Atlus responds to Xbox 360 lag issue with Persona 4: Arena, investigating cause

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • July 27, 2012 at 9:22 a.m. PDT
Atlus responds to Xbox 360 lag issue with Persona 4: Arena, investigating cause Atlus acknowledge the lag issue with Persona 4: Arena on the Xbox 360 which was reported the other day. They apologized for the problems and said they're currently looking into the cause, and that fixing it will take time.

Until it's resolved, they suggested using these settings as a temporary fix when playing online with the Xbox 360.

1. Custom Match
2. Same Area Only
3. Good Connection Only

Beast Note stated that Kubo tried these settings, and they didn't seem to help. The Persona 4: Arena blog noted they will have a follow up report, and asked users to be patient.

Source: Persona 4: Arena blog, via Beast Note and AndriaSang. Tip from gtfopanda.

Comments

Ittouryoudan said on July 27, 2012 at 9:26 a.m.

It's times like this where I wish I played on PS3.

Always had the incentive to do so.. Never followed through with it.

Oh well, Patience.

Chris0419 said on July 27, 2012 at 9:27 a.m.

Just give it time. They will patch is soon enough and it will be the good old Arc System Works netcode.

maxs2d2ace said on July 27, 2012 at 9:35 a.m.

1. Custom Match
2. Same Area Only
3. Good Connection Only

lmao NO @@@@ Atlus

Ittouryoudan said on July 27, 2012 at 9:38 a.m.

@3: I remember when Vanilla MVC3 came out and it was hard to get games you had to put the ranked match to like.. Any Rank with Any area? I can't remember but you had to do something.

We'll have to see how it works in the states. I just hope it's patched before it comes out in the states or at least a week or two after. If not I'll cry and wait because that's all I can do that's reasonable.

BurningVigor said on July 27, 2012 at 9:42 a.m.

Too many things about this game that signals unappealing.

I'll pass on this, it's a fighting game that will probably die off when GG comes out on xbox live / psn.

DunnDeal said on July 27, 2012 at 9:57 a.m.

What #5 said

Plus i stay is training mode for at least 2 weeks before I play online. If i do play online during that 2 weeks period of none stop training, its usually with a friend and all of us are in the MidWest area.

Teapo said on July 27, 2012 at 10:09 a.m.

Newsflash: Game comes out with bad online (even though people complain about all online play in all games because offline is always better) and has work done to fix immediately. Riot in the streets

I'm seriously having trouble thinking of a single game that hasn't improved it's online play in at least a month after it's release. Keep in mind even after that first month people will still be playing like a spaz. First month online REALLY shouldn't make or break a fighter. I never thought people would be upset a company is taking responsibility for a problem before you even got your hands on a game.

BumblebeeCody said on July 27, 2012 at 10:22 a.m.

@Teapo (#7)
Yeah but Capcom get a free pass because...it's Capcom.
MvC3 online is still pretty poor. That constantly slight button delay isn't even worth playing online. Tekken 6 had crap online and they fixed it.

ZenTzen said on July 27, 2012 at 10:34 a.m.

This is similar to what happened when BBCT was released, in the first couple weeks it had pretty bad online but then it turned awesome, maybe a similar situation will happen with this game

Ittouryoudan said on July 27, 2012 at 10:38 a.m.

One can hope. If not I'll pick it up for the PS3 but I have faith in Atlus and Arc System, The netcode for BB was awesome.

BUYACUSHUN said on July 27, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.

Can we have some kinda reasonable, minimum guideline to criticizing and praising a Fighting game company. Cause all these double standards is hard to keep track of. -_-

This is good for me as i can justify missing out on this game now (TTT2 and borderlands2 in 1 month same week.) Hopefully this patch will only take a month or a month and a half.

roknin said on July 27, 2012 at 11:33 a.m.

~"Tekken 6 had crap online and they fixed it."~

I love me some Tekken. I really do. More than any other FG franchise.

But... since when? It was updated to not be complete ass, sure; but I don't know that I'd call that "fixed." Rare was the case where I could get a decent online match in T6, even against players living a few miles away, literally.

That said, what fighting game has released that didn't have some sort of issue at launch in regards to online? At the very least Atlus is addressing it ASAP. Abandoning the game before it's even released outside of Japan seems like a pretty big over-reaction to me.

uguumachine said on July 27, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.

imagine the scheiß-storm if capcom had dared to release a game with such a big problem.

icejohn said on July 27, 2012 at 12:06 p.m.

im sorry but didn't people already give capcom a scheiB-storm with mvc3 and sfxt online ? Coutless complaints about lagg and sound issues and the ginormous riot if they try to fix it,it could get worst. Didn't that happen?
CAUSE IM PRETTY SURE IT DID.

AugustAPC said on July 27, 2012 at 12:42 p.m.

I trust these guys.

xShonuffx said on July 27, 2012 at 12:54 p.m.

Atlus don't mess around so im sure this will get resolved.

Just hit those challange modes, story, and tutorials and master your characters moves till online is ready.

ArcaneArcane said on July 27, 2012 at 1:25 p.m.

This game won't die when GG comes out. It has a completely different and bigger fanbase. This game was already a popular franchise before it was made into a fighting game.

Oh yeah GG is old and wont make it to evo. Nobody stopped playing SF4 or Marvel when SF3O dropped.

HooliganComboFTW said on July 27, 2012 at 2:04 p.m.

Meh does not apply to me i play local versus more often anyway

DARKKARASBLADE said on July 27, 2012 at 2:26 p.m.

@13 None of those issues occured on my copies of MVC3 and SFXT they both have good online. It all depends on your connection and your opponents or at times it can be your copy of the game.

kdavis851 said on July 28, 2012 at 1:22 a.m.

No one gave Capcom a free pass on quality of the online in any game not named SF4. Large numbers of people bludgeoned MvC3, SFxT, and even SFIII 3S: OE for what they felt was subpar online.

Capcom doesn't get a free pass... on anything. Not saying that they deserve one, but it's much more common to see blind hate towards Capcom than blind support.

What 14 said.