Posted by SFilp
June 14, 2012 at 1:03 p.m. PDT
Tekken X Street Fighter and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 news to be announced at the Japan Expo July 6 - 8 According to the Japan Expo website, Katsuhiro Harada will be a guest speaker on the video game stage at the event and will be bringing us news about both Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken X Street Fighter.

The Japan Expo is on July 5th - 8th, currently there is no specific time that Harada will be speaking.

Earlier this year it was noted that Tekken X Street Fighter was almost 10% complete, it will have 4 and 6 button layouts, and the team working on the game is using the character poll as a point of reference to decide the character lineup.

Tip sent in by SJFox.

Comments

Oroku_Saki said on June 14, 2012 at 1:07 p.m.

I'm ready for some Tekken X SF and TTT2 console version.

SnakeX said on June 14, 2012 at 1:14 p.m.

Given that TxSF is only so far into development, I expect we'd only see a cinematic trailer or something simple.

Rising_Jaguar said on June 14, 2012 at 1:24 p.m.

a cinematic trailer?!~ im down for that!!!
come at me, tekken X street fighter!!!

R4HU1 said on June 14, 2012 at 1:26 p.m.

Back when Capcom and SNK had a similar deal, Capcom did well with CVS, and SNK failed with Chaos.

Does anybody think it'll be the opposite? Where Namco will prevail and I mean... SFxT is bad.

I know it's still 3D vs 2D but I just really hate SFxT and I'm really hoping TxSF is good.

gtfopanda said on June 14, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.

@ #5

You cannot possibly fail harder than SFxT, especially considering you're coming out later and you know how badly it was received (for obvious reasons).

R4HU1 said on June 14, 2012 at 1:48 p.m.

Good point.

nZiFFLe said on June 14, 2012 at 1:59 p.m.

i wonder if txsf will follow the same pandora storyline as sfxt. not sure if it has been mentioned already.

BumblebeeCody said on June 14, 2012 at 1:59 p.m.

@gtfopanda (#5)
Namco take their time though. Still a bit dissapointed I heard nothing form it at E3, but with this new announcement, now I have something to look forward to. Anything would be good; as long as it's not a teaser trailer.

ceejay3232 said on June 14, 2012 at 2:11 p.m.

Nice!
been waiting for some news about TXSF..
heres to hoping that Alex makes it in, cuz we all know its long overdue ha

LeonMarvel said on June 14, 2012 at 2:22 p.m.

Yess saturate me! I want moar!

LuckyFighter said on June 14, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.

@7 I doubt it. I think it's going to make like Tekken-type story line.

Nago said on June 14, 2012 at 2:33 p.m.

Anything other than a CG trailer and I'll be happy.

lorcraven said on June 14, 2012 at 3:06 p.m.

well so long as namco can resist the urge to insult and cheat their entire fan base, then TXSF will be better than SFXT

kakashiisagod said on June 14, 2012 at 3:08 p.m.

CG trailer is cool with me. Im excited to hear more about this game, I wonder if they will show anything at Comic-con. I doubt it will be playable though unfortunately.

DunnDeal said on June 14, 2012 at 3:18 p.m.

I mean at least have 2 street fighter characters playable at Comic Con. I know the game is still in early development but are 2 characters too much to ask for? I'm so hyped for this game so even just a cinematic trailer of the game will make me happy.

Devils13th said on June 14, 2012 at 3:40 p.m.

4 to 6 button layouts...now thats interesting, are they having it character specific, like sf characters having 6 while tekken retains 4, or will it up to the player ?

Also...will there be a 5 button layout ಠ_ಠ ?!?!

Kalyx_triaD said on June 14, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

Yes it is too much to ask for. If they have only two characters to show this wretched community will piss on that offering.

ArcadeRobot said on June 14, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

This is the BEST news I've heard all day ^_^

ozzie13rule said on June 14, 2012 at 3:46 p.m.

Blow us away Harada-san

ArcadeRobot said on June 14, 2012 at 3:47 p.m.

@ #7 I believe it will follow / continue the Pandora storline! I also think one of the main characters in TKxSF will be Ingrid!! #MarkMyWords

gtfopanda said on June 14, 2012 at 4:01 p.m.

@ #8

Yeah, can't wait to see more, SF characters in Namco-style 3D will be mind-blowing.

Not sure I like the double buttons layout though.

Kalyx_triaD said on June 14, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

It would be interesting that the games share the Pandora storyline, but the teams aren't working together for these games. Namco didn't have anything to do with SFxT and Capcom doesn't help with TxSF.

Also, the Pandora storyline seeped into gameplay in the form of Pandora mode, which TxSF will not have.

I expect a different story.

And yeah, no reason to have a 6-button layout. Introduce SF players to the world of Tekken and try not to coddle them too much.

EDGEucator said on June 14, 2012 at 4:10 p.m.

Let's Go Namco.
Don't drop the ball please.

DemonDethchase said on June 14, 2012 at 4:23 p.m.

I look forward to some news on TKxSF whether its a few simple screen shoots or a cinematic trailer.

ArcadeRobot said on June 14, 2012 at 4:24 p.m.

I know a lot of people hate ob SFxTK but I still think it was a brilliant concept! Personally, I've been playing Street Fighter since the orginal part 2 and Tekken since part 3 at the arcades so it's a dream come true for me to see these two franchises come together from the persective of both Capcom and Namco!!

ArcadeRobot said on June 14, 2012 at 4:31 p.m.

But just to be clear I'm definitley looking way more foward to Namco's version TEKKEN x Street Fighter and like preciously stated by other gamers I'm dying to see SF characters w/ TK graphics and playstyle <3

shin_ono said on June 14, 2012 at 4:35 p.m.

hopefully txsf is a serious game ant not trying to lure in random noobs

Vandal_Vortex said on June 14, 2012 at 4:43 p.m.

I can only pray that Alex and Birdie are in this.

genocideSX said on June 14, 2012 at 5:11 p.m.

finally :D

streetfighterjoe said on June 14, 2012 at 5:39 p.m.

TEKKEN X STREET FIGHTER EX3-2 ewwwwww yukk

fogopop said on June 14, 2012 at 6:44 p.m.

They shouldn't ask people who they should add to the roster. People are stupid and will ask for Evil Ryu, Oni, and other slightly different versions of characters who will obviously be on the roster.

HooliganComboFTW said on June 14, 2012 at 11:15 p.m.

TxSF was confirmed not to have the 2 vs 2 format sfxt was doing as well

Kaiyuss said on June 15, 2012 at 5:40 a.m.

Even if it's a huge-stretch of the imagination, I would NOT be surprised if TxSF has over 100 characters. Namco likes dat huge roster, and it'd be a huge turd all over Capcom.

xShonuffx said on June 15, 2012 at 6:04 a.m.

@4 and 5

I think you guys and many others oversell SFxT short comings way too much. it is not a bad game. They just had a rough start.

Lordd_G said on June 15, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.

Bring on TxSF, because I literally packed away SFxT last night... it's gonna go on time out indefinitely until it learns to play nice.

htownboss23 said on June 15, 2012 at 10:04 a.m.

OMG shut up about sf x tk the game is good but tk x sf should be a throwed game

danistheman said on June 15, 2012 at 1:03 p.m.

God I can't wait to see TxSF, they are going to slap Capcom with it right in the face. I only ask that Alex is in it.
@33, I don't even think any fighter has come close to that amount, right?

De_Reyman said on June 15, 2012 at 1:55 p.m.

Just put the following characters in... at least!

TEKKEN:
Ling Xiaoyu
Julia Chang

STREET FIGHTER:
Juri
Sakura

ShinsokuHitokiri said on June 18, 2012 at 7:11 p.m.

My ideal Rooster for TxSF:

27)Steve
28)King
29)Armor King
30)Marduk

Guest Characters:

1)Megaman X
2)KOS-MOS (Xenosaga & Namco X Capcom)
3)Arisu Reiji (Namco X Capcom)
4)Saya (Namco X Capcom)
5)Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom)

Normal_DarkHero said on June 25, 2012 at 5:11 a.m.

i hope the characters model doesn't look weird

but can't wait for both games (TTT2 & TXSF)