Combo video roundup: TTT2 Eddy tag combos, DoA 5 Alpha demo Hitomi, VF5 FS Pai Chan and TvC Tatsunical combos

Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • July 24, 2012 at 2:36 p.m. PDT
Pier21tekken put together a great combo video for Eddy in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This video features a ton of impressive tag combos using Eddy and various characters on the roster.

Hit the jump to check out the rest.

DOAUMASTER created a combo video for Hitomi in the Dead or Alive 5 Alpha demo.

hfblade put together a combo video featuring Pai Chan in Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown.

Lastly, EndlessComboz uploaded an awesome Tatsunoko vs. Capcom combo video featuring multiple characters on the roster. All the combos here deal a large amount of hits getting "Tatsunical" rating.

Tips by Rafael2487 and an anonymous submitter.

Comments

SAMURAI said on July 24, 2012 at 2:44 p.m.

That is exactly what I hate about the latest Tekken games. The character just floats in the air and you can't do anything while you get beat up.

That's my only problem with Tekken.

anthonygamer said on July 24, 2012 at 3 p.m.

@1 Dude, there are touch of death combos in Marvel. Be happy with what you have in this game.

SeriphAngel said on July 24, 2012 at 3:04 p.m.

I LOVE PAI CHAN!!! Those combos looked beyond strict but boy did they hurt. Great video all around.

EternalSun said on July 24, 2012 at 3:17 p.m.

@1 You mean exactly like in most other fighting games?
Just a thing to consider - Seth's ultra 1 in SF4 takes more time than any of those combos.

mp91 said on July 24, 2012 at 3:31 p.m.

@ 2 that's why i barely play mvc3, thought the rooster is nice (too combo oriented for my taste)
@1 i hear you, it's going to bug the hell out of me, still getting the game but will probably prefer doa5

maxs2d2ace said on July 24, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

lol me too. if you get hit by one move it becomes a waiting period. i cant stand when people play dante, magneto, doom and i have to wait like 10 sec for me to pick up the stick again.

SJFox said on July 24, 2012 at 5:02 p.m.

That doesn't look that situational, especially considering you have a move that allows you to pick which wall to hit after a successful hit. Due to auto poistioning right after the explosion, the situation almost seems forced.

I think my initial fear of this game (hazards being too powerful) have been realized :(

Hammer said on July 24, 2012 at 5:37 p.m.

#1 I hated the bounds when I played the new tekken, but I have seen the light and all the splendor of possibilities open up. It was like using focuses effectively. It really does add a whole different element to tekken, good on the doing end, but bad on the receiving.

J said on July 24, 2012 at 5:40 p.m.

I don't believe I've seen "slope combos" since Tekken 4.

Oh, and Polimar is the best thing ever.

king_e_dawg said on July 24, 2012 at 5:42 p.m.

Loving the Pai Chan combos. I'm still trying to work that 46K+G into my game effectively because you get that nasty-looking crumple/bounce if you do it right. One combo I like is after a launcher, PPKK followed by her back cartwheel (7K+G). It does decent damage and puts you at a fairly safe range even if they ground tech.

Hayabusa_San said on July 24, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.

Came for the TVC video and i'm satisfied =) I like when they give that great game some love!

But also, that Pai Chan combo video is just awesome! Even if i'm a noob in VF (never understund the mechanics), i can appreciate the beauty of tight commands and spectacular results.

I'm curious about her cameo in DOA5, and i just she is just as good as in VF.

100thMonkey said on July 24, 2012 at 6:48 p.m.

@1 Most games have long combos, i dont see how ttt2 is so much worst. Hell even marvel evolves around those. Plus pretty sure you can tag crash out of them

linggg said on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 p.m.

irc_mocpac said on July 24, 2012 at 8:20 p.m.

It's called a juggles and most fighting games have them. Welcome to fighting games.

Rocklee77 said on July 24, 2012 at 8:52 p.m.

Go get Doa5 EVERYONE!!! You will love it in the long run.

WBK_ZER0 said on July 24, 2012 at 10:17 p.m.

@15 i've seen you praise Doa5 in about 2 threads now not trying to get all wtf-ish but it seems like you really hate tekken as a whole and i ask why?

ZeDudd said on July 24, 2012 at 11:56 p.m.

1. Those juggles exist in most fighting-games, and they aren't even that long in Tekken compared to BlazBlue, Marvel, etc.

2. There are many ways to avoid/block/counter and punish combos and juggles. (especially when you fight someone who's depending on the same 2 or 3 launchers the whole time)

HooliganComboFTW said on July 25, 2012 at 12:15 a.m.

3d fighter juggles and 2d fighter juggles are different. Tekken really stands out as THE 3d fighter juggler

sdfgwegw said on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 a.m.

Jandro83 said on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 a.m.

OK people don't seem to get the point of Tekken's bad juggle system. The problem isn't just juggles cause like mentioned before that is present in most fighting games, the big picture in Tekken and MvC3 is the annoying as hell OTGs. I say OTGs are completely unnecessary, ok you landed a good combo nice, but then when I fall to the ground which is supposed to be the rest period in fighting games you proceed to bounce or lift me off from it to continue your endless string? I say that is and will always be BS.

GodPride said on July 25, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.

Tatsunoko

irc_mocpac said on July 25, 2012 at 11:41 a.m.

The bound move is not really an OTG. Unless you're Marduk, you cannot lift someone off the ground and create a combo. When you create a bound move in a mid air combo, you're basically creating a finisher to your combo.

You cannot compare MV3's OTG to Tekken's bound system.

al2k said on July 25, 2012 at 12:29 p.m.

Fighting is dead in fighting games because the combos are too long and too damaging now.

Hammer said on July 25, 2012 at 8:50 p.m.

@20 I don't think tekken juggles are bad, just some people might not get it. Its certainly takes time to master like any other fighting properties of other fighting games. The one game I would consider the juggle system thats close to tekken's, believe it or not, is Mortal Kombat's. What do you think of the juggle system in that?