Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • March 6, 2012 at 8:07 a.m. PST
Capcom aware of sound issue with Street Fighter X Tekken when playing online, Darkstalkers mention A number of people have reported sound issues when playing Street Fighter X Tekken online. Capcom's Yoshinori Ono jumped in on Twitter to explain what's going on and let fans know they're aware of the problem. It also appears they're working on a fix, but it's hard to be sure because of Yoshinori's broken English.

Also, he briefly responds to the Darkstalkers 4 rumor that has been floating around.

Hey, is a patch coming for broken sound in Street Fighter X Tekken? Match sound is broke. — Jollygreen21

Ono: It mean is while online match? It has reason that between you and match person had network lag. This time net code [has] changed from Street Fighter 4.

Thanks for this game, but we want a patch for the sound of online. — Bomsaman

Ono: We'll be effort. That reason, you had lag to match person.

We know Darkstalkers is coming. — Jermaine611

Ono: re,really!?

Comments

SnakeX said on March 6, 2012 at 8:10 a.m.

Glad that Ono acknowledged the issue. Hopefully this means that they're working on a fix already.

XxRagingxDemonxX said on March 6, 2012 at 8:13 a.m.

lol technically what he said doesn't mean there is going to be a patch. Only the "We'll be effort." part indicates a patch. Everything else says its just a complete lag issue. Also that it has been changed. I hope he doesn't mean that they replaced the gameplay lag for sound lag lol. Can they just take out all of the lag??

Soriphen said on March 6, 2012 at 8:13 a.m.

k I lolled at Jermaine's comment "We know Darkstalkers is coming."

CAN'T RUN AWAY NOW, ONO.

Squid_Biskets said on March 6, 2012 at 8:15 a.m.

AstroZombie said on March 6, 2012 at 8:16 a.m.

Great now every single SFxT post is going to have someone crying about the DLC. Wah Wah Wah, get over it already.

NyuBomber said on March 6, 2012 at 8:18 a.m.

Translation: "We are aware of the issue. It has come up due to the way the new netcode for SFxT handles data. We are looking into a fix.

Re: Darkstalkers - That's nice, you must feel really special having deduced that, Sherlock."

Playful sarcasm mine.

WinstonChurchill said on March 6, 2012 at 8:19 a.m.

Waaaaaah he stole my chicken waaaaahhhhhh

jhayze said on March 6, 2012 at 8:21 a.m.

its not just the sound that is broken online, so much lag and input delay online, there is even an occurrence when the game go fast and slow online, its not just me but also from all of my friends who were playing it online on psn and xlive experience this, hope they fix the net code asap!

Getdownbrown83 said on March 6, 2012 at 8:25 a.m.

I don't play online but I'm sure it will be fixed asap but I have to say as someone who plays tekken and sf this game really does a great job of meshing the 2 fighters together and there are gonna be some wild combos in the future I'm loving this game

Darkstalker bring it ono

MALDA said on March 6, 2012 at 8:28 a.m.

Tankverso said on March 6, 2012 at 8:28 a.m.

@6 pull your pants up bro

Beshoul said on March 6, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.

"Can we get some information on the 2 player couch co-op missing from the xbox version?"

Same here!

Semser said on March 6, 2012 at 8:29 a.m.
DoubleShoryukenATK said on March 6, 2012 at 8:33 a.m.

IM just going to wait for HYPER or MEGA DarkStalkers 4! Its bound to happen. On disc DLC of Morrigan, THE MAIN CHARACTER and this stupidness will repeat itself again and then the fanboys buying day 1 DLC NOT free, will ruin it for all the fans......

Celticlord said on March 6, 2012 at 8:33 a.m.

lol @16

Squid_Biskets said on March 6, 2012 at 8:36 a.m.

Same here!"

This to me is the biggest problem with the game right now.

RedRapperSux said on March 6, 2012 at 8:37 a.m.

I hope Dark Stalkers is coming. I feel like that game would be a breath of fresh air. Capcom will find a way to make me mad yet take money at the same time though. That cycle shall continue.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 6, 2012 at 8:44 a.m.

@12 funny you say it a more technical game cuz I own it and there is alot more going on than abc combos

SnakeX said on March 6, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.

@5, 15, 19

Guys, it's not missing. Unless you guys are referring to a different issue, all you have to do is press start on the second controller after picking the first character with the first controller and it'll let the second person play.

maxs2d2ace said on March 6, 2012 at 8:46 a.m.

Its funny i was soo HYPE for a darkstalkers4 game but now........................................STAY THE FK AWAY FROM MY FAVORITE GAME FRANCHISE. I dont want to see any DLC BS or stupid pointless gimmicks. plus he probably wouldnt even make it dark. dont get wrong, i will always love ono for giving me my yun in A.E but i dont trust capcom as far as i can P!$$ on them.

Celticlord said on March 6, 2012 at 8:52 a.m.

@12 This is just as technical (if not more so) than SSFIV:AE. We have chains and links, charge moves that allow you to do a free super or a counter hit or just use it to make normals safer. We have tag combos, a complex juggle system and a tonne of characters all with different cross arts and supers. It also has pandora mode and the cross assault. all SSF4 has different is focus attack and the unanimously disliked Ultras.

mcfizzle said on March 6, 2012 at 8:54 a.m.

@24 Speak for yourself on the ultras.

KreativeMente said on March 6, 2012 at 8:55 a.m.

People are so angry lol

Big_Mac said on March 6, 2012 at 8:57 a.m.

#24 Wow, SF4 doesn't have anything but focus attacks and ultras? I can't imagine you're very good at that game.

Squid_Biskets said on March 6, 2012 at 8:57 a.m.

The option doesn't come up for a second person to press start. It's only on the xbox 360 version that it doesn't work. The PS3 version 2 player couch co-op online works.

MALDA said on March 6, 2012 at 9:01 a.m.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 6, 2012 at 9:01 a.m.

I definetly won't diss SSFAE 12 but saying that SFXT isn't technical is a joke people will see after some time goes by

Celticlord said on March 6, 2012 at 9:01 a.m.

@25 I've heard on eventhubs many times that these "comeback mechanics" are a "bad thing" personally I find them useful in the metagame by making your opponent fear you therefore back off the assault a tad.

also @27 I'm not saying that SF4 isn't complex, it is. I'm just saying that most of the combo links and features on SF4 are transposed onto SFxTK therefore SFxTK is just as technical and not a "party game" as #12 said.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 6, 2012 at 9:04 a.m.

It has party elements yes but this game is for real

Celticlord said on March 6, 2012 at 9:04 a.m.

@29 there is a huge emphasis on links, just look at the damage difference between link and chain combos. and the damage scaling is pretty good in SFxTK, not allowing you to do more than 50% for most of the cast with 3 bars.

And how is it "easy mode" compared to ssf4 ? execution alone doesn't make a player win tournaments

Jedda678 said on March 6, 2012 at 9:06 a.m.

I have an idea...those who HATE SFxT just stop coming to threads about it and just not buy it. Next those who want to keep complaining about DLC not being in the game day 1 (omg no dlc day 1!?) go to the forums and QQ there. Those actually discussing the issues with the sound lag keep discussing it here until this thread dies or an update is added to the situation on the main news thread.

Getdownbrown83 said on March 6, 2012 at 9:09 a.m.

There are 1 frame links in this game too I'm pretty sure And simplifies inputs how hard is it to do any moves anyway lol that doesn't affect anyone playing the game that's been apart of it for awhile and all the games are coming out with simpler imputs

Celticlord said on March 6, 2012 at 9:11 a.m.

@36 I'm sure I read on an interview a few months back that the auto-correct system in SF4 is non-existent in SFxTK but they did simplify a few inputs

breveglieri said on March 6, 2012 at 9:11 a.m.

On an alternate reality, where at least 50% of the readers here ARE NOT plain stupid, this might have occurred.

Beardfish said on March 6, 2012 at 9:14 a.m.

We'll be effort. We'll be very very effort.

antisimagenius said on March 6, 2012 at 9:34 a.m.

first major tournament will happen and people will hop on the bandwagon...i like this game but this sound issue sucks >.<

DunnDeal said on March 6, 2012 at 9:43 a.m.

Don't care about the characters right now. Just give me more colors for customization. Why are they holding back on colors? It's not like the customization is that good anyway.

KreativeMente said on March 6, 2012 at 10:31 a.m.

Oops wrong post -__-

jimk23 said on March 6, 2012 at 10:42 a.m.

I think ono means that if the connection between you and the other person is not very good, the game takes away the sounds to minimize the lag.

OSM said on March 6, 2012 at 10:50 a.m.

Sounds like a patch is coming for the online.

lol'd at the Darkstalkers comment, maybe we'll hear more at Captivate or EVO.

Teags said on March 6, 2012 at 11:21 a.m.

The sound issue is terrible.

Ice9 said on March 6, 2012 at 12:01 p.m.

Capcom's getting a little....desperate?

I've been trying to filter out all SFXT related stuff, but this got EHUBS entry through the filter because I'm interested in darkstalkers news...
...but I'm starting to feel annoyed by Capcom's obvious attempts to 'infiltrate' the fanbase?

SnakeX said on March 6, 2012 at 12:22 p.m.

Right, because if someone is trolling multiple sites then OBVIOUSLY it must mean he's a Capcom spy. Good detective skills there Sherlock. /sarcasm

Batsu said on March 6, 2012 at 12:36 p.m.

Capcom's just trolling again. Instead of announcing DS4, they'll just announce Capcom VS Keebler.

kara said on March 6, 2012 at 1:39 p.m.

Creeper5150 said on March 6, 2012 at 2:06 p.m.

"Street Fighter X Tekken" Isn't a party game, at all. It has massive potential, true in the fact that right now it is completely new. Therefore we as players do not know exactly the lengths of this fighting engine, yet. Where "Super Street fighter 4" is by now a very well discovered fighter. So at this point in time, SSF4 would take a lot more skill for someone to be considered "A good" player online. My two cents.

Peas4Lunch said on March 6, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.

Wow, i didn't think the sound thing would bother me, but it REALLY DOES! Lets just stay on topic and hope this means a patch very very soon.

FutureRyan said on March 6, 2012 at 2:59 p.m.

Who cares sbou darkstalkers? Generic as hell

FutureRyan said on March 6, 2012 at 3 p.m.

*about

hazelnut1112 said on March 6, 2012 at 3:16 p.m.

I like that post.

"we know Ono, we know"

drez1210 said on March 6, 2012 at 6:57 p.m.

I hope they make a troll character for the new Darkstalkers :P

Inmortal2k10 said on March 6, 2012 at 7:56 p.m.

this game has some serious lag problems, i dont have any issue with Super street fighter 4 arcade edition. :(

Ex_Ein said on March 6, 2012 at 9:06 p.m.

I want a picutre of ono surpised with that "re,really?"

Whengameswerefun said on March 6, 2012 at 10:36 p.m.

lol I use to care so much in the past when i was younger about a game becoming simple but as time goes by and things in life matter way more then if a game is not balls deep hard lol try doing ten 1 handed push ups and then you will impress me then I know your in shape these games are here to entertain and if games evolution makes them easier then so be it.

Ethredis said on March 7, 2012 at 3:55 a.m.

So the irony is despite all the hate on its netcode, SFIV was the last Capcom game to be decent online ?

Profund sadness.

Peas4Lunch said on March 8, 2012 at 11:38 a.m.

Most matches i have lag through the intros then are completely solid through the fight. But the sound issue is the pits. Every now and then its a lagg tastic match.