Posted by Jonathan 'Catalyst' Grey • December 28, 2012 at 11:40 a.m. PST
If Capcom vs. SNK 3 happens it won't be soon - PC SFxT players may have 'interesting news' regarding price of DLC characters Capcom continues to say a Capcom vs. SNK 3 title won't happen any time soon, this is despite the PS2 version of the game being re-released here in the states in the near future, along with Capcom Fighting Evolution.

All news wasn't bad though, at least if you happen to own the PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken, as Christian Svensson noted that they may have some "interesting news" for existing owners soon.

Adrian: Will Capcom vs. SNK 3 ever come out or SVC Chaos 2?

Svensson: Ever is such a very, very long time. I can say, if it happens, it won't be soon though.

Gohan16ken: Does Capcom Japan talk to Capcom USA? Even though I am excited to hear that Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Capcom Fighting Evolution will be re-release digitally as a PlayStation 2 classic, I am a little bewildered as to how it came about based on past comments.

Svensson: We communicate ALL the time, however the folks responsible for PS2 re-releases on PSN and Wii Virtual Console operate a bit separately from everything else. We don't have as clear communications as other areas of the business.

Ignss: Will the DLC characters for the PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken be free?

Svensson: Not free, but we'll have hopefully some interesting news for existing SFxT PC owners soon on that front.

Source: Capcom Forums.

Comments

DustinFong said on December 28, 2012 at 12:42 p.m.

"Will the DLC characters for the PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken be free?"

Doubt Capcom reads this, but if they were free, I'd buy the PC version... the next time it's 75% off.

Catalyst said on December 28, 2012 at 12:44 p.m.

@DustinFong

Capcom tends to run some pretty nice deals on their DLC for the PC, especially in regards to the costumes for SF4. They'll probably offer some really good prices on stuff via Steam or other avenues with time for SFxT.

Druz said on December 28, 2012 at 12:49 p.m.

So... pc players still heave to wait for news?? when will we get the godamann patch and the dlcs ... its almost 2013, dont forgetting the crap net code that pc version has

Schwoi said on December 28, 2012 at 12:49 p.m.

I just want less teleports in sfxt...

DustinFong said on December 28, 2012 at 12:53 p.m.

@Catalyst:

I almost pulled the trigger on SFxT PC when it was $12 or so during the Steam sale. But with the PC-specific issues it has right now, plus the who-knows-how-much-it-will-cost character DLC, I couldn't justify it.

Capcom should be clearer with their intentions. I have no doubt that it's costing them potential sales.

Meety said on December 28, 2012 at 12:55 p.m.

Don't expect Capcom to always have their characters from DLC free. They do need the money and sometimes with that, they might give good stuff after enough payments.

BlankaBeast said on December 28, 2012 at 12:59 p.m.

Like I said..

PC will be the best version once its all updated, only thing is it takes more time.

RunningWild said on December 28, 2012 at 1:15 p.m.

badjab326 said on December 28, 2012 at 1:23 p.m.

I think the new all Capcom fighter should replace CvS games rather than the Marvel series. Capcom has tons of characters and different systems to base grooves or isms on.

BUYACUSHUN said on December 28, 2012 at 1:34 p.m.

same thing here. SFxT on pc sounded so good until i remembered what that entailed exactly. Questioning whether or not it will ever be as good as on consoles.

CyberAthlete said on December 28, 2012 at 1:39 p.m.

@8 hahaha what is that beast.

Batsu said on December 28, 2012 at 1:52 p.m.

This is good, I want to REALLY want CVS3. Right now, I'm just not feeling anymore SF and Crossovers.

DarkRyu94 said on December 28, 2012 at 2:03 p.m.

If CVS3 was going to happen I would want the awesome Groove Selecting from CVS2 with KOF XIII art style and TONS OF FEATURES. A story mode would be lovely or even indivual character story's like Tekken 5... Why do no fighting games do that anymore? :(

gluemchen said on December 28, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.

SFxT on PC right now is a piece of trash..... except for single player training mode.... which i care less for. Fighting games are for playing against other people and for the majority of us out there its playing online. And with how the PC version stands now with all the bugs and lack of functionality aswell as stability. I`d say capcom missed the PC train ride here. People have been waiting for patch updates for a long time. And just because it seems convinient to then now that they can do a patch fest for multi plattform does not justify how they just tossed the PC community out of the window for this time span. With that said Capcom can shove their **** where it belongs.

KissofPoison said on December 28, 2012 at 2:52 p.m.

I swear capcom is just a bunch of mother-f'ers. This is the last game I buy of theirs. I don't play pc games so I still get the shaft with console xbox.

They are completely, delusional. Rewarding those late to the game or on a certain console is total crap.

Aqua said on December 28, 2012 at 3:14 p.m.

patch v1.06 for SFxT PC sits here for 3 weeks now: http://download.xbox.com/content/4343...

i don't understand why it is not deployed yet.. this is some surreal bullcrap

Murdurus said on December 28, 2012 at 3:27 p.m.

I almost bought SFxT on PC during the Steam sale, then I read about how terrible the online play is. Then there is the extremely important 2013 patch that isn't even released yet for console so who knows when PC is going to get it. I don't even think PC got the first patch yet. On top of that, I would have to (or more like want to) purchase the DLC characters so that's more money.

So until Capcom decides to guarantee us a date on these fixes (or is even working on fixing them) and pricing on DLC characters, I probably won't ever get this game as tempted as I was originally to buy this game when I first heard it was another fighting game out for PC.

strider2k2 said on December 28, 2012 at 3:34 p.m.

Reading this news regarding SFxT PC is utter bullcrap. I don't even own the PC version and I can already sense the frustration from the PC playerbase. At the very least, the DLC should be free. It's bad enough the game is being trashed on the consoles. If it's not free, they should at least offer a hint on the potential price point so that people that are waiting for it, don't have to give up their hopes. Even a simple thing like releasing a patch for this buggy piece of software is like pulling teeth.

Capcom can stick it where the sun don't shine. They obviously don't give a damn about PC gamers. Stop supporting them.

julito427 said on December 28, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.

^ A dark hole?

TrueGamingGuru said on December 28, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.

Almost all of these people that make these comments should have NO RIGHT, NOR ENTITLEMENT TO EVERYTHING.

With PC in general, its really Microsoft that has control over the PC and Capcom needs to get through Microsoft in order to install the patches.

Also People have no entitlement for free DLC, because DLC is always meant to be paid because thats Sony & Microsoft policy, the only way you guys can do is accept the business practice of what the gaming market do in general and DLC will always be paid until if Sony & Microsoft falls apart. Every gaming company (including Capcom) follows the DLC practice even if you guys hate it.

RoanHen said on December 28, 2012 at 7:54 p.m.

CvS 3 would be awesome.

TLADGhost said on December 29, 2012 at 2:16 a.m.

microsoft's gfwl is a trash, patch is live but not live, WTF!!! o_0

YanDaMan said on December 29, 2012 at 3:21 a.m.

No CVS3 anytime soon?

Guess that means there won't be a instant-buy fighting game out of Capcom for a while then.

sxvdweiloijsdf said on December 29, 2012 at 6:01 a.m.

cmonandslam said on December 29, 2012 at 9:04 a.m.

You're an idiot. If people pay $40 or whatever on a game, then they are entitled to whatever the hell they want. Entitlement only became a "bad" thing when morons like you use the word to defend companies for some reason even though they're giving you a shoddy product.

Patches are Microsoft's fault? Are you high? You fail to realize that if Capcom went with anything other than GFWL, they would have patches out whenever they want for free. So no, Capcom doesn't get any sympathy for being lazy.

This new breed of gamers who vehemently defend companies when they screw them over are a cancer. It's like an abused wife who keeps defending her husband. It's pathetic.

EG2 said on December 29, 2012 at 12:57 p.m.

@ #16 &17. Capcom deserves part of the blame, but MS does as well. The fact that it has been sitting on Microsoft's server for three weeks is due to MS's terrible patching process. It's been out of Capcom's hand and in MS's sitting there waiting for MS to push it out officially. Capcom can't guarantee a release date. If they do and MS sits on it longer, people would be pissed, so they have to sit and wait. MS is the one to blame from the time Capcom submitted it to now. Pretty much every GFWL PC patch goes through this MS limbo process once it's on their server. The holidays probably didn't help.

Then again maybe Capcom deserves all the blame for going with GFWL to begin with. I think DMC and RE6 being Steam only is a result of Capcom being just as frustrated with this ridiculous certification process and they're realizing GFWL patching issues are not worth the ease of porting from the 360.

Phynx said on December 29, 2012 at 1:44 p.m.

I think you're confusing entitlement with smart consumerism.

TrueGamingGuru said on December 29, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.

@25 Here read this link:

I'm not defending the business practice nor am siding with Anti Capcom idiots or people that hate on disc DLC.

There is pieces of info that I know better than anyone eles.

I got certain info that Capcom needs to talk with Microsoft for the PC patches, read #26 I bet he knows something.

If you want details about PC patches, I can find it.

Heres another info, when comes to DLC its always has to paid because Sony & Microsoft wants their share of the profit when comes to their stores.

Murdurus said on December 29, 2012 at 3:37 p.m.

Although I agree that Microsoft should take fault in the delayed patches, it should also be part of Capcom's responsibility to do their consumers right by either pushing them to get the patches out when it needs to be or stop doing business with them. You wouldn't hire someone and keep them when they're late every day, would you? I know I wouldn't.

In addition to that, I still haven't heard of any mention about fixing the online play. So unless this patch that's been sitting on Microsoft's desk is a fix to that, I can't imagine letting Capcom get away clean either.

To be clear, I'm not a Capcom hater, in fact, I appreciate the fact that they are releasing games for PC rather than letting us rot. However, I feel like that if they are going to support PC players, then they should do us right also; there's no point in giving us a shoddy product and then expect us to just live with it. It not only makes us angry and makes us seem incredibly ungrateful when the patches/fixes aren't coming out when they need to be (no one wants to play a broken game) but it also makes them look bad as a company.

SkllXMnky said on December 29, 2012 at 7:24 p.m.

>Tired of Street Fighter and Crossovers
>Wants CVS3
Kappa

therealist1991 said on December 30, 2012 at 12:12 p.m.

Capcom vs snk 3: looks like Street fighter 4 with other
capcom characters as well as SNK Characters.

SVC CHAOS 2: Kof XIII with street fighter characters.

maybe they might reboot street fighter like they did DMC ???

neogm said on December 30, 2012 at 11:43 p.m.

FOR PETITION CAPCOM VS SNK 3 PLEASE JOIN HERE http://www.facebook.com/PetitionForCa...

Yaiba4869 said on January 25, 2013 at 5:42 a.m.

Please, dont scare me with something like a reboot of Street Fighter...