Capcom confirms support for the Stop Online Piracy Act

Posted by SFilp
January 4, 2012 at 2:22 p.m. PST
Capcom confirms support for the Stop Online Piracy Act In an email to Digital Trends, Capcom USA confirmed that they support the 'Stop Online Piracy Act.' If you don't know what SOPA is, you can refer to another Digital Trends article where Sony, EA and Nintendo drop their support of this legislation.

Capcom USA has confirmed with Digital Trends that it supports the contentious Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Nintendo, Sony, EA, and other members of the pro-SOPA Entertainment Software Association have so far remained silent on the issue.

Capcom USA supports the controversial ‘Stop Online Piracy Act,’ better known as SOPA, Digital Trends has confirmed. The endorsement verification follows a flurry of confusion surrounding support of the bill from other major game developers, including Nintendo, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Sony Online Entertainment and Electronic Arts.

Capcom, Nintendo, Sony, EA and 29 other game manufacturers are members of The Entertainment Software Association (ESA), a Washington D.C.-based advocacy group that regularly lobbies Congress on behalf of its members. The ESA has endorsed the bill, and appears on the House Judiciary Committee’s official list of SOPA supporters.

Last week, Business Insider erroneously reported that Nintendo, Sony and EA had quietly rescinded support of SOPA — a detail that Digital Trends, and hundreds of other publications repeated. The BI report was based on the fact that their names did not appear on an updated version of the Judiciary Committee’s official list of supporters. The problem is that their names never appeared on that list — only the ESA did — making their removal impossible.

For the full article check it out over on Digital Trends.

Capcom's Christian Svensson replied to a question about his thoughts on on a previous, similar bill titled S.978 on the Capcom-Unity forums.

Tip submitted by metalmusicman, Mazroth, Saxwolf, ferro and some anonymous submitters.

Comments

ZOMBIEMEGAMAN said on January 4, 2012 at 2:24 p.m.

ve12sus said on January 4, 2012 at 2:26 p.m.

This is terrible. I'm a huge Capcom fan and now I can't buy anything of theirs. SOPA is no joke folks.

Oroku_Saki said on January 4, 2012 at 2:26 p.m.

Time to send some more e-mails.
Already been sending them to the other ESA members.
SOPA is a piece of crap law.

houtori said on January 4, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.

CAPCOM STOP IT PLEASE. SOPA will totally kill the internet. I cannot even believe they think its a good idea. Just because SF4 got pirated sooo much on PC they think they should support this retarded act? There is plenty of other ways to stop piracy. Not SOPA. SOPA will kill thousands of sites! maybe even ones like event hubs! :O oh and just so capcom knows. If it were not for SF4 being free for PC. I never would have gotten hooked on this game in the first place, never would have bought my arcade sticks(2), or my copies of SFIII(2), SF4(4), fightpads(2), and all the merchandise I now own. If anything, easy access to that game only got capcom more money! I wish they would understand that. ALso, I know that is not the only reason they support SOPA, I'm just trying to make a point.

raven8200 said on January 4, 2012 at 2:32 p.m.

is anyone really surprised by this? especially after the drm capcom loves to put in its downloadable games, on disk dlc

GokaiGreen said on January 4, 2012 at 2:33 p.m.

LxCx said on January 4, 2012 at 2:34 p.m.

Piracy is a problem, but SOPA sure as hell isn't the answer. There are much better alternatives to protect your IP than giving corporations control over what sites are allowed to exist.

Armourx said on January 4, 2012 at 2:35 p.m.

Kind of funny, just this week bandai stopped their anime in the US (or something to that effect) because of online pracy. Hmm

xsickzackx said on January 4, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

i just tweeted ono. ha i dont know what else to do but this is some bull%%%% we should give hell to every company who has supported this tyrannical legislation

ItsMahveIBaby said on January 4, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

First Megaman, now this? Capcom is itchin for bankruptcy.

JDragonX said on January 4, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

Let's not forget that CAPCOM is a major corporation. A successful one at that. Of all the markets, the gaming market was the only one to not sink with the economy and instead floated above the rest.

This is not a surprise for me and SHOULD not be a surprise for you all. As much as I love their games, I can't say that I LOVE CAPCOM. Their interest is in their wallet.

SOPA sucks dick.

BestAlgorithm said on January 4, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.

I'm just gonna wait a week and buy SFxT used. No biggie.

RedCyclone said on January 4, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.

This is awful, we should boycott SFxT in protest.

Or if we really want to stick it to them, boycott a game people want to buy.

Seriously though, Capcom should be ashamed of themselves.

3DJr said on January 4, 2012 at 2:40 p.m.

I dont understand why Capcom would support it at all. The growth of the Capcom fighting community owes most of its efforts from streaming and video uploads.

Box, Cross Counter and Machinima would not have had a chance to get of the ground if SOPA was in effect back in the day. Future entertainment will be drastically handicaped if Capcom gets their way.

I didnt think Capcom would be this nearsighted, especially after commissoning Maxamillion to do his assist me videos for the UMVC3 new characters.

So stupid...

SAMURAI said on January 4, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.

I'm afraid my English is not good enough for this. I don't understand this.

darkneji said on January 4, 2012 at 2:48 p.m.

It's unfortunate that capcom supports sopa, however I can't say that it's all too surprising to hear considering the sheer amount of piracy occurring in the gaming market.

Hopefully the outrage that is sure to come from disgruntled fans and supporters (or ex-supporters) will get capcom to rethink their position on the bill.

Despite my disappointment on capcom's stance on sopa, they still make good games and unfortunately I still want to buy them which will support them even though they aren't supporting us.

h1tm0nl33 said on January 4, 2012 at 2:49 p.m.

I guess they REALLY don't need our money all that bad.

TheFluffyBunny said on January 4, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.

The reason why other ESA companies remain silent is because it's the smart thing to do. Capcom and the other three are the type of companies who welcome bad press days with open arms.

Well, at least we know where they stand on the issue, and that they are perfectly willing to piss off a large number of people who don't pirate their games if it means possibly making a few more dollars.

It comes off a bit hypocritical, considering how Capcom releases a full-priced beta for a game only to release the "real" game 9 months later. Capcom would be quick to tell you that they hate being robbed, and yet they seem to think their consumers love it.

Jedda678 said on January 4, 2012 at 2:52 p.m.

America is so stupid right now. Congress and other government officials don't listen to us anymore. They only are concerned about special interests groups who shell out the big bucks to get their attention. What's worse is that with the big election up this year you think they'd find ways to push this off or even edit it to appease us voters. They can get all the money they want, but they won't be in office again if they don't keep us happy.

DestinyZX1 said on January 4, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.

One more bad move that CAPCOM has done... and it's a really bad move to boot.

TheDoK666 said on January 4, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.

capcom supporting SOPA? let's boycott them!

NINJA said on January 4, 2012 at 2:54 p.m.

How can a company as experienced and as historic as Capcom support this bullsh-t. I bet this was some random suit there that decided this for himself.

Can't believe this.

Skeez said on January 4, 2012 at 2:55 p.m.

The irony is that studies have been done that show that piracy does next to no harm. In fact, in some cases, pirates actually HELP a company make more money.

To put so much effort into SOPA would seem pretty counter intuitive.

DarknessFallz said on January 4, 2012 at 2:57 p.m.

I'm not surprised by this considering Capcom has become a super money grubbing company. SOPA and the NDAA are such absurd affronts to the constitution its baffling.

error3 said on January 4, 2012 at 2:57 p.m.

canceled SFxT pre order

SHOGUN said on January 4, 2012 at 2:58 p.m.

Well since Obama already signed the bill for National Defense Authorization Act to be passed, it's more than likely this BS act is going to get passed too down the line. F*ckin lobbyists.

SAMURAI said on January 4, 2012 at 2:59 p.m.

Can someone explain in simple words what is going on? Why is this so bad? I really don't understand anything from this article.

VanZan said on January 4, 2012 at 3:02 p.m.

In the past i bought Capcom games.
Now i will pirate them.

Good job Capcom.

PokPok said on January 4, 2012 at 3:02 p.m.

Jesus what the hell are they doing?! SOPA will kill the internet also Anonymous can get behind their asses pretty quickly

Redrapper said on January 4, 2012 at 3:02 p.m.

In an email with Digital Trends, a spokeswoman for Capcom said only that, “The ESA represents us on these matters.”

^^ This is the extent of said e-mail that allegedly says Capcom blindly supports SOPA. They're response essentially is: Deal with the firm, not us. FYI, you should probably read the rest of the article, like the giant thing Christian Svennson wrote in regards to the anti streaming bill-- like him giving us click through licenses which would enable us to stream.

SHOGUN said on January 4, 2012 at 3:04 p.m.

In a nutshell, it could mean streams as we know them now or the archives we watch them on, on youtube or any other video containing copyrighted material, could cease to exist

GokaiGreen said on January 4, 2012 at 3:06 p.m.

Ett said on January 4, 2012 at 3:09 p.m.

As far as I know Atlus doesn´t support SOPA. Please Switch too KOFXIII.

akumous said on January 4, 2012 at 3:12 p.m.

I am not the least surprised and no one should be since Capcom went crazy over the premature release of Oni and Evil ryu and demanded the arcades to take them off. Companies, like Capcom, just want to control the internet and have us paying for everything.

The internet should be free because it educates us and create massive awareness. There is no clear solution to piracy and they probably will never will...companies should offer great value to their customers and stop with this DRM crap because it undermines the "paying customers."

SubhumanX said on January 4, 2012 at 3:12 p.m.

This makes me Sad.

LxCx said on January 4, 2012 at 3:12 p.m.

Regardless of how Capcom may assist us in terms of keeping us safe from issues with THEIR products, supporting SOPA in general is a very bad thing.

SOPA would affect much more than just my SF game, thank you very much.

J said on January 4, 2012 at 3:13 p.m.

Not buying a single Capcom product until they change their stance on this.

GokaiGreen said on January 4, 2012 at 3:17 p.m.

AnaboliChris said on January 4, 2012 at 3:18 p.m.

SOPA and NDAA are both very scary. I suggest everyone to keep an eye out for these two and keep up to date. NDAA years after years has been becoming more of a reality.

Both will take YOUR rights away. So much for living in the land of the free.

Gamogo said on January 4, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

lol Capcom. Merge with EA and get it over with.

Anomaly said on January 4, 2012 at 3:24 p.m.

"Stop Online Piracy Act" might sound like something for good intentions, but it's actually a bill that would give the government the power to censor anything on the internet without trial. So they can take down any website, video, or image that they don't agree with. This would give them control over the biggest outlet for the flow of information, which is a pretty scary thought.

SAMURAI said on January 4, 2012 at 3:30 p.m.

@ 31 & 41

Thanks guys.
Streams, archives and even youtube replays could be forbidden? Damn, that sucks.

FightThePower said on January 4, 2012 at 3:35 p.m.

I want to say something to you all but it's a waste of my time it really is so good luck crying like 3 year olds that all I got to say sadly and don't say I'm defending SOPA because I'm not if you do BURN IN HELL yes I mean it.

YUENNN said on January 4, 2012 at 3:37 p.m.

Major League Gaming removed themselves off of GoDaddy's servers because they support SOPA. By Capcom "agreeing" with this act, what does this say for this site, Gamebattles and SRK?

This type of crap is something from a bad nightmare.

efehs said on January 4, 2012 at 3:38 p.m.

screw capcom, I'm buying Mortal Kombat

ShadowoftheDarkgod said on January 4, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.

Sons
Of the
Patriots
Act

Times has changed...

Gamogo said on January 4, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.

SOPA seems to me wholly unconstitutional in the United States. The idea of this actually being passed strikes me as pretty remote to be honest, no matter how many big players stamp their feet and argue for the continuation of dated and archaic business and distribution models.

For this to even be enacted suggests a pretty big shake-up is coming in the form of amendments and so on. It also seems to be a very caged-in concept, which will mote in US-centric internet activity (and all the media and so on that comes with it) big time. Sounds to me like a gigantic pain in the ass and definitely goes against a lot of the USA's founding principles.

That's not to say there isn't some serious issues pertaining to copyright theft and so on online, but I think this needs a much more thorough dialogue before these knee-jerk sledge-hammer policies get pitched at a clearly ignorant congress and an equally confused general public.

FightThePower said on January 4, 2012 at 3:42 p.m.

@GokaiGreen Stop Trying to be funny it makes you look stupid
@32 Good to know you suck dick :) even thought I love Atlas and that game I don't suck dick just saying sorry NOW I'm done.

bagumain said on January 4, 2012 at 3:43 p.m.

Just canceled my preorder for the collector's edition of SFxTekken. I'll be pirating the game now, Capcom (not joking, promise). Nice work! I'll also be pirating all other major Capcom releases, including Resident Evil: Raccoon City, as well as ones I never intended to play otherwise (Asura's Wrath).

If Capcom cared about its fans, they would pressure the ESA to stop supporting SOPA. But, in reality, they actually don't care for much more than the money--they'll pretend to care about the fans when it's convenient and is easy PR, but apart from that, when it comes to something major, forget about it.

AnaboliChris said on January 4, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.

Vote with your wallets everyone. You'll have to put aside that precious game and think about the future. Dont support a company(ies) that will essentially take away our rights if SOPA and/or NDAA pass.

Buying a game(s) and supporting a company that wants to remove your rights is wrong.

I know it isnt easy but keep in mind whats more important:
A game that will temporarily fill your want

or your internet rights.

SAMURAI said on January 4, 2012 at 3:51 p.m.

Same with SFxT. No one wanted those gems. But Capcom knows they'll make money with those gems. And everyone WILL buy that game and all the downloadable gems.

I'm boycotting that game. I only buy Street Fighter.

Stitchlink said on January 4, 2012 at 3:52 p.m.

Looks like I'm going to KOF. F-ck Capcom

Youone said on January 4, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.

Goiko84 said on January 4, 2012 at 3:59 p.m.

Theyre doing this cause some people are trying to sell game footage like those fools at cross counter they should go after them

GokaiGreen said on January 4, 2012 at 3:59 p.m.

bananainsaneface said on January 4, 2012 at 4 p.m.

"The problem is that Capcom can do whatever it wants. They release MvC3, everyone buys it, a few months later they release UMvC3 and guess what? Everyone buys it. "

UMvC3 did horrible in sales. Not everyone will buy their BS.

AnaboliChris said on January 4, 2012 at 4:02 p.m.

SAMURAI, it really isnt that hard to boycott a game when something doesnt please you.

I've been a long time fan of SOCOM from ps2 days bought all from Socom 1 to Confrontation on Ps3. The recent Socom 4 game was total garbage and stole a lot of mindless game elements from CoD series which did not please me.

Result was: I never bought the game even though I was a Socom fan. Though I will look forward to Socom 5 if announced and if a lot of game issues has been addressed.

Point is, its not that hard to not buy a game! You are not missing out on anything! Dont feel like your missing out if you dont buy SFxT. If you dont like it, dont be forced to buy it just because the majority might buy it or pros will be buying it.

The pro players will def buy it because they compete and make money playing video games. Dont let them influence you.

neon6 said on January 4, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

Copyright holders already can prosecute people who are using their IP's without their permission, this law just makes it so the copyright holders have a little bit more backbone in case. The way I look at the law is, if you aren't hosting the master server of a pirate site like TPB or Kickasstorrents or anything like that, then what do you have to worry about? The law only effects people who *HOST* the actual pirate sites.

neon6 said on January 4, 2012 at 4:06 p.m.

The government is not going to kick in your door if you're hosting the master server of some big name pirate site, you'll just get sued for X amount of dollars by company X and the U.S. government will just get a court order against the website/s and shut down the site and it's financial activities. But you're turning this into this big authoritarian conspiracy where children get thrown in the slammer for doing a playthrough of Mario, and that's just complete and utter hogwash. You're either a shameless liar or an imbecile with a big mouth.

Vandal_Vortex said on January 4, 2012 at 4:06 p.m.

when I get a better pc, I'm most likely going to pirate because 1. I'm not wasting any money on something potentially sh*t like asura's wrath and dmc

Vandal_Vortex said on January 4, 2012 at 4:07 p.m.

and 2. I don't like wasting money in general

ilitirit said on January 4, 2012 at 4:11 p.m.

I just logged in to say fck Capcom USA.

kakashiisagod said on January 4, 2012 at 4:15 p.m.

Megaman doesn't support SOPA, look what happened to him. But seriously, many of the corporations mentioned are control freaks and they put Dlc on the disc. The viral marketing that places like Youtube and twitter have given these companies can and will be destroyed by SOPA . They will only hurt themselves by supporting this bill. If your on the fence about this bill read up on it, its scary stuff.

AnaboliChris said on January 4, 2012 at 4:16 p.m.

"Megaman doesn't support SOPA, look what happened to him."

Lol'd, cheers.

EnsignHiro said on January 4, 2012 at 4:16 p.m.

capcom is so stupid why support something that will in the end make them lose even MORE MONEY?! seriously at least Sony who got hacked a bunch of times and nintendo who also got hacked last year stopped supporting SOPA. honestly i highly doubt the bill will pass and even if it does expect many anti sopa like methods to surface the internet. I can tolerate the trolling they do to hype games and all but this time i really disagree entirely with them supporting SOPA. its ok to add ways to stop piracy by adding anti piracy ways on your game disks and what not but when you try censoring the internet your going too far as NOBODY owns the internet!

EG2 said on January 4, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.

"Everyone posted is a retard, Capcom is a member of ESA (ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE ASSOCIATION) they are the ones who are supporting SOPA."

Sorry, but you are. You said it yourself. They are a member of the organization that supports it. That's all there is to know. Until they drop membership, ESA represents their voice, and ESA is in favor of SOPA. If they're against SOPA, they're more than welcome to drop out. Until they do, their support is implicit by being a member.

hey said on January 4, 2012 at 4:20 p.m.

Not okay. At all.

#59 - You obviously haven't read the bill. It's not about legally going after piracy. It's about giving media companies the ability to wipe domain names off the map by merely making a copyright claim against, with no due process or ability to respond. In other words, someone in these comments could merely link to copyrighted material and that could be used to delete the eventhubs.com domain from the record so people are unable to access it unless they know the server ip directly.

bahamutknightzero said on January 4, 2012 at 4:21 p.m.

Out of all these posts, #53 is the only one that seems to know what the hell is going on.

To everyone else, READ CAREFULLY!

BloodyNights said on January 4, 2012 at 4:23 p.m.

I also logged in to say F*#k Capcom USA

bahamutknightzero said on January 4, 2012 at 4:23 p.m.

#66 Way to be mature there. It's not as easy as breaking off from the ESA.

lorcraven said on January 4, 2012 at 4:28 p.m.

lol ironically i am now tempted to start pirating and sticking to pre owned capcom games now out of spite, but yes im sure as many people have already mentioned, piracy is bad, SOPA is worse, and will not affect piracy that much, pirates will just have to work a little harder, piratebay isn't the only source of illegal software you know.

To recap, pirates not too worried bout SOPA, legitimate buisness and the general public are afraid of it, real backwards goverment we have.

Hakansoilbarrel said on January 4, 2012 at 4:29 p.m.

(Woah, woah, woah kids. Some people said they're never supporting capcom again, or going to pirate, or going to switch companies. Slow your roll and give Capcom a proper chance to respond.

PS: I'm clueless, summaries would be nice....)

AnaboliChris said on January 4, 2012 at 4:34 p.m.

SOPA's real intent is to control the internet. Its secondary resulting effect is removing piracy.

SaitoKojima said on January 4, 2012 at 4:36 p.m.

I guess SFxT and Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS will be my last purchases towards this company, for sure now.

Unless they truly revive the Megaman franchise, those two games are the only thing this company has left, in my eyes. Cause we sure as hell aren't getting any new Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Rival Schools or an actually GOOD DarkStalkers any time soon. (We all know that the new DarkStalkers is gonna be just as flawed as these past few fighters Capcom's been making. And heck, I'm only getting SFxT because I am using it as their final chance before I say "Forget this company" and move on to better stuff for good like KOF.)
inb4kofsuckzcomments

SuperStraightFighter said on January 4, 2012 at 4:39 p.m.

@53, @70

ESA also listed EA and Sony Entertainment as members on their site but the two companies droped support for SOPA act, can you explain whats going on there because I really dont understand?

Beta8 said on January 4, 2012 at 4:39 p.m.

I just canceled my preorder for Steet Fighter X Tekken...

Phynx said on January 4, 2012 at 4:41 p.m.

EA, Sony and Nintendo have all backed off from supporting SOPA, contrary to the post.

SuperStraightFighter said on January 4, 2012 at 4:43 p.m.

Also Nintendo is part of ESA but they droped out of support for SOPA as well, so Capcom's support for SOPA solely because they are part of the ESA doesnt make sense to me.

Alfrebaut said on January 4, 2012 at 4:44 p.m.

Welp, I guess it's time to learn KOF.

SuperStraightFighter said on January 4, 2012 at 4:46 p.m.

@Neon6

You really need to do some research about this bill, it has a greater effect to the internet than you thought.

Bleeble said on January 4, 2012 at 4:46 p.m.

As much as I love capcom they have just been screwing up major lately.

Graphf said on January 4, 2012 at 4:47 p.m.

SuperStraightFighter said on January 4, 2012 at 4:50 p.m.

I personally would not purchase future Capcom products including sf x tekken until they stop supporting this bill, I however will enjoy the stuff I already purchased like sf4.

Chronoless said on January 4, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.

I think Capcom thinks that supporting this bill will allow them to gain more money because they didn't make enough money when they release patched games, because people would just download them instead. Well I think Capcom just need to learn to use DLC or finish games instead of giving their fans a haft ass not completed game in the first place.

LxCx said on January 4, 2012 at 4:58 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYg... i'll just leave this here.

Mistermind said on January 4, 2012 at 4:59 p.m.

Capcom is a corporation, and as any other corporation in the entertainment industry, they will support SOPA. This will be a huge battle between corporations and users. Here:
TotalBiscuit opinion will clarify any doubts you still might have.

TomBadguy said on January 4, 2012 at 5:11 p.m.

SAMURAI said on January 4, 2012 at 5:15 p.m.

Let's support SNK and ask for

SAMURAI said on January 4, 2012 at 5:16 p.m.

Let's support SNK and ask for a new Samurai Shodown in 2D.

J_Tier said on January 4, 2012 at 5:25 p.m.

Bad move.

I am disappointed.

EG2 said on January 4, 2012 at 5:53 p.m.

"Boo Capcom! This really disappoints me. I'm like half tempted to stop playing Capcom. Damn, what a drag."

Hal-tempted? Sounds like you'll show 'em.

Seriously, read up on this bill before blowing this off. It's actually very alarming.

HellaDarknEvil said on January 4, 2012 at 5:56 p.m.

Other well known companies that are members of the ESA are:

Disney Interactive Studios, Inc.
Eidos Interactive
Electronic Arts
Epic Games, Inc.
Konami Digital Entertainment
Microsoft Corporation
Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Natsume Inc.
Nintendo of America Inc.
SEGA of America, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Tecmo Koei America Corporation
THQ, Inc.
Ubisoft Entertainment, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Just Capcom though right?

JEABOI said on January 4, 2012 at 6 p.m.

Actually, EA, Sony, and Nintendo withdrew support.

Let's hope all other game companies withdraw too. I couldn't care less about Capcom to be honest and they would be easy to boycott, their games have been lackluster as of late and the only Capcom game I'm excited about is a collection of 3 older PS2 games that I've beaten before.

kazukifafner said on January 4, 2012 at 6:08 p.m.

1) Capcom is getting attention at this moment because they confirmed their support recently. It's got nothing to do with other companies, so there is no reason to bring them up.

2) Capcom is getting attention because they specifically confirmed that they support SOPA. Other companies that are a part of the same organization may have either withdrawn support or have simply remained silent on the issue.

HellaDarknEvil said on January 4, 2012 at 6:09 p.m.

Sony, EA and Nintendo are still members of the ESA, therefore they still support SOPA.

HellaDarknEvil said on January 4, 2012 at 6:12 p.m.

That's confirmation? lol

kazukifafner said on January 4, 2012 at 6:15 p.m.

Incorrect. The are a part of an association that, at present, supports SOPA as a whole.

However, that does not mean that all entities that make up the association will support the measure. In fact, the more companies that do withdraw support of SOPA, the higher the likelihood that ESA will as well.

An association is made up of companies. The companies involved do have power, especially if many of them (especially big companies) are in agreement on an issue.

kazukifafner said on January 4, 2012 at 6:18 p.m.

Not only is that confirmation. That is irrefutable confirmation, unless that Capcom claims that the spokeswoman no longer represents them.

The ESA's current stance, as a whole, is that it supports SOPA. For Capcom to say that "ESA represents us on these matters" means that they support SOPA.

Southeasternoil said on January 4, 2012 at 6:20 p.m.

Capcom I am disappoint. Back out of ESA unless you want someone get Ultradavid to write the flaws and stupidity of the Bill. No where in the Bill did they mention any long-lasting solution (and by long-lasting I mean more than a week at best) to its original intention of eliminating piracy and copyright infringement. If anything, it is counter-intuitive, counter-productive and will also f*ck up the rest of the world.

dietsunkists2 said on January 4, 2012 at 6:23 p.m.

Load more comments