Posted by Steven 'Dreamking23' Chavez • December 4, 2012 at 10:45 a.m. PST
Diary of a Gamer: Latif in Japan part 2 - more on his SBO experience, footage of Team Japan vs. Team U.S.A. RZR|Latif recently sent us part 2 of his blog detailing his experience at SBO 2012. In this installment, Latif talks about the actual SBO event and the matchups against Team Japan and -6's team.

In case you missed part 1, you can check it out here.

Below is a bit to get you started.

Finally, after few hours, the event started and the time had come for SBO! The hardest thing when it comes to team tournaments is deciding who goes first; especially in a single elimination format. In AE2012, there are some matchups that a character will have a harder time to defeat than others, so we wanted to make sure to send the right person first in order to counter pick the other team’s first character.

I have seen many videos before and whenever I see Dashio play in a team tournament, he tends to always go first. In my opinion, my character “C. Viper” is a good counter pick for Seth so I asked my teammates BT Dieminion and EG PR Rog if I could go first since I was very confident in that match and they all agreed to it. The only concern that I had was “What if they send another player to counter my character?” so pretty much for every decision we make there is always a risk but we thought me going first had the lowest risk amongst the other choices.

Hit the jump to check out the set of matches between Team U.S.A. (BT|Dieminion, RZR|Latif, EG|PR Balrog) vs. Team Japan (Akimo, Dashio, Super Santarou Boy).

Comments

PwnageJuIcE said on December 4, 2012 at 11:40 a.m.

that sagat was solid as f**k those were some great matches.

Bamomo01 said on December 4, 2012 at 11:43 a.m.

WOO PR ROG

Sang said on December 4, 2012 at 11:51 a.m.

Thank you.

Cool blog and interesting experience for Latif.

But like SBO happened looong time ago lol.

Regardless, good stuff

WLA_Static said on December 4, 2012 at 11:56 a.m.

Damn Abel lol

Sang said on December 4, 2012 at 1:19 p.m.

Damn. Dat sagat was solid as fcuk.

Damn Japanese play the game really good.

Gemakai said on December 4, 2012 at 2:14 p.m.

Those matches were really tight. Good stuff

TimTim said on December 4, 2012 at 3:49 p.m.

At #4 Wow, poor grammar and I don't even know what to say to the second sentence.

LK said on December 4, 2012 at 10:25 p.m.

OMG THAT SAGAT! Mind officially blown.

Asurah said on December 4, 2012 at 11:23 p.m.

I didn't realize supertarouman still played, awesome Sagat

meioopsdfjwoei said on December 5, 2012 at 3:45 a.m.

bagel_bytez said on February 9, 2013 at 11:42 p.m.

That rog finish was clutch to the max