Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 24, 2012 at 3:51 p.m. PST
Street Fighter X Tekken on Xbox 360 could have had Master Chief and Marcus Fenix The Xbox 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken will not be getting any exclusive characters, but they could have potentially picked up Master Chief (Halo) and Marcus Fenix (Gears of War), if negotiations were successful with Microsoft.

Street Fighter series producer, Yoshinori Ono, had this to say on the subject.

"We do have the exclusive characters for the Sony platform. We have Cole, the two Sony cats, Kuro and Toro. But basically for the Xbox 360, we were in discussions with them (Microsoft) for which character to put in as an exclusive, but we weren't able to decide on a character because of differences in timing and things like that. So unfortunately for Street Fighter X Tekken, only the PlayStation family will be getting the exclusive characters, but it's something we wish could have happened. It's just too bad, basically.

"In terms of characters we wish we could have put in the game, Master Chief or Marcus Fenix from Gears of War would have been really cool, but it was just really difficult. We have Cole from inFamous on PS3, which is really cool, but that's just the way it turned out."

From Xbox 360 Achievements via SRK. Tip submitted by Murdoink, Final Fight x Tekken, Chameleonice, Rafael2487 and Sinisterslam.

Comments

Ruiz said on January 24, 2012 at 3:53 p.m.

No way. How unfair.

vsDenjin said on January 24, 2012 at 3:53 p.m.

that would have made my view of sfxt as completely alien, as apposed to semi-alien view I have for it now.

Ralenzo said on January 24, 2012 at 3:54 p.m.

That's some BS exscuse if u ask me !! >.>

Shmanti said on January 24, 2012 at 3:54 p.m.

In my eyes the two sony cats just looked like tacked on characters anyway. And cole isnt anything special either.
The games cast is already pretty robust as it is.

NoizyChild said on January 24, 2012 at 3:54 p.m.

Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk.

People will still enjoy the game regardless.

Just play.

ButterKnife said on January 24, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.

I would have used Master Chief... As long as his moves were a little more inspired than in DoA4.

Still getting it for Xbox though.

danchan29 said on January 24, 2012 at 3:56 p.m.

to be honest if x box did have bonus characters, what will happen in evo if for example one player chooses Cole and another uses an 360 bonus character? (My guess they probably be not allowed to be used)

Aluppoj said on January 24, 2012 at 3:56 p.m.

Hopefully this thread won't turn into a console flame war.

h4mx0r said on January 24, 2012 at 3:56 p.m.

I'm picturing Marcus Fenix as a grappler, but only because of those damn muscles haha.

suicidali said on January 24, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

Wouldn't Fenix be a bit more Mortal Kombat than SFxT? What with ripping aliens apart with that chainsaw gun of his...
It would've been nice to see how they'd work as fighting game characters, but I guess we'll never know

triplefierce said on January 24, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

Im definitely going with the 360 copy! I prefer my copy SF x Tekken to only have characters from either Street Fighter or Tekken! great news imo.

Oroku_Saki said on January 24, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

I would have disliked it. It's the same way Mortal Kombat wanted Master Chief or Dom from Gears of War. I happy enough with the Spartan in Dead or Alive, I wouldn't like to have MC in a Capcom fighter.

Marcus in a Capcom game....I wonder if he would have played like Sharon in the EX series. Anyway, I'm happy those characters didn't get added to the X360 roster.

BrokenPad said on January 24, 2012 at 4 p.m.

Hopefully it will bring the ps3 version over Xbox at evo and others.

J said on January 24, 2012 at 4:01 p.m.

I would get it for the Xbox if I had one. Screw "exclusive" characters that make no sense to be in the game.

SAMURAI said on January 24, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

I don't care, I'm not wasting my money on this crap anyway.

sfchun said on January 24, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.

I'm 360 user, and i'm glad about this !
I simply hate additional characters which does not belongs to the original game univers, as Starwars caracters in Soulcalibur IV ... it's just nonsense !
If they wish to add caracters , just pick up from SF or Tekken !

peroxcide said on January 24, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.

too bad.....? i hope they remember to use them same words when the 360 version sells like 20k worldwide.... FU*KIN FAGS!

DeathQuote44 said on January 24, 2012 at 4:05 p.m.

Come on! Even as a PS3 owner, THOSE characters are much cooler than Cole! I would've loved to seen them in this game!

I have NO disrespect toward Xbox, in fact I PREFER Xbox's online to Playstation's. This really pisses me off.

genocideSX said on January 24, 2012 at 4:05 p.m.

dang it...i was really hoping the rumor about mortal kombat in the xbox version to be true TT-TT

well its not like i havent seen this b4 (doa4) :/ and dosnt fenix use an assault rifle :/

error3 said on January 24, 2012 at 4:08 p.m.

Why did I click this link expecting "Chop, Chop, Master Onion"?

Him said on January 24, 2012 at 4:10 p.m.

i dont even care about those bonus characters. this isnt soul calibur, so lets not aste time on that. if they were capcom exclusives, do your best capcom. forget about those third party characters

Ninjanuity said on January 24, 2012 at 4:11 p.m.

Who cares. They'll be banned in tournaments and it's not going to be the reason why I buy the game.

And guys, if you're not gonna buy the game, then don't. But don't say a game is horrible before it even gets released. How can you base an opinion on a game when you haven't even played it? We don't need to hear all this angst towards this game.

ViZChaosAirRyu said on January 24, 2012 at 4:13 p.m.

GTFO, NOT FAIR AT ALL. I WANT EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS TOO FOR XBOX

rlt4life said on January 24, 2012 at 4:14 p.m.

360 exclusive characters don't really fit in a fighting game anyways. No skin off my bones. Cole doesn't exactly fit either, but he does so way more than Marcus or Master Chief could

onostolemybike said on January 24, 2012 at 4:16 p.m.

i'm glad the xbox version has no exclusive characters

I consider it the unraped and unmolested version

exclusive characters end up tourney banned anyway, so whats the point?

Bibuki said on January 24, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.

Seriously I'm down with the wackiness of the game, but it's already wacky enough. No need for unrelated characters in my opinion. I WOULD have been hyped for the Cole Train though. I mean Sony got their Cole, Microsoft got theirs. I'd have mained Cole Train and Balrog and bullied errbody. Not enough Black characters... again. And most of the asian characters look white haha whatever.

I doubt Cole will be available in serious tourneys.

ViZChaosAirRyu said on January 24, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.

ughhh.... time to die!

Ett said on January 24, 2012 at 4:26 p.m.

If only Capcom would drop GFWL and put Steamworks in the pc versie.
Then we could have TF2 characters or some other steam relate stuff a portal stage. If only they use steamworks.

anj3l16 said on January 24, 2012 at 4:26 p.m.

So what they're gonna be zoning characters, who just shoot stuff all day. LAME

EMP_BrokeTier_Triforce said on January 24, 2012 at 4:28 p.m.

console exclusive characters are banned in tournament anyway, so who gives a powerglove?

SpadeHand said on January 24, 2012 at 4:31 p.m.

Gawrsh, I sure am glad I own a PSTripple.

BurningVigor said on January 24, 2012 at 4:31 p.m.

This is great news for 360 users. Now you don't have to deal with exclusive chars online that will be banned in tourneys.

I would hate to fight those short cats online anyway... seriously, their hitbox must be so damn awkward.

DarkPhoenixRises said on January 24, 2012 at 4:31 p.m.

Yeah Oh well indeed, Good for PS3 they got cole and those cats..... Hoenstly I didn't even know who they were before SFxT

TheShotokan said on January 24, 2012 at 4:33 p.m.

TheDeadTexan said on January 24, 2012 at 4:35 p.m.

What about Yoda and Darth Vader?

MadMetalSlayer said on January 24, 2012 at 4:35 p.m.

sigh...this isn't Street Fighter X Tekken anymore...

Relikk said on January 24, 2012 at 4:36 p.m.

No. Just, no.

StellarSTLR said on January 24, 2012 at 4:36 p.m.

Good

matthew6666666 said on January 24, 2012 at 4:38 p.m.

cole better be more worthless than phoenix wright....so dissaointed that this won't be an even balance between consoles...and i would have loved to saw at ryu's face with a lancer chainsaw... phooey!

matthew6666666 said on January 24, 2012 at 4:38 p.m.

*dissapointed wheee

SeQuarnD said on January 24, 2012 at 4:40 p.m.

HAHA I have a PlayStation, DO YOU XBL users? lmfao!!!!!!!!! suck it! PS3 ALL DAY! look at all you Xbox users crying " it's not fair, it's not fair" suck it up!

Von_Kunlun_BOOF said on January 24, 2012 at 4:42 p.m.

In the wise words of Bushinryu...

PROFOUND SADNESS!!!!!!!

AnaboliChris said on January 24, 2012 at 4:42 p.m.

#15, I like the way you think.

Bleeble said on January 24, 2012 at 4:54 p.m.

According to the comments posted here everyone buying this game will be playing at a tournament level and having bonus characters in a game means you have to use them right?

Kurow said on January 24, 2012 at 4:55 p.m.

I wanted Marcus to say "Eat sh** ant die!" during his super xD

GokaiGreen said on January 24, 2012 at 4:57 p.m.

ZaFuuru said on January 24, 2012 at 4:57 p.m.

Not sure if serious

Aluppoj said on January 24, 2012 at 5:04 p.m.

I love how X-Box users think they're getting the "Pure" version lol. You'll still be fighting PAC-MAN and BAD BOX ART MEGA MAN LMFAO!

Btw, Cole actually looks pretty slick. I'll have fun beating Arcade with him. More bang for your buck IMO.

DunnDeal said on January 24, 2012 at 5:05 p.m.

Who cares that PS3 only got exclusive? XBOX users don't give a damn about Cole and definitely those little furry things. It will feel more like SFxT without them in it.

DunnDeal said on January 24, 2012 at 5:07 p.m.

Yeah but that just means less troll characters :P

coldviper18 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:10 p.m.

Console exclusive = a meer toy. Nothing we'll use literally anyway. Maybe fun combo video's and online, but they'll be banned from tournaments which is where the entire hype of the fighting game industry comes from. Which is why it's fair for us to be extremely spectacle on lolgems.

fireinthehole said on January 24, 2012 at 5:11 p.m.

F-ck Master Chief and F-ck Marcus Fenix.

Jake Sully from Avatar!!! Put in Jake Sully from Avatar and make Guile his rival!!!

Jake Sully vs Guile would be EPIC!!!

NobleEskimo said on January 24, 2012 at 5:12 p.m.

I am so furious over something so meaningless!! ARRGGG! TRUE, LEGITIMATE RAGEEE!! This is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone ever!!!!!!

Dragoomba said on January 24, 2012 at 5:13 p.m.

If the 360 got exclusive Capcom or Namco characters, that would have even caused more backlash and controversy.

NobleEskimo said on January 24, 2012 at 5:13 p.m.

"Which is why it's fair for us to be extremely spectacle on lolgems." Yes, our lolgems need glasses?

Asmiliz said on January 24, 2012 at 5:14 p.m.

what about pc exclusives? I want Guybrush Threepwood with a rootbeer spray as projectile.

GenjiRed said on January 24, 2012 at 5:15 p.m.

What, does everybody on this site only play on tournaments? Seriously who the f**k cares. I play fighting games, but I play them for fun, yeah I played in some tournaments, but I also play offline with my friends all the time.

GokaiGreen said on January 24, 2012 at 5:18 p.m.

MannieFresh555 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:18 p.m.

lol at the people bashing us 360 owners sayin we have no console exclusives XD

Yall are gonna wish yall was us when u get owned by small cats and overused electric dude.

Im kinda mad we didnt get anyone but hey im gettin the game regardless. I wasnt getting it just cuz of the 3 chars.

@49 I think that was just for the PS Vita version of the game

jelaninoel said on January 24, 2012 at 5:18 p.m.

Hey if I'm paying $65 bucks for the game, you better believe i'm buying the one with more characters in it regardless if i think they are cool or not. People saying the characters are dumb or dont belong etc. are clearly butt hurt. There is no way to justify buying the inferior version besides friends buying it as well or lack of PS3 arcade stick. Its 2012, how do people still not own both consoles?

h1tm0nl33 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:22 p.m.

Hold on why is it anytime this gets brought up everyone wants Master Chief or Marcus Fenix doesn't MS have more console exclusives then that?

kdhif9154 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.

Jookey said on January 24, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.

These comments are so awful my penis fell off and ran out the door.

gammabolt17 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.

lol that was Ono-esque!

"Which is why it's fair for us to be extremely speculate on lolgems"

I think that's what he meant...

DunnDeal said on January 24, 2012 at 5:29 p.m.

too bad all the tourney players play on xbox. Stick to playing 10 year olds on PS3 :P

kirbykirbykirby said on January 24, 2012 at 5:31 p.m.

And i still think the best guest character in a fighter is link in sc. Of course is cause im a zelda fan.. :p though for some reason im not digging exclusive characters for capcom fighters. It just always has me thinking the what if they put this character i want instead of a guest.

theshredder39 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:33 p.m.

eh, i grew a strong disliking for Halo anyway, Fenix would've been cool though, but i wish they'd do what they did with the PS3 version where two of the exclusives were very obscure cartoony looking cats and one much more serious character but for the 360 version we could have Banjo and Conker as the cartoony looking characters and the third character could be Master Cheif and Marcus

gammabolt17 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:35 p.m.

As a 360-only owner (not happy about that at all, btw) I can honestly say I don't even know what 360-exclusive character would work in SF anyway. I mean, a gear would work in MK because Jax is damn near a gear himself (probably what Cole would be like without the steroid-jacked-upedness), but they wouldn't really fit right. Fable guy doesn't work. A Spartan (or any other Halo character) doesn't work. I guess Joanna Dark would be a decent Nina counter, but honestly I think I'm about the only person who would give a damn if she was announced. Maybe one of the kids from Infinite Discovery or Magna Carta 2 or something.

gammabolt17 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:36 p.m.

If Mika was going in the game it would be nice to have her Rival with a Rumble Rose or something maybe.

Protoman said on January 24, 2012 at 5:37 p.m.

Forget master chief, I'm happy with the cast as it stands. Megaman is welcome though.

kdhif9154 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:40 p.m.

ItsMahveIBaby said on January 24, 2012 at 5:40 p.m.

@ #7, All console exclusive characters are banned from tournements, just like Oni. #kappa

SAMURAI said on January 24, 2012 at 5:41 p.m.

Exclusive characters are not always exist everywhere teehee ;p

h1tm0nl33 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:41 p.m.

@69...how about a Killer instinct Character Microsoft does own Rare.

BLAFY said on January 24, 2012 at 5:43 p.m.

If it aint a shooter 360 aint giving a FUQQ about exclusives!
They may have something for GTA V but hey you never know.

fireinthehole said on January 24, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.

We need Jake Sully and Tsu-Tey from Avatar.

Jake Sully = Ryu
Tsu-Tey = Kazuya

Make Guile and Rolento as their rivals.

Kenshiro said on January 24, 2012 at 5:49 p.m.

@61 it's nice that your mom and dad still buy stuff for you.

I have one console and i'm glad it's not the one with faggy ass cats. I'm not paying 60 bux either so enjoy what you feel is a much better version while i continue to laugh at you're entitled ass.

Duecez

Aluppoj said on January 24, 2012 at 5:52 p.m.

Won't GTA5 be a five disk set on X-Box? lol DVD power ftw!

Super_Shoto_Fighter_4 said on January 24, 2012 at 5:53 p.m.

I remember a time when the 360 had all the exclusives lol. How times change.

SAMURAI said on January 24, 2012 at 5:57 p.m.

So Master Chief & Marcus Fenix didn't answer when Ono called?

PS3 > xbox teehee ;p

Summoner said on January 24, 2012 at 5:58 p.m.

thank God! now i will by my xbox 360 version of the game knowing it'll be geek free...also big thanks to Ed Boon for doing the same with MK9...

cuzzo said on January 24, 2012 at 6:02 p.m.

thats like telling your kids "oh sorry only one of you gets presents, its just too bad" =/

GokaiGreen said on January 24, 2012 at 6:05 p.m.

Aluppoj said on January 24, 2012 at 6:06 p.m.

Except for you right? Too bad the serious X-Box players will still have to bother with you.

The 360 crowd has shown that its a classless group of thugs. Enjoy your Failed, wack a$$ HD DVD add on, RROD and an inferior line up of exclusive titles.

All the while paying $60 a year to play an inferior, cheap hunk of junk.

Aluppoj said on January 24, 2012 at 6:08 p.m.

Yup, I'm thinking alright. I'm usually not one to $hit talk on EH, but the unwarranted smugness of 360 owners is getting to be a bit much.

ricefarmer said on January 24, 2012 at 6:16 p.m.

GokaiGreen said on January 24, 2012 at 6:17 p.m.

Hazzird said on January 24, 2012 at 6:19 p.m.

ps3 mk gets Kratos and 360 no one, Ps3 sfxt gets Cole (who will blow ass cause they won't make a console exclusive character top tier) and retarded cats, and 360 gets no one. how about Capcom decides on characters from franchises on ALL CONSOLES like Ezio in SC5.

BLAFY said on January 24, 2012 at 6:20 p.m.

its like
xbox people want characters

ps3 people dont care about the characters they have but still will rub it in xbox faces

pc people just want the game

Jerecaine said on January 24, 2012 at 6:21 p.m.

Posted by cuzzo on January 24, 2012 at 6:02 p.m. #83

The present could be ugly Christmas sweaters

bullitt23 said on January 24, 2012 at 6:25 p.m.

Who cares. 99.99% of people buying this game will be for SF or tekken characters.

The posters claiming the ps3 gamers will be bombarded with losses to small cats and cole, please stop as that statement is redundant. I highly doubt they'll be seen.

I'd give them a month, maybe even two if im being generous, of the honeymoon period of trolling to end, even then it will be one or two guys creasing up at the salty elitist's expense.

gtfopanda said on January 24, 2012 at 6:27 p.m.

Pleased that no bullcrap character will appear in the console version of choice for tournaments.

LongSky said on January 24, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.

OK, so getting the PS3 ver means its been raped and is unclean just because it has extra characters? While getting the 360 with bonus characters means its the pure and clean ver? Jeez, so many of you are so ignorant that its laughable. Hell TxSf might get a Naruto character because of the collaboration with Lars in Ultimate Ninja, and will definitely be given some/alot rage just because "Its not pure". Its a crossover game, meaning its suppose to put in new and unique characters.

Aluppoj said on January 24, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.

Are you kidding? I (we) don't want to "rub anything in your face". People started trashing PS3 like Sony/PS3 did somthing wrong by putting cole is in SFxT.

Capcom seems to have done the asking. Blame them and Microsoft.

Like its a Trash version because it has more content. Whatever guys.

Brilliant post. Just glad I won't have to switch disks every time I move in GTA5.

boulderabuser said on January 24, 2012 at 6:34 p.m.

God, how could this site get caught in the console war?

drunkendan said on January 24, 2012 at 6:38 p.m.

I like how a chunk of you talk like you go to tournaments when I am willing to bet maybe five people who posted on this thread actually have been in one and maybe only three of you give a crap.

That out of the way I do feel sorry for 360 users they will not have as much content due to negotiations not going through fast enough. Which is why they are not in the game. Seriously people the story says that. Try reading instead of assuming capcom is being mean to the console. And yes it would be harder to get a character Microsoft owns since it is an American company and this game is not exclusive to 360.

Also what is with all you idiots and the flame war BS. I am lucky to own all three(I bought the ps3 and wii on my own and was lucky and found a 360 and the gabage works fine) it's all about preference. All three systems have their weak and strong points. And honestly the PS3's internet connection is the same speed as 360. The only reason a game on one may have better connection then the other is because of netcode. If one versions netcode is bunk it will be worse then the other. But seriously the console war stuff is dumb. ust play the games on the system you like and know not everyone shares the same opinion as you and stop acting like a child.

One final note to the people complaining about guest characters in general, why do you take a game with two groups of cartoon characters hitting each other seriously? It's just a game if you don't like a character don't play them. That is what I do.

mavfan619 said on January 24, 2012 at 6:46 p.m.

Halo and GoW are part of the decline of original games being released everything that sells is a shooter now. Screw them and their steroid rage characters. Troll etc... Anger and such.

drunkendan said on January 24, 2012 at 6:48 p.m.

and in the 90s the every game was platformers. Every know and then there will be a game genre that will dominate. Also GOW isn't an fps. It's a 3rd person shooter

GokaiGreen said on January 24, 2012 at 7:10 p.m.

GodPride said on January 24, 2012 at 7:29 p.m.

I didn't know there was a secret society of fanboys on this site. Xbox fans should be glad there aren't much troll characters on their version. Who the hell asked for Cole or those rat things anyway? We know it wasn't the fans.

Load more comments