Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • March 7, 2012 at 12:13 p.m. PST
Tekken X Street Fighter character polls will not determine final roster, will be point of reference for team Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada recently stated over Twitter that the results from the Tekken X Street Fighter character polls will not guarantee a spot in Namco's version of the upcoming cross over fighter.

According to Harada, there were some recent false reports claiming that this character poll would decide which characters showed up in the game.

Here's a bit of Harada's post.

The outcome of this poll is not guaranteed to directly determine which characters will be implemented in the game. It is one source of reference which the Tekken development team will use in deciding the character lineup.

There were some false reports previously stating that this poll will decide which characters will appear in-game, but that is incorrect.

A favorable outcome for a certain character in the poll doesn’t guarantee a place in the game. It may also be the case that a character that don’t show strong results in the poll will possibly be implemented in the game. Various other marketing research methods, in various regions, will be used in conjunction with this poll to help determine the character lineup. Please keep this in mind when participating in this poll.

Check out the full post here.

Comments

DunnDeal said on March 7, 2012 at 12:16 p.m.

This is pretty understandable. Im pretty sure a character like Ryu, Ken, or Guile would still be in the game even if they only had like a 3% vote. Some characters are the trademark of the game

alfarin said on March 7, 2012 at 12:19 p.m.

He did confirm this a while ago - It's more for research, on a "Who's popular" scale of things

vashthenoob said on March 7, 2012 at 12:20 p.m.

I thought this was kind of obvious though. But Anyways, dont forget to vote for Necro :p

MALDA said on March 7, 2012 at 12:24 p.m.

roknin said on March 7, 2012 at 12:26 p.m.

This should be pretty common knowle--

* remembers the fiasco with the Capcom Unity polls for MvC3 *

Never mind, it's a good thing he made this statement. Carry on.

Oroku_Saki said on March 7, 2012 at 12:26 p.m.

I hope T x SF turns out as fun or even more fun than Sf x T is. Having Karin and Captain Sawada too, will be nice. Anyway, here's to hoping that Harada and Namco develop a fun game.

MALDA said on March 7, 2012 at 12:29 p.m.

malikae said on March 7, 2012 at 12:30 p.m.

I'm fairly sure that the big characters like the Mishimas are going to be in it for sure, so I pretty must just voted for 5 characters that aren't so obvious like Steve or Rolento.

CapnDaccat said on March 7, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.

Mishimas vs. Hibikis, make it happen.

xCDUBx said on March 7, 2012 at 12:38 p.m.

Tekken sucks to me but im still gonna try it out.

ItsMahveIBaby said on March 7, 2012 at 12:40 p.m.

Time to bring back Charlie guys.

Endgame said on March 7, 2012 at 12:42 p.m.

It they add Sawada, I wonder how they would make him.

Such an obscure character.

jimk23 said on March 7, 2012 at 12:43 p.m.

Yes, let's vote for some characters that haven't appeared in done time. I voted for Geki, Mika, Karin.
And for Gouken and el fuerte, because they are pretty new and i'm sure Gouken would be a beast in the tekken engine.

Yungin_BLU said on March 7, 2012 at 12:46 p.m.

I think I'll just give up on Q right now then. v_v

streetfighter_x_tekken said on March 7, 2012 at 12:56 p.m.

I don't know why anyone would believe that the final roster will the one voted!
They already started working on characters.

BlankaBeast said on March 7, 2012 at 12:57 p.m.

MMX, Venom and Gambit.

Oh Wait..

:P

47drift said on March 7, 2012 at 1 p.m.

"Characters that I dislike don't deserve to be in a game."

SsjBizzle said on March 7, 2012 at 1:02 p.m.

Well one things for sure. We won't get a 80% finished game, with 12 characters held back for more money and audio problems/lazy 360 netcoding :D

OH IM JUST KIDDING. But yea, understandable of course.

Gattsu said on March 7, 2012 at 1:05 p.m.

You don't vote for characters that can't be cut from the game,like (Ryu,Ken,Guile.Kazuya,Jin,Nina.) That's just stupid.

Quakeulf said on March 7, 2012 at 1:22 p.m.

Sawada got my vote.

If you say A you have to say B, so put him in the game, Namuko. :3

RedWaltz79 said on March 7, 2012 at 1:25 p.m.

I voted for Sawada also. I like Sawada because he would basically be a new character that would give Namco a lot of room on design, since his only appearance was in a horrible video game. The idea of Sawada isn't a bad one.

I also voted for Hakan. I really loved his character design and just wished they would have buffed him a bit more in SSFIV to make him more competitive.

Invader_Darko said on March 7, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.

R. Mika

MALDA said on March 7, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 7, 2012 at 1:59 p.m.

@25 I can agree on most those picks love me some Alex oro

Getdownbrown83 said on March 7, 2012 at 2:02 p.m.

@20 that post is 100% fact voting for those charctets is a ware of a vote honestly they are a shoe in

Aluppoj said on March 7, 2012 at 2:02 p.m.

Let's get somthing straight: Sawada, as he is currently is Fu<king lame!!!

But......

Because Sawada is barely a character, he may basically become a NEW character. And that might be ok. But I wouldn't vote for him lol. Don't want to lose my self respect lol.

Malcopunch said on March 7, 2012 at 2:09 p.m.

Q is hopefully going to be on this game

Sakura said on March 7, 2012 at 2:22 p.m.

Karin and Jun are destroying the competition...

Reality said on March 7, 2012 at 2:24 p.m.

DunnDeal said on March 7, 2012 at 2:31 p.m.

@31 LMFAO. I cant breathe im laughing so hard!

SpadeHand said on March 7, 2012 at 2:35 p.m.

I just saw that Q has like 15 friggin' percent of the Street Fighter votes, and my day was MADE. Come on, Robo--Rorschach-Frankenstein!

surrender said on March 7, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

One of my votes went to Juni. I think they could re-imagine her and make her VERY interesting/deadly.

aridarron said on March 7, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.

I wonder why there's no DD and Rook from Capcom fighting all-stars in the poll, they were made before the game got cancelled.

NyuBomber said on March 7, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

The only characters (who isn't already a shoe-in to get in) I would be displeased seeing their inclusion pass would be Ingrid and R. Mika.

Sorry to their fans, but I don't like 'em. :<

GO JOE FROM SF1!

kara said on March 7, 2012 at 4:38 p.m.

Neoxon said on March 7, 2012 at 5:13 p.m.

Still need to get around placing my vote.

Though I'll be completely honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Karin. I don't hate her, but I'm not obsessed with her like many of you. If Namco can get past all the legal crap she's in, good for them. Otherwise, I wouldn't count on her getting in.

And MALDA, I main Phoenix Wright & do quite well with him, & Rocket Raccoon won Final Round XV. Problem?

HyperViperNZ said on March 7, 2012 at 5:33 p.m.

Viper and Zafina!

Spacecacti said on March 7, 2012 at 5:43 p.m.

Holy crap, this once I agree with MALDA, Sawada just should not be in

Neoxon said on March 7, 2012 at 6:12 p.m.

Though I disagree with MALDA's Phoenix Wright & Rocket Raccoon comment greatly (see my #38 comment for why), I'm not so sure Sawada should be in this.

HooliganComboFTW said on March 7, 2012 at 6:50 p.m.

Sawada would be interesting to be in since he can literally feel fresh and new character and obviously not a copy and paste like how a crap load of people complained. we don't even know the roster size so chill in all honesty it will be "my fav characters deserve to be in and the rest i don't care and/or waste of space"

GodPride said on March 7, 2012 at 7:16 p.m.

With Ryu in mind, I hope they don't mess up TKxSF by trying to acommodate the range game. That would piss off both fanbase.

They should focus on characters that are built to get in; Chun-Li, Cammy, Cody, Sakura, Karin, Ibuki, Makoto, Alex, Yang, Juri, etc. None of these characters depend on the range game so any changes won't be too significant.

GodPride said on March 7, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.

Sawada would be a waste of space if he were to replace an established character. And I emphasize 'replace' because realistically not every character will make the cut.

And there aren't any existing SF characters on the TK engine for you to be using that as a point.

renyoryu said on March 7, 2012 at 10:49 p.m.

what a waste of time

Doplghost said on March 8, 2012 at 12:03 a.m.

If thy bring Dr B back I would cry tears of Joy.

and Hakan would so work in tekken. he has the movement of a slippery fish, that alone could be top tier.

halo said on March 8, 2012 at 2:22 a.m.

Basically this is EXACTLY what Capcom did for SF IV. Harada and his time though seem really lazy to me, they just want to hear from other what will work (sell). I say listen to the fans but also take some risks and give us something special

BeatNinja said on March 8, 2012 at 2:45 a.m.

#18 *claps* You beat me to it damn it. I was going to say the same thing....

BeatNinja said on March 8, 2012 at 2:51 a.m.

I think they'll pick characters who would fit well in a 3D space and fit the Tekken style, like elena or hakan, so they don't have to butcher other characters just so THEY can work well. We might even see some EX characters. WHO KNOWS. The possibilities are endless with this game since the SF cast will be unlike anything Tekken will ever see.

NM_Flamez said on March 8, 2012 at 3:14 a.m.

I would like to see Vega remained in the Tekken universe. They can give him Raven-style teleports to compensate for the lack of wall dives. His Ki would be rose petals of course abit like Mojukin of Tekken 5.

Balrog would be Tekken perfectly too.

Grevier said on March 8, 2012 at 3:28 a.m.

Street Fighter Poll is like Pedobear Manipolized it, you're voting Girls because you want to play them or because you want to fap on them ?

I dont need the answer...

Grubba said on March 8, 2012 at 8:06 a.m.

i know a few people who voted go hibiki, karin and mika "for the lulz" despite not caring or not liking these chars. You guys really shouldnt take this pool that seriously, not even namco is, they just wanna build hype

Celticlord said on March 8, 2012 at 10:03 a.m.

GO HIBIKI HERE WE GO!

Necroll said on March 10, 2012 at 10:38 p.m.

This should've been pretty obvious. I'm only counting on maybe the top 3 from each group being guarantees. People have been wanting to see Karin and Jun again for while, and while I know Jun will be in TTT2, it'd still be smart for Namco to put them in.

I do like that they're doing this, but it does scare me when they say that those with low scores may make it in. If anyone from the bottom row makes it in, then it'll look like they're not paying attention to the fans at all...even though I personally think it sucks that Dee Jay, Raven, M. Law, and El Fuerte are so low.

I'm loving that Charlie is over Guile in the polls though. I HATE Guile, but Charlie (or even Remy) would be a much more stylish alternative and would probably fit in with the 3D Tekken cast better. I really hope Charlie will replace Guile.

Characters like Jin, Ryu, Kazuya, and Akuma are givens no matter what.