Posted by SFilp • March 1, 2012 at 12:14 p.m. PST
Updated:Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 patch for PC out now for GFWL and Steam Updated: The patch went live on Steam a little bit ago, this is a 27.3 MB file and shouldn't take too long to download. If you're signed into Steam it will automatically download the patch so just launch your Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edison v2012 and enjoy.

The Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 patch for PC is out now on Games For Windows live.

GregaMan over on Capcom-Unity made a short blog detailing that the Steam users will have to wait until Thursday March 1, 2012 to get the patch.

Sven also noted that the PC update will have all other bug fixes. Which likely means it will include the recent patch v1.07.

Tip submitted by wesir, viku911, SleepySam, BlankaBeast, Linker, hammerboxes, gtfopanda, stahndymlos, necreon and a bunch of anonymous readers.

Comments

Jordouche said on February 28, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

I still have no idea why this took so long.

gtfopanda said on February 28, 2012 at 2:18 p.m.

@ #1

Official reason: PC devs were working on SFxT. Also, they wanted to include the latest patch (1.07), and that slowed them down.

Unofficial reason: they don't give a damn about PC.

Eodbot said on February 28, 2012 at 2:22 p.m.

Phynx said on February 28, 2012 at 2:33 p.m.

I'm a steam user, does that mean I'll be incompatible if I try to play online right now?

YaK99 said on February 28, 2012 at 2:34 p.m.

come on why do we steam users have to wait steam uses gfwl too just fudging update the thing

Omochao said on February 28, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.

@4 I'm also a steam user :P I tried to play a player with the update and my game crashed. You can only play other steam players atm :(.

@5 Because sometimes Steam games have a different file structure from the non-Steam version so they need to make a separate version that works properly with Steam.

RedRapperSux said on February 28, 2012 at 2:41 p.m.

Took long enough and now I hardly even care.

alfarin said on February 28, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.

Just downloaded it, certainly a sizeable patch. Took a while to download, whereas 360 version took a minute or two

kietbull said on February 28, 2012 at 3:04 p.m.

I have this error:
gfwl failed installing update, see log?

Please help me, what do I do now? :(

pics: http://ni8.upanh.com/b4.s24.d2/94b985...

CyberAthlete said on February 28, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

For the steam users just pirate the game and use your steam key with the gfwl version and there ya go

obscura9 said on February 28, 2012 at 3:57 p.m.

Dessloch said on February 28, 2012 at 4:05 p.m.

@9 : Just open that log file in a text editor, it will tell you how to fix it. The reason is it cannot find your game path. For my part, i launched a 'cmd' prompt and type "C:\Users\MYSELF\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\43430fa0\Content\setup.exe" /f "C:\Games\Super Street Fighter IV". Hope this helps

kietbull said on February 28, 2012 at 5:52 p.m.

@10: thanks for your tip, let me try.

paul0289 said on February 28, 2012 at 11:48 p.m.

Can someone give me the installation files for the SSFIVAE Ver. 2012? Right now, I'm having problems with our home network and I have no choice but to get the installation files from another PC.

I really want to play Ver. 2012 now but since our home network is having some problems, I can't get the update via GFWL and my only choice is to download it from someone who have downloaded it.

Thanks.

caruga said on February 29, 2012 at 2:26 a.m.

When this came out on console several people thought Cammy could do her cannonstrikes lower, though that was proven to be false. Now I'm perceiving the same thing. I'm wondering if it's possible they widened the buffer window so that you can be looser in your timing while getting the move out lower and/or not whiffing it and getting a kick instead. Either that or i'm just a suggestable person.

ShO said on February 29, 2012 at 4:26 a.m.

The SSF4AE2010 steam arena was a desert yesterday...

DarkSamus said on February 29, 2012 at 6:31 a.m.

Thats because the PC patch has all the other 3 released patches content in it as well.

DarkSamus said on February 29, 2012 at 7:01 a.m.
Smeghead said on February 29, 2012 at 12:01 p.m.

Is it just me, or is there a large performance decrease when you throw a fireball? My game used to run perfectly, now the FPS very visibly drops to about 20fps when a fireball hits the opponent.

kennylovesyou said on February 29, 2012 at 4:18 p.m.

@12 @18 thanks .. i've updated my steam version to 2012!
YAY! time for bed now lol!

Eodbot said on March 1, 2012 at 12:31 p.m.

BlankaBeast said on March 1, 2012 at 12:35 p.m.

NICE

PC!

Smileymike101 said on March 1, 2012 at 1:02 p.m.

Ughh.....Dudley's Forward Fierce is bugged here, so I take it's not actually the latest latest patch, and merely the 2012 update?

BlankaBeast said on March 1, 2012 at 1:09 p.m.

@23 its 1.06

You can tell by the folder name.

brasssmunkye said on March 1, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.

oh cool, so they FINALLY give us 2012, and we don't even have the latest revision... :/

BlankaBeast said on March 1, 2012 at 1:34 p.m.

Yea but i'd rather get this one right now, then wait another 2 weeks for 1.07. They might just give us 1.07 later.

RedRapperSux said on March 1, 2012 at 2 p.m.

Glad to see everyone is getting the patch. My steam still shows regular AE and no signs of getting the patch any time soon. I don't do hash tags ever but I feel lame enough to do it today. #typical

hey said on March 1, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.

Yeah, the latest files say 1.06. Oh, Capcom. I'm glad to have 2012 finally, but this is just silly.

Incognitodies said on March 1, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.

Zzzzzzzzzz ETA on 1.07 please

JIHADJOE said on March 1, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.

woohoo

Damodar said on March 1, 2012 at 8:49 p.m.

Saying that part of the reason for the delay is so they can get all those bugfixes in there and have it in line with the other versions, then just straight up not having those bugfixes in there. So classy.

Damodar said on March 1, 2012 at 11:51 p.m.

Also, the article says "Arcade Edison" lolololol Personally, I'm waiting for the Arcade Tesla update.

fgclolz said on March 2, 2012 at 1:48 a.m.

And Sven had the f-in audacity to proclaim the PC versions of their SF4 games as the superior versions? GTFO and superior my @$$!!!!!!

Quakeulf said on March 2, 2012 at 5:01 a.m.

I got it working on my PC last night. It was tremendous. :3