction discussed If you've been hacking your Xbox 360 to play Street Fighter X Tekken's unreleased DLC characters online, it's probably a good idea to stop, as Capcom said they're going to go after users who are doing so, likely getting them banned from Xbox Live.

Christian Svensson talked about what Capcom's offerings on the Wii U will likely be, and he quickly comments on the fake UMvC3X rumor that surfaced a little ways back.

Hit the jump for everything.

Did you see that hackers were using the DLC in Street Fighter X Tekken to play the twelve new characters online ahead of their release?

In any event, we already have opened channels of communication with Microsoft on these issues Friday night. If you can capture screens or video of this in action (as some have already) we're working on bans for boxes and accounts with Microsoft for haxxors.

Will you be offering exclusive content for Wii U owners? — DinoCrisisFanboy

Svensson: We've not announced any Wii U titles yet, so it's impossible for me to answer this definitively.

I can say that we have historically tried to differentiate our offerings on certain titles for specific platforms. When looking at what we've done on 3DS, we've had significant differentiation where content has appeared on other platforms (SSFIV:3D Edition, RE: Mercenaries) and exclusives to the platform (Monster Hunter Tri G, RE: Revelations).

It's likely that our historically employed approaches will continue on Wii U.

Before you guys confirmed that the UMvC3X image was fake, there was still tons of excitement and hope for the game. — Greg

Svensson: Unfortunately, there were also about the same number of people complaining.

To answer your question though, I do understand that there are folks who want more and I'd love to thank those guys for their passion and loyalty, but for right now, there's nothing in the works.

Source: Capcom Boards.

Comments

J said on March 18, 2012 at 3:32 p.m.

Obligatory Capcops comment.

LightningBS said on March 18, 2012 at 3:34 p.m.

Like that is going to stop the hacking

clumsywolves said on March 18, 2012 at 3:34 p.m.

they're only banning people that players report?

shinwar said on March 18, 2012 at 3:35 p.m.

They need to worry about patching the online play and xbox offline/online play mode

TooItchy said on March 18, 2012 at 3:35 p.m.

@1 Obligatory dumbass SRK/EH commenter providing nothing of value whatsoever, and only complaining over nothing at all.

zxzxz said on March 18, 2012 at 3:35 p.m.

"I can say that we have historically tried to differentiate our offerings on certain titles for specific platforms."

and people hate you for it.

Oroku_Saki said on March 18, 2012 at 3:36 p.m.

I'm so glad I don't play with strangers and have only been in my private endless lobby. Oh well, not like I'm using a modded console as I've got a dev console and profile :P

SuperTurboFinisher said on March 18, 2012 at 3:37 p.m.

If it wasn't for the hackers, no one would be aware of the disc-locking that was going on. So even though i'm not for hacking for the most part, I applaud them on this occasion.

AfroMH said on March 18, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.

Stop snitchin!

Number1ricky said on March 18, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.

Capcom made a game that is worth over $80 for full content and then gets mad when people one up them. Well, I don't agree. But that's just my opinion.

Jedda678 said on March 18, 2012 at 3:45 p.m.

Hackers do need to be reported, but still in a sense I see why they did it. But still taking them online is stupid, just play offline or in private lobbies with friends. Really though it just shows Capcom not to put stuff on disc next time, still support the idea of them adding DLC characters (I don't mean disc-locked you trolls keep your mouths shut we all know it's on the disc and we are gonna pay to unlock it.) But I kind of hope they spread them out over time instead of bunch it all up after a vita release not many people will buy.

grimg0blin said on March 18, 2012 at 3:45 p.m.

them Hackers can un bann them selves tho :(
and who will snitch? lol

Aidsthebugcatcher said on March 18, 2012 at 3:48 p.m.

Kikecom at it again...

Vandal_Vortex said on March 18, 2012 at 3:49 p.m.

those hackers must be thinking "run run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man" lool btw did the gingerbread man ever get caught, I can't quite remember and really want to know.

NoizyChild said on March 18, 2012 at 3:51 p.m.

He got eaten at the end of the story by a fox.

trainingdummy said on March 18, 2012 at 3:52 p.m.

capcock.

release more videos of hacked disc locked content, and maybe, just maybe capcom will release this earlier than expected.

Darthgundam said on March 18, 2012 at 3:52 p.m.

Thank god, capcom giveth, capcom taketh away.

Tensa said on March 18, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.

capcops read to hit that ban,who would play them online anyways lol.....sadly idk if it can be done on ps3

crispylinks77 said on March 18, 2012 at 3:56 p.m.

Boooooo! The man is trying to shut the people down!

Chunners said on March 18, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

Patch the sound jeez.

GlassTop said on March 18, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

Vandal_Vortex said on March 18, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

@NoizyChild

wow that is some random ending, do foxes even eat pastry.LMAO

ArcadeRobot said on March 18, 2012 at 4 p.m.

HACK THE PLANET >;]

HardRojo said on March 18, 2012 at 4 p.m.

Of course, when people get content for free (Costume glitch in Marvel and now these hacked characters in SFxT) Capcom takes inmediate action but when it comes to making sure the game has few "acceptable" glitches and balance patches they won't even bother.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 18, 2012 at 4:01 p.m.

Grimey... Them hackers shoulda known better than to go online with it, shoulda just created different YouTube accounts and been done with it.

crispylinks77 said on March 18, 2012 at 4:02 p.m.

I honestly find this stupid that Capcom takes their sweet a** time when it comes to patches that the community wants, but when it comes to things that effect their income, they work day and night to stop the "criminals".

If Capcom gave us a completed product, and didn't charge us extra for stuff already on the disc, they wouldn't have this problem.

Imagine if Modern Warfare had maps already on the disc, but you needed $20 to unlock them. Their fans would be pissed. Only Capcom tries to milk their products dry.

samuraix025 said on March 18, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

@ 13 don't be racist, ass.

wither you understand capcom's reasoning or not. everyone agrees this is a terrible situation in its entirety. I personally think taking the character online is not only stupid because you are going to get your account banned, but also a slap in the face to those who have to wait. its like skipping the line for a highly anticipated item then walking pass the line and showing off what you just got at their expense.

ArcadeRobot said on March 18, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.
gtfopanda said on March 18, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.

Funny how Svensson totally skated over what's the realissue with people playing those characters online.

And gotta love how people aren't ratting on those players.

Hopefully more people will use the new characters and they release them soon.

Necreon said on March 18, 2012 at 4:05 p.m.

So where are the PC=Piracy fags? The same happens on your little darling console too, meanwhile, fans (you guys) payed for it and has less content. Pretty bad feeling huh?

This is exactly the same feeling that we feel every f**king time you (if you, Mr. Reader, are not one of them, just ignore all this) blame PC for everything, you discrimate PC players and just spams "who cares" to every single news about SF on PC. We are a part of the community, just like any of you, and discriminating us every single time just because some dumbass did things they shouldn't...

The only difference is, nobody cries about "console piracy" right now. The exact f**king same thing happening on your platform now. Live with it, snobs.

songman said on March 18, 2012 at 4:06 p.m.

Hacking on X-box is OLD news. I have been using burning bootleg games to play on x-box and play in LIVE and NO one have caught me yet. Sorry but the only way for them to find out if someone snitch boo hooo boo hoo.

boobee_cakes said on March 18, 2012 at 4:07 p.m.

Only Capcom white nights, and jealous folk will actually report people really. Casuals would just think that maybe you have to unlock them through some means or something. If it were not for the hackers, we would nor even know that these characters were on the disk, even though we would have gotten suspicious when the character "downloads" were a few Kilobites anyways. This just blew up in Capcom's face faster than they expected.

SuperStraightFighter said on March 18, 2012 at 4:08 p.m.

Hackers are tougher than that lol, thats why the person who asked that question (DLC hack) did'nt even leave his name, he is scared that hackers might come after him lol.

PropLeXed said on March 18, 2012 at 4:09 p.m.

I don't support hacking but on this occasion I'm glad they exposed what was happening. Even if they do start banning people it's not going to stop people from playing these characters offline which makes me a tiny bit annoyed, because it seems like hackers are being rewarded and everyone else gets screwed.

spotlesseden said on March 18, 2012 at 4:09 p.m.

hackers need to be punish. they should go to jail when i can't play online on psn for 3 months.

HASJ said on March 18, 2012 at 4:13 p.m.

I hope this speeds up the process of me playing with Bryan.

Super_Honda said on March 18, 2012 at 4:17 p.m.

Same sh1t, different day. Nothing new from here, people being salty as usual.

capcom449 said on March 18, 2012 at 4:18 p.m.

Capcom and Microsoft will team up to stop hackers but they wont team up to add co op on XBL......... I mean I guess.

shin_ono said on March 18, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.

wow, im sure the hackers are shivering in their boots

drez1210 said on March 18, 2012 at 4:32 p.m.

Y would u post ur hacked version online, showing ur username to world. Of course ur going to get caught. This whole situation is one Big Mess for everyone involved.

NEWkidCJ said on March 18, 2012 at 4:33 p.m.

Be careful Capcops. I don't want another Anonymous situation.

CriticalBlow said on March 18, 2012 at 4:35 p.m.

Didn't somebody call this exact s*** earlier? XBox version missing modes, both versions having sound issues, control problems, false advertising, Capcom took a week to give any kind of answer, still hasn't given a straight answer as to how they will actually fix the problem.

People start hacking their DLC, Capcom is Johnny on the Mother F###### Spot in their response, 18 hours later, on a Sunday, their spokespeople are making statements about what they're going to do to combat this hacking menace.

I hope Crapcom gets it worse than Sony did last year over this, I really really do.

d55pedal said on March 18, 2012 at 4:37 p.m.

See crapcom this wouldn't have happened had they just release the content I'd thanks hackers for letting us know their screwing us again this is my last game I think they did the online thing to let people who don't even post on here know hey guy crapcom's ripping you off agian just to let you know they should stay focused on improving their game not focusing on people who showed flaws in your game give us what we want and their will be no problems capcom that's all give us these characters alot earlier not till fall when their finished

SnakeX said on March 18, 2012 at 4:40 p.m.

Damn, there's a lot of belligerent comments here today. Buncha idiot children, the lot of you.

Solgiest said on March 18, 2012 at 4:43 p.m.

when it comes to situations like this...hackers are the good guys and Capcom are the bad guys...dude the characters and content were already on the disc?? that means they deliberately want you to pay more for an already complete game? that's like buying a chair then having to purchase the legs later...its abusing the consumer...heres how its going to work...they keep screwing the consumer...then we will find ways around it...try applying SOPA...and more hackers will be created...and again...we'll find a way..the great thing about the SFxT is this is a fresh wake up call that they cant pull this bulls***...

DumbDLC said on March 18, 2012 at 4:48 p.m.

Ha tell capcom????? I'll tell them to stop cutting content but that's it

Scorpion said on March 18, 2012 at 4:50 p.m.

TioClone said on March 18, 2012 at 4:54 p.m.

Capcom: "Hey Microsoft! Listen...you know how we made that prevaricative statement about your inability to do local 2-player online co-op with Street Fighter X Tekken?"

Microsoft: "You mean the feature that you intentionally left out which all the other games can do just fine, right?"

Capcom: "...Yes...that's correct. Listen, sorry about that. Oh...and, um, by the way, we've been exposed by some hackers that have been exploiting our DLC for the game ahead of its release."

Microsoft: "DLC? If it's already on the disc, then how is it downloadab-"

Capcom: "We could REALLY use your help! I know we hypocritically called you out on something that was really our fault, but could you BAN HAXXORS?"

I honestly don't think Microsoft should be doing Capcom any favors. Capcom not only failed to inform their consumers that they left a feature out of one of their biggest products of the year, but they shamelessly blamed Microsoft for it. They are also refusing to do anything about it. Now they suddenly want MS's cooperation to ban people who are using their precious $20 DLC that is not to be released until the fall. I think MS should just let the people with the hacked characters play online, since Capcom refuses to fix their deliberate blunder.

SnakeX said on March 18, 2012 at 4:58 p.m.

They're not doing Capcom "favors".

Hacking is illegal, regardless of how you children try to spin it.

i208khonsu said on March 18, 2012 at 5:05 p.m.

Playing game duplicates on XBox live is very easy and undetectable. All this requires is a flashed DVD drive which to this date xbox firmware is unable to detect. It's been going on for so long it probably won't ever be able to be detected. This is hardly "hacking" your xbox.

However you can jtag your Xbox, flash your Bios with XeLL, and load a custom firmware. Microsoft does have the ability to detect when these Xboxes go online and unless your using a dashboard that's only a few days old, your box will probably be insta-banned by Live. Custom firmware not only enables you to play copies, but also allows you to rewrite memory (actual hacking). Think Game Genie/ProAction Replay. Players accessing alternate costumes actually need this (not the DVD Drive flash) to access that content.

The fact that we're able to burn iso's that unlock the characters essentially means that Capcom created the disk with the full intention of modifying a file already on the disk, and selling that iso as a fully unlocked game later on in the future. After these characters are officially available to unlock through Live, there will be no way for them to tell that you are using a replicated and modified disk.

MarkHighHill said on March 18, 2012 at 5:07 p.m.

Xbox players, like me, get the shorter (very short) end of the deal.

Buy the PS3 SFxT and you get the game, 6 (?) console exclusive characters, offline/online co-op, and can later choose whether they want the DLC but don't have to get. Not to mention the frustration over online play (on the Xbox), I'm not sure how it is on the PS3

There are plenty more reasons for anyone to be mad.

But I paid just as much as PS3 users for my frustration..

samuraix025 said on March 18, 2012 at 5:10 p.m.

@ 44 you noticed it too huh?

the case says 38 characters...there 38 on the game,I still don't get how that's false advertising. if they never put them on the disc and then announced them as dlc, people would still be complaining they want them now. you just wouldn't have people hacking them.

the only things I am upset with capcom about is:

1, the favoritism towards the sony versions of the game, and

2, the lack 2 player 1 console online co-op on the 360 version, and how capcom blamed microsoft for it when the world knows other games that can do it. even Svensson called BS on that. its something I was very much looking forward to. and is where the false advertising actually lies.

if the hackers were able to hack the game to make that work then I'd support what the hackers were doing.

my only issue with "the 12" is that they won't be out before evo for no other reason than that sony wants them first. on the vita of all things.

my biggest fear is that due to the hacking situation capcom with use only online passes for its next game.

theMASman said on March 18, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.

"I'll leave this thread open for people to post pics/vids and the like and we'll bring them to MS (as we have the last three that were reported to us)."

That is probably the most amusing statement he has made this year. With jealous gamers aside...who in their right minds are gonna HELP CAPCOM find people hacking locked content on a game they already BOUGHT?! Even tho' it is pretty stupid on the hackers parts to glamorize it online, I must say that the DLC hack with this game is by far the biggest F.U. to Capcom's idiotic dlc methods. I'm shocked postings on how to hack the game aren't all over the net at this point (or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough).

I understand not releasing everything now for purchase just to keep the game fresh, but why have this huge gap from now until probably September, just to wait until the 12 characters are playable on a damn handheld that isn't played on nearly as much in comparison to a 360 or PS3? Let the Vita players wait and just start releasing them slowly in the coming weeks on 360 and PS3 since they are pretty much done anyways. The damn sound in the game isn't even up to par yet, so it's the least they could do to compensate even though we still would have to pay for it. Then after just focus on new DLC, stages or fixes in the meantime to make this game an even bigger hit with fans who enjoy it. All this unnecessary waiting and teasing is just aggravating fans who are losing faith in them anyway. They finally put a reasonable price tag on the DLC and yet they are going to make people with the game wait all the way until fall just to unlock it....retarded. -__-

MALDA said on March 18, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.

Dygengar said on March 18, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.

Smh plz I don't even own this on xbox but there's no way to ban them unless reported and like many of you said keep it in a lobby with friends as I have done on ps3 and it's not a slap in the face to use the characters because if you want something badly enough you'll find a way to get it so plz don't use that as an excuse I wasn't always a hacker I LEARNED how to do it whatever you opinion of the skill set companies will never be able to stop it I paid for the docs and it's contents so I damn well will use it to it's fullest distribution on how or of the content is another matter and THAT is illegal not the said hacking lmao

stinginghook said on March 18, 2012 at 5:18 p.m.

I don't think Microsoft cares either, but not because of a spite thing. Microsoft is guilty of being <insert Capcom remark> as well.

"Dear Cops, We didn't see anything.

Deepest Regards,
EVERYONE"

Someone call Anonymous. We need some hacktivism.

AkumaMishima said on March 18, 2012 at 5:20 p.m.

"Svensson: Yes, we're seeing news of this. Quite ballsy for folks to be taking hacked Xbox 360s on Live where they are detectable."

More or less ballsy than charging people through the nose for stuff that's locked on the disc?

Jandro83 said on March 18, 2012 at 5:22 p.m.

MS should take advantage and black mail them somehow.

yungval3 said on March 18, 2012 at 5:25 p.m.

CriticalBlow said on March 18, 2012 at 5:26 p.m.

@#56

This is all. What this person said. Period.

Hannson said on March 18, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.

Agreed x100000
Someone needs to Take Microsoft and Capcom down a notch like they did Sony

VileEighty said on March 18, 2012 at 5:34 p.m.

@55 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

umvc3 is over and done with.

... period. HEY OH!

DC2 said on March 18, 2012 at 5:37 p.m.

Capcom hiring/interviewing informants? Wow! If you snitching, put in a word about that net code and sound issue if you don't mind

irrenmann said on March 18, 2012 at 5:38 p.m.

@ yungval3: "The difference here is they aren't hacking microsoft or Cashcom servers they looked on a disc they paid for and said hellloooooo what's this? Oooohh piece of Candy. Thanks for the early gift"

That difference exists only in your head. They are stealing characters they didn't pay for. You were never promised them for free, and you were never told you had full ownership of every piece of data they'd ever created for a product by the arbitrary date you purchased the disc. In fact, the game itself and the instruction manual tell you the exact opposite.

I wish people who think like this would have the guts to admit they are crooks and/or don't have twenty dollars, rather than posting the same, totally empty arguments over and over again.

InitialR said on March 18, 2012 at 5:42 p.m.

HyperViperNZ said on March 18, 2012 at 5:43 p.m.

Thank you hackers for showing me gameplay of Elena and Lars <3

MALDA said on March 18, 2012 at 5:58 p.m.

keebler said on March 18, 2012 at 6:02 p.m.

"When Capcom rapes our wallets with unfinished products, pray for a hacker to give them a bad rep..."

Give me a break. "as a hacker" you are trying to make it sound like hackers are saviors working for the greater good. Sorry but the majority of hackers are simply selfish individuals who do not have a strong sense of ethics. If a hacker wants to break the law and get around the usage rights, go for it. All on them. But you are hardly giving Capcom a bad rep, and you aren't doing anyone a favor. Hell, even to the people that thank hackers for seeing early footage, all they are doing is simply killing hype for them far too early just like the leaked info of the Ultimate characters, forcing capcom to start showing them off.

Absolutely nothing is unfinished about this product aside from the 2 player xbox online mode. But that omission doesn't justify anything else. Many, many games have things left on the cutting room floor, from different characters, to modes, to features, etc. It happens occasionally, and it's important to make it known in an appropriate matter if it upsets you. So many crybabies in this community that have an odd sense of entitlement.

LuHawk said on March 18, 2012 at 6:03 p.m.

I aint helping Scamcom. You cow stamped capcom fangirls better not snitch before them hackers deal with you.

BlackNoob said on March 18, 2012 at 6:05 p.m.

Sucks for Marvel fans, I know a lot of players would kill for 8 more characters $15. Shame "gamers" cry about anything, even when they don't even play the games.

kalma said on March 18, 2012 at 6:06 p.m.

Championship_Edition said on March 18, 2012 at 6:08 p.m.

I got a sad chuckle out of the bit about the UMVC3X rumor. It's sadly true - if that rumor's reaction did in fact give Capcom something to think about, it's just mixed signals. Despite the fact that the community got together to have a weepy-fest over certain characters still not being in UMVC3, the moment the very possibility of DLC for the game - not a new disc based release, but affordable DLC MADE AFTER THE GAME SHIPPED - came up, half the community did nothing but launch into another circle jerk of Capcom trolling.

At this point, Capcom fans practically deserve any crap they get. They go on about being "taken advantage of" but they're the whinest fanboys on the planet, who absolutely can never be made happy, no matter what Capcom does or doesn't do.

OhYouDontSayThat said on March 18, 2012 at 6:10 p.m.

This is sheer BullSh*T. if you dont want ppl using the new characters then u shouldnt have put them on the disk and pretended like they werent there so u coud F*cking charge ppl for them later. if capcom gets ONE person banned then F*ck them we need to take counter actions to show this company that we wont put up with this BullSH*T theyve been pulling since street fighter II, which theyve even joked about themselves saying they'd never pull again. F*CK THAT THEYRE PULLING IT NOW! lesson learned capcom, the hackers are in the right here cause theyre bringing capcoms BS to the surface.

icejohn said on March 18, 2012 at 6:11 p.m.
RedWaltz79 said on March 18, 2012 at 6:14 p.m.

I'll drop the dime on any criminals I see.

Not liking the way Capcom does things is one way, thinking that stealing is a just resolution is just pure stupidity. I swear, people who think doing immoral things over idiotic things likes video games need to wake-up and step out of their mom's basement.

keebler said on March 18, 2012 at 6:24 p.m.

But they didn't wait a year or more before...

You have to remember that back in the day (throughout the 90's to early 2000's) games were in arcades first before they were ported to consoles. The arcades generally had them for at least six months or more first. Revisions and updates to the main game usually happened in the arcades, and then they would prepare the home port and sometimes give us even more console exclusive stuff.

Nowadays, most fighters go quickly to console due to the slower arcade scene. So any and all updates happen on consoles, and many times have to be purchased if it is extra content. When licensing is involved ala Marvel, you have to move even more quickly while you have the opportunity.

It's so funny that years ago, the Super Nintendo received SF2, SF2 Turbo, and Super SF2, and each were released like a year apart if that from each other. Each added four characters, and Super even slowed down the gameplay speed from Turbo lol, sort of a regression. But we were just happy to get a new game with more added, even if the games were very similar, and each one was 49.99. Nowadays, Ultimate comes with 12 new characters and updates for only 39.99, and since it comes only 9 months after the original instead of 12 months, people get mad. I just cant see why it would upset people. You basically have the true hardcore fans of the game who are happy to be still receiving extra content at all, then you have this weird vocal minority of complainers who spend way too much time on something they seem to cringe at, and then the overwhelming majority that are casual players that just want to play a fun game.

BestAlgorithm said on March 18, 2012 at 6:25 p.m.

Too bad. I hope these DLC hacker people don't have to face any consequences

keebler said on March 18, 2012 at 6:28 p.m.

Yeah, heaven forbid Capcom gets someone banned for stealing their content...

Where the heck do you people come from? "Counter actions?" Like what? And when did they say they would stop doing these updates "with a chuckle?" Just go find another game to play, good grief.

EvilRick said on March 18, 2012 at 6:28 p.m.

Good to use Capcom is fats enough to ban hackers but not fast enought to fix sound issues, infinites and game glitches.

Model_M said on March 18, 2012 at 6:29 p.m.

Capcom and Microsoft cross assaulting these goons!! :P

But seriously, this won't stop them, they know that.

samuraix025 said on March 18, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.

the people asking Anonymous to do something. ok, say they shut down xbox live and psn for a week or two, what do you get out of that? and since it was demanded by you I hope you don't think you should be "entitled" to a free month once its back up. but you will cry for it anyway. the hackers aren't doing you any favors by jumping on xbox live with these characters. like i said in my earlier post, if they found a way to make online co-op work on 360 then they will be doing something worth high five-ing

keebler said on March 18, 2012 at 6:31 p.m.

They already announced upcoming updates to fix the issues that you mentioned, including the sound issues which is not a simple fix. And yeah, of course it's easy for them to turn in some names for bans...hell, they obviously don't have time to do much searching themselves so they asked us to lol.

gammabolt17 said on March 18, 2012 at 6:36 p.m.

Dude, how is no one upset at Sony about the characters? They threw large bucks at Capcom to keep a lid on the characters for Vita, so that is why we don't have the characters. Not because Capcom is holding back on us. I mean, The PS3 is a Sony system, but they won't even let you guys have it because they need a selling point for the Vita. How about those Sony folks still making the PS3ers wait. Even though you support them, screw you, they need this Vita money. I mean, at least you guys got Mega and Pac man, though. Even better, at least you guys have local coop online.

MugenLord said on March 18, 2012 at 6:37 p.m.

Everyone is happy for what these hackers done but its the hackers that causes these companies to strict their polices and practices even more, don't be surprise that Capcom and other companies come up with some more bullsh!t practices that you guys will complain about.

Zombie4u said on March 18, 2012 at 6:59 p.m.

"Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous!" (Trying the Beetlejuice thing.)

dodavedal said on March 18, 2012 at 7:09 p.m.

crapcops need action!

for_me_it_was_tuesday said on March 18, 2012 at 7:12 p.m.

WHY YOU MAD CAPCOPS
you have no shame left anyways, got caught red handed lying and now trying to act like the hackers are the bad guys

Ew0k187 said on March 18, 2012 at 7:19 p.m.

how can capcom accuse you of stealing something you already own

the characters were on the cd

DoubleShoryukenATK said on March 18, 2012 at 7:21 p.m.

Great now the Capcom fanf*cks are trying to ruin things for the people who already own the content and can actually use it.

Theres no reason to contemplate banning people who are playing with what they bought, just like companies have no reasons banning people who bought a game that broke street date. Its less about piracy and more about legitimate possession.

If anything maybe Sony and Microsoft are right to ban pirates, but people who actually bought the game that are spot lighting Svensson's practices, deserve to keep whats theirs.

Capcoms fanboys officially sicken me. These characters aren't even broken. They actually work. If your so jealous fanboys, get mod your Xbox and go hack a copy of DLC X Tekken.

KlassifiedENT said on March 18, 2012 at 7:24 p.m.

I don't know why some people are mad at the hackers saying they should be banned and locked up. it's their game. They paid $60 for it. If it's on the disk, than that's capcoms fault for trying to lock stuff on a disk that we can buy right out the store. It's not like their downloading the game itself. Nobody's gonna snitch on them. Their probably asking how they did it. I know I would. It's on the disk. Why not?

RandomJohn said on March 18, 2012 at 7:37 p.m.

I don't understand how banning people from Xbox Live will prevent anymore hackings. Can't you easily create a dummy account and play on it until you get caught and not risk the account with everything in it?

dietsunkists2 said on March 18, 2012 at 7:42 p.m.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 18, 2012 at 7:44 p.m.

Lmao such idiotic radical comments.. seriously lol people on their monitors attempting to act rebellious for a righteous cause they believe is right lol.. people its a VIDEOGAME and people want hacking groups to teach corporations a lesson believing they will benefit at that lol. I pity this generation

Quezacoatl said on March 18, 2012 at 7:45 p.m.

Do you REALLY think that hackers BUY their games? REALLY? Then you're as naive as one can be.

XBL =/= PSN. Your system gets banned, not only your account.

hozukimaru said on March 18, 2012 at 7:58 p.m.

Lol at idiots who think"I bought the disc,I own the contents on it"well the truth is;you only own the right to play and trade the disc,not the actual game files,data,img,sound,or anything else.There is no reason to be up in arms about dlc being on disc,it's like complaining about cheat codes on a old,Snes game in the 90's,or when we used game-genie to unlock hidden things in the 80's on nes.

kakashiisagod said on March 18, 2012 at 8:02 p.m.

Personally im cool with people hacking their own stuff. Playing on a private network and such. These guys, whether they intended to or not, started some much needed conversion regarding on disc DLC. However its messed up an in my opinion unfair when I play a ranked match against a character that I have little to no access to practice setups against. Or costumes that may distract me because I can't buy them. It throws off my focus.

Aluppoj said on March 18, 2012 at 8:23 p.m.

They deserve your pity. They are absolutely pathetic. I hope none of these a$$holes get summoned for Jury Duty.

Some poor innocent dude would go to the chair.

bmomosaik said on March 18, 2012 at 8:53 p.m.

what a joke...
they get caught with there pants down and they try and turn it around and say its bad for people to hack there games?
they paid for the game they can do whatever they want to it.

and Microsoft could care less; if they cared at all they would have auto-bans for hacked xbox's not like they cant tell when they are hacked...

FlynnChop said on March 18, 2012 at 8:58 p.m.

I'm 29 years old, and I've never seen such a massive explosion of furious ignorance on the internet.

Vandal_Vortex said on March 18, 2012 at 9:01 p.m.

some really foolish people in here lool you didn't buy the disc, you bought what was advertised which was the things shown by capcom before the games release (no dlc involved in there advertisement), the disc is just the packaging. If you actually thought you bought a disc then you shouldn't even have expected the disc to have anything on it.

Load more comments