Over 3 hours of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Gameacho matches - tons of footage featuring Bullet and many returning characters

Posted by DreamKing23
December 12, 2012 at 9 a.m. PST
Looking to check out the latest installment in the Blazblue series before it reaches the states? Gameacho has got you covered with this 3 hour compilation of high level BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma match footage.

Featured here are many of your favorite returning characters such as Hakumen, Jin, Hazama, Litchi and more. We even get a great look at Bullet and some of the things she is capable of.

Tip by JN00b312.

Comments

BionicRebel said on December 12, 2012 at 9:20 a.m.

This game looks so awesome!!! So hyped for it, too bad however i never played any BlazBlue games so I most likely will have a hard time learning it.. So used to Street Fighter and mainly UMvC3 and from what I've been told BlazBlue isn't anything like it and a lot harder.. hmmm, amazing graphics though!!!

Megaphone said on December 12, 2012 at 9:58 a.m.

Awesome! I've been following Chrono Phantasma for a while, every character still plays like you remember them, but they all now have additional moves and different priorities.

There's a channel on YouTube that has hundreds of matches from semi-pro / pro players in Japan. They've been uploading the videos directly from niconico (Japan's Youtube). If you want to check out some of their huge playlists - give this channel a look!:

TaoTuna said on December 12, 2012 at 10:09 a.m.

Blazblue has been revamped so it will be as much a learning experience for new-comers as vets. The game can be more closely related to UMvC3 then SF do to the game being more about spacing then footsies, minus the randomness of assist characters. Still, the game is closer to street fighter in terms of technicality (punishing, frame traps, mix-ups).

I'm looking forward to it as well, been playing the same character since the beginning and can't wait to try out new mix-ups.

Hypermarth said on December 12, 2012 at 10:11 a.m.

That Rachel at the end of the video. She is capable of so much swag xD

genocide_cutter said on December 12, 2012 at 10:16 a.m.

Im checking for this

iag25 said on December 12, 2012 at 10:23 a.m.

looks really good... can't wait for the console release

Chrisuchiwa said on December 12, 2012 at 10:25 a.m.

#1, It is true that it is harder than most of capcom fighters but I ensure you that when you will try the game, if you like some deep games, you will just love it.
The netcode is one of the best and all the characters are pretty unique.

Rainierman said on December 12, 2012 at 10:26 a.m.

@1 You can find Extend for less than 20$ now. It does come with a recap of the first game so, you should consider getting it because it's all you can need to get into it.

Anyways, really looking forward for this one. x) CS blew my mind and I can't wait for CP to do the same.

JdotSweapA said on December 12, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.

Haven't played BB since Continuum shift. Hopefully it wont take a year longer to come out in EU, might be a day-one buy for me ^_^

DivinePhoenix69 said on December 12, 2012 at 1:25 p.m.

Definite day one for me, been waiting for CP for awhile.Even though im not that good in BB, i actually want to get good in this one, looking to main either izayoi or bullet, while subbing Hazama.

Tensa said on December 12, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.

yeah I am thinking about using Litchi an Izayoi they both look sick

MuMuGuy said on December 12, 2012 at 1:51 p.m.

The hit sound effect sucks in this game. It sounds like people are swatting each other with stacks of paper, which would only work if Phoenix Wright somehow became a guest DLC character for this game.

Its nice to know that the sound effects took a considerable step back.

SuperStraightFighter said on December 12, 2012 at 2:19 p.m.

The combos in this game is similar to Marvel in that both lasts like 3 pages of inputs, whats different is that Blazblue combos are more difficult and requires actually precise timing than Marvel where you could mash things out, however once you can pull off a long combo in Blazblue consistently, it's the most rewarding experience ever, not to mention the 2d sprite is simply beautiful. BTW buy GGXXAC plus lol.

Rainierman said on December 12, 2012 at 4:45 p.m.

Uh, weird. Just for the record, I have a completely opposite opinion of this game from #13's. This game feels much, much easier to me input wise than any other game.

And I actually had a lot of trouble with MvC3.

H3XxMAjiN said on December 12, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.

is it me or the combos are much faster than the other bb games?

Oniros said on December 12, 2012 at 5:28 p.m.

Will get the Super Duper Extended Remix 2013 version with all the DLC included once it hits $20.

BlackReaper201 said on December 12, 2012 at 5:37 p.m.

Fairly certain he wasn't referring to easy mode characters in BB, but more difficult ones.

GaryTheStreamMonster said on December 12, 2012 at 6:22 p.m.

@15 It's not just you. Two changes regarding that

1. Hitstop on all moves have been halved
2. Combos have been shortened
3. The way move proration works has been changed so it's a bit harder to get extended loops

These changes were put in place to speed up the game. As well as other changes put in place to crank up the aggression

BUYACUSHUN said on December 12, 2012 at 6:47 p.m.

@18 I don't know why but i feel you are talking sexy to me.

Soloxreborn said on December 12, 2012 at 9:28 p.m.

I wonder what the tier list will look like after this month xD

Rin_Nakaret said on December 12, 2012 at 9:59 p.m.

@14 @13
BB has a lot of micro dash, dash timing, instant air dash and tiger knee stuff inside combos, something that doesn't exist in marvel. Without talking about the pro ration, you can't just learn 1 big combo and use it all the time like marvel (well it's not exactly that in marvel either, but you gat my point).
It's just completly different when it comes to moving around and comboing, you can't say it's harder or easier, it's a lot more complicated than this ;).

When it comes to footies, moving around and use your character's solutions to solve the matchup problem, this game is so goddamn deep... it's not just soulfisting the whole planet if you see what i mean :p (what a bad troll i am).

Can't wait to play this new bb, he looks like the good mix between gg and bb to me. Not as hard as guilty, but not as slow as the current bb.

TaoTuna said on December 12, 2012 at 10:08 p.m.

I GAT yo point my man! Now let's roll before the grammar police gat us too!

I think it is more of ArcSys taking a few positive points from persona and integrating it to BB, in terms of combo mechanics and proration.

SuperStraightFighter said on December 13, 2012 at 4 a.m.

I understand, I finished all UMVC3 trials in 2 days, but stuck with certain BB char's trials for sometime. I know you can't judge combo difficulty with trials but it's a fairly good indication. BB's timing is alot strict to me especially with the jump cancels and stuff, and for me doing 200+ combos in Marvel is a walk in the park for me.

Digital_Masta said on December 13, 2012 at 8:02 a.m.

Funny that #7 mentions that it's harder than most Capcom fighters. Many Japanese BB players would say the exact opposite. They find street fighter in particular to be can extremely difficult game because you have to link combos, have to worry about 1 frame link combos and the constant predicting of your opponents moves.

Megaphone said on December 13, 2012 at 9:38 a.m.

@24 (Digital_Masta)

Your comment is based off of nothing. If you want to make grand statements like that, you're going to have to link to interviews and/or forum posts that are verifiably BB / SF pros. I don't mean to sound like I'm completely dismissing your point, I actually don't know if the majority of professional players find one game harder than another. It's just that a decent debate can't get started if people are assuming unverified things at the get-go!

Digital_Masta said on December 13, 2012 at 2:22 p.m.

What do "professional players" have anything to do with whether or not Japanese BB players find SF more difficult to play?

Do you live in a major Japanese city that a top 3 SBO finisher (Shingo) for P4U frequently visits to play? I do. But not only him but other very strong players in both games who you'll never hear of because Japan just has that many strong players. Are you visiting game centers in Japan constantly and chatting with players of various fighting games, getting to know them and what they like to play? Well I am.

I am constantly talking to Japanese players, both really strong and not as strong and they tell me that they find Street Fighter to be more complicated than Blazblue. So please...just stop.

And please define, "Professional Player" but really in the end whether they are "pro" doesn't actually matter because it's not only their opinions that matter.

crispylinks77 said on December 15, 2012 at 10:38 p.m.

Taokaka is a vortex character now..... Kreygasm