Tekken X Street Fighter will have character customization, fan votes for roster

Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • January 16, 2012 at 10:28 p.m. PST
Tekken X Street Fighter will have character customization, fan votes for roster Katsuhiro Harada dropped some knowledge about the upcoming Namco Bandai title Tekken X Street Fighter recently on Twitter. He mentions that the Street Fighter cast members will have customization options and that there will be a fan vote for who makes the roster on the Tekken Facebook page, among other things, here's a run down.

Will you add a character customization for the Street Fighter characters in TxSF? — GregFaycE

Harada: We will.

Please put both Karin and Poison in TxSF! They are too popular. — 2_cody3

Harada: I'm planning a Tekken X Street Fighter roster vote on [the] Tekken Facebook [page]. Please wait.

Will you add Cross Gauge (like in SF or Soul Calibur 5) in TxSF? — Orzislaw

Harada: Considering another system (gauge) for Street Fighter characters. It's simple but cool.

Is Tekken X Street Fighter going to be on the PS Vita? — IXIbodyOFsinIXI

Harada: I'm considering [it] now.

Also submitted by Zelgadiszero and Halo.

Comments

Rugg said on January 16, 2012 at 10:36 p.m.

(This comment was removed by a moderator.)

aridarron said on January 16, 2012 at 10:38 p.m.

I hope El fuerte gets in this one, it would be cool if he uses SF3 parrying in this game just as Tekken characters have side step to avoid stuff.

yuenyun said on January 16, 2012 at 10:39 p.m.

Harada-san: I wish to meet, no, surpass the expectations of fighting game fans. Thus, I will be careful with my selection of who gets in the game and who does not. I'll listen to what everyone has to say before I make any major decisions.

Ono-san: Heheheheheheheheheheheh!

EmeraldFont said on January 16, 2012 at 10:39 p.m.

Does anyone even care about SFxT anymore?

Adellmanga said on January 16, 2012 at 10:41 p.m.

@4 if they post bs characters for the final roster yes

Adellmanga said on January 16, 2012 at 10:42 p.m.

i mean no lol typo

No_Surrender said on January 16, 2012 at 10:48 p.m.

Can't wait for more details on Tekken x SF. I hope this is a 1 on 1 game. Remember ALL those lists and YouTube vids people created for possible rivalries for SF x Tekken?

Meety said on January 16, 2012 at 10:49 p.m.

Hopefully Ingrid and Karin gets their chance in this.

LightningGoza said on January 16, 2012 at 10:54 p.m.

They should put in Alex, you know, the main character of Street Fighter III.

He's got an amazing design and he so fun to play, he should have been in SFIV too.

Summoner said on January 16, 2012 at 10:54 p.m.

Who definitely needs the chance that is Maki, she appeared like in only ONE SF game and she's only PSP exclusive who really needs her chance, thats gotta be her!...

WARGROUND_COOK said on January 16, 2012 at 10:56 p.m.

TEKKENXSF = I HAVE HOPE IN THIS GAME

Summoner said on January 16, 2012 at 10:58 p.m.

...LOl just wait till Harada announces something redicolous to attract casuals...

ithachi1 said on January 16, 2012 at 11:02 p.m.

Capcom can take a lesson from Harada san.

WARGROUND_COOK said on January 16, 2012 at 11:08 p.m.

I'M REALLY WONDERING WHAT RUGG SAID ...

awad1205 said on January 16, 2012 at 11:15 p.m.

@ 9

i feel u bro..

Summoner said on January 16, 2012 at 11:18 p.m.

...only one small correction though...Alex isn't SF3's main...those gotta be Yun and Yang broths...

icejohn said on January 16, 2012 at 11:27 p.m.

OMG no teasing and no trolling and no annoying smiley face symbols ;D and best of all no broken @$$ english.

ono learn from this man!

SyckEndings said on January 16, 2012 at 11:28 p.m.

Wondering will TekkenxSF even be anything like Tekken. Since Tekken is 3D there's various ways they can go about doing this to make both fan bases real right at home. Ex series for example.

aridarron said on January 16, 2012 at 11:32 p.m.

ummm #16 actually Alex is the protagonist/main of SF3, Capcom said initially that they were not going to add Ken and Ryu to SF3 so as to let Alex shine, yun and yang are just popular among players nothing more. Alex would be cool in this game and SF4.

genocideSX said on January 16, 2012 at 11:38 p.m.

harada said at one point that they are taking a darker theme to t x sf.

i HOPE HOPE HOPE that means a kick @$$ story line. still excited for sf x t...hope theres a storyline that branches further than pandora and the prologue udon comic though :/

Rugg said on January 16, 2012 at 11:45 p.m.

@WARGROUND_COOK

I said marvel sucked.

LitchiFayeLing said on January 16, 2012 at 11:52 p.m.

We're all excited about this...until one little detail someone doesn't like comes up

darko_p86 said on January 16, 2012 at 11:52 p.m.

there is only one thing wrong with online voting.

picture that 12 year old kid that has nothing but time on his hands creating X number of profiles just to vote for "such and such." they can do that ALL DAY LONG!!! in the end, you'll have multiple votes for one person. not to mention if he gets his lil buddies to jump in on the action.

"never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

bullitt23 said on January 16, 2012 at 11:53 p.m.

Fan polling is a great idea. Whilst i understand ono has to make the roster balanced, varied, fun and work to full mechanic possibilityr, I wish SFxT would of allowed two choices from each series to picked by the fans, that would of been awesome

Smorgasboard said on January 16, 2012 at 11:55 p.m.

Is no one is going to ask for Poison and Hugo?

matthew6666666 said on January 17, 2012 at 12:03 a.m.

oro!

darko_p86 said on January 17, 2012 at 12:05 a.m.

oh i forgot. great stuff about TxSf customization feature. after tekken5 and 6 BOTH had it, not throwing it in this one would make no sense. how you NOT going to put that in here? tekken5 and 6 raised the standards, so it would be kinda expected to have it. i only hope SfxT will have it as well, like i stressed since ssf4 arcade was first announced and onwards.

triplefierce said on January 17, 2012 at 12:13 a.m.

Im already liking how straight foward Harada is. Capcom should take note, cryptic responses doesnt equal hype.

GreedyB said on January 17, 2012 at 12:15 a.m.

@16 Yang was only a hidden character in the first SFIII game "New Generation". Alex is the main.

Expect all 8 characters from SFII and its 4 bosses to be in the game.

Rising_Jaguar said on January 17, 2012 at 12:19 a.m.

peopleee~ stop replying to the noob who says
yun and yang are the mainss in SFIII~ jeez, lol

darko_p86 said on January 17, 2012 at 12:53 a.m.

not really being a SF3/3rd strike fan, i gotta admit that Yun would indeed be a good choice in TxSF. I like him without his hat tho. he's got too cool hair to keep it hidden. i think Namco would make him move more like feng wei than anyone else in tekken, with his kung fu or whatever it is.

warriors said on January 17, 2012 at 1:06 a.m.

I only vote not to make main games features or additional characters as DLC, and avoid anything like Gems (which is what I mean by main game features). Other than that good luck tekken

Super_Honda said on January 17, 2012 at 1:21 a.m.

E Honda in SFxT.....LOL! I doubt that many people would vote for him though.

gtfopanda said on January 17, 2012 at 1:25 a.m.

Beautiful 3D models (not freaking guys on steroids), polls for who makes the cut, characters customizaton, no Cross Gauge.

High hopes for this game.

singularity said on January 17, 2012 at 2:16 a.m.

So long as it's not a juggle-fest, jabbing ankles across the screen...I'm interested.

ABJitz said on January 17, 2012 at 2:26 a.m.

Oh my goodness...talk about "direct answers" from Harada-san! Hahahahaha cause i know for sure Ono would be totally trolling and milking the fact of us guessing for life!

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 2:28 a.m.

Parry would work in this game in my opinion

xShonuffx said on January 17, 2012 at 3:13 a.m.

Wow straight answers, Ono take notes!

looks like Harada is stealing Ono's SFxT thunder, the contest on who makes the best version begins.

Grubba said on January 17, 2012 at 3:39 a.m.

dude i jsut cant wait to see cammy in tekken graphics style

Smorgasboard said on January 17, 2012 at 3:47 a.m.

Harada believes that games should be released on the arcades first and that has been the case for Tekken games so far. So, I think DLC and especially game altering DLC is very unlikely for TxSF. However, that also means that the console version will only be out a year after the arcade release.

One thing I'm wondering though, how many people actually play Tekken and at least have an idea how their character will play in that system; or are they just requesting their favourite char?

Rising_Jaguar said on January 17, 2012 at 3:50 a.m.

C'monnn its the 17thhhhh gimme my SfxTkn Trailersss!!!

aridarron said on January 17, 2012 at 4:02 a.m.

#38 yeah I agree, parrying in association with 3d side stepping would be great ways to add a lot of strategy.

Here's hoping we see no Pandora Mode, No Gems and NO CATS!!! in this one.

phantomprince29 said on January 17, 2012 at 4:35 a.m.

Excellent News... I plan to get both versions.

EDGEucator said on January 17, 2012 at 4:36 a.m.

Harada & TxSF > Ono & (what'cha ma call'it). It's official.

C_DUB said on January 17, 2012 at 4:43 a.m.

up early trynna get that news b4 I run off to class! And why is everyone hating on capcom so much?

DougQuaid said on January 17, 2012 at 4:43 a.m.

If that is the case then the game will be filled with female characters....... -_-

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 4:44 a.m.

Link to my Tekken x Street Fighter Wishlist Character Wishlist

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 4:47 a.m.

Also Is the Street Fighter x Tekken chrarcter revals starting in 3 hours and 45 minutes am i right?

C_DUB said on January 17, 2012 at 4:57 a.m.

its starting at 10:00am if your on the east side. Basically 2 more hours from now in whatever timezone your in.

DeathQuote44 said on January 17, 2012 at 5:20 a.m.

It's funny how we actually got a straight answer out of Harada but whenever we ask Ono something he's like "Pay the toll to cross the bridge".

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 5:22 a.m.

Are you sure?

sprflyspdrguy said on January 17, 2012 at 5:26 a.m.

@51 Yeah people are different. How about that.

MINI said on January 17, 2012 at 5:37 a.m.

If there isn't any gems related stuff in TxSF.. then this is the version I'm going to get.
I'm tired of Capcom trolling their audience along with forcing such a ridiculious mechanic as the gem system.

Harada, if you make this work then you will be a hero!

DarkRyu94 said on January 17, 2012 at 5:52 a.m.

Well I wanted to play as Devil Jin in SF X T but I very much doubt that he will be there... gotta make room for the obscure retarded waste of slots... looking at you bob
I mean Devil Jin would be brilliant in SF X T I already had thought out how he would play
Mixture of quick attacks and heavy hits, Electric Wind God Fists, Laser Blasts and the more Unique Idea of an Air stance
So he flies into the air and each Punch/ Kick will bring out a different outcome
So disapointed

CammyLionHeart said on January 17, 2012 at 6:06 a.m.

@Grubba #40

Me too she's gonna look fantastic in tekken modelling. Especially with the customisation... Combat pants ftw

MrTrite said on January 17, 2012 at 6:40 a.m.

Looking forward to this.

GodPride said on January 17, 2012 at 6:51 a.m.

With some minor tweaks, I think Abel, Alex, Cody, Elena, Fei Long, Karin, Makoto, Sakura, Yang, and Yun would be the most fitting to the Tekken's engine. These characters are all built to get in; some are very mix up or juggle orientated and thus would make good candidates for the game. On the other side of the spectrum, we have characters like Akuma, Blanka, Dhalsim, Urien, Vega(main) who I believe wouldn't fit quite well in their current state, so I wouldn't mind if they didn't make the cut for this version.

I'd like Harada and his team to stay true to the Tekken formula and not go BOLD and fuk it up. I thought that was the whole point of having 2 different versions of the crossover so that there were no common ground and that both fans won't feel alienated when playing their respected titles. Or atleast I would think so.

MALDA said on January 17, 2012 at 7:04 a.m.

jimk23 said on January 17, 2012 at 7:14 a.m.

This looks promising.
I'm gonna vote el fuerte :-)
And, where are my sfxt announcements!!!

C_DUB said on January 17, 2012 at 7:16 a.m.

So everyone is hating on capcom but falling in love with namco, on a website that's about capcom fighting games? ATTENTION CAPCOM HATERS/NAMCO FANBOYS got to this website http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/
It's like eventhubs but for tekken. That way you all don't have to hear about Ono. And the capcom fans can browse the comments without seeing you all bitch about how you hate SFxT and UMVC3 and whatever other dumb gripes you have with capcom.

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 7:26 a.m.

It starts in Half an hour

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 7:29 a.m.

I am not hating on Capcom but i might not get SF X Tekken

Krownclown said on January 17, 2012 at 7:30 a.m.

@61 calm down angry little man, didn't know you were employed by Capcom. You bitching about people bitching isn't any better. God forbid someone take interest in tekken with "street fighter" characters. If its posted on EventHubs then its related enough to Capcom fighters. Leave these people alone, they are frustrated with capcoms business strategy and as fans they have a right to bitch. If it wasn't for us "bitching" you would have been stuck broken Hong Kong fighter 4 2011, and Capcom wouldn't have said sfxT would only have one release.

gtfopanda said on January 17, 2012 at 7:47 a.m.

@ #61

Shut up, fanboy.

If fans are displeased with the game maker they have the rights to let it known - and Capcom should get this as feedback and thus be grateful.

Namco hasn't even started with TxSF, but the very few things they shared are praiseworthy - unlike Recycled-SF4xT w/ DLC gems.

Summoner said on January 17, 2012 at 7:56 a.m.

where the f*ck are characters announcement?

SoundwaveButcher said on January 17, 2012 at 7:57 a.m.

I'm not hyped for this Lucky Charm fighter.

I'll just wait for ultimate SxT.

Jraze said on January 17, 2012 at 7:57 a.m.

I can't wait for both games. I wonder how the super meter in Tekken X Street fighter will work and if the Tekken characters will recieve a super meter also.

MALDA said on January 17, 2012 at 7:58 a.m.

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 8:01 a.m.

It is coming soon.I am sure

Malcopunch said on January 17, 2012 at 8:09 a.m.
CheribamJ said on January 17, 2012 at 8:44 a.m.

The customization mode is a very good news. And I can't wait for the fan vote on the Tekken Facebook page.

USAgent said on January 17, 2012 at 9:56 a.m.

Thank god Harada is most sensible than Ono. He answers questions directly.

codename_yunusaki said on January 17, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.

Well it seems that my waiting is finally over. Bring on Yun and Yang and lets get this voting cracking because men I'm soooo hype right now.I gotta say but Mr Harada may be my hero for a change unlike Mr Ono and his trolling etc.I fully respect him but he doesn't answer people's comments but anyway Mr Harada do your thing and make us supporters proud :D XD

salindy13 said on January 17, 2012 at 11:13 a.m.

@3 I lol'd so hard.

megamanx1979 said on January 17, 2012 at 1:27 p.m.

give me karin and sakura and that will make my day

Raven said on January 17, 2012 at 4:08 p.m.

Please....just get in the world warriors and let us get some alpha and third strike in the mixture.

In fact, a split between all of them would be beautiful.
I don't want a repeat of the cast from SFxT.

xXAngelBoyXx said on January 17, 2012 at 6:59 p.m.

@34 I feel ya bro