Posted by Catalyst
July 13, 2012 at 9:41 a.m. PDT
Street Fighter X Tekken's DLC characters coming to PC in September, improved button config in Marvel vs. Capcom Origins Street Fighter X Tekken's DLC characters will be released on the PC in September, about 5-6 weeks after they're made available for console gamers (July 31st), Capcom's Christian Svensson recently said on the Unity Boards.

He also goes on to talk about how they've improved the button configuration setup in Marvel vs. Capcom Origins and why Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 haven't seen a re-release on PSN and XBLA.

Finally, he closes this out by asking fans for patience in regards to a Darkstalkers compilation, which may be another hint about the future of this franchise.

Sergio: When will the 12 DLC characters for SFxT be available on PC?

Svensson: To be more specific, I asked Derek about this here's what he sent me:

"They'll be in the second batch of DLC. The only thing that prevented them from being in the batch currently in submission was Capcom Japan waffling about the date until recently. So now, we're hoping to submit middle of next month, with release in early September."

So probably something like 5-6 weeks separating the two unfortunately.

2n2: Have the fighting game teams (in Japan) seen the button configuration for Skullgirls? Their devs pretty much nailed it.

Svensson: Marvel vs. Capcom Origins is in submission, but I [sent this to Derek Neal, he responded]:

"The button config screen has been improved over the (already pretty good) one in 3S, taking a lot of user feedback about the usability into account. One thing we still don't have is the "macro" button, though...

Future games will continue the streamlining and improvement process even further, so fans should definitely let us know specific details about what they would like to see, and we will work to get as much of that feedback implemented as possible."

Mr.Saikyo: Are Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 ever coming to PSN and XBLA? I don't fully understand why these games haven't been released yet.

Svensson: People requested these titles for years before they eventually became reality too. On the other hand, we also have people clamoring for Darkstalkers, Powerstone, Project Justice, AvP, classic Disney games, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, various Megaman projects, D&D games, Cannon Spike, etc. Plus we have to be doing new stuff too.

Unfortunately, not everything is viable and certainly not everything can be done all at one time. These games take more than a year to make and they are fairly expensive if you want them to be properly quality assuranced and with features that are competitive.

We've brought over HD versions of RE classics, Okami, Puzzle Figher, SF2, new versions of Commando, 1942, two Bionic Commandos and more... We haven't been resting on our laurels and there's more goodness to come.

Mr.Saikyo: I don't understand why "Marvel Origins" is even being released, Marvel 1 is inferior to MvC2 and MSH is out dated and other games from the series could/should have been selected over it.

Svensson: If you read the [Capcom Unity] boards, you would see repeated requests for these titles too and we made that happen to please fans. The success of MvC2 (which is our highest selling XBLA/PSN title) also gave us some confidence that there was demand for more Marvel so I negotiated an addendum to the MvC2 contract to allow for these games to get made.

Mr.Saikyo: To me it makes most sense to now release an Alpha and a CvS game so all of the series are represented online. my question is simply this : will the fans ever get this or will it always remain a wish/want?

Svensson: I'm glad that you've got games that you'd really like to see, however I can say at this moment, there's no projects of either sort currently in the works. Will they ever be? "Ever" is a really long time so I'd never say never.

Hours Left: Can we please have a Marvel Origins style Rival Schools/Darkstalkers game?

Kycer: They could just combine Darkstalkers: Collection, Powerstone: Collection, and Project Justice and call it "Capcom Classic Collection": Fighter's Edition.

Svensson: Patience Kycer... and others... 8)

Comments

PhinnyCupcakes said on July 13, 2012 at 9:49 a.m.

SF4AE2012 is on steam (so PC version) for $10 for the NEXT 6 HOURS ONLY. MAKE THIS A NEWS POST.

Murdoink said on July 13, 2012 at 9:51 a.m.

Capcom should just do a massive poll for what game the fans want the most, then make whatever comes in second after Legends 3

Janitor4290 said on July 13, 2012 at 9:59 a.m.

^ Lol if only that would happen.

BlankaBeast said on July 13, 2012 at 10:05 a.m.

NICE!!

only 5-6 weeks not 3-4 months!

GOOD JOB GUYS Now lets make sure we hit that date!

:D

....also given that time people should be realizing what a great game xT is!

PC SFxT FTW

sarif2soon said on July 13, 2012 at 10:09 a.m.

okay, you had your answers, now stop whining.

Tensa said on July 13, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.

Wow lately sven has been giving some really good answers but yeah people do request alot of older games and I know its hard to get them re-released with a nice polish but I like the idea capcom classic collection fighters edition I would buy that for sure do it capcom!

Summoner said on July 13, 2012 at 10:16 a.m.

well i'm getting SFxT on PC ONLY when those 12 characters will be available! ...i don't dig 38 characters roster of a crossover game, this is the main reason why i skipped MVC3 and waited for its update, cause i knew it would be coming...

tequilasauer said on July 13, 2012 at 10:19 a.m.

But when will SFxT patch in the "Give a crap" gem DLC so people can care about that news. I've said it once and I'll say it again, give characters an X-factor and this game immediately becomes entertaining to spectate. Rolento's pokes single-handedly made me quit the game, so the nerf might make me check it out again, but I doubt it'll take too much time away from AE and UMVC3 for me.

I don't think I'll buy Origins because there's no X-Men v SF, I didn't dig MSH that much, and I already have MVC2. There's just not enough to bring me in. But that could port over HD versions of Darkstalkers 3 and Rival Schools and I'd buy both on Day 1. Rival Schools is the most underrated game in their fighting game lineup, IMO.

trufenix said on July 13, 2012 at 10:20 a.m.

They should just have Derek Neal do this. Sven has been so inundated with negativity, he just sounds like a douche no matter what he replies.

cmonandslam said on July 13, 2012 at 10:24 a.m.

If you don't care about any of this news, then whats the point of commenting? So people can hear about your inane opinions about unrelated things?

Stop being stupid.

AdaWongLover5 said on July 13, 2012 at 10:27 a.m.

@ Summoner
If I only had your foresight... I mean, I saw the update coming with SF4 but I totally thought that MvC3 would've been the real deal.

Anywho, I'm guessing this is just frantic Capcom talk for "Don't hate us! Please don't hate us! I'm glad we're getting answers but at this point it feels... empty.

CBX said on July 13, 2012 at 10:28 a.m.

capcom when you gonna re-release red earth....

TheGuardian07 said on July 13, 2012 at 10:53 a.m.

YES! Give me AvP! That's all!

Kawalorn said on July 13, 2012 at 11 a.m.

How about of the release date for "SFxT is finally gonna be playable online on PC"?

Hajiki said on July 13, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.

Wish the DLC characters were released on the PC a bit sooner, curious to see what kind of mods people will make. But I'm glad they're still on the way at least.

Terios said on July 13, 2012 at 11:09 a.m.

AvP? Like that Jaguar game? Yes please!

Kwisatz_Haderach said on July 13, 2012 at 12:36 p.m.

I'm quite happy to have MVC1 and MSH. Also, this Sven guy seems quite descent, if you ask me. Why do some people complain about him?

MrPFloyd said on July 13, 2012 at 1:45 p.m.

@17 people like to complain about everything. I can't wait to play MSH online, it's been years since i've played that game.
And Sven's last comment. <3

tequilasauer said on July 13, 2012 at 2:57 p.m.

I care about the news, didn't you see the part where I mentioned how I'd definitely buy the DS3 and RS ports if they released them. It gets mentioned and so it's something I'm interested in.

Plus, snarking is apart of the internet experience. Is this your first time on an open comments type forum?

kirbykirbykirby said on July 13, 2012 at 6:19 p.m.

Honestly I don't care if these games aren't hd, widescreen or whatever they add to it. If they can just make cvs2 again just with online on psn and 360 I'd be happy

Iammanchild said on July 13, 2012 at 9:40 p.m.

dfghdfgwe said on July 14, 2012 at 4:54 a.m.